FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-27-2002, 03:06 AM   #41
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by silmälasi
no .
I think that's a first. . .

I just found out the times for Friday, so I'm really excited. I'm gonna see it again! Hooray! THis will be #7. That certainly managed to cheer me up after seeing 'Cries and Whispers.' (Ingmar Bergman) Great film, don't see it if you don't want to feel horribly depressed afterward. . .

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 11:36 AM   #42
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Arwen Undomiel

*In whiney voice* I wanna seeee it!!!!!! *recovers* I'm okay...I'm ooo-kay...

Seriously though, I would see it tonight if it weren't for the fact that my parents are such party poopers and won't see it more than once. If I do get to see it again sometime soon it will only be my third time and my best friend has already seen it 5 times!!!!!! Aaaah!! We'll see it, precioussssss, we will, we will if we can find a way, we willl!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."

Last edited by galadriel88 : 03-29-2002 at 12:58 PM.
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 01:08 PM   #43
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

I'm goin'....I'm goin'....I'm goin' goin' goin'.......

Finally, to see the trailer of The Two Towers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way too cool on viewing #10.....
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 02:09 PM   #44
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Please send me a pm about it (plus your thoughts -- anyone who cares ). I won't be able to see it til easter because I have to finish a module of a project.

Thanks!

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 03:51 PM   #45
Eruviel Greenleaf

I'm going to see it today!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited, I dunno how I'm going to get through calculus 'cause I'm thinking about the possibility of seeing ents. . .

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-29-2002, 05:17 PM   #46
Pailan
Elven Warrior

TONIGHT @ 8:30! Wooo Doggie!

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 05:51 PM   #47
Glîm Iceholder
Hobbit

Quote:
I'm going to see it today!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited, I dunno how I'm going to get through calculus 'cause I'm thinking about the possibility of seeing ents. . .
You do quickly get a shot Treebeards head, it was very good. And gives you shots of a lot of different scenes.

Last edited by Glîm Iceholder : 03-29-2002 at 06:08 PM.
Glîm Iceholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 09:47 PM   #48
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I didn't like the movie THAT much when it came out: now you're telling me I have to go see it again to see the trailer? Dang. I think I'll wait til it's posted on the Net somewhere.
Old 03-29-2002, 10:48 PM   #49
TinuvielChild
Padawan

seen it 4 times, the only reason i'm not at the theater right now is because i forgot the trailer was added today! i'm DEFINITELY going to see it either tomorrow or next friday!!! and then trick my mom into coming (and paying for us!), then my dad (he'lll pay, oh yes), and then go see it again with a friend, then with another friend, then with a whole group of friends to make 9 viewings!!!

right now i am listening to that holiest of CDs, the Lord of the Rings Soundtrack!!! for the 2nd time (i only got it tonight). well actually the 6th time, if you count in the movie theaters.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 10:48 PM   #50
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
I didn't like the movie THAT much when it came out: now you're telling me I have to go see it again to see the trailer? Dang
Sacrilege!!!!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 03-30-2002, 12:50 AM   #51
Eruviel Greenleaf

*jumps up and down crazily, squealing with delight*

I saw it! I saw it!!!!!!!! It's incredible!!!!!!!!! I've been insanely over-excited for the last hour or so. . .I just got home from the theatre, I think I'm going to die waiting for the actual movie. . .

*must calm down. . .nah. Why bother?*
Okay, I'm (relatively) calm now. It's great, you get a glimpse of Treebeard's face. . .

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-30-2002, 12:57 AM   #52
Vardasoroniel
Enting

Strider

saw it for the magical 9th time today!!!

i was completely and utterly blown away by the trailer for the TT. i sucked my breath in so hard at the opening scene i'm surpised i didn't faint dead away (but how could i miss even one exquisite moment of this teaser!).

the last scene with gollum hovering over sam and frodo was done well - i had been afraid that gollum would somehow be a cheesy characterization.

am very much looking forward to the battle of helm's deep.

& the white rider and shadowfax -- how inutterably gorgeous!

it will be a long freakin' time til december rolls around!!!!
Old 03-30-2002, 01:12 AM   #53
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by TinuvielChild

Sacrilege!!!!
You probably shouldn't hear my views about how generic the soundtrack is then .... except for 'May it be' of course!
Old 03-30-2002, 02:50 AM   #54
Entlover
Elven Warrior

Sounds like I have to go see it again. . .
My new quandary: the Special Extended Edition of FotR will be released nov. 12, but now theyre saying it will probably be rated R (adults only, for you guys in far away places). It will have 30 min of footage made just for the DVD release, which probably means 30 min of hacking off Orc's heads and other obscenities similar to the Patriot's blood and gore.
It's a shame because it's a great movie for children, I wish they'd leave out the gruesome stuff. I'll probably just get the August issue. They're also putting out a set of bookends with the Special Special Edition: I can see them saying it:"These guys will buy anything with LotR on it, let's sell 'em the kitchen sink."
Actually I'd love to get copies of the mugs they used in Bag End.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 03:16 AM   #55
Eruviel Greenleaf

I'm going to have to get the extended Nov. release DVD--I want to see the 'gift-giving scene!' and all that other character development they said they were adding. . .but now I'm getting way off topic, seeing as there's a thread devoted to DVD news! But. . .I want to see it yet again! I have to see the trailer again! And I notice new stuff every time I see FotR, so that's good. I've now seen it 7 times.

Hey! Another Seattleite!

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-30-2002, 09:15 AM   #56
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I'm sticking with my original plan of getting the august DVD what with all the goodies they're saying will be there.

When the november release comes, I'll be deciding whether or not to re-sell the august version. I'll probably sell it half price (cost of enjoying it for 3 months ).

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Old 03-30-2002, 02:50 PM   #57
Eruviel Greenleaf

I'm hoping that I'll be able to rent the Aug. release, so I can see all the good stuff they're putting on it, then buy the Nov. one. But if not, I'll just hope that I get a well-paying job this summer. . .

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-30-2002, 08:08 PM   #58
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Ooooh la....*faints from overdose of rapture*
THE TEASER WAS BRILLIANT! SIMPLY BRILLIANT! Gorgeous...pictures of Helm's Deep (awesome, lots of fighters standing around in pouring rain), and...wait...okay, it starts with Aragorn picking up Pippin's brooch, and there's pics of the three hunters running across the plains, and lots of Edoras, which is so awesome, and Eowyn (Miranda Otto is just perfect) and Theoden, and Grima is absolutely creepy...and then the ending shot of Gollum creeping toward the hobbits ("we wants it!") and BANG, and NOOOO it can't end there! *sob*
I think Gollum pretty much summed it up for me (and it was so worth seeing LOTR again, I love it anyway!):
WE WANTS IT!
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 08:20 PM   #59
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Get a hold of yourself Tano. I see you fainting all over the moot. I'd hate to see what happens to you on Dec 18th.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...

Last edited by Arathorn : 03-30-2002 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-30-2002, 08:41 PM   #60
TinuvielChild
Padawan

ohhhh, now i really have to go see it at least 3 more times!! just for the trailer! (well also for the movie, duh! ) and BeardofPants, don't you dare insult the soundtrack!!! i am listening to that holiest of CDs at this very moment, and if you DARE to insult it one more time, you may find the tip of an elven arrow in front of your face!!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!