Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2003, 09:59 PM   #1
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Tolkien Lover Anonymous 3, The Sil(ly)marillion

OOC: Yay! Awesome ending to Return of TLA guys, and since we're all impatient and the idea is fresh in my head right now I'm gonna start the Sil(ly)marillion right now if that's alright with everybody.

It was a quiet day in the middle of april. The members of TLA were on spring break and their meeting that day was more subdued than usual as they were all recovering from the strain of their previous adventures, however, this unnatural calm was not to last.

Miriam: So... what should we discuss today guys? We've gone over the preliminary parts of your therapy.

there is no answer apart from a few bored shrugs and muttered responses.

Miriam: (getting desperate) Why don't we go over that ancient history you guys wanted to tell me about? Oh for goodness sake! What is wrong with all of you today?!

Tano: I dunno, it's just one of those days.

Earniel: (sneezes) And there's this bug going around.

Renille: We've all got the unpleasent prospect of going back to school next week.

Claenoic: And it raining out.

This just about sums it up and the rest of the TLA seconds these statments. The counselor sighs and looks over to Willow who has been moping in a corner the entire time.

Miriam: You've been awfully quiet today, what's up?

Tano:rollseyes: Ignore her, she's been depressed because she's been banned from middle earth.

Miriam: Huh?

Willow: Remember in the last story we told you? How my evil twin cursed me? I can't move around in middle earth with my own body anymore. And as amusing as it is to be a faerie I want my body back.

Miriam: So, why don't you find a way to break the curse?

Earniel: That's an interesting idea, how would you suggest breaking it? We've tried before, it's been a problem the entire time we've been obsessed.

Miriam: (caught in her own trap she thinks back to all the stories she has ever heard involving curses) Well, she's a fairy, isn't the usual method of breaking curses in fairy tales something along the lines of a kiss from the right person?

Willow: (a little annoyed that she's been mistaken for a fairytale fairy) Only in the immature littlekid versions, it's not that easy in Middle Earth.

Miriam: Why not? I mean, the right person is usually a noble of some sort right? And I seem to remember you saying that you're original body was an elf so wouldn't the right person be of elvish nobility?

Renille: I think maybe it is time we taugt you some ancient history, there are quite a few members of elvish nobility, what are you suggesting, that we persuade every noble elven male to kiss Willow?

Miriam: Well, why not? We'll be around them anyway if you try to teach me about them, and it can't hurt her.

The faerie in question was about to protest this comment when Katt and Human burst in the door

Katt: You'll never believe what we found out!

Claenoic: Try us.

Human: This guy, he built a weird machine that can travel through time and space and he went someplace with it-

Katt: It was all over the news, anyway, we tracked him because we wanted to see where he went-

Human: And he and all his high tech gadgets ended up in middle earth, somewhere during the first or second age, we couldn't quite tell.

Elf Girl: You don't think this'll start the worlds blending together again you?

Morauko: That would be our luck.

Miriam: We're going on another mission again aren't we?

Tano: Probably, this guy, whoever he is, can't be allowed to remain in middle earth, esspecially considering the time in which he arrived there.

Earniel: Which happens to be the time that we wanted to teach you about.

Claenoic: And while we're there it wouldn't hurt to try your idea about the curse.

Renille: To Middle Earth it is then, where shall we start?

Willow: (reluctantly uncurls herself from the corner and fiddles with Vilya, which she has somehow kept) At the beginning would probably be best. I'm familier with the time period to which we'll be going. Is everybody ready for the story to begin?

everybody nods, or shouts their consent.

Very well. (she takes a deep breath and begins as she speaks the room fades and they find themselves standing in a large an infinite void) In the beginning there was Eru, the one, who in Arda is called Illuvatar...
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi