Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-12-2004, 01:27 PM   #41
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Janny
Okay, I'm not saying large scale, I'm saying significant proportion. Read, minority. But they exist. The people burning the Union Jack outside Regent's Park mosque and preaching their hatred against the Queen and the police and Mr. Blair and the government in general are third generation.
There were people arrested in Crawley near London and although they remain innocent 'til proven guilty, they were found with 600kg of Ammonium Nitrate fertiliser. These 5 men are third generation.
Ok Im still having a hard time visualizing this. A hand full of criminals? (because thats what they are by definition: criminals if they are plotting to kill and blow things up) Well I can certainly see that. But an entire wave of immigrants? Hard to imagine. Seems to me the easy answer is simply to arrest those that do violent things be they immigrants fresh off the boat or proper brits who can trace their roots back to the mesolithic. The issue of whether they are immigrants or not shouldnt enter into it.

As far as burning the flag well what do you say to non-immigrant brits who burn the flag? you know all the super green left wing types who want anarchy and despise Bush and Blair and the WTO and all that? Do you look at them with the same disgust? In america you dont see immigrants burning flags really. But you do see some americans doing it because we have this free speech thing and all and every loud mouth green peacer thinks they need to make their point by building puppets and burning flags and such. But its never been an immigrant problem. The ironic thing is the VAST vast majority of those immigrants of middle east decent in america are quite happy to be in this country. Even with all thats been going on in the world the past few years (and even under Bush) they are still happy here where they are. They know they are better off most likely. And they ARE assimilating. Its like the pull of the under toe. It just happens despite yourself.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:18 PM   #42
Janny
The Blobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
As far as burning the flag well what do you say to non-immigrant brits who burn the flag? you know all the super green left wing types who want anarchy and despise Bush and Blair and the WTO and all that? Do you look at them with the same disgust?
Well yes, really, but to be fair they rarely burn the flag, it doesn't seem in British culture... ok, dangerous road to go down.
You get me wrong. I cannot comment on the situation in Maryland, but I personally have a problem with the notion of foreigners coming to another country, living from benefits, and then burning the flag and inciting hatred. I DO NOT hold this against all immigrants coming to Britain, but am annoyed that these individuals will not be arrested because of a fear of persecuting minority groups. I do not accept that in future they will be in the minority, but I think there are clearly problems when this, and the race riots a few years ago occur.

Fascinated though I am by the notion that I am a barrier to assimilation, I remind you that I am a sixteen year old boy, who would not say these things, because they are perceived as racist and because if i did I would have the s**t beaten out of me. Also, as a Christian, I treat my fellow man in the manner I would like to be treated, regardless of race colour or creed.

Political correctness has caused undesirable successes for BNP, because people cannot say these things in public and mainstream parties cannot either. This results in people voting for the BNP because it is the only ones to address these concerns.

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Janny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:25 PM   #43
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Political correctness has caused undesirable successes for BNP, because people cannot say these things in public and mainstream parties cannot either. This results in people voting for the BNP because it is the only ones to address these concerns. [/B]
....doffs his coifure and says "Hear, Hear, well said"!!!
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:59 AM   #44
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
Seems to me the easy answer is simply to arrest those that do violent things be they immigrants fresh off the boat or proper brits who can trace their roots back to the mesolithic. The issue of whether they are immigrants or not shouldnt enter into it.
Hear hear!

It strikes me that the British didn't exactly integrate when they colonised half the world. Instead, they re-engineered cultures wholesale (not to mention ripped off their resources) to suit themselves. Would you rather the immigrants did that??

A question to Janny and Spock: What is the cut-off point to be considered a "kosher" Brit?
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:15 AM   #45
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gaffer

A question to Janny and Spock: What is the cut-off point to be considered a "kosher" Brit? [/B]
..When they start having proper tea at 4.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:34 PM   #46
Janny
The Blobbit

What is British is those who want to contribute to society. What isn't is standing up in public preaching death to west and the Queen and the police force etc etc.

In reference to the British empire point, one cannot say it was the right thing to do, based on today's ethics. I would never agree with colonialisation because it influences and changes the societies. But this is perfectly aceptable in the west, whose cultures are of lesser value than those which were colonialised a long time ago.

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:38 PM   #47
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Again, you've got it right on, IMO. What was, was and was correct for that period of time. Don't apply today's p.c. or values to historical events but rather understand them in the context of the times they took place in.

Meanwhile, get the bloody hell out of a country if you hate it so much and go back to eating sand. .....oh, I fear I've crossed the line.....
Old 04-19-2004, 12:42 PM   #48
Janny
The Blobbit

Way to give credibility to the arguement man!

