Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-09-2003, 06:51 PM   #41
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Anglorfin
...I will maintain that Scorpius is one of the best villians of all time.

On the outside he has had a typical good guy tragic story...
And by this I assume that you think of Scorpius as a hero and not a villan? I see him as an opportunistic villan. I think he was always playing team member when he joined the ship as a means to get John Crighton's worm hole info.

Quote:
... but why the hero status? Well if you were a Peacekeeper trying to "save" the universe from apparently imminent Scarran takeover, you might look at this scientist as your last hope for survival and victory. Despite the methods that he uses, Scorpius is still fighting for a seemingly good cause. He could be known as the man that gave Peacekeepers the weapon they needed to save the universe.
But were the Peacekeepers trying to save the universe? I always saw the struggle between Scarrans and Peacekeepers as a fight for control over space, the planets within that space and rule over the people that lived within that domain. As for the Peacekeeper point of view, if the Scarrans were ultimately defeated, would the Peacekeepers have backed off and allowed the people within the new liberated space to control themselves? I never got that impression.

(Yes, I'm out of town at training/meetings for work. But I'll try to get a little bit of computer time in if I can.)
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 09:03 PM   #42
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Hey Rune! welcome back. Last night I finally got Bombadillo to sit through more than half an episode. I made him watch the series premier and the episode where Chiana comes aboard. He still claims that he doesn't like it though.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 07:36 PM   #43
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Hey Rune! welcome back. Last night I finally got Bombadillo to sit through more than half an episode. I made him watch the series premier and the episode where Chiana comes aboard. He still claims that he doesn't like it though.
Well, I agreed to watch it, didn't I? What do you want from me? I can't help it if it's dumb.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:25 PM   #44
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
I'm not actually back yet. Still here in training-hell. But I've scammed some time to moot and a computer. So, cool.

He doesn't like her because he has only just met her. He needs to watch more episodes in order to get to know her better.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
Well, I agreed to watch it, didn't I? What do you want from me? I can't help it if it's dumb.
We will assimilate you, resistance is futile. oops... wrong show, dude! LOL
You need to watch more to understand her character better. Glad to see you at least tried.
Old 07-14-2003, 07:40 PM   #45
Anglorfin
Alasailon

What I can't remember is who's baby is Aeryn carrying? Didn't she get pregnant around the time where there were two Crichton's?

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Old 07-15-2003, 01:50 PM   #46
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
What I can't remember is who's baby is Aeryn carrying? Didn't she get pregnant around the time where there were two Crichton's?
SHI*!! I forgot about that! I don't remember either.

Do you remember if there was a way to tell the difference? Did anyone find a difference? I can't remember!
Old 07-15-2003, 05:47 PM   #47
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

Hrmm, yeah she did. I never really thought about that either. I think everyone just agreed that both were exactly the same...even though both Crichtons held to the fact that they were the original.
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 06:50 PM   #48
Anglorfin
Alasailon

There was a period after Crichton's death that Aeryn refused to make any contact with the other Crichton. And there was the episode where Aeryn leaves and THEN Crichton learns from Noranti that she was pregnant. Personally I think it was the dead Crichton that got Aeryn pregnant, because it was so much more of a shock to the living one when he found out.

Oyeah and about Scorpy being a hero. The idealistic Peacekeeper belief was that with them as the dominant force, the universe would become peaceful and stable. Although they started out as nothing but mercenary fighters for higher, their ideals way back then were much more "chivalric" than their current practices.

Old 07-15-2003, 07:40 PM   #49
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Celebréiel
Hrmm, yeah she did. I never really thought about that either. I think everyone just agreed that both were exactly the same...even though both Crichtons held to the fact that they were the original.
Yeah.. that bit was funny funny ... "I'm Crichton" "No, I'm Crichton".... LOL
Quote:
There was a period after Crichton's death that Aeryn refused to make any contact with the other Crichton. And there was the episode where Aeryn leaves and THEN Crichton learns from Noranti that she was pregnant. Personally I think it was the dead Crichton that got Aeryn pregnant, because it was so much more of a shock to the living one when he found out.
Yeah.. but she had told him that Peacekeepers had a different 'cycle' and used a birth control... forgot what... and that she was also surprised that she got pregant, and also that she wasn't sure who the father was because an embryo could be in stasis in the body for 7 yrs (I think) and it might not have been Crichton's.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:47 AM   #50
Anglorfin
Alasailon

. . .Derned Sebacean physiology. How is anyone supposed to know who the daddy is? So it coulda have even been Velorek's child. Now THAT would be pretty messed up.

