Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-08-2006, 05:41 PM   #41
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

sadly, jammi, i think not much is left but where harry got his glasses, about his eyes, and parseltongue. so. dursley's bought glasses, the eyes may come into play soon, and yes, intro for parseltongue (coupled with a laugh) oh, and i appriciate that warm, heartfelt, completely true compliment. HA!
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:52 PM   #42
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

feel free to add any questions of yor own, because we seem to have run out of them.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:53 PM   #43
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

yes indeed. i've noticed. that's why i said such up over yonder^! hm...*goes off to get book*
----------------
Old 07-10-2006, 04:44 AM   #44
jammi567

so durinsbane, thought of any yet?
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:51 AM   #45
jammi567

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i've just thought of a question: how does harry know when his birthday is? because i'm sure the dursleys wouldn't tell him to make him happy.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #46
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

well, for one thing, i doubt even they're that cruel, and also, if they want to be so "normal", "normal" kids know their birthdays...
----------------
Old 07-10-2006, 12:34 PM   #47
jammi567

very good point.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:35 PM   #48
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

i thought so.
----------------
Old 07-10-2006, 12:38 PM   #49
sun-star
Lady of Letters

The Dursleys would have to tell Harry his birthdate for practical reasons - he couldn't start school without it, for example.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:39 PM   #50
jammi567

*total silence as the clock ticks loudly, as someone else, for once, thinks up a new question*

Old 07-12-2006, 07:34 AM   #51
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

The only question I have is "I wonder why the Dursleys are so unimportant to the latest books....will they make a *comeback* of sorts for the final book?....I vote maybe.....
Old 07-12-2006, 08:56 AM   #52
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i've just thought of a question: how does harry know when his birthday is? because i'm sure the dursleys wouldn't tell him to make him happy.
It may be through the school systems. Schools normally request for a date of birth for their records and probably to check and see if the required vacinations have been received by the appropriate dates.

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:01 AM   #53
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
The only question I have is "I wonder why the Dursleys are so unimportant to the latest books....will they make a *comeback* of sorts for the final book?....I vote maybe.....
Probably due to the fact that more and more "Action" takes place away from the Dursleys house.

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:42 PM   #54
jammi567

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrand1r
Probably due to the fact that more and more "Action" takes place away from the Dursleys house.
And also the fact that they're becoming less and less important to the story as a whole.

Old 07-13-2006, 04:47 PM   #55
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567
And also the fact that they're becoming less and less important to the story as a whole.
Yes...I think this is a mistake though....we need to get back to our roots a little....imo, I want more Dursley action.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:49 PM   #56
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

this, i feel is the real zeitgeist question of our times!

i vote.... maybe not ...but possibly

Cast you votes good people ... lets have a vote-in!!
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:50 PM   #57
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
Yes...I think this is a mistake though....we need to get back to our roots a little....imo, I want more Dursley action.

Dursley on Dursley????
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:22 PM   #58
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
Dursley on Dursley????
No....I don't think so, too much fat ......I still want more drama from Petunia though. Some sister anquish would be good. Lets bring back some pain from the past to really get Harry's juices flowing......
Old 07-13-2006, 10:26 PM   #59
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
this, i feel is the real zeitgeist question of our times!

i vote.... maybe not ...but possibly

Cast you votes good people ... lets have a vote-in!!
I agree!

Cast your vote for "Bringin it on Home" to the Dursley pad in the last book.......

A. could be
B. perhaps.....
C. It's a possiblity
D. You might have something there!
E. I'd hit it!
Old 07-14-2006, 07:06 AM   #60
jammi567

Here's a interesting essay i've just found, that shows who was really more emotionally hurt before Harry went to Hogwarts. what do you think?