Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:52 PM   #41
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Dang, there's been a lot of Cafe's!
*gets self nice, big mocha frapp and cookies and goes over to squishy chair*

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 08-10-2006, 12:48 AM   #42
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

ah, how i love the 1812 overture...
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
Old 08-10-2006, 04:43 AM   #43
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

Earlier this morning, there was a plot to blow up 20 planes. But luckly, the terrists were caught before they had a chance to do anything, thanks to the events of 9/11 and 7/7. For more details, read below:

'Plot to blow up planes' foiled

A terrorist plot to blow up planes in mid-flight from the UK to the US has been disrupted, Scotland Yard has said.
It is thought the plan was to detonate up to three explosive devices smuggled on aircraft in hand luggage.

Police have arrested about 18 people in the London area after an anti-terrorist operation lasting several months.

Security at all airports in the UK has been tightened and delays are reported. MI5 has raised the UK threat level to critical - the highest possible.

According to MI5's website, critical threat level means "an attack is expected imminently and indicates an extremely high level of threat to the UK".

Home Secretary John Reid confirmed that there had apparently been a plot "to bring down a number of aircraft through mid-flight explosions causing a considerable loss of life".

According to BBC sources the "principal characters" suspected of being involved in the plot were British-born.

In other major developments:

-The US Department of Homeland Security said the increased threat level applied to commercial flights originating in the UK

-The Home Office confirmed there had been three meetings overnight and on Thursday morning of the Cabinet's emergency committee, Cobra, chaired by Mr Reid, to discuss the terror alert

-A spokesman for Number 10 said Tony Blair had briefed US President George Bush on the situation during the night

-All passengers were banned from taking hand luggage onto flights, while the government warned of delays. Heathrow Airport has warned travellers to stay at home if possible

-Heathrow airport operator BAA asked that all in-bound services not already in the air be suspended, National Air Traffic Services said

-BBC home affairs correspondent Daniel Sandford said he did not think the police believed an attack was imminent.

"The reason for raising the threat level is in case there is some other sub-plot, back-up plot around this that the police aren't aware of," he said.

Scotland Yard said in a statement that their investigation into the alleged plot was a "major operation" which would be "lengthy and complex".

"We would like to reassure the public that this operation was carried out with public safety uppermost in our minds."

Prime Minister Tony Blair is on holiday in the Caribbean, but Downing Street said the police operation was undertaken with his full support and he had been "in constant touch".

Transparent bags

The Department for Transport set out the details of the security measures at UK airports.

THREAT LEVEL
The current threat level is assessed as critical as of 10th August 2006 - this means that an attack is expected imminently and indicates an extremely high level of threat to the UK.
MI5 statement

Passengers will not be allowed to take any hand luggage on to any flights in the UK, the department said.

Only the barest essentials - including passports and wallets - will be allowed to be carried on board in transparent plastic bags.

"We hope that these measures, which are being kept under review by the government, will need to be in place for a limited period only," the statement said.

At Heathrow Airport, BBC presenter Fiona Bruce said there were "ranks of people" unable to get into the terminal.

"Terminal One is completely at a standstill. Nobody is being checked in at all."

She said it was "jam-packed", but passengers were managing to remain "good natured".

BBC journalist Joe Lynam encountered the increased security measures at Gatwick airport.

"I was handed a piece of paper saying that pretty much nothing could be taken on board the plane," he said.

"Everything had to be checked in and that includes mobile phones, ipods, wallets - even spectacle cases had to be checked in."

British Airways said that passengers who do not wish to fly on Thursday can rebook on flights leaving over the next two weeks.

David Learmount from Flight International Magazine said he expected passengers to be searched much more carefully.

He added: "This is the first time this measure has actually been taken. Certainly I've never seen hand luggage banned."
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:50 AM   #44
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

*Walks in* *Yawns* *Sits at bar and lays head on counter*
I want to go back to SLEEP!!!!!
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #45
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
*Finaly wakes up... Wonders why duninsbane has been throwing swords at himself*
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:19 AM   #46
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Hey, it keeps him out of trouble.

Now for a nice cup of Starbucks and a chocolate donut, want one?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #47
jammi567

Quote:
Originally Posted by me9996
*Finaly wakes up... Wonders why duninsbane has been throwing swords at himself*
because he's immortal, and so is trying to boost that he can do anything because he can't get killed. If you ignore him, he'll stop it eventually.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:55 AM   #48
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

oh, we regularly ignore him.....it doesn't help one bit

Last edited by Spock : 08-10-2006 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:01 PM   #49
jammi567

damm it!

Old 08-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #50
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

indeed. all the world's a stage...you folk are just a tough crowd!
----------------
Old 08-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #51
jammi567

tough, but fair.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:43 PM   #52
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

well, SOME of you are fair...
----------------
Old 08-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #53
jammi567

don't look at me that way. your the one who cxan be unfair, deleting my posts on your website etc.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #54
jammi567

don't look at me that way. your the one who can be unfair, deleting my posts on your website etc.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:49 PM   #55
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
There were quite a few seven info places in the guide i use for my clues but now we're back to the more normal clue-subjects, Jammi.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:59 PM   #56
jammi567

ok, cool.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:07 PM   #57
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

***PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING***

Attention!
All mooters, I am now seizing responsibility for the Teacup Cafe's intellectual discussions, and if there are no objections which I cannot handle; I will also take it over completely. While people are still free to post random things, we will hold things such as games and contests in this very place.

Furthermore, I will either hire or appoint waiters and waitresses to help you when ordering. Freelancing in the kitchen has resluted in too many messes and few clean-ups. The patrons of this Cafe have clearly been negligent on their promise to support the Teacup's sucess and popularity.

You must now be over the age of 21 to have an alcohal beverage and must present Mooter ID cards.

Also, YOU MUST PAY for your food, and tip for our services. Apperantly there is a huge financial crisis because people have been using "credit". No longer.

The music we play will now be varied and diverse. Consumers are encouraged to ask for a certain song etc...except no requests on fridays, when we will play Beethoven's Complete Symphonies and Piano Concertos.

If you have any questions to submit, please make them intelligible or understood. Failure to do this will result in an automated soak from installed water guns mounted on the walls. Also note that cameras are watching if you think you can get away with stealing, and if you do: again, the water guns at a higher pressure.

Now that that's done, I have an excellent idea: why don't we play a game called "I don't know it". You submit a word you do not know the meaning of, and hopefully you will get an answer. If you are the person submitting an answer you get a free cupcake. If you answer wrong, you get a high pressure soaking.

That's my idea of a game, but if anyone else has any ideas...

BTW: I'M SERIOUS
hectorberlioz- Vice President of Entmoot

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide

Last edited by Spock : 08-10-2006 at 09:50 PM. Reason: **Moderator Note*** Pay no Attention to this notice
Old 08-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #58
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Ok, now that everything is a bit more serene, I can sit down and enjoy some decafe tea.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #59
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

i'm going to take spock's lead and COMPLETELY disregard that insane statement...21...bah.

----------------
Old 08-10-2006, 10:54 PM   #60
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Now for a nice cup of Starbucks and a chocolate donut, want one?
*perks up* Does a Starbucks frapp count? *doesn't wait for an answer* Of course it does! *gets self another frapp*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
*Walks in* *Yawns* *Sits at bar and lays head on counter*
I want to go back to SLEEP!!!!!
I... don't want to go back to sleep because I woke up at about 11:30 this morning, which is pretty late for me considering that I usually only sleep in til 10:30.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Closed Thread