Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-01-2003, 02:21 PM   #41
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
Ooh! can I be Legolas?

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 06:24 PM   #42
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
So I think in a couple of posts I'll introduce myself but I'm in to many Rpg's as it is to be a main charater.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 09:15 PM   #43
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärloth
Sure and by the bio it seems you would be of this world and a part of the group whose worlds have been mingled?
Yeah, I am.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 11:31 PM   #44
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

My character has an alternate set of clothing, but usually wears the ninja clothes. Adyway we should get started soon!

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 12:38 AM   #45
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Yay! *Laughs manaiacly* Of course Tel won't get in Gimli's way, unless he wants to be beheaded. Oh, his name is Telepelenmire, so I just shorten it to Tel. His name is Tel and he's a Telerin. I likes to keep it easy to remember.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 01:54 AM   #46
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

I am pip, yes I am, pip, thats me! but I can be another fellowship person, I'll be merry if you want me to! yay! I'm pip and merry!

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 01:59 AM   #47
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

HO HO HO! to the bottle I go!
To heal my heart and drown my woe,
Rain may fall, and wind may blow,
But there still be many miles to go!

I love that song! I can just see myself with a pint of ale standing on a table in the green dragon, or maybe its a cup of tea!

Old 10-02-2003, 04:21 AM   #48
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Heheheh you sound drunk enough nah jk.

Gulio how are you going to introduce Tel...ah bugger it we'll improvise

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 08:41 AM   #49
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

OOC: Sorry people I detail things too much and this will most likely go over 2 posts.

IC: Aiarél waded through the warm seawater, the soft blue of the ripples just touching her knees: her skirts floated upon the surface of the water behind her as she strode across the shining white sands, the sunlight glinting off the sediment through the sparkling lip of the ocean that bordered Valinor.
“AIARÉL, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING IN THE WATER IN THAT DRESS?”
Aiarél turned in shock: upon the beach stood Belda, who had been her strict nurse since ever she could remember, a look of white fury on her face.
“GET OUT OF THE WATER THIS INSTANT!!!” Belda screeched. Aiarél sprinted towards the shore, veering around Belda and towards the towering white city.
“Varda, protect me,” Aiarél prayed as the strangled cries of indignation of Belda assaulted her ears. She rushed through the shortcut to her own home: through thick bushes and trees, but something impeded her path: pushing past a thick bunch of leaves Aiarél collided heavily with –
“Ciriáran?” Aiarél stammered. The elder Telerin gazed at her, taken aback. “Please,” Aiarél implored, “if Belda inquires as to which way I was headed when last you saw me, tell her I was running in the direction of where the skeletons of the Two Trees stand.” Ciriáran blinked and murmured: “Yes, my lady.” Aiarél smiled gratefully and began to run again, uncomfortably aware that Ciriáran was staring after her.
Aiarél at last reached her house, and running into her chambers slammed her door and flung herself on her bed. No more than five minutes had passed when she heard the door slowly ease open: turning, she saw her father standing in the doorway, smiling softly at her. Aiarél relaxed: she never felt stressed in any way when around her father, though she had chosen to adopt the life of a Telerin rather than his own Vanyarin culture. However, Ingwë being the High King of the Vanyar, and Aiarél’s mother, Arátálpa, being the new Queen of the Teleri, there could never be a complete sundering of Aiarél from her Vanyarin heritage.
“And wherebouts have you been gadding?” he asked her pleasantly, with a light-hearted glance at Aiarél’s skirts. “Belda will be furious.” Aiarél giggled, and Ingwë crossed the room and sat beside her on her bed. His golden hair was near as radiant as his daughter’s, though not at all close in length.
“Aiarél,” he began tiredly, “have you no desire at all in this world for love?” Aiarél sighed. “No, father – I have hearkened to the stories of its bliss, but such I myself seem to find in the song of the waves.”
Ingwë shrugged. “And what of Ciriáran?” he asked. At the outburst of groans from his daughter he said quickly: “That be only a suggestion, he fancies you, you know.”
“But I do not fancy him.
“Then what do you fancy?” Ingwë inquired.
“Adventure,” Aiarél responded dramatically. “He’s old: he saw the Light of Telperion and Laurelin not long after you.”
“Was not Lúthien old in contrast with Beren?” Ingwë presented Aiarél’s battered and re-read copy of There and Back Again and What Followed After. “Was not Aragorn young whilst Arwen had seen the better part of the Third Age?” Aiarél snatched the book away from her father. “What does it matter, it’s only a fantasy.”
“However I gave you that book to teach you appreciation of peace – if Sauron had not have been exiled with Morgoth there is a chance that this may have happened –”
Aiarél giggled. “As though,” she remarked. Ingwë smiled and kissed his daughter on the head. “You are today 17,” he informed her. “Already many of Valinor are trying to win your heart – I should be glad the music of Ulmo has already ensnared it.”
“Thankyou, father,” Aiarél replied, echoes of exasperation ringing in her voice. Hearing it, Ingwë wrapped his arms around her and tickled her ribs. “S-stop it…” Aiarél pleaded, before collapsing into a fit of giggles.
“In any case, I’ve just the thing to take your mind off Ciriáran – and any other man, for that matter,” Ingwë told her. He walked out of the room and returned with a large chest. Aiarél kissed him on the cheek and took it gingerly, and placing it upon her bed and opening it slowly: inside the trunk there was a magnificent dark blue dress, sewn with silver and garlanded with the silver shapes of shells and stars: upon the breast there was a giant seashell, upon the hip at the end of the bodice many white stars. Beneath that there was a cloak of purple-blue with a seashell pin at the throat, and resting upon all was a silver band embedded with sapphire. Ingwë turned while Aiarél shed her wet dress and clad herself in the new garb, and then placed the silver upon her head.
“It’s beautiful,” Aiarél observed. “Thankyou.”
“Come,” Ingwë bid her; “I have more to show you.” Following Ingwë outside and unto the shores of Valinor, Aiarél came upon a great white ship; she stood gazing at it, amazed.
“It’s yours,” Ingwë told her.

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-02-2003 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:13 AM   #50
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärloth
NOTE: Sorry people I detail things too much and this will most likely go over 2 posts.

“It’s yours,” Ingwë told her.
“It can’t be,” Aiarél stammered. “It’s…too much.”
“It is suited,” re-analysed Ingwë. “Did you think I did not know that you long for adventure upon Belegaer before today? My only request is that you return when you fall in love.”
“When I fall in love?”
“So that you may know and appreciate the hardship and sorrow of parting with one you cherish,” Ingwë smiled sadly. Aiarél threw her arms around his neck.
“I love you, father,” she whispered.
“And only now, that I have given you the ability to sail far away from me do you say that.” Aiarél giggled again. She bade him farewell, and her mother, and set out from the white shores of Aman in the great ship.

Aiarél sailed the Ocean for 217 years, before coming into harbour at the Grey Havens of Middle-Earth, whereat she was greeted by C*rdan. She dislodged and journeying further eastward, she came upon something that filled her with horror: orcs waylaid her, and though she much enjoyed putting her skill and bow to use, she was not familiar with any country that harboured orcs: according to her knowledge they had been extinct since the fall of Morgoth and the exile of Sauron.
The first people she came across where three Hobbits: one looked rather shy at the sight of her; one more pipy than the others and the last seemed substantially older and and better travelled: he bowed and greeted her in Elvish, though the tongue of Middle-earth had progressed such that Aiarél could just barely comprehend his words. Nonetheless she smiled and returned his courtesy, and calmly explained her origins and asked the year. He informed her of the date, and after talking softly together they parted.
“It is the Third Age?” Aiarél murmured to herself. “That should mean that over three thousand years have passed since I left Valinor – it cannot be…” Then a much more urgent, trying matter entered her head: “Oh, no,” Aiarél murmured. “Belda is going to kill me…”

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-02-2003 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:23 PM   #51
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

um, I really sorry but I'm so confused! that was just your background right? and am i supposed to the the two hobbits? confused, I am.

Old 10-02-2003, 08:14 PM   #52
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

I think what just happened was Earloth's character has just sailed to Middle earth and that the three hobbits she met are Pippin, Sam, and Frodo. Did I get it right, Earloth?

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 10:41 PM   #53
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

oh, ok! well in that case, i'm pip!

Old 10-02-2003, 11:44 PM   #54
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Naliwen walked around the white beach, stained red with mens blood, waiting for that traitor Nilakin to show his face <What a Jack-ass> she thought tersley.
*Flashback*
Naliwen walked around her home. It was a place of granduer and beauty, right next to the sea shore. It was made of only moon shells. These pearly shells looked fragile, but were hard as rock. The moonlike texture of the house made everything around it pale in comparison. The beautiful house was remarkable. She was proud of it, as she had made it herself. She then walked out onto the beach to see if she could find more shells.

"Naliwen, wait up!" said Nilakin, one of her most advanced students. "Yes Nilakin?"
"Will you walk along hte beach with me?"
"Uu.. Okay sure. One second please." She ran back in her house, and strapped on her knives, and swords. "Okay, ready." she said as she walked back out to the beach.
"Why all the weaponry?"
"It always pays to be prepared."
They walked down the beach in silence. Suddenly he walked in front of her and said, "This is the end of the line for you, Naliwen." Suddenly she heard many hoots and howls of men. She turned and drew her thin knives wtih sharp tips, and turned to face them. There were only 10 or so of them<Peice of cake>. She jumped high and landed behind them. As they looked up in the sky she stabbed two of them in the back and heard their cries of pain. She shot out from under them, and they fell dead on the beach. She proceeded to kill them all by jumping, ninjitsu, or her knives. Their dark red blood stained the beach.
*End of flashback*
She paced the beach once more, then saw what she was looking for. She lightly bounded over the sand and easily caught up with her student. She tackled him and pinned him down. "Why did you try to kill me, HMm?"
"B***" He muttered just loud enough for me to hear.
"Maybe I'll just kill you then."
"Alright, alright. I'll tell you. Master Nakujin wants you dead and he hired me to do it, okay?'
"Okay then." She fished in one of her pockets, and tied his arms and legs together. She went off to find Master Nakujin and find out why he wanted to kill her..

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 12:24 AM   #55
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Whoa. Estel, when I just now really read your character's bio, my entire life flashed before my eyes. Seriously. Only I have friends now, but still, if someone offered me a LOTR world or my life right now it would be a hard desicion...
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 12:34 AM   #56
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Pippin watched the girl run up the beach. "Well, that was interesting!" he said. "Time for eleventies!" he cried as he ran down the beach towards his home.

Old 10-03-2003, 06:57 AM   #57
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by PippinTook
um, I really sorry but I'm so confused! that was just your background right? and am i supposed to the the two hobbits? confused, I am.
OOC: Lol yeah sorry just mostly explaining how she got into Middle-earth...kind of, just the prelude to her entrance of Middle-earth, I guess. And for the
Quote:
come back when you fall in love, so that you may appreciate the hardship and sorrow of parting with one you cherish
, perhaps a kind of warped passage back to her own world, although it's a bit off...maybe a more *logical* path for travelling between worlds is required?

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Old 10-03-2003, 01:41 PM   #58
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

nah, its fine, i get confused often, you'll just have to get used to me! tee-hee, tea-time! have you had any pip tea yet earloth? well its about time you do! cream and sugar? *hands cup of tea*

Old 10-03-2003, 10:01 PM   #59
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Quote:
Originally posted by Kalile
Whoa. Estel, when I just now really read your character's bio, my entire life flashed before my eyes. Seriously. Only I have friends now, but still, if someone offered me a LOTR world or my life right now it would be a hard desicion...
Yup. The only major thing wrong with that bio is that I'm not really the school outcast.
So, anyhoodles, I would like to be Aragorn very, very much. And Alexandra too, but if you only want me to be one, I'll just be Aragorn. But I'd love to be both. I bow to your superior judgement.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:38 AM   #60
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

sure you can be both! gulio is tel and gimli, i think, and I'm like the entire cast of hobbits! hey dreran, had my first frappy! chocolate malt! yum, *pats tummy*