Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #41
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Sorry gwai.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #42
Mari
Elf Lady

Good heavens, I'm so tired lately. I sleep enough at night, but I need naps in the afternoon to keep awake. I spent almost my entire day sleeping yesterday. I have no appetite and could hardly finish my apple this afternoon, even though it was the first thing I ate today. What is wrong with me?

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 06-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #43
Amael
Elven Warrior

Ya, what's up with that? I have tthe same thing happening to me. I overslept today. I wasn't even sick and I slept a whole 16 hours!!! I was asleep so long that I missed seeing Josh go to work and seeing him come back!!! I thought I had been in a coma at first.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #44
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amael View Post
I went through elementary school, junior high, high school, and college with tthat same feeling. The whole time almost everyone seemed to have it as rough as me. The thing is, something that is rare to find in the world is someone who will value meaningful friendships. Most people are too self-centered and to be honest some just seem to waant to be attention hogs more than they want to be a friend, let alone act like it. I know where you're coming from, Troll's Bane. Cool name by the way.
Well, it's extremely difficult for me to identify. The people I'm questioning are honest, I'm positive of it, and they've never been proven dishonest once.

Actually, this vent is a bit outdated, as I had an epiphany the other day that, in short, revealed this as an irrational thought that came about of my tendency to become possessive of my friends (wanting to know their friends, envious of time they spend with others, keep tabs on them, etc.), a tendency I never truly realized I had. So it's not their problem of avoiding me or not showing a reasonable degree of sacrifice; it is in fact...my problem, demanding so much of them when in reality I ought to just let them be themselves and that's that. It's a depressing realization when one realizes they are possessive as such. Good thing it's impossible for me to get depressed. I'm actually quite happy now, and I'm finding transition to non-possessive life easier than expected.

EDIT: If anyone wonders WHY I think I became possessive in the first place, well, that's another story.

EDIT 2: Why, thank you, Amael. I never cease to regret not capitalizing each letter, but oh well, that's life, eh? Welcome to the moot...I see you joined since I was really active last year.

Last edited by trolls' bane : 06-02-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:19 AM   #45
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Apparently the many minimum wage jobs I have applied for thus far are not seeking good looking young men filled to brimming with talent, charms, and (did we mention?) good looks.

Next stop: fast food. Blech.

Still. I'll do whatever it takes... I want my music degree, and I'd rather not base the entire thing off of loans.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:30 AM   #46
Mari
Elf Lady

TB, I know what it is. I had that epiphany of yours a few years ago. Makes it easier to get through life once you realize what's wrong Congratulations.

Tessar, been there, done that. Try cleaning. I know everyone thinks it sucks as a job, but it's easy and quite well paid (well, at least here it is compared to most other jobs. And if you can find a cleaning job in a care center or whatever, it gets better pay then any other job here, sometimes even double the minimum wages).
Good luck!

Old 06-03-2008, 12:35 AM   #47
Mari
Elf Lady

I had a nightmare and THE recurring face showed up. This really isn't my day/week.
I don't get it. I'm not stressed out, I'm not feeling down (in fact I was pretty happy, though sleepy yesterday) and the only negativeness I've been in contact with, has been from other people.
What is going on?!? [/frustration]

Old 06-03-2008, 12:36 AM   #48
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
TB, I know what it is. I had that epiphany of yours a few years ago. Makes it easier to get through life once you realize what's wrong Congratulations.!
Thank'ee kindly. I expressed it to one of my friends, in fact, and we seem to be off much better anyway.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:04 AM   #49
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Gah, I've had this stomach ache building up all day and it's not going away :-/. I hope I'm not getting sick.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:07 AM   #50
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
I had a nightmare and THE recurring face showed up. This really isn't my day/week.
I don't get it. I'm not stressed out, I'm not feeling down (in fact I was pretty happy, though sleepy yesterday) and the only negativeness I've been in contact with, has been from other people.
What is going on?!? [/frustration]
The recurring face?
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 06-06-2008, 03:51 AM   #51
Mari
Elf Lady

Yes, from a horrorfilm I was sorta forced to watch. It was four years ago, but I never forgot it and it comes back to haunt me once in a while.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #52
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

What horror flick was this?

I had a rather disturbing nightmare last night. I don't remember much about it, except for a very gothic flavour, and a white cat that throughout the dream would occasionally give birth to a litter of puppies (yes, puppies), and promptly disembowel them as soon as they came in reach.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 06-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #53
Mari
Elf Lady

o_O That sounds creepy!
Gwai, the film was called Battle Royale. The face that keeps haunting me appears around 15 minutes or so into the film. I don't know about the rest of the film, because I left.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #54
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I don't know if this should be in the happy thread or venting thread... I had three really great, amazing dates with my friend... and now he's gone home. I miss him so much it's ridiculous . This is just like when school let out and I had to say bye to all of my friends for the summer... I feel so lonely, and the logical part of me says that it's just for a little while, but...

Blegh.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:10 AM   #55
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

It's possible that my attitude toward authorities is.. different from what they would prefer, but what I have huge problems with is people/groups who think they are authorities when they aren't. Really pisses me off and usually makes me ignore them.

One of the PhD:s in the group (that I've been venting about earlier, too) doesn't understand that I'm not his assistant, and that in this group we take care of our own organisms and don't throw all that work on the assistant(s). I was here as an assistant until the beginning of June - and I didn't get paid. I was here by my own free will and I was aware that I didn't have to take any **** from him since I could've left whenever I wanted.
Now I'm doing my own experiments - and he still asks how often I can take care of the ants. I have my own ants now, I have my own experiments, I have a fellow master's student who needs my help since he's new, and to be honest, if I'm going to help someone, it's my supervisor.

And as if that isn't enough, the station I'm working on has introduced something new: name tags. All researchers on the station and the staff had a meeting last year where the infamous station director discussed these name tags. There was not one positive comment from the researchers. So, this year they decided to do it anyway: and now the chef won't let us have lunch if we don't wear it. I was thinking about not having lunch there anymore.. X)

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 06-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #56
Mari
Elf Lady

Oh dear heavens, NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo~! The European Championships for soccer has started and today "we" play (and lose). There's already so much noise outside!! >_<
I hate this... and I hate those honk-thingies! They should become illegal.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #57
Nerdanel

I love it. And Holland is playing really well! Go Holland!

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 06-09-2008, 03:56 PM   #58
Mari
Elf Lady

Yeah, I'm going to have to eat my words tomorrow
I don't mind the soccer though, I hate the noise and the hysteria. Just to make that clear.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:23 PM   #59
Nerdanel

That's fair enough. And you're so winning the World Champions.. Lovely!

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 06-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #60
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

I couldn't hardly be madder. I can't really express myself about it in a family friendly way, but rest assured, my vocabulary is up to the challenge, irl.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Closed Thread