Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-11-2004, 06:56 AM   #581
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Eärniel: *mutters* Who in their right mind wants to have a nightly fight? I was just dreaming so nicely...

Tano: What's that? *pointing to something fluffly Eärniel is holding in her hand*

Eärniel: *grabs object in question and hugs it defensively* It's my stuffed frog.

Tano: And you're bringing it along to your battle station?

Eärniel:*sulky* I got janked out of my bunk rather fast.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:17 PM   #582
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

The Captain finds the telescope in the pocket of her coat, and looks out at the. . .thing. . .that is fast approaching. It appears to be a ship, moving fast towards them, but it is hazy around the edges. The Captain sighs. The First Mate sighs. Everyone else is panicking. The ship moves towards them, head on in the wind, which causes the panickers to be quite puzzled.

EG: EVERYONE CALM DOWN! Don't move. Wait. Still. Hold your fire.

Crew: Meh?

Roya: But I want a fight!

EG: Just wait. Captain's orders.

Roya: But--

EG: *stands up tall, somehow managing to tower over Roya* Do you dare defy me?

Roya: Yes.

EG: THen you will suffer my wrath. Now hold!

The ship comes right up to them. The crew waits with bated breath, as the boat comes right up to them. They can see there are dim figures working the boat, but everything is hazy. And then the ship passes right through them, and sails on. The Captain speaks.

EG: Ghost ships sail these waters. They are harmless, so long as you do not provoke them. But if you do, it will spell our doom. Be careful. *to E XK* I'm afraid Roya needs to be punished. . .

E XK: I'm afraid, Roya, that you must be flogged for your insolence.

ooc: Sorry, Roya! Must be done. . .need discipline. . .er. . .meh?

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 10:35 PM   #583
Sanity's Demise
Elven Warrior

*Roya shrugs, walks overe to the captian and speaks slow and calmly so only she and ExK can hear*

Roya: As you wish cap'n, but you will get yours. By my hand or no, you'll get yours.

EG: *sputter* what?! Clap this one in irons and stow her in the brig!

Roya: *chuckle* Dont want ta ave it out with me then? By the powers that be! You'll go where many a good seaman 'as gone afore you should you dare!

Exk: stow it! or else you'll hang for your loose gab!

Roya: ha! come then! take up a cutlass an i'll take mine! I swear by the powers o the sea an by me pride as a buccaneer i'll see the color o yer insides fore i drop dead!

EG: *thunderously* Enough! clap the loon in Irons!you will suffer for this!

Roya: *chuckle* as you wish Eruviel Greenleaf. As you wish.

*Roya holds out her hands and she is clapped in irons and lead away. The crew stares at both her and Captian Greenleaf.*

EG: *looks somewhat aback but wipes it quickly away* I pronounce the sentence of Boatswain Roya to be given 24 lashes with the cat'o'nine tails and to be doused in salt there afterwards. This is a pirate ship. MY pirate ship. And I will tolorate no disobediance!

Crew: *mills about*

EG: The sentance shall be carried out dawn in tommarow. Back to your bunks!

OOC: I like to have my punishment doled out as if it were a real ship. Tower over me? Fat chance o that in real life, so i suppose you could play it out over here....midget.

"Think of Zombies. They're like Energizer Bunnies from hell! They don’t give up, they just keep going!"
-Casey on one of his favorite topics.

Last edited by Sanity's Demise : 01-12-2004 at 12:18 AM.
Sanity's Demise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:03 AM   #584
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

The next morning Roya's sentence is carried out, while the more squeamish crew members hide in the cabin trying not to listen.

Willow: Don't you think Cap'n's being a little harsh? I mean, the lashes okay but salt in the wound after that's just... *trails off uneasily*

Earniel: Of course it's a bit much, that's why we're in here instead of out there watching.

Willow: Now if only we could do something about the sound.

*They both cover their ears and wait for it to stop.*
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:40 AM   #585
Sanity's Demise
Elven Warrior

OOC: heh.

*Lucky for the more squeamish crewmembers Roya's pride did not allow her to cry out, but the fall of the lash on flesh made up for that. But rather than become more subservial Roya was merely more inticed and more masked.*

Roya: uhhn....*thwak!* GGRRRAAAH!

