Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-10-2000, 11:45 AM   #41
Gilthalion

Re: Reply

Yeah baby! I like James Horner's work. Didn't he do some StarTrek movies?

I think I just remembered something...

Way back in the deeps of Time, before many of you walked this earth, indeed, before your parents looked on each other with gleaming eyes, back, back, back, I have cast my mind through the mists of memory...

What about the Canadian trio, Rush? Seems to me they did a Tolkien inspired song or two!
Old 09-10-2000, 03:17 PM   #42
bmilder

Anyway, the music I mentioned is finally up at the site, in Rivendell, as you all probably know .
Old 09-10-2000, 04:06 PM   #43
Gilthalion

I especially liked the original midi for Bree!
Old 10-08-2000, 08:43 PM   #44
Smeagul

for the battle of minas tirith

i reckon 'the rights of spring' is the best for that particular part of the book because it was written when Stalingrad was under siege and 500,000 people died: very immotive like the book.......

any comments?
Old 10-19-2000, 01:40 PM   #45
Diamond Head 1

Re: Re:Music

BLIND GUARDIAN

An awesome power metal band. Their last album was titled 'Nightfall in Middle-Earth'.
The albums has 22 tracks (11 songs and 11 short spoken tracks). The album tells the tale of the noldor and the battle aganst Morgoth.
Old 10-19-2000, 08:52 PM   #46
dunedain lady

The Dance of the Tumblers from Snow Maiden is a piece that always reminds me of maybe hobbits or something. Or the elves, the way the act in Rivendell when Bilbo first encounters them. Playing it in orchestra always puts me in a really good mood!
Old 10-26-2000, 11:55 PM   #47
The One Ring

Quote:
I especially liked the original midi for Bree!
Why thank you, Gil. I'm working on some more LOTR midi's.... don't know when I'll get around to finishing them, though.
Old 10-27-2000, 03:48 PM   #48
Gilthalion

And I even said that BEFORE there was an election!

(It's still too bad you can't vote!)
Old 10-27-2000, 08:12 PM   #49
Finduilas

I've become very fond of Enya and also of instrumental celtic music for reading fantasy.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:14 PM   #50
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Sheryl Crow's "Safe & Sound" always gets me thinking of LotR, and so does Enya's music as well.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 09:54 PM   #51
The Lady of Ithilien
Elven Warrior

Quote:
What music reminds you of LotR?
BMilder asked many moons ago
Smetana's "The Moldau." That wonderful, sad but beautiful main theme reminds me of Aragorn's nobility and sadness, and towards the end when the theme is played with joy, of him entering Minas Tirith as king. Also, there's a waterfall in it that reminds me of Rauros, and towards the end a battle, and at one point towards the end of that the horns are blowing notes so clear and triumphant, the first time I heard them, I thought: that's how the Horns of Rohan sounded in the morning during the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.
The Lady of Ithilien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 10:57 PM   #52
Lollypopgurl
Elven Warrior

cool!
Old 11-22-2002, 11:01 PM   #53
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

um.... proboly "Mars laser escape" I forget who the artist is but it is really good music and sound alot like rivendell, and lothlorien.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 11:17 PM   #54
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Peer Gynt's Morning will always remind me of Lothlorien and The Halls of the Goblin King will always bring forth memorys of Bilbo when he became seperated from Gandalf and the Dwarfs

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 03:34 PM   #55
The Lady of Ithilien
Elven Warrior

Actually, I just learned that "The Moldau" has its own built-in story. Sigh. If passionate love of country were the deciding factor, Czechs, bless them, would rule the world.

It's online via ChoiceDM's classical channel; they have a preprogrammed selection. I forget which number it is, perhaps the eighth or ninth selection, by the Vienna Symphony Orchestra. Perhaps some of the other classics mentioned here are there, too, further down -- I've never listened to it for more than an hour or two at a time. Would like to hear "Pavan for a Dead Princess" again, especially -- loved it many years ago. Then, it reminded me of mountains, but yes, I can see it for Arwen, too.

Where might I find "Mars Laser Escape"? Sounds interesting.
Thus one should consider: "Being angry with another person, what can you do to him? Can you destroy his virtue and his other good qualities? Have you not come to your present state by your own actions, and will also go hence according to your own actions? Anger towards another is just as if someone wishing to hit another person takes hold of glowing coals, or a heated iron-rod, or of excrement. And, in the same way, if the other person is angry with you, what can he do to you? Can he destroy your virtue and your other good qualities? He too has come to his present state by his own actions and will go hence according to his own actions. Like an unaccepted gift or like a handful of dirt thrown against the wind, his anger will fall back on his own head."
Buddha
The Lady of Ithilien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 04:10 PM   #56
Entlover
Elven Warrior

Help! I typed in Choice DM and got some kind of health food links.
What should I look for it under?
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 04:31 PM   #57
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Gollum

All the celtic songs of my homeland (Ireland) just remind me of everything elven. I can see them sitting around and singing the really beautiful gaelic songs that I love. They also remind me a bit of Aragorn jsut in the way they seem so free but with a hidden burden. "she moved through the fair" reminds me so much of his relationship with Arwen. But anything celtic and I love it. Mx
Old 11-28-2002, 08:31 PM   #58
Celebrian
Enting

There is a song that I play in band, it is called Jupiter. It is really pretty and remindes me a lot of LotR. Mostly the end, when Frodo sails away. It is actually quite similar to a song that is in the movie, the theme when the company is paddling down the great river.

Tall ships and tall kings, three times three.
What brought they form the foundered land
Over the flowing sea?
Seven stars and seven stones and one white tree.
Celebrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 11:13 PM   #59
BeardofPants
the Shrike

James Horner? Geez, that guy lost any respect he had after the Titanic soundtrack. I can't decide who is worse: Howards Shore, or Horner....
Old 11-29-2002, 01:29 AM   #60
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Celebrian, are you talking about Jupiter from The Planets by Holst? I love the middle section of that song.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote