Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2003, 04:54 PM   #41
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Quote:
*I don't know what you mean by wournabilitly. It's not an English word.*
I realized that What I am trying to write is another word for weakness, that this makes him "wornerable" or how you ever spell that word I don't have access to a dictionary at this school, or else I should have looked it up
Old 04-27-2003, 05:25 PM   #42
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Use the Thesaurus .
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 06:45 PM   #43
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Alright Thanks... anyway, I'll be gone for a few days... will catch up as soon as I have time

School is going on a musical tournee I have resposibility for lights! Yeh Gonna burn those sucking artists with my 1000Ws!! Burn burn!

- Falathion
Old 04-27-2003, 07:16 PM   #44
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Good luck with it .
Old 05-02-2003, 09:21 AM   #45
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Thanks Lief What a four days that was! Whoh! Can't believe I survived all those stress factores and drunken metal dudes But it was really fun!!

And a big hail to Eärniel for revealing the word I was looking for Vulnerability yes!! Won't forget that word

-Falathion
Old 05-04-2003, 06:50 PM   #46
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Oh! Spooky Mathron
Old 05-14-2003, 04:06 PM   #47
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I hope everyone is OK with my marker idea. Arat said that about sensing the magic so I thought my idea would follow with his but not really affect the plot if we aren't supposed to get caught yet .

And about 'stealing a staff', I was kind of thinking how P.J. did that where Saruman took Gandalf's staff... And from the way he held it I sort of got the feeling Saruman was actually USING Gandalf's staff as well as his own.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 09:39 AM   #48
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

It was a good move there on the magic thing in my opinion nice move! And about that staff thing, I guess this is more or less a choise left to us. I believe that any wizards staff would be wieldable by any who possess magical skills, perhaps each staff has different strengths and such, so you could get a new staff that would make your magic more powerful or less powerful... that could be interesting I think

Oh, and sorry for being gone all this week. I was done with that school thingy, so was moving home... I won't be able to be as active as I was back then, but shall be here enough to follow everythin don't yeh doubt!

Good thing all has moved at such a slow pace

-Falathion
Old 05-17-2003, 09:59 AM   #49
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I personally don't think it's necessary at all for Elise to get a new staff. Her old staff is still in circulation, and it actually is in good guy hands at the moment. She'll have to do without her strongest magic for a bit, but she'll get it back, I'm sure.

I have no idea whether staffs vary in power, but the movie of FoTR showed that they can be used by more than one individual. Saruman was using both staffs to beat up Gandalf in that one scene, but of course, some don't take the movie as any sort of a good reference .

It's been good that the RPG has been moving slowly for me too; I've barely gotten online at all this week. That's because I'm approaching the climax of Part 2 of my book. Instead of doing two pages a day I'm now doing around two chapters a day, as well as major plot rehaul. So that's what's been clogging up my posting .
Oh yes, Note to Eärniel:
Tareod is failing in his mission. Plotwise, I'd expected him to succeed, but your not posting is causing him to be successfully sidelined away from Vahatres.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 05-17-2003 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-17-2003, 02:20 PM   #50
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

DOH sorry I didn't realize I wasn't with you guys! I got sort of confused about who exactly was where even after reading it a few times. Oh well *blush*
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 05:12 PM   #51
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

It's all right, no sweat. I mean, that cellar where we were putting all the other good guys into storage in was primarily because they weren't posting, though it made sense plotwise too. If you're ready to start posting again, it's great that you're rejoining the place where things are happening.
Old 05-18-2003, 05:02 AM   #52
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lief Erikson
Oh yes, Note to Eärniel:
Tareod is failing in his mission. Plotwise, I'd expected him to succeed, but your not posting is causing him to be successfully sidelined away from Vahatres.
Fne. But it couldn't really be helped, though. The two last week at school were rather hectic and I used the most part of my moot-time I had to read up on threads. I got more time now that I have a study-break. I will post again as soon as I've come up with a way how Tareod can succeed.
Old 05-18-2003, 09:56 AM   #53
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Any excuse is a good one at this point; the goal is to stay as close to Vahatres as he can. Nobody will stop him changing direction and going right back. He's an ambassador, and no one would want to be rude to him. He could stay with Vahatres making ridiculous demands for a financial loan or something. Anything to keep a conversation going, however unlikely the conversation. His goal is to save Vahatres' life, and if it's necessary to be rude to do that, he can be rude.
Old 05-18-2003, 05:00 PM   #54
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Interesting to see the company members panic . There's obviously no way they're going to hide or escape- they're stuck, as far as I can see.

That means they'll have to be rescued, and soon. Eärniel, do you mind posting soon to have Tareod get back to them? It's the only way a good solution can come out of this, and he doesn't have to do anything but protect Vahatres. Imarwyn might be hanging around here too, and if so, she might have their weapons in a sack or something.

Athalt can deliver the rescue after everything builds to a crescendo.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:09 AM   #55
Earniel

There, I posted. Sorry to have kept you waiting.

I'm a little puzzled how Imarwyn could know Dolais. She wasn't with Hruad's group when they met Dolais and entered the citadel with his help. I don't remember her seeing him before this moment. Did I miss it?
Old 05-20-2003, 11:18 AM   #56
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

No, I believe you are correct in that Eärniel, Imarwyn didn't see Dolais before...

So... Glimdrell might still be out there Hmm...
Old 05-20-2003, 06:00 PM   #57
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

They were both running around on their own, so I just decided to link them together in order to accomplish this end of unblocking one of the doors.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:05 PM   #58
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Heh I like your style of letting players decide what will happen next and so change the story, it is really nice Lief Right now though, I am somewhat dazed. Ehm, would Glimdrell run into Dolais and Imarwyn and Glistenfae? Or... ??
Old 05-31-2003, 05:46 PM   #59
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I was not informed of a new rpg or part 2 of Hytoarx. I guess I never had time to look with hm.
Please inform me of what is happening so far. I would like to come back. If that is ok with yall?
Though it will take awhile for me to catch up. Unless you don't want me back then I shall leave.
Old 05-31-2003, 06:23 PM   #60
Earniel

Nice post Lief, though I would like to point out a tiny detail that Imarwyn still had her knives and prefers them above a sword. So she wouldn't have picked one up from the ground.

Sorry to have left you out of the loop, Sicirus. I thought we had said in the discussionthread from the first Hytorax-RPG that there would be a second one. I guess it wasn't made clear enough when. Sorry again and please stay.