Old 07-17-2003, 02:09 PM   #51
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
. . .Derned Sebacean physiology. How is anyone supposed to know who the daddy is? So it coulda have even been Velorek's child. Now THAT would be pretty messed up.
It's been a while since I've seen those episodes. For some reason, it seems to me that it was actually determined to be Crighton's. But I don't really know why that is, really.

But you are right, if it was Velorek's kid, that would have been messed up.
Old 07-17-2003, 05:27 PM   #52
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Doubtless Noranti had some way of figuring it out. Plus the fact that she knwe Aeryn was pregnant in the first place. She can read minds after all.

What I really wanted to see was another Luxan besides D'Argo. I mean like a whole group of battling Luxans with their tongues flying and everything.

But besides that, is there anything that you would have particularly liked to see in the series? Or wish that the series took a different direction in one part? I mean besides the pregnancy of Aeryn.

Old 07-17-2003, 08:32 PM   #53
Ruinel
Banned

Luxan's fighting and whipping their tongues out? Yeah... that would have been cool. But I think it would have been expensive (costume and makeup) and time consuming (getting the actors into the costumes and having many makeup artists working all at once).

When D'Argo would flick his tongue out, well... O.O ... made me wonder what else he could do with that tongue. Ooops! Keep it pg-13.

I definitely thought that the episode that was all cartoons SUCKED! What were the writers thinking?

I would like to have seen D'Argo meet up with some of his own people... allies. That would have been cool, to see how they interacted with each other. The Luxans reminded me somewhat of the Klingons of Star Trek, but only remotely. Both were great warriors, steeped in tradition and valued honor above all else.

I can't think of anything else at this time. I think on your question some more later. (I'm in Lara Croft mode right now. )
Old 07-18-2003, 02:26 AM   #54
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Funny, I really liked the cartoon one even though most other people seem to hate it. Plus the composer won some type of award for the musical composition in that one.

In one episode D'Argo does meet a Luxan holy woman, but she winds up damaging Moya and ultimately the crew never really believes that she was a good woman (except Crichton and D'Argo of course). But another warrior Luxan would have been awesome.

Old 07-18-2003, 09:24 PM   #55
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

Ah, I totally agree. I was always curious about the Luxans. It really would have been cool to see how other warrior Luxans acted and everything. The Luxan woman was cool to see though.
I think maybe a little more Zhaan And Chiana would have been interesting too.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:44 PM   #56
Anglorfin
Alasailon

By more Zhaan and Chiana do you mean more of their species? Everytime more Nebari were on the show it always wound up with at least one dead. The Nebari as a whole are evil. And the only other time a Delvian or two was onboard Zhaan almost forsook the Seek.

But I really liked the episodes that featured just Chiana's story. I wish there was a little more about Zhaan though. She's always been really mysterious. But I guess Delvians aren't as aggressive as the Nebari when it comes to space travel.

Old 07-19-2003, 03:43 PM   #57
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

Hrmm, not really the species, but now that I think about it that would have been interesting too. But more on their characters, Chiana did have a few good story lines but more would have always been better! And Zhaan, yeah, she was always a mystery.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:54 PM   #58
Anglorfin
Alasailon

AHHHH! We've let this page fester and decompose! I will save it from page two!!

Uhh uh uhhh . . .Gilina is really hot. yeah

Old 07-30-2003, 08:29 PM   #59
Ruinel
Banned

Gilina? who is that? I don't remember who Gilina is.

Zhaan was always mysterious. It was part of her charm. She was a holy woman after all.

The comment about Nebari being evil... hmmm... I think they are highly controlling... but evil? Explain why you would classify them as evil.

Totally off topic, but something I've noticed... Tepal of Enterprise is a bit of a barbie doll in her appearance, IMO... she is quite top heavy, and has very small waste and hips. o.O Just an observation.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:24 AM   #60
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Gilina made her first appearance in episode 1x07 "PK Tech Girl". She was Crichton's first alien kiss. She can only be seen in a few other episodes near the end of season one. I don't want to spoil anything for ya tho so I'll leave it at that.

And as for the Nebari, conformity IS evil!!
They want everything their way. Nobody can acheive that through all honest ways.