Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 11:42 AM   #41
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Erm... donating your personal fortune to me....
Old 04-13-2002, 11:48 AM   #42
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Erm... donating your personal fortune to me....
Sure no problem. My net worth is about negative U.S. $150,000.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Old 04-13-2002, 12:02 PM   #43
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

see, we love the moot so much that we are insane about being banned.
see see! see!?

mmmm toast and coffee
Old 04-13-2002, 12:23 PM   #44
Rosie-Lass
Elven Warrior

I don't mean to offend anybody.

Can I just say something?
Well I will anyway. Ok. Although I have no bones to pick with any of you personally and you seem like nice people to me, the people who have made these threads saying that you are leaving are making yourself out to be hypocrites. By posting three and a half minutes after you have 'left' that you really love the Moot and are staying, you are contradicting yourself and I don't see the point in doing this. If you are leaving, just leave. Don't even tell anyone and go, so you wont look silly if you come back. People just fade from memory if they don't say anything and other people are pleasantly surprised when you come back, but if you make a big hoo-ha about leaving then you WILL make yourelves look somewhat silly by coming back straightaway.
These thoughts may be echoed by others and there is a post on another thread saying similar things, but I can't remember where it is. In saying this, I am agreeing completely with Strawberry's rant.

If you can't cry for the world you are not thinking about the world enough, LT.

I thought I'd better put a disclaimer on this:
My thoughts were not directed at anybody in particular and they do not represent the thoughts of the Moot in general. I'm sorry if I offended anybody, I didn't mean it that way. I like everybody on the Moot (even the ones I havent met/spoken to) and I just wanted to say that this is a way of leaving that leaves yourself open to criticism, nothing else.
~Rosie~
Old 04-13-2002, 02:13 PM   #45
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Yes, see the posts in the closed 'leaving' thread in GM.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
Old 04-13-2002, 10:25 PM   #46
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
To all the people who said they're glad to have me back:
Well, I'm sure you meant well by it . . . thank you.
But: Ha! There's a good one. I didn't see you sad to see me go, so why do you care if I'm "back?" I was never really gone, you know. I said I might be back, I just couldn't take it for a while.
A while isn't a set time limit, darnit! What did yall want me to do, stay away for another week?
Look, here I go again . . . I really shouldn't be on Entmoot right now at this rate. My God, what's the matter with me?? Why can't I be normal anymore?

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Old 04-13-2002, 10:28 PM   #47
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Quote:
Although I have no bones to pick with any of you personally and you seem like nice people to me, the people who have made these threads saying that you are leaving are making yourself out to be hypocrites. By posting three and a half minutes after you have 'left' that you really love the Moot and are staying, you are contradicting yourself and I don't see the point in doing this. If you are leaving, just leave. Don't even tell anyone and go, so you wont look silly if you come back
i never said i was leaving permanatly.
and it was a whole day.

i got on my friends computer after her party the night before. i had stayed up thrugh till dawn and was thinking of making some coffee when the thought came in my head to go on the moot. well then i rememberd all the *stuff* that went down, and after thinking for about thrity more minutes and one pot of coffee ( it was a small pot) i cam e to the conclusion that i really didn't care anymore about that kind of stuff. or that i had at least cooled off enough to come back and not be a *jerk*.
plus i was bored since the whole house was asleep and the hot tub was only at 100 then.
so i got online and there i was this morning.

boy, that was BORING. what did it even have to do with anything anyways??
iforogt the point of this.
hmm

well one more state ment,
if anyone had read my posts earlier (in this thread) about the time when i came back, i told everyone that it wasn't just tater or CBG the pissed me off, it had been building, and other effects ( even besides the bad day) had added to it, and that just was the straw that broke the camels back, and i had to get away. i had to forget evything for a while, so i did. and now i feel refreashed and a lot better.

so when you raelly look at it, i took out a bunch of **** on you guys that i prolly shouldn't have and i got frustrated with CBG over something silly, and i just had enough for the moment.

i am all better now. im sorry for being so harsh. it was only about 45% you guys and 55% the rest of the world. ( which i am dissapointed in, but i do not cry for. i know whats going on, and yes it's bad, but to i rally have to walk around depresses all the time or it, no)

sorry about the spelling i am the laziest mooter this side of detroit river.
Old 04-13-2002, 11:03 PM   #48
Darth Tater
The man

It's high time I close this pointless excuse for a thread. Yeah, leaving for one day is REALLY something we all needed to hear about!
Closed Thread