Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-29-2001, 11:58 PM   #41
Darth Tater

Re: EntmootCon Planning (LotR Movie Meeting)

Yeah, I dont' think extra travelling is a good idea
Old 08-01-2001, 04:08 PM   #42
webwizard333

You guys better have a name game. You might get funny looks if you're calling eachother Darth Tater or Captain Tarpols in the movie theatre.
Old 08-02-2001, 12:25 AM   #43
anduin

LOL, that is a good point, but when I was in college all my friends had some goofy nickname. So we might not get too many strange looks. However, I would be embarassed to be called Anduin in public...especially at the movie. I mean how big of a geek would I be to answer to a name that is taken from a river in the book?

Full user names would be strange. But Tater is not so strange of a name...kinda funny actually. Tarps sounds fine as a nick also. And as far as Web goes.....I actually know a guy named Web.
Old 08-02-2001, 01:03 AM   #44
Darth Tater

Um, I'm not sure I wanna be called a potato in public
Old 08-02-2001, 01:23 AM   #45
webwizard333

I'm not going to be there, so I don't having to worry about being called Web. Though if I do go to one of these gathering (most likely the 3rd one) I'd like to be called John and not have people think my name is "Webster" or something like that.
Old 08-02-2001, 01:40 AM   #46
gdl96

I don't have to worry about people calling me "gdl" but I know I'm gonna be calling anduin "anduin", darth tater "tater" and so on.
Old 08-02-2001, 03:03 AM   #47
Shanamir Duntak

At least, my name doesnt sounds too bad...
Old 08-02-2001, 06:24 AM   #48
Manwe Sulimo

Hmm... I sort of wonder what I'd be called... My rl name you would have trouble pronouncing correctly(I won't tell you, you'd just laugh at me), and Manwe... well, You'd almost have to treat me like the High King or something then, and I suppose bmilder's gonna have that position, so... shorten it down a bit, perhaps? go around calling me Man...
Old 08-02-2001, 12:10 PM   #49
anduin

Or Da Man.

You know what I just thought about, and this maybe be a stupid idea so tell me if you think it is, but wouldn't it be kinda neat to get into the papers or something? I think people traveling from all over, who met on the internet, to watch a movie is news worthy. Especially since the internet gets such bad publicity, this would be an instance where things turned out okay (at least that is what we hope. )

Old 08-02-2001, 03:37 PM   #50
Darth Tater

I guess I should start pounding it in now: MY NAME IS JOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2001, 04:03 PM   #51
bmilder

Surely you're just joshing
Old 08-02-2001, 05:33 PM   #52
mRoWrY

If you DO call each other "Darth Tater" or "Captain Tarpols" in public, it might be easier to get publicity.

"At 7:30 PM, Eastern Daylight Time, on December 28th, 2001, a mob of mad Tolkien freaks tromped into the movie theater. The members of what seems to be a secret society address each other with cryptic titles such as 'Darth Tater' and 'Captain Tarpols.' There are also some names that have some relevance to the movie, specifically 'Anduin,' which undoubtedly have been devised to tame suspicion of their evil plot. The police are investigating the matter."
Old 08-02-2001, 06:02 PM   #53
Darth Tater

:rollin: whatever you say codename macgirl
Old 08-02-2001, 07:24 PM   #54
gdl96

I was also thinking about something with the papers. We should contact them maybe a week before or so. I think this kind of thing should be able to get us in cuz I see stupider stuff put into them everyday.
Old 08-02-2001, 08:15 PM   #55
bmilder

Which papers? The local ones? Or New York Times?
Old 08-02-2001, 08:24 PM   #56
anduin

Local, I can't take the chance that someone in NYC would know that I am in the area.
Old 08-02-2001, 10:15 PM   #57
Shanamir Duntak

Hey, it's almost a good idea....and we could call TV...and maybe the president could... bah.... finally, let's stick to the newspaper.
Old 08-03-2001, 12:30 AM   #58
Darth Tater

Yeah, free advertising!

"A group of LOTR fans, a book with a website called tolkientrail.com, will be seeing the movie at a local theatre as a get together for people from tolkientrail.com. This will be hosted by bmilder, cofounder of tolkientrail.com. visit tolkientrail.com for more info"
Old 08-03-2001, 03:17 AM   #59
Gilthalion

If you want publicity, you must take hostages.

Or say you dated Gary Condit.

Don't think I can make the 30 hour drive to New Jersey, and I'm sure the Mrs wouldn't be thrilled with the notion either! You older fools lift one for me at the pub!
Old 08-03-2001, 07:02 AM   #60
Manwe Sulimo

"A group of crazed LoTR fans are gonna be getting together and go see the LoTR movie in the weekend of (insert dates here), and we will advice all that are not a member of that group(which include people known as Tater, Tarpool, anduin, Shanamir, webwizard and some other strange names) to stay clear of that area in that period, as we don't know what they might do. The local cinema reports that they fear that the group might become violent if there are some parts of the movie they don't like. Our investigators report that the ones you should really look out for are known as Darth Tater and gdl96. You should also be careful if you run into a guy called Captain Tarpools, especially if a guy called bmilder is nearby. The entire group should be avoided, unless you are a huge LoTR fan, which might lead to assimilation into their group, so caution is adviced for them as well."