Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 12:10 PM   #41
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

As Kyote Fields said, people here generally crowd around saplings and welcome them and tell them that the everyone here is weird. So here goes:

Welcome Laura49! Enjoy your weirdness here because some of us are not only weird, we're nuts too.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 03-20-2002, 12:22 PM   #42
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

W E L C O M E laura
Old 03-21-2002, 02:26 AM   #43
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Quote:
I was homeschooled for 8 years
I can top you, Renille. I first entered school 2 1/2 years ago, when I enrolled at my local community college.

Let's hear it for homeschooling!!! Are there any more homeschoolers here? Maybe I should add this quote to my sig:
Never let schooling interfere with your education~~Mark Twain
Old 03-21-2002, 03:30 AM   #44
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

More reasons why I am wierd: (what fun! )
~Sometimes I find my notes from humanities (history and english combined) from past years and read them just for fun (just a specific example of how I happen to love history)
~I always hang up my new calender around mid-March
~I have a big plaster dragon egg on my file cabinet.
~I collect odd things like weapons and masks
~I am a birdwatcher (some people find this to be really strange. I dunno why. . .)
~I play computer games like Warcraft, Lords of Magic and Diablo and Diablo II (this is not usually wierd, but I am a girl, and I don't know many other girls who play these games)
~I used to sit on the garage roof whenever I was bored. I can't get up there now, because the tree I used to access it is dying

Well, that's all I've got for now.
Oh, and welcome, Laura! We are all very wierd here, except for those of us who are nuts!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-21-2002, 03:36 AM   #45
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I'm not sure if the educational system in my country formally allows for homeschooling. There are, however, many families who put their kids to work with them. I know it's outrageous and we have laws against this but they're poor and the law is very difficult to enforce. The poorer families also have more children.

back to topic:
~I like eating instant noodles without cooking them when there's no hot water. They're crunchy and just as flavorful.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Old 03-21-2002, 03:41 AM   #46
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn

back to topic:
~I like eating instant noodles without cooking them when there's no hot water. They're crunchy and just as flavorful.
I do that! They're good that way!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-21-2002, 04:06 AM   #47
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I forgot to mention that on rainy days, I like to mix a can of pork&beans with a can of corned beef and eat the mixture with rice. It tastes good, though.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...

Last edited by Arathorn : 03-21-2002 at 04:07 AM.
Old 03-21-2002, 08:21 AM   #48
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow

I can top you, Renille. I first entered school 2 1/2 years ago, when I enrolled at my local community college.

Let's hear it for homeschooling!!! Are there any more homeschoolers here? Maybe I should add this quote to my sig:
Never let schooling interfere with your education~~Mark Twain
For 5 Years! WOOOHOOOO, but then my mom and I started not getting along so I went to school...
I love that Twain quote.
Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf

I do that! They're good that way!
Ditto!
Old 03-21-2002, 12:01 PM   #49
Laura49
Hobbit

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

-I eat raw pasta. I especially like the pasta shells. Whenever I eat them all my friends look at me wierd because they make such a loud noise when you're chrunching on them!
-I play with the Teddy Grams (you know the little things shaped liked teddy's that you used to eat way back when). I still eat them!! But before I do, I bit off there legs, arms, ears, body, head. I'm so mean to them!

That's all for now.
Old 03-21-2002, 12:50 PM   #50
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

I do that with gummy bears and I, in a falsetto, make them cry out for mercy!!!
NO NO not my legs AUGHHHHH!!!
Oh!! Don't eat my arms OHHHH!!!!
Not my head!!! MMMmmmmmmm!!!!

yum. who's next?
Old 03-21-2002, 01:20 PM   #51
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

I usually bite the heads off first. Do it to two or three at once, and then make them run around and bump into each other.
Old 03-21-2002, 01:29 PM   #52
Brimvalir
Elven Warrior

Wierdness

1. I like making Sardine Sandwiches.
2. I talk to my cat like he can really understand me.
3. I have a bachelors but am happier with my low paying job because I cant stand responsibility
4. I listen to 1940's big band occasionally
5. I'm middle aged but still get excited by new playstation games :P
6 I miss snow
etc......etc..........

All that is gold does not glitter nor are all those who wander lost......
Old 03-21-2002, 02:39 PM   #53
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I tend to analyse all of my actions and thoughtpatterns.

I talk to myself, usually to point out that again, I was too hasty or a total idiot

I'm a huge fan of science-fiction and fantasy, which seems to be VERY unusual for a girl around here

I don't judge every boy I see on the possible-boyfriend-scale which most of the girls in highschool found highly unusual if not total geeky

I don't go out much and I'm not that fond of parties and loud music
Old 03-21-2002, 02:56 PM   #54
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I've BEEN homeschooled ever since I was in first Grade. Went to Kindergarten but after Mum and Dad decided it was the biblical thing to homeschool instead of PS they pulled me out.

I went to this youth retreat once where this girl(Get this her last anem was Wood.) pretended the sausages and pancakes moved and talked and stuff. She picked up a sausage and said"Help me help me. DOnt let her eat ME!" And we both pretended the butter was walking off the plate. IT WAS!I mean It was some sort of horrible scientific experiment that went kablooey. It was GROSS!

~If I do something that annoys someone I dont know I do it again...just to annoy that person again.
~I make skits for when my relatives come up for Thankgiving.
~I walk outside barefoot in the middle of winter.
~I eat live ants.(I ate a dead grasshopper once. YUK)
~I disected a frog and a fish once.
~I go swimming in the "Brandywine"
~I talk in English accents or Scottish accents depending on what my mood is.
~I memorize Bible Verses just for the heck of it(actually I go to a club)
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 03-21-2002, 03:06 PM   #55
Elvet
Elven Warrior

In the real world I'm weird because I'm Tolkien obsessed. My peers, colleagues, and spouse are at loose ends about my passion for any thing Middle-earth. That's why I came to Entmoot, so I could relate to other Tolkein obsessed people.
On the Entmoot board, I think I'm weird because I'm a generation away from most of the posters. I'm a successful professional in a stable relationship and I am thoroughly satisfied with my present situation. That, of course, makes me very boring - unlike most of the contributors that use this forum.
Old 03-21-2002, 03:07 PM   #56
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

I probably shouldnt print this in case your stalkers or something but my last nem is Woodfield. So I plan to tell every one that my maiden name was Field and when i married Elijah wood i wanted to keep both names so it was transformes into Woodfield!!!

I always thought my name had an elvish feel to it....

for all you pippin's out there.
Old 03-21-2002, 03:31 PM   #57
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

I'm finding two distinct types of weird people here -
1) Funny weird and
2) Scary weird.
Thing is most people are proud to be in the latter of the two. Odd that.

Alot of people are homeschooled that have posted here. Seems they all seem to find that as one of their weird traits. I should probably start another thread about this but I was wondering what y'all thought about the experience of home schooling and would you do it to your kids?

One more weird story from me:
When I was stationed in England I had to leave the base for easter weekend. So I planned, along with three other American guys, to go and see Paris since we were so close. Being Americans we didn't need Visas to travel within Europe so the plan was a go. We pulled all the money we had together, but only had enough for the boat trip over the channell and the train trip from Calais(sp?) to Paris. After that we were broke. So I took my guitar and we played on the streets of Paris for money. We slept out under the Eiffel Tower and with the other homeless communities as they camped over the subway vents. We almost got arrested twice; not speaking any French at all at that time it was hard to say, "I didn't do it." We were able to buy a few bagettes and a block of cheese, which was all we had. And by the end of the weekend we earned enough to buy the train and boat trips back. All in all it is my favorite memory.

Ok ok one more, but that's it:
Same four guys as above spent the nite in London (we enjoyed being homeless. What can I say?) The next morining we were hungry but broke. So we went to Westminster bridge (for those who don't know, it's right in front of Big Ben) and we sang songs. I didn't have my guitar so we had to resort to "London Bridge is falling down" and various Beatle songs. As we did not get much respose, we stopped people and asked if we could take our picture with them......with thier cameras. Many people let us. Then, as soon as Big Ben started tolling off the hour, we would ask people what time it was. Without fail, everyone looked at their wrist watches, being completly oblivious of the huge famous clock in front of them. "Oh it's 10 o'clock." "Bong, Bong.." We finally made enough to get some fries at McDo.
Old 03-22-2002, 11:08 AM   #58
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

Wow! Interesting. I like my dad's story best though.

He was in italy or somewhere and him and his friends booked onto the hydrofoil. When they boarded they had to give in their passports, but it turned out that the hydrofoil had been overbooked so they were told to get off. The unfair thing was that the people wouldnt give them their passports back without money and my dad couldnt get and money without his passport for id. So the police arrested them for not paying and they spent the night in jail. Now the female of the group got up and walked up to the police officers and 'distracted' him enough so the others could get a bit neare to the door. As soon as they were close enough, thye grabbed their pasports and made a run for it straight out the police station and stowed away on a russian hydrofoil!!!

for all you pippin's out there.
Old 03-22-2002, 02:14 PM   #59
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Sometimes, when I'm walking outside at night, I start acting very orcish.
Old 03-22-2002, 03:31 PM   #60
Eruviel Greenleaf

When I'm walking around outside at night, I recite elvish poetry and look at the stars

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Closed Thread