Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-09-2003, 07:35 PM   #41
Aewionen
Elf Lord

AJ stood up from her harp. She had just finished playing In Dreams from Lord of the Rings. She was a huge fan of the books and the movies. I can't wait till Return of the King comes out! 10 hour marathon! Oh yeah. She smiled and looked at the clock, "5:15...better get to work." AJ ran downstairs and waved to her mom, "I am going to work mom....see you later!" Her mother smiled and nodded her head. She was on the phone, Most likely talking to Jim...her new boyfriend...ooooooo. She rolled her eyes and walked out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AJ arrived at work at the Foaming Cup, the local coffe house and cafe. Putting on her apron, she went and stood behind the small desk. "Hello, can I get you anything?" she asked someone who came up to her, "Yes, I would like to get a iced chocolate mocha, french vanilla frappichino." (ooc: Those are the best! 2.00 at school....mmmmm) "Coming right up....."
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 08:47 PM   #42
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc: lol, frappys are a big theme in this rpg! actually haven't tried the french vanilla, just moved to the city, I've only had the choco malt, yum! is it too late to change our valar? I can understand if it is, though I just started reading the silmarillion and fell in love with yavanna! anywho, if not, its kk!

ic: Pip sat on the couch, school books laying open on the cushions. "Ahhhh! This is taking forever!" she said slamming the vocab book down. Reluctantly she picked up her biology book, and notebook that had scrambled notes about monera, and prokaryotic cells across the page. After about five miuites of skimming through the pages, she threw all her books in the bookshelf and ran into her room. she sat by the computer and turned on her music. She cicked on the little blue 'e' and went straight to the 'moot. After she had posted about 5 or 6 messages, she sat and read the silmarillion. Didn't she wish that she was there, (even thought the hobbits haven't come yet) Yavanna was the bomb. She could just see herself, taking care of the trees, and flowers, and everything good in the world. She laid her book down and flipped on the tv to see the newest 'survivor'.

ooc: lol, again, exactly like my day. boring, huh?

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 10:24 PM   #43
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
As the bow sped swiftly up and down the strings, Jessica felt a little light headed, but not enough to stop. She seemed almost to be a part of a larger melody, of some gargantuan orchestral piece with all of creation playing harmony...

Ooc: How'r we going to get together?!?
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 12:22 AM   #44
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

are we supposed to somehow go to middle-earth? right? I guess we'll meet there, we can all get thrown in the same place. that needs to happen soon, or otherwise, i'm gonna have to start writing about somthing other than my day, cause its the same thing over and over again, (xept, tomorrow mom PROMISED we are going to barnes&noble! whether I get the book or not, that is the question)

Old 10-10-2003, 12:56 AM   #45
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

" For my part of the show, I will sing a medley including, "In Dreams," "Gollum's song," and finally "The Prophecy" all done by Fran Walsh and Howard Shore." She paused for a while, then began in a clear, beautiful, melidous voice."When the cold of winter comes_, starless night will cover day.___ In the veiling of the sun_, we will walk_ in bitter rain.____ but in dreams____, I can hear your name.___ And in dreams_____, we will meet_ again.___________*musical interlude* When the seas and mountains fall___, and we come___ to end of days___, in the dark I hear a call_, calling me there.___ I will go there___ and back again__________."
Then the tune changed, and in a more horse voice she [Emillia Torrani] began,"Where once was light____, now darkness falls.____ Where once was love____, love is no more.____ Don't_ say____, goodbye.________ Don't say___I didn't try.________ These tears we cry____, are falling rain,____ for all the lies you told us, the hurt the blame.____ And we will weep to be_ so alone___ we are lost, we can never go home."
Then the tune turned darker and brooding," Hias ta, Quetes, Ilfiromanin Corma, turien, te Corma, tuvien, Cor-ma-tu-ti-en te huinesse, nu-ti-en, Ter-ca-no-nu-ru-va."

There was tumutous [loud] applause, and she took a low bow. She walked off stage, and was blocked by Penny[Pendance]. "you think your'e so great, just beacuse you arranged it. Hmmph!" She walked away huffily. I just stared after her, and smirked.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 09:42 AM   #46
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

We do NOT go to Middle-earth - we're already *in* Middle-earth, time's just changed so much noone believes in it any more; and the lands have separated & floated apart (like supposedly they did a billion years ago). As for getting together, we were supposed to be assembled by Gandalf, but seeing as noone volunteered for that part, there'll either have to be intergration, changing schools/work or someone taking 2 characters. Myself I don't particularly fancy taking 2 characters, but I don't mind anyone else's suggestions etc.

Friendships will have to be established. I have decided a possiblity for meeting: soon Kate will be sent to the doctors' for investigation on frequent migraines/vomiting & headaches, perhaps she can meet someone there.

Pip you can be Yavanna.

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-10-2003 at 09:49 AM.
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 05:58 PM   #47
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

yay! thanx earloth! ok, I'll go somewhere, somebody meet me.

ic: Pip woke in the night with a wrenching pain in her stomach. She tried to fight it away and go back to sleep, but it didn't work. She popped two TUMS in her mouth and laid down on the couch. She woke up the next morning, still in pain. They drove to the hospital. *** she sat in the waiting room, staring blankly at the stark white walls. 'What is taking so long?' she thought. She looked around at all the people waiting. There was a little kid with a nose bleed, a boy with a broken arm, a sickly looking old man, and a girl, sitting in the corner, keeping to herself.

ooc: ok, is that good enough?

Old 10-10-2003, 06:23 PM   #48
Legoles

A tall, thin, blonde girl entered the ward with her mother and sat down with a black book, and pencils of all shapes, sizes, and sharpnesses. She picked up her pencil and began to draw with her right hand, with a pained expression on her face. Finally she shighed in exasperation, and shut the book cover. She put down her pencils and picked up a very, very thick volume called,"The lord of the Rings. Includes: The Fellowship of the Ring,The Two Towers, and The Reurn of the King."

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 10-10-2003, 06:36 PM   #49
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: I hate coffee, so I have been hesitant of frappys. I think I'll try one though, just to see if they're any good to a coffee-hater like me

ic: "Rob, do ya got yer homework dun?" A voice sounded from downstairs.

Robert looked up from his book, "Aye, I jus' finished mum," He called back. He went downstairs, his mom was in the kitchen, cooking supper. "I'm gonna go over t' the shop for a while, call if ya need me," He told his mom.

"That I will laddie, now go and do whatever it is you do for hours in there."

Rob ran over to the haphazard building next to his house. Inside, half-completed projects lay strewn about, identifiable only to the person making them. Rob picked up one particularly strange-looking object, and set it down on his work table. He grabbed his welding torch (hee hee ) and went to work. There was nothing that Rob loved more than making things, wether it be out of scrap metal or the wood pieces in shop class. Slowly the object began to take shape, becoming a small model of a horse and rider. Finally, he leaned back in his chair, satisfied with his new creation.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 07:05 PM   #50
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Pip saw the girl with the sctech book sit down. Being the only thing interesting, and healthy, in the room, Pip was watching her intently. When she pulled out the lord of the rings, Pip's heart jumped. She walked over and sat down in the empty seat beside the girl. "Hello my name is Pip." she said. "I noticed you are reading the lord of the rings, I am a huge fan, more like fanatic." She said, starting to feel better. "What's your name?"

Old 10-10-2003, 07:50 PM   #51
Legoles

" Huh? Oh hi Pip I'm Isabella. I'm a fanatic too. Just yesterday, I sang "In Dreams," "Gollum's Song" and "The Prophecy." I arranged them myself. So, how're you, and whats wrong?"

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 10-11-2003, 01:14 AM   #52
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"oh, I had a horrid stomachache last night, but i believe I am feeling better!" Pip replied. "That is great, I would love to hear you sing, though I am not sure if the hospital is the proper place to sing!" she said.

ooc: WENT TO BARNES&NOBLE!!!!! I got the book! And it is so new, the guy pulled it out of the box for me, and its hardback cause thats all they make! what luck! anywho, justwanted to share my excitement!
'woot-woot'

Old 10-11-2003, 01:27 AM   #53
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Ooc: COFFEEEEEEE! I like coffee. Frappys are alright, but give me a steaming cup of good coffee on a cold morning! Ooh, so black and savoury; I don't like sugar or anything. Just black coffee.

Ic: The next morning Jessica borded the plane that would take her too Ireland. (Ireland, right?) She was going to play Puck in A Midsummer Night's Dream, and Ariel in The Tempest. Powerful spirits of the air, both characters were, though Ariel was more serious and wished to be free of bondage. It was a pity that no one else she knew was going; Anthony had almost made the part of Oberon, but not quite.

The plane touched down at last, landing in a runway hidden from high above by the green hills around.

It'll be cold, Jessica thought, already in her fantasy tunic and leggings.

She stepped off of the plane and waited for her foster family to pick her up. They seemed nice enough, and had a son about her own age named Rob...
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 01:29 AM   #54
zone
Elven Warrior

heh cold....
Old 10-11-2003, 10:01 AM   #55
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Kate glanced up at the two girls next to her: “I like The Lord of the Rings,” she said meekly. She knew how she must have looked: her dull green eyes watery with tears, drear red hair falling over her sweaty forehead, her skin grossly paler than usual – ugh, red hair and pale skin?she thought. Holy crap, like two genetic f/ckups for the price of one – but she pushed these thoughts to the back of her head, where they clattered around, enhancing her headache. She smiled reservedly and asked:

“Why are you here?”

