Eowyn: Hey, WAIT FOR MEEEEEE!!!!!!
Starletta: It's not my fault you're slow. *laughs secretly to herself*
Eowyn: You MEANIE!!!
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 08:29 PM   #42
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: finaly !!

I had been riding with these men for well over half a day when we saw a larger crowd ahead of us, apperantly the whole population was going to Helms deep. we rode up to the main body with shouts of joy on my "captors" part and silent reserve for me; this was it.

Random Rider: Hail lords! we are off to Helms Deep! We caught a prisoner along the way. a spy no doubt! i doubt he understands a word we are saying!

*the whole company jeered and stares at the bound figure across a desert horse*

Seth: actually sir, i can understand you just fine and I am no spy. If i was i wouldnt have riden up to you and surrenderd and subjected my self to be bound and jeered at.

*his accent suddenly sounded ten times more obvious, to him any way the whole group goes silent and a gape, Seth continued*

Seth: I hear that you are all going to this "Helms Deep". I advise you not to, the battle squad i was in was headed there, along with untold thousands of uruks and monsters from that "Isengard".

*the whole group looked shocked and was saying that they shouldnt trust Seth. he was starting to get worried and frustrated when he found this girl on a horse staring at him, to his surprize she held his gaze, unlike her fellows around him, and instead of turning back she laughed and rode forward. To his even greater surprise she addressed him directly*

Aralyn: Sir, what are the likes of you doing in Rohan?

*Seth looked this close to falling off Shabaq! he just stared at first and once Seth found his tounge, he answered her*

Seth: Well, to tell the truth, I was coming over to attack you at first.

Aralyn: *answering evenly* Then why are you coming and trying to help us if you came over to attack us?

Seth: I had no choice in the matter, Lady, It was either that or die at the hands of the witch kings thugs. This war path we were sent on will bring about our certain doom, I realized that and left. Not wanting to fight in the name of evil.

*Seth was completely floored at this girl but she was answering him even, when all the other Westerners were shying way from him*

Aralyn: *smilling* Well then, if what your saying is true we must take you to the king at once!

*A few people tried to stop her but she just pushed right ahead with Seth's horse trotting along happily, once they were away from the greater crowd she spoke to him*

Aralyn: You know, you could take off your bonds now. You dont have to pretend anymore, your safe. What kind of horse is that your riding? *Shabaq whinnys*

Seth:*staring, he does so* So thats what you laughed at! This is an Easterling desert horse of great lineage, my clan used to breed them till we were taken to serve in this acursed war! None of us are safe until this evil is finally stopped.

*with that they went to see the King and Travelers beside him*

OOC2: Someone else write the conversation please! I shall talk in present tense from now on.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 09:53 PM   #43
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
ic:
Aralyn: "I have not yet learned your name"

Seth: "My name is Seth, and yours?"

Aralyn: "Aralyn and over there is my twin brother Deore. I should warn you, before we find Theoden that he and I are not exactly on the best of terms. I'm a bit outspoken for a girl and do nothing to hide it."

Seth: *Laughing*" I can tell. You were the only one to meet my eyes when I was brought over."

*The two ride over to a small group of men who are riding slightly ahead. (That would be, Aragorn, Theoden, Eomer, and Legolas with Gimli, Gandalf has already departed)*

Aralyn: *In a loud voice* "King Theoden, sir a friend who brings news."

Seth:*Slightly suprised whisper* "Friend?"(sp?)

Aralyn: *smiling* "Would you prefer I said enemy?"

Theoden: "Ah the girl I spoke to earlier. What
must I do now?"

Aralyn: "Sir this man wishes to speak with you. A matter of great importance."

ooc: Continue on Seth

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Aralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 11:12 PM   #44
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
ooc: The brother's name is Perrin. O and the horses is Hawk.

ic: "Perrin, I don't wanna stay here. I like that lady, at least SHE knows well see mum again." I wish I hadn't been so mistaken. "Let's go over to her!"
Perrin agrued though, and I ignored him, slipping off the horse and running over. I stoped short when I was another man, who was quite obviously of another land. And I stared. The clothing was so different, the way he talked, even his horse. And I was fasinated, the first time I had seen a human being not from Rohan, and this sparked my intrest greatly. I saw Perrin running the horse over to get me, and when he haled me back on the horse, I had to ask.
"Who is he?"
"An easterling and no one to be near. They'll try to hurt us if they can. Comeon Frieda, you don't wanna make the lady mad at us do you? Let's go back before she notices us."
"No."
"What?"
"I wanna hear what he's saying. He looks so...different. Lead Hawk in closer."
Perrin reluctantly agreed and in a couple of minuets we where practically right behind him.
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 11:55 PM   #45
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Now i have children ogling at me too!!

*Seth was arguing with the king and Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli when he noticed the two children on horse back staring at him*

Seth: But sirs! If you lead these people to Helms Deep they will be slaughtred! I have seen that horde with my own eyes! they are here for one purpose: To break the back of Man! you cant lead these people there!

Aragorn: I agree with the man, if we are caught and the defences breeched the people will be killed off like sheep within a corral!

*Seth looks at the two kids and then at Legolas*

Legolas: Well, we have no where else too go! But, if what Seth says is true no one will survive.

Gimli: Then let the women, children and the old and infirm go then and those that can stay and defend their backs!

*It went on like this for a while and Seth, who had been granted right to move about by some impresive arguing by Aralyn and Legolas (who had actually came to side with him) for him, left the king and Travelers to fight it out amongst themselves now that he had delivered his message rode away he saw Frieda and Perrin looking around*

Frieda: Oh no! where did that East Man go? I wanted to see him and his horse!

Perrin: well, if hes gone then all the better! come on, lets go!

*Seth was right behind them and when Frieda mounted he rode forward*

Seth: What are you two youngsters doing here? shouldnt you be with your parents now?

*Perrin said nothing and stared but Frieda went forward*

Frieda: You have a funny accent and clothes and your horse is different too, why are you here?

Seth:*laughing softly* Are all Western girls so upfront? I am from the east and you may call me Seth, and this is my horse Shabaq, he too is from the desert. who are you may i ask? I am here too help you.

Frieda:*Smiling* oh, I am Frieda and this is my brother Perrin, and Hawk. Nice to meet you! We are going to find our mum at Helms deep!

Seth: Oh no.

Perrin: what?

Seth: oh, nothing for you too worry about.

Perrin: *some what shyly* er, neat horse...

Frieda: can we ride him?

Seth: *Laughing* gladly, Shabaq loves kids, hop on up!

*Aralyn and theoden as well as the travellers just then comes up and sees Seth showing Frieda and Perrin how to ride Eastern*

Legolas:*Smiling* Now there is a sight to behold! an Easterling man giving rides to little ones! surely, if the man is friendly enough for kids to go near him he cant be that bad!

Aralyn:*riding over to Seth* Giving pony rides to kids I see!

Seth: Oh, uh, what!? *he sees the king and others in the back and goes a bit pink* Uh, yeah. well, they've never riden an eastern horse before so i thought I'd let em try!

Perrin: Hey! this horse is fast! this is fun!

*they all smile and shake their heads and move in to helms deep, Seth letting frieda and perrin ride Shabaq, who liked giving the kids a ride. He riding Hawk, beside Aralyn, the King and company*
Old 04-17-2003, 12:10 AM   #46
Fred Baggins

ooc: Ergh, I'm going to make this a bit easier and post Perrin in darkblue.

ic: Shyly I spoke up again. "Um, thanks for letting us ride your horse, but I wanna make sure You will be careful with Ha-" Perrin jabbed me.
"Come on Freida, he's bein' nice enough to let us ride his horse. Don't pester him anymore. He'll take care of Hawk, and Dad'll have his horse back in time."
I glared back at him. "I KNEW that I was going to say somthin' else." Actually I wasn't and clamed up again. And I knew what Perrin was thinking. Better not to get mixed up with strangers, anymore than we where. I personally didn't care about what my brother thought.

"I don't see what's wrong with Helms Deep sir...Perrin doesn't like it either, and Father was worried about having to go there. But if I can find my mum there, what's wrong with it?"
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 04-17-2003, 12:20 AM   #47
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: oh boy!

Seth: Well, lets just say its not safe right now, especially over there!

Frieda: Oh, so we wont find Mum?

Seth: I dont know about that but i do know its not a safe place for people and lets just leave it at that.

Frieda: Oh, are we going to be attacked or something?

Aralyn&Seth:*blank* what?

Frieda:*Realizing she said something she shouldnt of* oh, er, I...we heard yo arguing with the king, so we're gonna die there or what?

Seth: Aralyn! I think there is one girl here that is even more outspoken then you!

Aralyn:*shakes her head* Indeed.

Frieda: whaaat??
Old 04-17-2003, 12:24 AM   #48
Fred Baggins

ooc: YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!

ic: Perrin nuged me again, and I decided to shut up...for once. But not without one last murmer. "Daddy TOLD me to say what I had to before there was no time left." Did I relize then what an emotional impact this would make on me? Not a chance in the world.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 04-17-2003, 12:32 AM   #49
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Do I want to know?!?!
Old 04-17-2003, 12:37 AM   #50
Fred Baggins

OOC: I meant about how outspoken Frieda is...
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 04-17-2003, 12:44 AM   #51
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: now that also makes sense!

Seth:*watching the tired forms of Frieda and perrin cling to Shabaq* Good thing my horse loves kids or these two would have fallen off long ago!

Aralyn: Right, lets ride on either side of them just to make sure!

*they did so and continued on*
Old 04-17-2003, 12:54 AM   #52
Fred Baggins

I nearly laughed out loud. This would have been the perfect chance...if it had not been for Perrin. Instead I tugged on Perrin's sleave, and turned back smiling at him. He started to protest, but I glared. I knew he wouldn't be able to give it up, pranks where in our blood, and this wasn't even a real one. He nodded. Luckly neither of the adults saw us. Shabaq stopped suddenly, and I slipped off the horse, before either had a chance to turn around, and ran back to the woman that had saved us, swinging myself on her horse before she even knew I was there. Just as I got on behind her the other two had turned around, and Shabaq had started again, and easliy caught up with them. Just with Perrin on him though.

"What's your name and why is there a panther following you?" I asked the woman.

ooc: This is kinda a sign that I gotta get off for the night, g'night!
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 04-17-2003, 08:31 AM   #53
Aralyn
FloraAzul

ic:
Aralyn: "It's alright Frieda knows her. Starletta saved her when she fell of Hawk."

Seth: "Did you have any luck with the king?"

Aralyn: *scowling* "Unfortunatetly no. He insists we'll be safer there. With defenses. Your report has only made him more sure of it."

Seth *sigh* "I fear it is a trap for your people"

Aralyn: *angrily* Our king is too bull headed to see anything. Before- well just before he was kind but he seems to sure now.

Seth *astonished* "Do all of you feel this way?

Aralyn *Blushing* "I'm sorry my tongue has taken me too far. I'm angry he refuses to see what will happen-"

*Looking at Perrin she stops in mid-sentence*

"Have you ever been to Helm's Deep, Perrin?"

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 04-17-2003, 12:14 PM   #54
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Ok, I am kinda lost now. I cannot answer for Perrin but I am now with the king an dhis company. I am going to try to say we continue onto the trail to Helms Deep and when we arrive.

ic: WE rode on towards Hems Deep and my father decided to talk to me again but only as a soldier. He told that Helms Deep was to protect us from the enemy. To protect the villagers. I looked back at the many faces of people. Owmen and Childreen and men all who had to leave their homes bringing only what they could carry in their hands and in their carts and on their horses. The sun blazed in the sky then it setted innot a red haze like a phoenix who had flown away and left the silver orb in its place.
I had watched the empty grass fields as people drifted off to sleep. We had come across an Easterling a women who both wanted to puruad our king(their king) to turn around and not go to such a dangerous place.
I agreed with a nod while my father threatend to kill me for my opinions on the matter.
The two children Perrin and Frieda as they were called enjoyed the company of the strangers and their horse. I patted Cliff on the neck and Hanger became jealous.
I wanted to ask the two strangers what they were doing and why they had come so far.(or atleast the man) I heard that he wanted to kill us but knew he could not and now wanted to help us as a cover up. I wanted the truth.
I walked up to the man who had now caught up to the women on his horse. i was riding Cliff and waited for the two to finish whast they were saying before asking my question. I knew my father would kill me for this. Especially since I had packed my cook ware and he thought of that as embarresing(sP)
"I agree with you on going to Hems Deep." I started off.
"I do not agree with alot of what our king says but unfortunatly must follow for my fathers sake. Though I would like to know what you plan on doing? If its not to much a bother"
Old 04-17-2003, 04:28 PM   #55
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Now your getting me confused!

*Seth was riding along with Aralyn when a strang boy came to ride up with them and try to ask what the plan was, Seth wasnt so sure he wanted to Tell so Aralyn stood in for him*

Aralyn: the plan is that we are all going o helms deep to be slaughtered! I cant balieve that...*she was warned by a glance from Seth not to go on*

Meeko: I know, I dont quite care for him either, your safe to talk to me!

*Seth gave an astonished glance and said a prayer for saftey of his new companions in Easterling drawing curious looks from both, they rode on in silence*
Old 04-17-2003, 04:33 PM   #56
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

Quote:
Originally posted by Aralyn
ic:
Aralyn: "I have not yet learned your name"

Seth: "My name is Seth, and yours?"

