Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-19-2003, 12:36 PM   #41
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:HEY! Has everyone forgotten about me? I can't stay on too long I'm babysitting. Anyway I like the shapeshifter idea so if Gulio...Gumbo doesn't mind I'll just be a female of his race.

Totally Random Bio of my character.

Name: Fermantya (Fery for short) no last name...i like it that way.
Race: Human/shapeshifter maget (girl mage)
Description:Bright student of Ilandre...just not as abesentminded or as talanted at shapeshifting. Likes to joke and sometimes gets in trouble for it. Favorite animal to shift into is a falcon even though she can't fly very well.

Now you've got the semi-veterian Rpger who's been here longer than Gulio and shorter than Kalile or Legolas or LSP.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 07:23 PM   #42
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
Strider Let the games begin! Mwahahahaha!

OOC: I think I'm starting off with Kaitryona being with Akamai from the start, seeing as I've pictured them as fairly good friends... (I'll get around to posting Akamai's history in the other thread once I'm done with this.) Niko would be there too, but seeing as we don't have anyone taking his persona... we shall add him in at a later date!

Akamai stared out at the mountains as she was pushed forcefully ahead. What she would not give to be back home. Three days now, she'd been in the company of these creatures--she could not quite tell what they were. Pale yellow eyes set deep into gray-black skin, with sharp teeth sticking from jaws at odd angles. Kaitryona was somewhere beside her, but where she wasn't sure. If she looked anywhere but forward, her own whip would be brought down on her. Fendrial, Latryania and the others were dead. Niko, and Kaitryona were the only others left alive, and she hoped that Niko, at least, had managed to escape. A sharp guttural shout went out, and the group came to a staggering halt. Akamai stumbled and hit the ground as her guard gave her a hard shove. He--it--laughed at her and let her lay there for a few moments, to allow her to catch her breath, before grabbing her by the cords around her wrists and hauling her to her feet.

A brief glimpse of black hair sent a flare of relief through Akamai's heart. Kaitryona was alive! Captured, but still alive. They could still get away, if they could only find a moment or two to talk... But their captors made sure that would not happen. Only glimpses of a face, or a foot were allowed, and even those were brief. Sighing, Akamai reluctantly lowered her gaze to the ground under the reproving stare of her guard. Last time she had tried to stare him down, she'd been beaten for it. That was not something she wanted to go through again.

"Eat." The creature growled at her, grabbing a fistful of her auburn hair and nearly choking her as he forced some dry bread down her throat.
Coughing, Akamai glared at him, her blue eyes icier than ever. "I would, if you'd just untie me! Do you think I'm stupid to try and run away with the lot of you surrounding me like a hungry pack of wolves?"
"Not stupid. Crafty. All elves are."
Elves again! How many times did she have to tell a person she was not an elf, but lynethe? She opened her mouth to correct him, but found her hair being pulled again, and having some sort of burning liquid poured down her throat.

A shout from the other side of the camp said the same thing was happening to Kaitryona, but with less success.

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 07:29 PM   #43
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Shall one of us save stumble across your unfortunate path and save you too? If so, then my character shall be waltzing around in that area.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 07:36 PM   #44
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

OOC: It'd be awfully kind of you to do so... If you're schedule's not too busy right at this moment.

Old 09-19-2003, 07:41 PM   #45
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: Allow me to join you Sane

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 07:51 PM   #46
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I felt an intrusion into my territory. Damn Bajori! I hated the creatures and frequently made it a point to slaughter all that came my way. But i also felt other beings with them. A lynethe?! And an elf maid? this is odd.....I also felt a third being making its way towards them so I made my way over till i was observing the whole scene. The Lynethe and elf were putting up a fight. I saw a human watching as well. I made eye contact with him and we both drew our weapons. My bow, his sword and readied for the attack
Old 09-19-2003, 08:05 PM   #47
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Akamai squinted her eyes slightly as something glinted in the failing sunlight. Steel. A sword? What... She winced again as she was shoved forward. She heard Kaitryona shout something in elvish--a curse or somesuch thing most likely. She didn't care much for being pushed around. Learn to live with it, Kait... We all have to. Or we'll die by our own stubbornness. Wondering why they had started marching again, when the sun was so close to setting, Akamai stumbled along as the day waned, and the night closed in.

Old 09-19-2003, 09:37 PM   #48
Gulio, Strength of Many

ooc: I don't mind at all Fim

ic: Ilandre quite enjoyed these outings in the mountians. He was explaining the finer points of being a slug to his pupil, Fermantya, when he noticed a large group of Bajori trekking through the mountians. He also noticed what seemed to be two prisioners with them. He motioned for Fery to stop, "Do you see them?"