*once it was done she was cut down. Rather then fall she stood up without haveing the humiliation of being supported by the other crew members. EG Stood infront of her*

EG: *slightly softend tones* now. Will you be of better cheer when i issue my orders? No word out of line? I want you to hop to the commands without question, that be clear?

Roya: *same tone as before* As you wish Greenleaf. As you wish.

EG: After all this is that how you dare to address your captian?

Roya: You aint no cap'n o mine. you can fall on me with that feather weight hand all you like. I stand by me words! *spits*

EG: very well, take her to the brig and lock her there with but water till she changes her mind!

*tano and sici make to lead her off by her elbows but Roya shrugs them off and limps down herself*

"Think of Zombies. They're like Energizer Bunnies from hell! They don’t give up, they just keep going!"
Old 01-12-2004, 12:50 AM   #586
Eruviel Greenleaf

ooc: Roya, I'm taller than you! At least I think I am. . .at any rate, the Captain most certainly is

ic:

The Captain stands by watching, her face a mask of stone, as Roya is flogged. Most of the crew is not present, and she does, admittedly, not have the heart to make them watch. However, when it is over, she calls all hands on deck and speaks to them:

EG: I regret to have to do this to one of my crewmembers, especially the Boatswain. But I cannot have such a lack of discipline and respect aboard my ship. Let this be an example such that I shall never have to do this again. I hate to hurt any of you, but if any of you disobey my orders, dispute my orders without good reason (this is all the code, and all what you signed when you joined my crew), or challenge me as our Boatswain did, I will have no other choice. I am incredibly lenient, but I cannot abide by what has transpired here between myself and the bos'un.

Now we sail on.

And the Nal, in Ghost Waters, sails on towards her goal. . .

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 01-12-2004, 12:56 AM   #587
Sanity's Demise
Elven Warrior

OOC: Well, yes. bloody elf that you are. but when i last saw you i was struck by how short ya were. maybe ya have grown.. i dunno. Anyhoo....

ROya: *to herself when they left* well, the time is drawnin nigh...might as well...Damn it, she was right....should na ave gotten so damn entangled.... *dumps the water over her back to get out the salt* ARRRG! gah! damn her to hell! *passes out*

Old 01-12-2004, 07:11 AM   #588
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

XK is standing at the helm, liking the night time she often keeps the ship sailing at night. The water is creepy and black and the wind seems to whisper in the sails. She shudders and continues as normal, watching the captain, who was unable to sleep, pace the deck.

XK - Not seen a punishment like that for a long time, captain.
EG - No, well times are tough. There's something very wrong about the air these days.
XK - Stale, sinister...
EG - Aye.

Eärniel comes up on deck with a small piece of paper

Eärniel - I've changed the bearings slightly, Flannery and I think these will be more accurate.
EG - Thanks mate. *she nods towards XK who alters the course slightly. Eärniel sighs and glances out across the sea.* Eärniel, you should probably take a rest. You've been at work all night.
Eärniel - Oh, thank you captain. I'm not yet tired.
EG - Okay. *continues to pace*
Eärniel - *whispers* Is EG okay?
XK - Dunno. She seems very concerned about something. But she won't tell anyone what.

They exchange glances and Eärniel disappears back down below and the winds and the tides change, but still they sail on. EG takes the helm and XK goes up to the crows nest with Alex to look out for land; it should be close by.

XK - So what are you going to do now then?
Alex - What do you mean?
XK - Are you staying with the crew?
Alex - Maybe. I'll see how my fortunes bear with the captain.
XK - *raises eyebrow*
Alex - I meant that I have a lot of information that could be useful to a pirate captain.
XK - Like what?
Alex - I'm not telling you. Then you'll just tell her and have me chucked off the ship.
XK - For some strange reason you have, and always have had it in your skull that I hate you.
Alex - Eh? And you don't?
XK - Well, only that time you tried to kill me...Ah
Alex - What?
XK - AH! LAND CAPTAIN LAND!!! *continues to shout and point*

On deck

EG - And you're positive this is the right place?
Flannery - Aye, I am.
EG - Good. I'm glad you were here to help us.
Flannery - Well...I owed you and all...
EG - Don't start that one again...
Flannery - Look, the mate. *points and both look up before looking at where XK is pointing. *
EG - *smiles first real smile for sometime* Land! Flannery, wake the crew.
XK and Alex descend the rigging and jump onto the deck as the rest of the crew gather from below.
Eärniel - *looking over the side* We made it!
XK - Drop anchor! Stow the sails...we're going ashore.

[edit. Post was left unfinished, but is complete now.]

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 01-12-2004 at 08:41 AM.
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 07:28 AM   #589
Eruviel Greenleaf

The crew does as they're told, and soon they are ready to go ashore.

Tano: What's up, Cap'n? XK?
EG: We go ashore here. . .we are near the wine. ALL HANDS! Now, I need some of you to stay aboard to watch the ship while we go ashore. Any volunteers, or shall I assign you?

ooc: That'd be anyone who doesn't mind staying behind while we search on land for the Wine. We're here. But I need people to watch the Nal!

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 01-12-2004, 05:54 PM   #590
Human#3.141592653
Elven Warrior

Katt: I'll stay here. S'not like I'm a major plot point anyway. *chew chew*

Tano: What are you doing?

Katt: Just chewing on the mast. *chew*

OOC: Yes, human is dead. I helped kill her. This is katt btw. Who else would post for me?
Human#3.141592653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:25 PM   #591
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Tano: Okay...just...um, leave enough of the mast to support the sails and all, okay? We do want to get back places...

Katt: Hmm, mm, mmmm....*continues to chew*

Tano: *sighs* Cap'n, can I come with you all?

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:39 PM   #592
Eruviel Greenleaf

EG: Yes, Tano, you may. In fact, I was about to ask if you, and Willow, would. You have the weapon, and it may come in handy. So, then, I say Tanoliel, Willow, Flannery, XK, and myself are necessary to the party. Earniel, I would be extremely grateful if you could watch the boat, but if you want to come that is fine, I can appoint someone else to be in charge, though I would like one of the senior crew members to stay behind. What say you?

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 01-13-2004, 12:10 AM   #593
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien: *pushes her way through the crew* I'd like to go ashore....you never know when ye might need a pick-pocket theif around....or seamtress at that.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Indril Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 12:18 AM   #594
Eruviel Greenleaf

EG: *sighs* Hmm. . .I want to keep the party as small as possible. . .but then you might be useful, if you promise to keep in line. If you, or anyone else interferes in this mission. . .

there is a dangerous glint in her eye. The crew gets the feeling that it would be a very bad idea to do anything wrong.

. . .well, I'd hate to see that happen.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 01-13-2004, 12:24 AM   #595
Sanity's Demise
Elven Warrior

*Roya awakes listless in her cell. She catches Luthien walking by.*

Roya: Uuhhhn...wha be appenen mate?

Luthien: *smirk* We have found the island of the wine.

Roya: What?! *wakes and jumps up to her feet*

Luthien: pitty, i do beleive the roles 'ave been reversed.

Roya: why you lil...I was the one who got you outta ere!

Luthien: Oh well, i am off to go ashore. See you later shipmate.

*she leaves, Roya roars in frustration. Katt comes down.*

Roya: ah come on...i gotta get outta ere!

Old 01-13-2004, 08:52 AM   #596
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

XK blinks, seeing Katt chewing the mast. She sighs and smacks Katt upside the back of the head.

Katt - Hey!
XK - Please don't eat the ship, Katt.
Katt - I wasn't, I was just chewing.
XK - *gives Katt a block of wood* Here you go. Chew on that.
Katt - *gumplity starts to chew, and when XK's back is turned goes back to chomping on the mast* heh heh...

EG and XK inspect all the weapons and equipment as the crew lower the rowboat.

