Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-18-2003, 06:38 PM   #41
Elf Girl
Lurker

*groan* Hush. You know perfectly well what I meant.

*coughstillnowingscough*
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 08:00 PM   #42
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
*groan* Hush. You know perfectly well what I meant.

*coughstillnowingscough*
/me trips Elf Girl and chimes in, but coughs first *coughsayyestowingscough*
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 08:10 PM   #43
Elf Girl
Lurker

*coughyousaynotowings*
Old 01-18-2003, 08:33 PM   #44
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

*coughfreebeerforsayingyestowingscough*
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-18-2003, 08:36 PM   #45
Elf Girl
Lurker

*coughidon'tdrinkcough*
Old 01-18-2003, 09:19 PM   #46
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Uh. Guys. Glorfindel?
Old 01-18-2003, 09:26 PM   #47
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Uh. Guys. Glorfindel?
Oh yes, lol, thanks BoP

Glorfindel kicks major butt!

--Linaewen
Old 01-18-2003, 09:35 PM   #48
Elf Girl
Lurker

Glorfindel? Who's he? Now about those Balrogs...

*cough* As I was saying, Glorfindel was NOT having an affair with Arwen. He would NEVER be that unfaithful to ME.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:29 PM   #49
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

You know, I kinda wish there were two Glorfindels. Then Elf Girl and me could share them.Mine!
*coughnowings!!!iftheyhadwings,howcometheyfalldown abysses?cough*

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 10:41 PM   #50
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanelf
You know, I kinda wish there were two Glorfindels. Then Elf Girl and me could share them.Mine!
*coughnowings!!!iftheyhadwings,howcometheyfalldown abysses?cough*
*coughbecausetheyweren'tusedformanyagescough*

--Linaewen
Old 01-18-2003, 10:47 PM   #51
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

*coughthey'remeanttobeMaiar!areyoutellingmetheygot stiffandtired???cough*

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 10:51 PM   #52
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

You know what? This thread is getting to be very spammy. STOP IT!

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 10:54 PM   #53
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
You know what? This thread is getting to be very spammy. STOP IT!
Sorry We will get it back on topic...

I love you SGH

--Linaewen
Old 01-18-2003, 11:05 PM   #54
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Sorry We will get it back on topic...

I love you SGH
Really? Well aren't you sweet? Even if you didn't mean it, it made me feel good.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 01-19-2003, 09:11 AM   #55
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanelf
Yeah, but one of them died, and there would have to be one for Willow. Mine!
Old 01-19-2003, 12:37 PM   #56
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Finding out that the Glorfindel of Gondolin and the one of Rivendell were the same person was quite exciting for me. Glorfindel of Rivendell was one of my favourite elves, and he gets even more interesting with the knowledge that he really was in Gondolin, and that it was no other elf with the same name.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 07:23 PM   #57
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Having them be the same person does make the character more interesting, course, it was partially the confusion caused by not knowing why, if he died in the first age, was he living in Rivindell during the third age, that made me fall in love with the character. And thank you Elf Girl for remembering that he's at least partially mine.

:cough:theydotohavewings:cough:
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 01-22-2003 at 07:24 PM.
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 08:26 PM   #58
Elf Girl
Lurker

Oh no hes not, he's all mine! And he told me he killed the balrog.

*coughproveitcough*
Old 01-22-2003, 08:33 PM   #59
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Don't start this spamming again, or this thread will be closed.

Travel and Tourism Guide