Old 04-19-2004, 12:52 PM   #49
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

SUGGESTED ADDITION TO DRINK

I have been to paradise. It was an ice cream milkshake. What you do is, you get vanilla ice cream and put it in a blender with milk (about 50-50 by volume). Then you pour in a little chocolate flavouring that's normally used for coffee, the syrupy stuff. Then you obtain a group of friends, chink glasses together and enjoy.
This sugar-induced-coma-inducing drink is NOT an insight by Sun-Star ( (c) Janny 2004 )
......ADD IN A GENEROUS DASH OF Stolichnaya !
Old 04-20-2004, 08:20 AM   #50
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Quote:
What isn't is standing up in public preaching death to west and the Queen and the police force etc etc.
But surely that's an attitude and/or behaviour exhibited by a person or group of associates, not by an ethnic group per se.

The fact that they all look like towelheaded camel jockeys to our friend Mr Nimoy is neither here nor there. (Hope you enjoyed the hangover)

The legislation already exists which would enable the prohibition of certain groups according to their words and/or actions.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:32 AM   #51
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Originally posted by Spock
..When they start having proper tea at 4.
excuse me,
afternoom tea is at 3 pm not 4
slice of cake, cup of darjeeling
and cucumber sandwiches with
the crusts cut off!
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:48 PM   #52
Janny
The Blobbit

Quote:
But surely that's an attitude and/or behaviour exhibited by a person or group of associates, not by an ethnic group per se.

The fact that they all look like towelheaded camel jockeys to our friend Mr Nimoy is neither here nor there. (Hope you enjoyed the hangover)
you really lost me in the middle there. Little poking at spock?
Also I don't believe we ever used the phrase 'towelheaded camel jockeys', some would say that actually the PC people who occasionally slip the odd joke in are doing less for integration thn those who merely express what the public (ok, readership of the Sun and Mail) think.
Well, yes to your first point, you seem not to understand, we, as we have stated, object to those immigrants who want to destroy UK society. Regardless of ethnic groups. Why, if the German army came over here like they tried to in '45...

Old 04-20-2004, 12:55 PM   #53
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
excuse me,
afternoom tea is at 3 pm not 4
slice of cake, cup of darjeeling
and cucumber sandwiches with
the crusts cut off!

.........well it's daylight savings time and I forgot to set my watch ..........xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssss seeeemmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Spock : 04-20-2004 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:00 PM   #54
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:

Well, yes to your first point, you seem not to understand, we, as we have stated, object to those immigrants who want to destroy UK society. Regardless of ethnic groups. Why, if the German army came over here like they tried to in '45...
........sighs.......... keep trying, I'm getting a bit tired of stating plain truth and having to define each word. No wonder they have riots.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:24 PM   #55
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

I think I do understand, and I apologise to you and Spock for being a bit naughty and charicaturing your views.

However, there was a good reason for it, and that is that race underlies a lot of these kinds of attitudes. We must be vigilant with ourselves and think carefully "exactly why am I reacting this way to this particular group?"

You mentioned the Sun and Mail, as if these were other people. Do you share their "views"?

Anyway, neither of you have answered the question about the fact that they're immigrants having nothing to do with it: if there is a crime happening, then it should be prosecuted, and can be, under the existing law. You also haven't given a sensible answer as to how we should discriminate between "true Brit" and "immigrant", so feck it.

If we are to deal with these issues, we have to examine them rationally, not just be driven by some dodgy, tribal, emotional reaction.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:32 PM   #56
Janny
The Blobbit

We at Janny Towers subscribe to the Sun and the Mail purely for their soft, absorbant qualities.
My distinction between Brit and non-Brit may have been a little unothadox in approach but that is more or less it, besides those people, who actually aren't British and who don't want to blown us up or screw us over, eg Americans - SAY NOTHING TO THAT OR I'LL GET JD ON YOU!

Old 04-22-2004, 03:33 PM   #57
sun-star
Lady of Letters

Quote:
Who says it's wrong to describe Britain as a multicultural society?
I don't think this question was ever answered... it was Trevor Phillips, head of the CRE:

link
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 04:48 PM   #58
Janny
The Blobbit

Sorry to dredge this up...
Did anyone in the UK see that 'Dispatches' programme on the Lee Centre? I'm disgusted by both sides! What is the point of formulating a view on this matter when both sides call the other crackpots and believe what they want to about the others' arguement? Did anyone else see it?