EG - Good, everyone has a weapon should we need it, we have the book that tells us where to go...
XK - Rope...
EG - You mean line.
XK - Well, I don't know because when we're on land it'll be rope. You don't have line on land...*sees EG's look* Okay...the line.
Tano - Row boat ready captain.
EG - Good, all aboard. XK...
XK - Aye.
Tano, Willow, Flannery,Luthien and the captain climb into the boat. XK goes over to Eärniel
XK - Eärniel, you're in command of the ship. Take these flares. Fire the red one if you're in trouble. We have some too, so keep someone in the lookout. If we fire a red flare we need back up. The rowboat is ready for additional crew should we need it. If you fire a red one we will know you're under fire and will head back.*Eärniel nods* Fire the blue one if you're being boarded, and the white one if you have to retreat. Fire the big black one if you have to abandon ship (it's orange when fired by the way) and then the green one if you regain control of the situation. Got it.
Eärniel - Aye...but...wait..no, okay I think I got it.
XK - Sure? *gives Eärniel pile of flares*
Eärniel - Yes. Where in the world did we get these things? What ever was wrong with a red flare to say HELP!
XK - Dunno, got them off one of those merchant ships I think.
Eärniel - Hmph. I liked the bush baby method better. *looks at pile of flares*
XK - Right. We'll be back soon then...I hope.

XK goes back to the row boat and climbs in. The small group start rowing the short distance to shore in silence, passing a shipwreck as they go. Soon though, they hit the sand and jump out of the boat onto the shore. The island is small, and there is something inherantly (sp?) dark about it. Not to mention the fact that the beach fades almost immediately into a dark, dense jungle.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 12:15 PM   #597
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Finrod: Maybe we should ask the Thing in the room, (the room is locked), or do we need BoP to ask, I think she either stuck in the brig or fell overboard...EARNIEL, ICEBERG AHEAD! Oh wait we're not moving...heheheheh...

*he sees the captain leaving*

Finrod: Nooooooo...

Earniel: It's okay, they're coming back...

Finrod: Oh...sorry, too much cheesecake...I mean, I have no food stashed away...ahem...

*exits to below deck quickly.*

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 01-13-2004 at 12:19 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 01:39 PM   #598
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien: Before boarding the rowboat... *begins to think of how Roya had helped bust her out of the brig* Nah, it's every pirate for herself. *continues to think* *concience begins picking at her brain* Oh, fine...but if the Cap'n finds out, I'll be flushing the seawater out of me ears.

*Stealithy makes her way to the brig, making a few "pit stops" first.*
Roya seems to be asleep.

Luthien: Good...*slides lockpick and an iron file beneath the cell door* Ye better appreciate this mate.

*stealthy leaves to board the boat to go ashore*

Afterwards...On land...

Luthien: *leans over to Tano* Is it just me, er does this place give ya the creeps?
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Indril Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 02:19 PM   #599
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*Eärniel sets up different coloured flares so they can be fired in mere seconds. She also makes a little note for herself which one to fire in which situation.*

Eärniel: Oh, katt?

Katt: Yeah?

Eärniel: *points to flares* These are not snacks. Yer not touching or merely chewing on them, understood?

Katt: Whatever made you think I was going to eat that? Everybody knows flares aren't for chewing. I work in the galley, I do know what's edible.

Eärniel: *stares at Katt still chewing on the mast* Right.. and don't you forget it. And stop chewing on the bloody mast!

Katt: Aww, spoilsport....

*Eärniel takes up first watch for the landing's party flares. She takes the bushbaby for company. The landing party has already disappeared from her view into the dense rainforest. The sea around the Nal is very, very quiet and Eärniel can't shake off the eerie atmosphere. *

Eärniel: *shivers* And here we are with a captain who acts slightly strange, a whipped boatswain in the brig and a nutter-crewwoman who's chewing on masts. Hardly business as usual... except for Katt. What a place to hide the Holy Wine!
Old 01-13-2004, 05:35 PM   #600
Eruviel Greenleaf

On land, the crew members quickly realize that they cannot see a thing as they get closer into the jungle--well, they cannot see anything except for a bright, full moon above them, but strangely it does not give any light to the forest around them. They are surrounded by darkness.

Except that Flannery can see.

EG: Flannery, you can see in this, right?
Flannery: Yes. Yes I can.
EG: Good. I thought as much. The map says we follow this path to a cave. But you'll have to lead us; we can't see a thing.
Flannery: Very well, Captain. I will lead the way. I can see the map, too. Awful bright here. . .for me. . .
Others: *sigh*

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!