Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-09-1999, 06:36 AM   #41
galadriel1

Re: Shutting up.

OK Mr. Admin., I`m shutting up now. See Y`all in the Camping thread. Oh, Aragorn, nice to meet you!
Old 11-09-1999, 06:09 PM   #42
Elrond

Aragorn is a strange being... I'm not sure if she clases as human. Oh, she says she does... She's watching over my sholder right now... NO, DON'T try to deleat the alien thing aragorn...
Old 11-10-1999, 12:31 AM   #43
Darth Tater

Does anyone remember what this thread was originaly about?
Old 11-10-1999, 02:34 AM   #44
bmilder

Tater, they did. Anduin even created a separate camping topic in General. As soon as we get new users who reply with their favorite book, this topic'll be fine :P.
Old 11-10-1999, 03:17 AM   #45
galadriel1

Thread

I think it was about, uh, books or something like that! Sorry, guys! Didn`t mean to go so off topic! You have to excuse us elves - we get really gabby sometimes.
Old 11-10-1999, 06:04 PM   #46
Elrond

Re: Thread

And half elves... And aragorn the alien j/k aragorn...
Old 11-21-1999, 05:11 AM   #47
Elanor

fav book in trilogy

RotK! The only one that mentions me!!
Old 11-21-1999, 08:07 AM   #48
Aragorn02

Re: fav book in trilogy

Aragorn the alien wishes 2 say that she is not infact an alien...
Old 11-22-1999, 02:35 AM   #49
Darth Tater

Re: fav book in trilogy

Oh yeah, that's what we were talking about!
Old 11-22-1999, 09:09 PM   #50
galadriel1

Books

Hmmm.... Wasn`t this thread about books once upon a time??? :-) Yeah, those half-elves are quite gabby, also! hehehe
Old 11-22-1999, 09:36 PM   #51
Elrond

Re: Books

Yep we r...
Old 11-27-1999, 10:17 PM   #52
Gimli the Dwarf

not Fellowship

Well, I just can't make up my mind wether TT, or RotK is better.Helms deep is awsome, but so is Pellanor fields, Ents are cool, but so was Mary killing the Nazgul, Lorien, Minas Tirith, Edoras, Mount Doom, Shilob,...?
Old 01-04-2000, 04:15 AM   #53
IronParrot

Re: What's your favorite book in the trilogy?

I dunno... I've always tried to visualize the thing as one long novel broken down into three or six parts for ease of organization... I can't really pick one volume and call it better than the two others.
Old 01-04-2000, 06:59 PM   #54
ArwenUndomiel02

I'd have to say the Fellowship. Even though I'm not in it. It seems the most light-hearted. Not too many mishaps, and ole Tom is in it!
Old 02-19-2000, 12:21 PM   #55
Rumble

I'd have to say the Fellowship as well, but only because it contains my favorite chapter 'A journey in the dark'.
Old 02-22-2000, 03:28 AM   #56
Elanor

Hi Rumble!
Old 02-22-2000, 05:43 PM   #57
John309

I like the Two Towers best. Since it is the middle, the drama really builds and it reads fast. 'The Departure of Boromir' is a great chapter because we see the human side of Aragorn how he feels like he has failed and has to cope with self-doubt. But in order to become a true hero, he must first know despair. I love that! And, Gandalf comes back!!
Old 04-21-2000, 04:30 PM   #58
kcbob

This is a no-brainer!!!

The best book in the trilogy has to be ROTK. There are two passages in it that absolutely give me chills whenever I read them.

First, Grond has just broken the gate of Minas Tirith, in rides the Chief of the Nazgul, and there sits Gandalf atop Shadowfax barring his way. After a brief exchange of words, somewhere off in the city a @#%$ crows. And as if in answer.... horns, horns, horns. Rohan had come at last!!! I tell you, I'm almost in tears as I key in this reply.

Then, as if that's not enough, the Lord of the Nazgul swoops down on the Pellenor fields, confronts Eowyn, and the best line in the whole book is delivered. "Begone foul dwimmerlaik!" And all the while, the best character in the entire book, Meriadoc Brandybuck, aka, Merry, is waiting to take his place in history.

If this doesn't get your heart pumping, then you must be dead!
Old 08-26-2000, 01:41 AM   #59
Morkhon

Re: This is a no-brainer!!!

I'm kinda of a newbie to this board. Kinda because I made one post about a month/6 weeks ago and then never came back because I lost the web addy. But now I'm back, so I may be reviving some long lost threads. Fellowship is my favorite. 2 reasons; 1 I'm a history major in college and the history in Shadow of the Past and The Council of Elrond, 2 is my favorite chapter The Bridge of Khazad Dum.
Old 08-26-2000, 03:36 PM   #60
SilvaRanger

Re: This is a no-brainer!!!

For me it has to be fellowship, this book is everything I love about LoTR, it's my fave book ever. I really like Strider in this, I prefer him as Strider rather than Aragorn or Ellesar, its brilliant the way he is so mysterious when Frodo first meets him and the hobbits aren't sure whether or not to trust him. Then theres the really scary bit where the Nazgul are sniffing around searching for the hobbits and poor hobbits quaking in fear with Nazgul within feet of them. There are so many brilliant bits in this book.