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:50 PM   #49
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Strider

OOC: I'm going to just pretend you lot are attacking, because I'm an impatient little thing... lol

Akamai grunted as one of the creatures lifted her from the ground and flung her onto its back. "Not running fast enough, some elf you are!" It growled, picking up the pace.
"You try running for most of the day, see how long you last." Her mutter wasn't quiet enough.
"Keep silent or I'll see to it you're punished again!"
As the group continued moving and Akamai slowly drifted off into an exhausted sleep.
The shouts and clanging of weapons went unheard to her ears, even when her carrier dropped to the ground, sending her rolling across the ground.

Old 09-20-2003, 12:44 AM   #50
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Whoa! Lots happened all of a sudden. Cool.

Ic: Kaitryona finally was being driven into quiet desperation. (- is the English way- sorry. Pink FLoyd.) The healer part of her was already resigned to going along with this until she found a way to escape. The warrior in her, however, wasn't willing to give in. The elf was weary and hurt, wandering in a feverish haze of confusion, shutting out the outside world for a while, when something happened.
Kaitryona dragged herself back into the world in time to see an orc fall. Without thinking, she spoke a word.

The line in front of her burst into flame, going down in agony.
Another and another were consumed, until the flame was finally satisfied and dwindled into nothing.

At this last effort, Kaitryona's mind and body gave way together, and she slipped, to drown in half waking dreams.
I hope someone finds me, and doesn't burn my body, she thought sleepily, and let go of reality completely.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 01:11 AM   #51
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: They are called bajori, not orc.

Damn. The Bajori had sensed me adn took off running with one captive, the other, the elf, chose to fight but quickly passed out. I unsheathed my sword and charged. The clearing was filled with dead Bajoris, my companion from the bush [that would be you, gulio] Nodded and tended to her while i charged after the Lynethe. I caught up to the Bajori quite easily in a few strides and slew it. I in turn cut the bindings of the maid.

"You alright?" I said softly.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:40 AM   #52
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Akamai tensed at the voice and slowly opened her eyes, at least the voice was more human than all the others she'd heard recently. "I'm fine..." She muttered, still thoroughly exhausted, not to mention confused. Looking up at a man--she assumed that's what it was, judging by the deep tone of voice and stature--she tried to see his face, but gave up after a moment. The sun had gone down a short while ago, and twilight had reached the area. She could hardly see her own nose on her face, come to think of it. Pushing herself up she rubbed her wrists thoughtfully. "Thank you for the help... even though I was probably asleep for most of it..." She sighed. What kind of a fighter am I? Falling asleep like that when I could've helped somehow.... Deadweight... that's what I am. Casting her eyes onto the ground, Akamai gave a searching look around the small area, and came up fruitless. "Where are the rest of them? I had a friend with me... an elf. Did she escape?" Her blue eyes stared hopefully at the man, though she knew better than to wish too hard. Kaitryona might very well be dead.

Old 09-20-2003, 01:32 PM   #53
Gulio, Strength of Many

"I'll go find her then," Ilandre said. He concentrated, and shifted into a bajori in a flash of light. He ran in the direction of where the army was, joining the ranks unnoticeably. There was a mass of bajori grouped together. Ilandre guessed that that was where the elf was. He made it over there, squeezing through the huddled group of stinking bodies, to find the elf unconcious. He stood next to her, and blinded the bajori in a flash of light. He grabbed the elf, casting an image of her still being on the ground, and ran.

Old 09-20-2003, 01:45 PM   #54
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

OOC: I'm so confused! Who's who? lol Help meee!

IC: Akamai watched the man run the other direction. What the hell? He'd just been human--to her eyes anyway--not more than ten seconds ago, now he'd suddenly taken on the features of the very creatures she'd been with. A shapeshifter maybe? She brushed away the thought and turned her mind to other matters. Where was Kaitryona? Maybe the man had gone to find her... Still trying to sort things out in her drowzy mind, she slowly followed the man's trail, her usually graceful gait marred slightly by her exhausted limp.

Old 09-20-2003, 03:35 PM   #55
Aewionen
Elf Lord

ooc: Wow, alot has happened! I guess I will just be wandering around in the woods.....yeah..

ic: Alaith sat quietly in a tree, watching all that happened. She followed the two that ran with her eyes until she could no longer see them. She jumped down from the tree and followed them as well, hoping to see what was going on.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 03:50 PM   #56
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Liendo ran towards the elven maid lying on the ground.Pulling out an arrow she knelt down by her, touching the arrows point to her chest. A soothing light came out of it, making hte elf fall into a deep, peaceful sleep.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 04:12 PM   #57
Artarias
Sapling

OOC: Well, here goes my first actual post...

IC: She looks as if she's running to her death, Niko thought while watching from his vantage point on a high
hill. He stood up off the rock he had been sitting on and dusted himself off. "Hm, Bajori," He frowned a little when he picked out their group among the dimming light. Niko shifted his eyes back to the running girl for another moment before shrugging and taking off in a sprint, I don't like Bajori anyway... His sword jostled on his belt as he swiftly ran down the darkening path, trying to catch up with the running girl. She looks sort of like an elf, He thought as he glanced up at her again. He drew his sword as he began to catch up with her. Now he noticed her limping. She must have been attacked before. His face contorted as a fowl smell entered his nostrils. "Well something died here," Niko said to himself. Blood was wafting through
the air. A glinting reflection of the rising moon caught his eye, an arrow. He spotted a Bajori aiming at the running Lynethe. Niko ran directly at him, trying to quiet his steps and raising his sword at an angle. He ran straight in front of the dark creature, swiping at its neck and cutting the head off cleanly. Niko looked backwards and laughed as he saw the body fall to the ground.
Artarias: bah, saplings are so much cooler then hobbits :P they're all... wood and junk and they're, just cool... ok, you win
Artarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 04:21 PM   #58
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Akamai whirled around at the quiet sound of laughter behind her. The silhouette of a person stood out on the hill and she froze. On open territory, she was an easy target, near impossible to miss. Perhaps she should take more care in hiding her steps from now on. Reaching for one of the daggers at her side, she sword. Damn it! They took my weapons... Well, I'll just have to get them back, won't I? Turning on her heel, she spun around and took off in the direction she had been going, smoothing out her run to hide her limp, as well as her shadow. Her feet fell soundlessly on the ground as she traveled, hoping to at least find someone alive.

Old 09-20-2003, 05:15 PM   #59
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yeesh! Silly woman! I thought to myself as the Lynethe ran after the shape shifter [gulio, who plays Illandre]. I [crow] slowly gathered my weapons and went at my own discreet pace behind her, making sure not to be seen.

After a little ways i saw another human [that would be niko] kill off a bajori that was aiming for the Lynethe. I soon came up infront of him and spoke, "It is best if you take out a bow; there are many of them over the hill."

He stopped and pointed his sword at me, I put up my weapons and showed him i meant no threat, and he nodded and took out a bow. We silently stalked near the Bajori camp to find the bajori all huddled about their bussiness. Little did they know that hte 'elf' in question was little more than an illusion caste by the shape shifter. The Man and i nodded and let fly at th camp, slaying many. We silently made our way over and found the Lynethe not that far off, retrieving her weapons from her former captors.

"wait!" The man shouted to her as she spun around to meet us. "We mean no harm!"

"Well, i know that the other man who saved me before,but i have yet to learn his name. I would like yours also."

"My name is Crow." I volenteered to her

"And I am Niko." My new companinon said

"And i am Akamia" the Lynethe said, nodding her head to both of us.

"Your elf friend is over yonder." I pionted to a small place west of where we were and we started to walk over there.

OOC: Hope that clears it up. So Akamia, Crow and Niko are going over to find Illandre and the others.
Old 09-20-2003, 05:26 PM   #60
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

OOC: I could kiss your feet for clearing that up for me, LSP... thanks so much. (It's Akamai, lol) And I'm supposing Niko and Akamai have never seen each other in their lives... all righty! It's perfectly clear now... let me see if I can muddy it up again.

Akamai walked a little off to the side from Niko and Crow. She just wanted to find Kaitryona and leave, go back home. Her hand went to the handle of her whip and she ran her forefingers down it thoughtfully.
"What do you have a whip for?" Niko asked, looking over at her and laughing as she dropped her hand quickly.
"It was a gift."
"Well... that was simple." Crow muttered.
"You didn't ask for a detailed description of my life, and if you had, I would not give it to you."
She turned her gaze forward, and would not answer anything else, nor look at either of the men with her. She was going to find Kaitryona, reach the town of Madelia to speak with commander of the militia, as was her duty for now, and then leave. And she wanted to do it as guickly and smoothly as she could...