Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-26-2008, 11:18 AM   #41
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
What does 'bravest poster' mean? Brave in what way?
I liked Sis' proposal though. There are so many people here that I admire, appreciate and/or like and they all deserve to be acknowledged, but not everything and everyone fits in these categories.
I'd like to get to know more posters, and I hate leaving people out.

What would it be like, to be busy traveling during the election period, find your way back to Entmoot, and find a list of 'winners" composed of people you've barely heard of? It's like going to college and coming back to find your room made into a sewing room.

Where's my cat poster? Who took my lamp?

I know people are all about competetion, and I appreciate the attention that's been paid to me, in this thread. That makes me feel valued.

But I don't like the feel of this. I think it's set up to do more harm than good. Particularly with young people. I mean, there are some great younger posters, and I'd like them included. I think about our Tessar, who started here young. Maybe it would have been harder for him to participate, not being nominated for "most eloquent", and we'd have lost him then. That would SUCK!

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:21 AM   #42
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
It's like going to college and coming back to find your room made into a sewing room.
Yup, that is definitely not fun. Having to climb over stuff to reach your bed and things like that. >_<

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #43
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
It's very appreciated that you want everyone to feel included, but you know I don't really see it as you do. Competition is fun and these Awards are supposed to be just that.

There are 10 places in competition and those who come out on top will do so deservedly with the voice of Mooters as proof of it.

The fun part is seeing many nominees and, hopefully, that people will not shy away from posting their nominee-list. I think that's the fun of it!
Now everyone on the Moot are valuable contributors in some way or another, but in this thread I meant for it to be a rather small list, like 10 awards, so that those who did win can bask in Entmoot-glory And to all of us/those who don't win, there's always 2009!

If I don't get nominated, then that just means somebody else earned it more than me and that's alright That's competition!

For the purpose of why I created this thread it was to get all the voices of Mooters on who they thought should get this and that award, in good fun. So I hope the 10-Awards list stays and that people want to nominate!!!
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:52 AM   #44
Coffeehouse

I'll post the Nomination List again (I've now also added an explanation for each Award). And just to explain how this works:

1. You can nominate as many people as you want (within the realm of reasonability! Nominating 10 people for one award is kinda alot)

2. On November 15th everyone's nomination lists will be put together so that the nominees that Mooter A, B, C, etc. put up will all count. How many times a person was nominated doesn't count at this stage. If one Mooter nominates you, you are on the 15th November list.

3. After November 15th there is the Official Final Posters of the Year List! Everyone who is nominated in the nomination process is on that list. From Nov 15th to December 15th is the voting-window, where every Mooter gets to make one vote per Award. So you vote for one person (he/she must be on the nomination list, which he/she most likely will be if you nominate he/she!) for each and every Award.

4. On December 15th the final vote tally is counted and we pronounce the winner for each Award and then the Posters of the Year can do their victory laps and thankyou-speeches and bask in Eternal Entmoot Glory and whatnot! And then it's Xmas!!!

1. Most Prolific Poster (The Mooter with the most Eager, Energetic and Breathlessly Unequaled Input of Posts of 2008):

2. Most Eloquent Poster (The Mooter who more often than not Gracefully writes with a Exquisite touch of Words and Clarity:

3. Least Modest Poster (The Mooter who likes a Good, Mootish argument!):

4. Most Modest Poster (The Mooter who in a Relaxed and Peaceful manner Posts his/her way through Entmoot's threads):

5. Happiest Poster (The Mooter who Loves to spread Posts of Joy and Happiness to the Pleasure of the rest of us!):

6. Craziest Poster (The Mooter who is all over the place with Big Letters, Crazy Smiles and Insane Laughters!):

7. Weirdest Poster (The Mooter who always seems to pull out a Random Comment or a Weird facial expression):

8. Bravest Poster (The Mooter who is Not Shy to give his/her Opinion and who takes a Stand where Few would!) :

9. Most Helpful Poster (The Mooter who makes Newbies feel Welcome and who likes to lend a Mootish hand):

10. Tolkien-Wiz of the Year Poster (The Mooter who possesses a Seemingly Infinite Weaponry of Tolkien knowledge)

Nominate!

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 10-26-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:37 PM   #45
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

Wow, this has gotten a lot more complicated since the last time I looked at it!
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

twitter
shesabrandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #46
Coffeehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesabrandybuck View Post
Wow, this has gotten a lot more complicated since the last time I looked at it!
Lol well it maybe looks that way but really it isn't. Easy 1-2-3: Post a list of nominees. Wait for November 15th Vote for any of the nominees on the final list. Wait for December 15th Award-winners announced!
Old 10-26-2008, 04:45 PM   #47
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

November 15th is the deadline?

twitter
Old 10-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #48
Coffeehouse

Yes. Post your list by then. Or now! I want nominee-lists to pour over
Old 10-26-2008, 04:50 PM   #49
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

I will, I will really have to think about it though...
*starts the meditate in the corner*

twitter
Old 10-26-2008, 04:53 PM   #50
Coffeehouse

Definitely. There's no rush... well a bit
Old 10-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #51
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

Quote:

What would it be like, to be busy traveling during the election period, find your way back to Entmoot, and find a list of 'winners" composed of people you've barely heard of? It's like going to college and coming back to find your room made into a sewing room.

Where's my cat poster? Who took my lamp?

I know people are all about competetion, and I appreciate the attention that's been paid to me, in this thread. That makes me feel valued.

But I don't like the feel of this. I think it's set up to do more harm than good. Particularly with young people. I mean, there are some great younger posters, and I'd like them included. I think about our Tessar, who started here young. Maybe it would have been harder for him to participate, not being nominated for "most eloquent", and we'd have lost him then. That would SUCK!

I very much agree with what you have to say. I would love to meet more posters, I only feel like I know a few, and everyone deserves a chance. Since this is going into complete effect, I suggest that you can only nominate someone once. I feel like it is only fair. Even if username fits into multiple categories, other people should have the chance to be there too. Because, if you do vote for username multiple times, other people might vote for that person too in mulitple categories, making the possibility that someone can "win" more than one category .

twitter
Old 10-26-2008, 05:14 PM   #52
Coffeehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesabrandybuck View Post
Since this is going into complete effect, I suggest that you can only nominate someone once
That is a very good point and I think that should be a rule yes. *Scribbles through the Posters of the Year rulebook*

I will post a new (and for the last time) list of the rules here and in the first post (if I can edit it.. we'll c..) stating that you can only nominate one specific Mooter once.

Official Rules of the 'Posters of the Year Awards 2008'

1. You can nominate as many people as you want (within the realm of reasonability! Nominating 10 people for one award is kinda alot)

2. You can only nominate a Mooter once. Which means that if you have nominated Mooter A to Award X, you can not nominate Mooter A to any other Awards be they W, Y, Z, etc.

3. On November 15th everyone's nomination lists will be put together so that the nominees that Mooter A, B, C, etc. put up will all count. How many times a person was nominated doesn't count at this stage. If one Mooter nominates you, you are on the 15th November list.

4. After November 15th there is the Official Final Posters of the Year List! Everyone who is nominated in the nomination process is on that list. From Nov 15th to December 15th is the voting-window, where every Mooter gets to make one vote per Award. So you vote for one person (he/she must be on the nomination list, which he/she most likely will be if you nominate he/she!) for each and every Award.

5. On December 15th the final vote tally is counted and we pronounce the winner for each Award and then the Posters of the Year can do their victory laps and thankyou-speeches and bask in Eternal Entmoot Glory and whatnot! And then it's Xmas!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #53
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

I hain't been on fer a while, but I'll do at least the first half of 2008.

2. Most Eloquent Poster: I always favour Grey_Wolf.

4. Most Modest Poster Willow Oran (or Lady Marion if she likes) just cuz she am so quiet.

5. Happiest Poster sister cousin and aunt

7. Weirdest Poster Can I nominate myself?

8. Bravest Poster Sane, this is you.

Weel, that's all I got. I dunno why I feel so suthern thruout this whole post.
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:09 AM   #54
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Thanks, Katt! Most obliged. *huggles Katt*
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:56 PM   #55
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I'll nominate you for craziest, Kitty.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:21 PM   #56
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Now that you are back, me too!

Katt for the Crazies! (Followed closely by GW! )
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #57
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

I want to be Least Prolific Poster of 2008.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #58
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownjenkins View Post
I want to be Least Prolific Poster of 2008.
We all hope you are, too.

*ducks*

*whacks rule*

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #59
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

My nominations:

1. Most Prolific Poster (The Mooter with the most Eager, Energetic and Breathlessly Unequaled Input of Posts of 2008): Mari, Sis, GW

2. Most Eloquent Poster (The Mooter who more often than not Gracefully writes with a Exquisite touch of Words and Clarity: GreyMouser, Sis, Nerdanel

(P.S.: Exquisite touch of words? Shouldn't there be more than a touch of words? )

3. Least Modest Poster (The Mooter who likes a Good, Mootish argument!): CoffeeHouse, Lief, and Inked

4. Most Modest Poster (The Mooter who in a Relaxed and Peaceful manner Posts his/her way through Entmoot's threads): Nurv, Earniel, Sis

5. Happiest Poster (The Mooter who Loves to spread Posts of Joy and Happiness to the Pleasure of the rest of us!): Mari!!!

6. Craziest Poster (The Mooter who is all over the place with Big Letters, Crazy Smiles and Insane Laughters!): Tessar, Sane, Flynn

7. Weirdest Poster (The Mooter who always seems to pull out a Random Comment or a Weird facial expression):

8. Bravest Poster (The Mooter who is Not Shy to give his/her Opinion and who takes a Stand where Few would!) : Obviously, Lief has to get a nomination. A lot of people are a bit combative, but few are brave.

9. Most Helpful Poster (The Mooter who makes Newbies feel Welcome and who likes to lend a Mootish hand): Nurv...and...not too much competition.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #60
Midge
Faithful Gardener

So.. rules are:

1. You can nominate however many people you want within reason for any one award.

2. You can't nominate a person more than once or (to put it another way) for more than one award.

3. You can't make up new categories.*

4. Deadline is Nov. 15.

Personally, I think the second rule is the key to this being a whole bunch of fun. Keeps you from nominating all the most avid Mooters for everything and makes you step out into the realm of the Mooters you don't really know that well.

Midge's Award Nominee List

1. Most Prolific Poster : Mari; Sane; Link

2. Most Eloquent Poster: Sis; Varna; Inked

3. Least Modest Poster: Lief; Insidious Rex; Hector (not really argument, but *definitely* not modest... )

4. Most Modest Poster: Val; Rian

5. Happiest Poster : Empress_Flynn

6. Craziest Poster : Grey_Wolf (all those Monsters and Songs!)

7. Weirdest Poster : Naughty; Katt;

8. Bravest Poster : Insidious Rex; BoP;

9. Most Helpful Poster: *I don't really have any opinion on this, considering that by the time I emerged into Moot society, I wasn't new..*

10. Tolkien-Wiz of the Year Poster: Keith K... anyone who reads his riddles would be impressed; Rinkë.

*Since we don't have a lot of time this year, we can use these templated categories. Maybe the beginning of next year, we can make a new list of categories (which may or may not incorporate more categories or less), if we find it is successful.

I think it will be fun if we all can make sure to not take things personally and realize that it's not anything big... just a friendly little mock-award-giving on the 'Moot.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote