Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2003, 11:46 PM   #1
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

The Tolkien Fan: male or female

I used to always think that the "normal" Tolkien fan was a male of better then average intelligence between maybe 14-24 and who is into stuff like role playing games and ren fests and things along those themes. I guess I thought this because this described me and the only other people I knew who were into Tolkien when i was young. But in the past few years and on this message board it seems like there are more females then males. And my picture of the average Tolkien fan is now becoming a quiet bookish girl who likes horses and nature and is passionate about her Tolkien books. And the age range seems to be 13-aging hippie. So am I just over generalizing here or are there really significantly more pure Tolkien fans that are female then male now?

Note: Im talking about Tolkiens work meaning the books. Not just the movies. That would be Jacksons work. Important distinction.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote