Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-13-2002, 09:13 AM   #41
anduin
Entwife

Name: anduin
Hair Color: reddish brosn
Height: 5'5"
Occupation: stitcher for Stage One (professional theatre for young audiences)
Significant Other: Mike
Kids: Nope
Bros/Sis': 2 sis/1 bro
Pets: Sydney(cat), Simon(cat), Baby(cat), Bennie(dog)
Sports Team: Steelers
Sports Played: soccer
Longest Relationship: going on 8 years
Shortest Relationship: 2 weeks
Best Friend: not including my hubby....Sonya
Favorite Online Person: Darth Tater
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Favorite Singer (Male Or Female): Matthew Sweet
Favorite Song: currently "Concerning Hobbits"
Hobbies: Internet, sewing, restoring our 71 Karmann Ghia
One Celebrity You Wish You Could Marry: already married
Favorite T.V. Show: Trading Spaces
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 05:19 PM   #42
Celebwen
Hobbit

Location: somewhere, over the rainbow, preferribly in Middle-Earth......
all about.....ME!

Name: Christi P./ LotR-Celebwen (and in some places aka lotr_grrl)
Hair Color: brown
Height: 5'2
Occupation: student by day, Ent by afternoon, bookworm by night
Significant Other:.......heh, no!!!
Kids: nope
Bros/Sis': 1 sis, 1 bro
Pets: a 5 yr. cat Selmie and a 13 m. kitten Lola
Sports Team: don't have one!
Sports Played: volleyball, basketball, track ((and marching band-not really a sport, though!))
Longest Relationship: 5 months
Shortest Relationship: 3 days (seriously!)
Best Friend: Katie
Movies: FotR, Charlie's Angels, Sugar and Spice, Apollo 13, Funny Girl, Dude Where's My Car?.....and alot more!
Favorite Online Person: Uh.........Well, that would be Rook untill I dumped him, so I'd say the Entmooters and my people at FR
Favorite Band: No Doubt 4ever!!!!, Bush, Linkin Park, System of a Down, Sum41.....I like anything reggae/ska and most metal (tho not all)
Favorite Singer (Male Or Female): Nelly Furtado, India Arie, Enya
Favorite Song: oh gawd........!!!! Toxicity-System of a Down, In My Head-No Doubt, Runaway-Linkin Park, Swallowed-Bush, Hurrican-Bush **Many Meetings from FotR soundtrack**
Instrument: clarinet and electric guitar
Religion: Reformed Christian
Hobbies: Computer, being a LotR freak, reading, writing, playing volleyball, horses
One Celebrity You Wish You Could Marry: ORLI BLOOM ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!
Favorite T.V. Show: Fear Factor/ The Simpsons
Favorite Book(s): anything by Tolkien and anything by Sharon Creech!
...'I chose thumbs because they are very important. If I hadn't my thumbs I don't suppose I could ride my horse or write letters or pinch my litttle brothers, so I thought perhaps I should make a list of everything I couldn't do without my thumbs, for if a heathen came across the sea threatening to cut off my thumbs I might read my list and maybe he would change his mind. Then again, the likelyness of my being threatened by a heathen and whether a list would change his mind is very slim, so I'll save myself some time and not write a list!'

Last edited by Celebwen : 02-13-2002 at 05:23 PM.
Celebwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 05:30 PM   #43
The_Real_Legolas
Elven Warrior

hey

HI! new people I like all of ur profiles! anyway I cant do mine. BYE

One ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them
LEGOLAS ROCKS & so do I! GO ARCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The_Real_Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 10:26 PM   #44
notthatinnocent
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by anduin
Name: anduin
Hair Color: reddish brosn
Height: 5'5"
Occupation: stitcher for Stage One (professional theatre for young audiences)
Significant Other: Mike
Bros/Sis': 2 sis/1 bro
Pets: Sydney(cat), Simon(cat), Baby(cat), Bennie(dog)
Sports Team: Steelers
Sports Played: soccer
Longest Relationship: going on 8 years
Shortest Relationship: 2 weeks
Best Friend: not including my hubby....Sonya
Favorite Online Person: Darth Tater
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Favorite Singer (Male Or Female): Matthew Sweet
Favorite Song: currently "Concerning Hobbits"
Hobbies: Internet, sewing, restoring our 71 Karmann Ghia
One Celebrity You Wish You Could Marry: already married
Favorite T.V. Show: Trading Spaces
I LOVE Trading Spaces!! Any ideas why Alex left and Paige took over?

-Laura
Old 02-14-2002, 11:55 PM   #45
Ozymandias
Hobbit

Name: Jeremy
Hair Color: brown, when I don't shave it all off
Height: 5'10"
Significant Other: none at the moment
Kids: none
Bros/Sis': 3 younger bros
Pets: yellow lab
Sports Team: SF Giants & 49ers
Best Friend: my buddy Victor
Favorite Online Person: Hmmm...maybe Darth Ludicrous
Favorite Band: Toto
Favorite Singer (Male Or Female): Christina Aguilera
Favorite Song: hard to pick...I guess at the moment it's "Love Has Come" by Matt Maher
Hobbies: playing guitar, reading, playing on my computer
One Celebrity You Wish You Could Marry: Christina Aguilera
Favorite T.V. Show: Futurama, Simpsons, Law & Order, Enterprise
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 01:18 AM   #46
anduin
Entwife

notthatinnocent wrote:

Quote:
LOVE Trading Spaces!! Any ideas why Alex left and Paige took over?
No! My friends and I have been wondering that ourselves. I can tell you though that Paige went to high school in Louisville at YPAS (Youth Performing Arts School) and from what I hear she hasn't changed a bit....she was that dingy back in HS too.

So who is your favorite designer? I think my favorite people on that show are the two carpenters.
Old 02-15-2002, 01:25 AM   #47
notthatinnocent
Enting

Quote:
notthatinnocent wrote:

No! My friends and I have been wondering that ourselves. I can tell you though that Paige went to high school in Louisville at YPAS (Youth Performing Arts School) and from what I hear she hasn't changed a bit....she was that dingy back in HS too.

So who is your favorite designer? I think my favorite people on that show are the two carpenters.
I LOVE Ty, and Amy-Wnnye!! My favortite designers go as follows:
1. Hildi (I love all her stuff)
2. Lori (I love all her stuff)
3. Genevive (She can be a little wild)
4. Frank (He can be a bit too much country)
5. Doug (although he's really arrogant!)
6. Vern (he's to Fung Shei for me)
7. Dez (Yikes I won't even go there! )

My mom and I wanna Trade Spaces with our neighbors. I think it'd be so much fun! I really miss Alex. Paige bugs the crud out of me sometimes. She can be such a dimwit! Who are your favorite designers?

-Laura
Old 02-15-2002, 01:46 AM   #48
anduin
Entwife

Vern is probably my favorite, he has the cleanest designs and probably has the best eye. Then probably Lori, Hilde, Doug (only if he is doing my dining room), Genevive, Dez (I actually like her stuff, but wouldn't want to live with it everyday), and lastly...Frank. If I had to trade spaces I would want to work with him probably more than anyone, which would ensure that he wouldn't be doing a room in my house! I would not let him anywhere near my house....maybe I would let him near a closet or something.
Old 02-15-2002, 01:48 AM   #49
notthatinnocent
Enting

Quote:
Vern is probably my favorite, he has the cleanest designs and probably has the best eye. Then probably Lori, Hilde, Doug (only if he is doing my dining room), Genevive, Dez (I actually like her stuff, but wouldn't want to live with it everyday), and lastly...Frank. If I had to trade spaces I would want to work with him probably more than anyone, which would ensure that he wouldn't be doing a room in my house! I would not let him anywhere near my house....maybe I would let him near a closet or something.
Ya, Frank can go over board sometimes. Ok, all the times .

-Laura
Old 02-15-2002, 01:49 AM   #50
notthatinnocent
Enting

Lori does the prettiest bedrooms. Hilde too. Vern would be a good living/family room person. Dez, yikes, I don't know where.

-Laura
Old 02-15-2002, 02:37 PM   #51
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Okay, here goes:

Name: bropous / brollum / Joel P.
Hair Color: dark blonde
Height: 5'10"
Religion: Existential spiritualistic atheist.
Significant Other: a wonderful lady
Kids: By definite intent, not a one, never will be one. Positive.
Bros/Sis': 2 sis/3 bros
Pets: Maddie and Hermann Munster [kitty cats]
Sports Teams: Manchester United, AC Milan, Bayern Munchen, Arsenal, German national soccer team
Sports Played: None. (Does semi-competitive mountain climbing count?)
Longest Relationship: nearly 14 years
Shortest Relationship: 10 months
Best Friends: Sean and Laura, Ryan and Monica, Jan and Michael, Jim, and my sig other chickie-poo, my family
Favorite Online Person: PeaSoup [from IRC Undernet #politics]
Favorite Bands: King Crimson, Yes, Blue Oyster Cult, Sparks, DEVO, Oingo-Boingo, The Tubes, Brian Auger's Oblivion Express, Roxy Music, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Hawkwind
Favorite Singers (Male Or Female): David Bowie; Van Morrison; early Elton John; Sally Oldfield; Brian Ferry, Lene Lovich, Basia, Danny Elfman
Favorite Musicians: Robert Fripp, Mike Oldfield, Jean Michel Jarre, Ramsey Lewis, Hubert Laws, Gary Numan, Frank Zappa
Favorite Composers: Tchaikovsky, Rimsky-Korsakov, Borodin, Bizet, Berlioz, Mozart, Frank Zappa, Mike Oldfield, Danny Elfman
Favorite Songs: The Tubes, "White Punks on Dope"; Sparks, "At Home, At Work, At Play", "Thank God It's not Christmas"; DEVO, "Smart Patrol/Mr. DNA", "'Nuff Said"; Gary Numan "Down in the Park"; Blue Oyster Cult "Astronomy"; Yes "Yours is no Disgrace", "Starship Troopers", "A New State of Mind"; Oingo-Boingo "Grey Matter", "Change"; Led Zeppelin "Ten Years On"; Mike Oldfield "Tubular Bells", "Hergest Ridge"; Sally Oldfield "Song of the Quendi"
Hobbies: Hiking, camping, mountain climbing, writing, scale armor modeling, playing cello and keyboards
One Celebrity You Wish You Could Marry: Already with perfect match.
Favorite T.V. Shows: Mystery Science Theater 3000; Father Ted; Keeping Up Appearances; English Premiere League soccer; South Park; Wind in the Willows [BBC claymation]; Star Trek [original series]; Monty Python's Flying Circus; Benny Hill
Favorite Films: Barry Lyndon; The Poseidon Adventure; Manos: the Hands of Fate; Reefer Madness; The Rocky Horror Picture Show; Cheech and Chong's Up In Smoke; Fellowship of the Ring; Wind in the Willows [claymation]; Gallipoli; The Lighthorsemen; Breaker Morant; Careful, He Might Hear you; The Duellists; Zulu; Zulu Dawn; Ben Hur; Ten Commandments; Star Wars; Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan; the Heart Is a Lonely Hunter; To Kill A Mockingbird; Simon;
Favorite Books: Seth Speaks; Lord of the Rings; A Quick and Dirty Guide to War; Dune; Elric of Melnibone series; Corum series; A Guide to Colorado's Fourteeners; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Favorite Authors: JRR Tolkien; Michael Moorcock; James Dunnigan; General Sir John Hackett; Manly P. Hall; Madame Blavatsky; Michel de Nostradame
Favorite Subjects: Politics, international relations, military/defense issues, military science and history, history [all periods], warfare, music, Tolkien, geology, mountaineering, mysticism/occult studies, aliens, archaeology

There. Fairly exhaustive. Hopefully not too boring.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.

Last edited by bropous : 02-15-2002 at 02:59 PM.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 05:37 PM   #52
Darth Tater
The man

What is this "Trading Spaces" of which you speak? Can't say I've ever seen it or heard of it, lemme guess on cable?
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 06:02 PM   #53
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Is "Trading Spaces" anything like the BBC's "Changing Rooms"?
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 08:15 PM   #54
notthatinnocent
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Tater
What is this "Trading Spaces" of which you speak? Can't say I've ever seen it or heard of it, lemme guess on cable?
It's a show on TLC where two sets of neighbors switch to go to each others houses and redesing 1 room. Each set of neighbors has a designer come in and they all redecorate the room on a 1,000 dollar budget and in 2 days. Each desinger has access to the carpentor (Amy-Wynne or Ty). The carpentor makes lots of things for the desingers to save on time and money. After the two days is over the host (Used to be Alex, but now it's Paige) takes the couple back to their own house to see what they're neighbors and the desingers have done. Reactions vary. I've seen happy tears and sad tears and laughing in horror and laughing in happiness. It's a great show you all should try to check it out!

-Laura
Old 02-15-2002, 09:43 PM   #55
Darth Tater
The man

Wish I had cable Wait Liz, what the hell are you doing with cable, I thought you hated tv!

New theory! You made Julianne up because you were too embrassed to admit you like BtVS and wanted to see the tape for yourself!

Ok, I'll shutup now
Old 02-15-2002, 09:46 PM   #56
notthatinnocent
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Tater
Wish I had cable Wait Liz, what the hell are you doing with cable, I thought you hated tv!

New theory! You made Julianne up because you were too embrassed to admit you like BtVS and wanted to see the tape for yourself!

Ok, I'll shutup now
What? Who's Julianne?

-Laura
Old 02-15-2002, 09:54 PM   #57
Darth Tater
The man

She's a friend of Liz's, or so I was led to believe
Old 02-15-2002, 10:24 PM   #58
notthatinnocent
Enting

I get it now!

-Laura
Old 02-15-2002, 10:46 PM   #59
Evenstar
Elven Warrior

Memememe

Name: Evenstar...(yeah...youre not gettin' anything else)
Hair Color: reddish brown
Height: 5'6"
Significant Other: Elijah!
Bros/Sis': 3 sis
Sports Team: Carlton!!
Sports Played: Hell No
Best Friend: Jess
Favorite Band: Don't really know..
Favorite Singer (Male Or Female): Dean Martin
Hobbies: Painting, music, reading (especially Lord of the Rings)
One Celebrity You Wish You Could Marry: Elijah...
Favorite T.V. Show: Buffy and Friends!!
Old 02-16-2002, 05:26 PM   #60
anduin
Entwife

Quote:
Is "Trading Spaces" anything like the BBC's "Changing Rooms"?
I seem to recall someone telling me the concept for the show started in England, and now that I think about it I think they mentioned "Changing Rooms". Does notthatinnocent's description sound familiar?