Aralyn: "Aralyn and over there is my twin brother Deore. I should warn you, before we find Theoden that he and I are not exactly on the best of terms. I'm a bit outspoken for a girl and do nothing to hide it."

Seth: *Laughing*" I can tell. You were the only one to meet my eyes when I was brought over."

*The two ride over to a small group of men who are riding slightly ahead. (That would be, Aragorn, Theoden, Eomer, and Legolas with Gimli, Gandalf has already departed)*

Aralyn: *In a loud voice* "King Theoden, sir a friend who brings news."

Seth:*Slightly suprised whisper* "Friend?"(sp?)

Aralyn: *smiling* "Would you prefer I said enemy?"

Theoden: "Ah the girl I spoke to earlier. What
must I do now?"

Aralyn: "Sir this man wishes to speak with you. A matter of great importance."

ooc: Continue on Seth
Eowyn: Hey Aralyn you meanie!
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 06:27 PM   #57
Fred Baggins

I saw Perrin fall back when the other boy had joined, and I knew he was doubtless glad the subject had been dropped. I frowned as I watched him, hoping for his sake the subject would be dropped for good. He never could stand talking about Helms Deep.
ooc: Eowen, Lubyla is my best friend, and I know her like my sister...come to think of we consider ourselves sisters...anywho, Starletta would never laugh secretly to herself like that especially considering that Starletta is loyal to Eowyn if to no one else. Starletta is just about as sweet as Lubyla, so please don't say things like that unless you know for sure that character would say something like that.
()_))_Crayola_))_>

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 04-17-2003 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:06 PM   #58
Aralyn
FloraAzul

ic:
Aralyn:*Laughing* I believe your name would be in order before I say anything else.

Meeko: "My name is Meeko. My father and I have joined the king to fight, Although for different reasons."

Seth: *suprised* It seems I'm to meet everyone who is against the king."

Aralyn: "Oh no. We just don't agree with his ways. He-"

Meeko:"He seems uncaring. My father would not agree with us."

Aralyn:"My brother Deore would not agree either. He believes in anything the king says and- Oh there it is. Helm's Deep!!"
*quieter* "If I am to die here I should hope that is with a fight rather than hiding."

ooc: tried to stay true to characters. And Eowyn why am I a meanie?

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 04-18-2003, 12:46 AM   #59
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: you are a "meanie" because she has nothing constructive to say, so she says nonsense!

*Seth leaves Aralyn, Meeko, Freida, Perrin and Starletta to themselves and walks up to Legolas and Gimli*

Seth:*saluting* Greetings!

Legolas: Hello Seth, what brings you here?

Seth: I cant stand this place! *motions to the Deep that surrounds them* I feel like I have just been put in a cage!

Gimli:*growling* Nonsense! you are just scared that your old cohorts are going to catch and skin you like the traitor you are!

*Legolas was about to say something when Seth cut in*

Seth:*glaring* Yes, I am. And for your sake and mine I hope to the gods that they dont! Because, take my skin though they will I am sure they would also like to add a handsom Dwarven pelt to their catch too! And an Elf skin and while their at it, and those of women and childern as well!

*Gimli is quiet and says no more, but Legolas takes Seths elbow and leads him to the ramparts where they see Aralyn, Meeko, Freida and Perrin all talking, with Perrin and Freida trying to figure out how to heft Seths Halberd and Semitars*

Legolas: Why are you so nice to those childern down there?

Seth: Because they remind me of my little ones back home, I dont want this to happen to them so I must stop it before it spreads!

*Legolas looks at him and nods, and seth makes his way down to them and show Perrin the right way to hold the Semitar and to Freida the proper grip on the Halberd*
Old 04-18-2003, 01:27 AM   #60
Fred Baggins

I watched Perrin holding the Semitar, and I handed the Halberd back to Mr. Seth, as I watched his gaze ice over at the site of Helms Deep.

"I don't want to come back here." He whispered to me.
"Why?" I whispered back.
"You know why, mum's told you why, that's part of how she taught you to stay away from here." Suddenly he shocked me by speaking out loud so that all within range could here. "This was where the first attack by the orcs was made, years ago when my sister was a babe. The fortress stood against the battle, but I heard to fortelling. I may have been just a few years old, and clinging to my mothers apron still but I heard it, and later mum explained it to me. She said that the fortress would fall. That fire would consume it. I DO NOT want to go there.
()_))_Crayola_))_>