FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-10-2003, 01:36 PM   #41
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith
Yeah, you're right.
I love both, LOTR and Star Wars.
Star Wars caused my Hayden Christensen objection. Hahaha.
did you mean objection there or was that a freudian slip for obsession? I had an objection with him too. *laugh*

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 02:16 PM   #42
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

who do you think is better looking?

hayden christianson (sp?) or Elijan wood?

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 12:49 PM   #43
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Oops....... of course I meant obsession. Was just confusing spanish (objection) and english (obsession). Oops. That happens when you don't write in your own language and try to write without using a dictionary.
Don't make fun of me!!!
Quote:
who do you think is better looking?
Of course Hayden Christensen! What a question.
My friends said Christensen would be the perfect last name for me. Hihihi.
Old 02-11-2003, 12:51 PM   #44
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Another question:
Natalie Portman or Liv Tyler
Old 02-11-2003, 01:24 PM   #45
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Oops....... of course I meant obsession. Was just confusing spanish (objection) and english (obsession). Oops. That happens when you don't write in your own language and try to write without using a dictionary.
Don't make fun of me!!!
Now Julie would I ever make fun of you?

hee hee...

But I dont think you need to worry it was just the word you substituted there was amusing because a lot of people do actually object to Hayden Christiensen as an actor. And anyway if i was to try to say all this in Austrian you would probably be rolling on the floor with laughter now like you were when I tried to speak German that one time.

Old 02-11-2003, 01:34 PM   #46
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Another question:
Natalie Portman or Liv Tyler
Liv Tyler of course.

Old 02-11-2003, 06:09 PM   #47
The Lady of the Wood
Enting

Gollum

lord of the rings!lord of the rings!lord of the rings!lord of the rings!

Quote:
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost,
The old that are strong do not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring!
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be King!

Òevil will always triumph, because good is dumb.Ó

-darth helmet

donÕt count on me to let you know when.donÕt count on me, ill do it again. dont count on me, the point youre missing, donÕt count on me, cause im not listening.

Òyou insult me with your presenceÓ
The Lady of the Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 06:53 PM   #48
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

*chants* STARWARS STARWARS STARWARS STARWARS STARWARS STARWARS

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 11:43 AM   #49
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
But I dont think you need to worry it was just the word you substituted there was amusing because a lot of people do actually object to Hayden Christiensen as an actor.
I couldn't help looking object up in the dictionary and I'm really shocked. l love Hayden and this is really the wrong word for him.
Quote:
Liv Tyler of course.
Really. I couldn't decide but in the end I would say Natalie Portman although I admire (looking up in the dictionary if this is the right word) Liv.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:38 PM   #50
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
I couldn't decide but in the end I would say Natalie Portman although I admire (looking up in the dictionary if this is the right word) Liv.
Well I mean I wouldnt kick either of em out of bed. Dont get me wrong. But I just think theres no contest. Natalie Portman is fine but nothing special. Oh by the way did you know she was recently nominated for worst supporting actress and with Hayden C. for worst screen couple? How embarrassing. But like I was saying one is an ok actress with average looks and the other is the progeny of a rock star and one of the hottest models in the 70's. Plus shes an elf! So how can you top that.

Old 02-12-2003, 01:47 PM   #51
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Oh by the way did you know she was recently nominated for worst supporting actress and with Hayden C. for worst screen couple?
Really? I can't understand that. I loved them both and Hayden is just a brillian actor and Natalie isn't bad either. Who nominated them?
Old 02-12-2003, 01:49 PM   #52
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Now Julie would I ever make fun of you?
Talking about my embarrasing english mistakes. Today I called Tolkien a Christ. How embarrasing. I meant Christian.
BTW (okay that has nothing to do here but I have to ask it): do you know the song Sister Christian from Night Ranger? Do they mean a Christian (Catholic or whatever) or is the name of the girl Christian?
Old 02-12-2003, 02:12 PM   #53
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Really? I can't understand that. I loved them both and Hayden is just a brillian actor and Natalie isn't bad either. Who nominated them?
well brilliant isnt the word that comes to mind....

They were nominated by the The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation which is basically a spoof of the Academy Awards. Same idea except they award the WORST in movies for the year. Check out the full list of nominations.

Old 02-12-2003, 02:21 PM   #54
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
do you know the song Sister Christian from Night Ranger? Do they mean a Christian (Catholic or whatever) or is the name of the girl Christian?
No idea. Maybe some of the teenies here would know.

Old 02-12-2003, 02:51 PM   #55
azalea
Long lost mooter

TEENIES?!? That song came out in 1984! I was a teenie then, and we always took it as her name, but I don't think it was a name they just pulled out of the air, I'm sure they had some reason for picking it.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 03:03 PM   #56
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
TEENIES?!? That song came out in 1984! I was a teenie then, and we always took it as her name, but I don't think it was a name they just pulled out of the air, I'm sure they had some reason for picking it.
oh sorry I just assumed since Id never heard of it that it was just some current pop thing. hey i was a teenie in 1984 too. but i dont remember the song. course then ive always been out of touch...

Old 02-12-2003, 03:52 PM   #57
azalea
Long lost mooter

No, you do remember it, I insist!
Motorin'...Sister Christian oh the time has come and you know that you're the only one to say...okay
It was also on the soundtrack to Boogie Nights, at the part at the end when the guy was dancing to it in his living room (if you saw it).
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 05:46 AM   #58
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
They were nominated by the The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation which is basically a spoof of the Academy Awards. Same idea except they award the WORST in movies for the year. Check out the full list of nominations.
Okay, I don't understand all the nominations for Star Wars. And the comments are very mean.
But I can tell you why I think Hayden IS brilliant. When I first saw Star Wars I really hated him because in the movie he plays a bad character, really arrogant and so on, and I thought he must be very arrogant in real life too. But the same night I saw him in the Tonight Show and there he was so sweet and nice and sympathic that I came to the conclusion that he must be a very very good actor.
(I hope all the words I used are right and that you understand what I mean.)
Old 02-13-2003, 05:50 AM   #59
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

And about Sister Christian:
My Mum said that she knew this song because she heard it in the disco when she was younger.
Quote:
It was also on the soundtrack to Boogie Nights, at the part at the end when the guy was dancing to it in his living room (if you saw it).
Isn't Boogie Nights the movie with Mark Wahlberg?
Old 02-13-2003, 10:59 AM   #60
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
But I can tell you why I think Hayden IS brilliant. When I first saw Star Wars I really hated him because in the movie he plays a bad character, really arrogant and so on, and I thought he must be very arrogant in real life too. But the same night I saw him in the Tonight Show and there he was so sweet and nice and sympathic that I came to the conclusion that he must be a very very good actor.
(I hope all the words I used are right and that you understand what I mean.)
No you make a very good point there. The sign of a good actor is someone who can fool you into despising them as a person because of the character they portray on screen. But the problem was this was supposed to be DARTH VADER as a 17 year old. DARTH VADER! And he came accross as some angst ridden teenie bopper and a lot of people over the age of say 20 had an issue with this. They felt he should have been more brooding and intelligent and leader like. Not this angry child always complaining about not getting his way. I mean theyve got a LOT of work to do to get him to the point where he is the terrifying overlord personality we see in the first three star wars movies. And this may be Lucas's fault more then anyone elses. Christensen (and Portman)were basically cast as kind of a Titanic in space and meant to appeal to the 11-18 crowd. And they could have done a lot more with his character. they should have done a lot more. But I wont say he is a bad acter Ill just say he was used improperly.