The blonde explained of her malady (ooc: hey, what was your sickness? ) and the brunette of the history of her stomachache.

“That could have been period pain, although I don’t think it would have persisted after you took medication,” Kate murmured. Her vision wasn’t improving in the slightest, but the pain in her head was diminishing, replaced by a churching nauseation in her throat and stomach and a swirling dizziness behind her eyes. She began to shake, and just as the brunette asked her why she was in the hospital she held a brown paper bag to her face and vomited into it. The bag was filled with a horrid-smelling clear bile before Kate gave way to dry-retching. She dropped the bag into the bin beside her chair and blinked tears of strain out of her eyes; some of the blood vessels in her face had burst.

“I get migraines all the time,” she told the other two, her cheeks reddening; the blush would have been obvious but that the broken blood vessels had already made her look like a giant hickey. “I had to come to America to get a cat-scan because the Australian doctors saw a shadow or something that might have been a brain tumour but wasn’t clear enough to make out.” She didn’t know why she was telling these 2 strangers this: she just felt a certain comfort around them, that they deserved to know, as though they were half-forgotten friends whom she had not seen for an age.

Her headache was overriding the sickness again; she faintly heard her mother calling her: she quickly scribbled her email [Nienna_o_Valier@hotmail.com) on two pieces of paper and gave it to the girls and joined her mum at the reception desk.

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-11-2003 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:40 PM   #56
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc: is that really your e-mail adress? ok, i doubt it, nevermind,

ic: "She didn't looks so good." said Pip with a sympethetic smile. "I'm feeling better, it was probably just something I ate." She smiled, she wasn't feeling any pain, and she was having a goodtime talking to Isabella. "Would you like to come over o my house after we get out of here?" Pip asked. She tore a piece of paper from a magazine a scribbled her address on it. They called her name over the intercom. "Bye!" She said as she walked to the desk.

Old 10-13-2003, 12:29 AM   #57
Legoles

*Mucho later!*
"Um... Does Pip live here? She asked me to come over after we got out of the hospital.'
The woman at the door called, "PIP!!! A girl has come to see you!"

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 10-13-2003, 12:34 AM   #58
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Pip quickly ran out of herroom, down the hall and into the living room where Isabella stood. "Isabella! Thanks for coming! Mom, we'll be in my room." she said to her mom. Pip led her into her room which was small and cluttered. a desk sat be the door with a purple imac (my compy!) on it. "Always have to have my internet close!" pip said, offering Isabella a seat on the bed. "So, are you feeling better?" pip laughed.

Old 10-13-2003, 05:56 PM   #59
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: erg...stupid...stupid...stupid....

Roya woke up in a daze. It was 5:00am and all was dark. There was a slight twinge of pain in her head as she raised herself to sitting position. A headache almost, but only a shadow of one. As though it was she was veiwing someone elses pain in her head. (the valar were all sort of interconected that way, or so i gathered...) but she shoke off the phantom pain and headed to the fridge and found nothing worth eating, so seh turned to her normal breakfast of coffee and a cigarette. (Unhealthy i know... ) and went off to work.

OOC: I dont know where every one is, but by the looks of it, Earloth, Piptook & Legoles are all in the same place. I am in Seattle Kalille is in Ireland and i think that i will somehow meet her there...Must ponder the thought.

And as for Zone....Bugger off you little spammer.

I think that Gandalf should be an open character than a fixed one because it spreads the responsibility of posting over every one. And what grade are you in Earloth?
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 09:04 PM   #60
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Kate scrawled a message into her keyboard, Pip’s email typed carefully into the ‘Send To’ box.

Hey Pip its Kate;

How are you? What happened with your stomachache? I hope ur alright.

My test showed up negative; I dun have a tumour, but the doctors say that I’m prone to fits and manifold persona

Suddenly Kate felt a surge of pain rising in her head: it felt like her blood and brains were boiling in her temples and the throbbing exceeded anything she had ever experienced in a migraine. It lasted for about three seconds before she fainted.

Her hand lifted to the keyboard: slowly, unwittingly she typed:

Akašân aþâra phelûn, ayanûz, delgûmâ
um Phanaikelûth mâchan Mânawenûz amanaišal
Mâchananaškad o machallâm

Leaning over, she seized the mouse, delivered the email and slipped off her chair.

*You are commanded to the appointed dwelling, ainu, the dome
of heaven under the Moon and the authority of Manwë honed
In the Ring of Doom to take your throne.

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-13-2003 at 09:08 PM.