Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 09:50 PM   #41
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
Awartha sighs "O, Galu you stinker! When will you ever learn?" The puppy barked again, then the bark turned into a growl. "Galu, what is wrong? I would know if there was danger, so what trpubles you?" The puppy turned to her, with a look that should have been hard to read. "O, Galu stop playing tricks on me!" The puppy 'smiled' and jumped out of her arms and onto the ground. "Galu! We have to go! ARGH!" She climbs off the horse and starts chasing after the pup, then runs into someone. "I'm sorry," she quickly apologizes, then looks up, and shrinks from the person...or rather the dryad. "I-I'm terribly sorry sir, I did not mean to, I really didn't!" Her apologies are quick and full of fear. The others turn to look at her and the Dryad. The fear passes through them to, though it was greatest in the mind of Awartha, for she knew who he was. "I'm terribly sorry m'lord. I did not mean to."

At last the dryad spoke. "Awartha, your comming has been long awaited. What has taken you so long?"

"O, o I'm terribly sorry, but I have been on urgent buisness, you see I was in another deminsion of Middle-Earth, and I just got out a few days ago, and was wraping things up. I traveled my quickest Lord, but my horse is so young, and carefree, that he does not seem to want to go at any other pace than what he wants, and I am so new with horses m'lord that-"

"That's quite enough. You could talk my ear off if I let you talk anymore. Who are they? And please, keep it breif." He spoke the word "they" as though it was a cuss word.

"Friends of mine Lord." The puppy yipped, and the dryad laughed, bending down to pick it up. As he bends, you notice how entlike he is.

"Galu, still causing trouble I see? Awartha, what will you do with this puppy?"

"O, I don't know Lord." She laughs a little. "It is true about him causeing trouble, for he will not be quiet!"
Old 12-14-2002, 11:36 PM   #42
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Terwell and I tried to leave for the meeting of foxes, but again Losillewen said gently,

<Wait, Calien.>

I stopped.

<Is something wrong?>
Old 12-15-2002, 01:41 PM   #43
Lubyla
Princess Lubyla Greenleaf of the Stars

Location: Sitting in a quiet forest, looking at the darkness and the stars...
I heard of her troubles with the horse, and laughed, a bit of a musical laugh that rang out all about, as I fell off my horse, and everyone staired at me. Yes I remember that horse. One of the five most difficult to train of mine anyway. It was then I recagnised her, but did not move, for fear of the Dryad.

``````````````````````````````
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter
`````````````````````````````
Old 12-15-2002, 04:58 PM   #44
Fred Baggins

The dryad turned to the others.

"What are your names, speack or risk death. For you are on Dryad land, perhaps unintentialy(sp) but that lables you as potential spies anyway."

Awartha wanted to object, but he was her ruler.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:42 PM   #45
Lubyla

*studders* I...I'm Starletta of the Rain.

Old 12-16-2002, 09:12 PM   #46
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

I motioned Calien to wait and I told her to come to my side. I then rode back to the others and I showed her the Dryad. the Dryad then turned to us and asked us our names. I answered: "I am Ilye, this is my friend, Menelwe. Who are you?" I mind messaged to Calien: <Please let me do the talking, this is a strange being. I have met his kind before, most of them are not too trust worthy.>
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Old 12-16-2002, 09:44 PM   #47
Fred Baggins

"I am the keeper of the dryad lands..a king of sorts. And you are tresspassing on my land." (I don't know a name for him yet)
*The puppy yipped again, now cuddled in the dryads arms. The dryads face darkened and he looked back at 'Ilye'*
"Why do you not trust us Iley? Don't deny it, your eyes have given you away already."
Old 12-16-2002, 09:46 PM   #48
Lubyla

I am sorry for comming onto your lands. I am on my way out.

Old 12-16-2002, 09:54 PM   #49
Fred Baggins

"No, Starletta, stay. Please, he didn't mean it." glares at dryad "He's just trying to be intimidating. Of course there's no doubt he could rip all of us limb from limb, and if you just look at him, then you're sure he could. Truth is he wouldn't hurt a fly...m'lord..." *smiles apologeticly at him*
Old 12-16-2002, 09:56 PM   #50
Lubyla

No, I truely was on my way.

Old 12-16-2002, 10:07 PM   #51
Fred Baggins

"O, all right."

*glares at her and sets the puppy down* 'Perhaps you shouldn't come back this year Awartha."

What do you mean! I always come back! It's tradition!

'Our forest is being cut down, mo-mother's tree has been killed."

"Mum's tree...what, but how! HOW COULD THEY DO THAT! MIRKWOOD ELVES! A CURESED BRED OF ELVES! I CURSE THEM! I CURSE-"

"Awartha! Don't talk like that! The elves...it wasn't just them, though they had some part in it, but mostly it was the doings of men."

*Cries*
Old 12-16-2002, 10:09 PM   #52
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

I smiled at the Dryads reply. if he had truly read my eyes, then he would now know my real name, and my nature in coming here. I then said to him: "I tresspass on no ones land, and I trust no one when I first see them, even when I first see elves do I trust them. "
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Old 12-16-2002, 10:18 PM   #53
Fred Baggins

"I see..." (Yip! Yip!) "...Losillewin" (Yip, yippety, yip, Grralien) *Thinks* ~Grralien...o, Calien!~
Old 12-16-2002, 11:14 PM   #54
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

at the mention of my real name I turned my self and Calien invisible. I said to her: <there are few who know of your real name. I do not trust this Dryad, now more than ever. Go back to Terwell, I will come soon.> she nodded and left. I then became visible, and I said: "Who are you?"
Old 12-17-2002, 12:07 AM   #55
Fred Baggins

~Um...Am I doing bad Awartha?~

*shakes head* ~That would be affirmative.~ "Losillewin, he is a friend of mine. We call him Onodrim back home. He's just doing his job, and that whole knowing you real name, was a little mind...reading..type..thing...trick thanks to Galu. If you followed any of that. You know what, never mind, let's just go m'lord. I just wanna go home." *Turns toward the forest, leaving all behind, but the dryad, who is still carring the puppy.*

~Flashback~

"Some leader Onodrim will be! Can't even beat me wrestling!"
"I let you win! I wouldn't try to hurt an elf!"
"O, shut up Ono, stop with the elf cracks!"
"Well you are!"
"And your point would be..."
"Nevermind, just leave it at that I don't want to hurt you."
"Riiight..."

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 12-17-2002 at 12:10 AM.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:53 AM   #56
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

I turned and sped off in the direction of Calien and the others. I came upon her and I said: <Calien, stay away from that Dryad. I--" I was cut short. It had begun again. I silently asked Calien: "Calien, " she nodded, for she knew what had to be done. But the strange thing was that I posponed to touch her. My eyes slowly turned a black, and I knew that I must do it soon or it would be too late, but I still waited, it was as if I knew that something would happen if I touched her too soon.
Old 12-17-2002, 01:08 PM   #57
Silverstripe

I started getting worried -- if Losillewen didn't do something soon, she'd die! Why wasn't she taking my energy? I had, after all, given her permission to do that!

I hesitated a moment, then reached up and grabbed Losillewen's hand, bracing myself for the pain I knew would come.

ooc: Ooo, ooo, I know what should happen! Ms. Undomial, I'm going to PM you with more info, okay!
Old 12-17-2002, 01:32 PM   #58
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

ooc: Interesting..... do you want me to "write" or do you want to?
Old 12-17-2002, 01:37 PM   #59
Silverstripe

ooc: Tag! You're it. (sorry, I couldn't resist...)
Old 12-17-2002, 01:47 PM   #60
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

ooc: LOL!

ic: Calien hesitated for a moment, and then she reached up and touched my hand. she fell to the ground in pain, I dismounted and knelt beside her. I looked at her strangely, for there seemed to be more pain in her face then usual. "Calien," I said "Calien what is wrong?" it was as if she did not hear me, for her face was still wrenched in pain. I looked into her mind and I found out what was wrong. "Oh dear Eru, not now, please not now." I muttered. but to my dismay it was true. "Kaima, Calien." the pain ceased and she fell into a uneasy sleep.
Closed Thread