Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-15-2003, 11:13 AM   #41
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Sorry, but I believe the descendants of Numenor are rather male-dominated cultures.
Hmmm. Well, can you think of any groups of people who are not male-dominated cultures? I can't.
Doesn't change my hope. I still wish to be a Rangeress.
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 11:18 AM   #42
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Rohirrim, and I believe the Eldar.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 11:31 AM   #43
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Oh yeah. Sorry. *smacks hand on forehead*. I'm on late again- you will notice that whenever I go on around this time it is very late, and my posts reflect the temporary stupidity I am in.
Old 04-15-2003, 01:39 PM   #44
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

My ME equivalent:
I would be a man of Esgaroth Upon the Long Lake. A nice sort of suburban culture there likie I have, and right on the shining waters of the Running River. (and not far from the dwarves of the Lonely Mountain or the Elvenking's hall in Mirkwood)

That or a Brandybuck in Buckland, by the Brandywine River. But I'd be a tall hobbit.

Realistically, I wouldn't make the cut as a Ranger, I would be overly bored in the Shire, and I can't drink so I can't live in Bree. And a beorning, I'm too lanky and flexible and pale.

Last edited by Bombadillo : 04-17-2003 at 12:35 AM.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 01:54 PM   #45
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Lin, After all's said and done....I like being a housewife! (provided my husband is a chunk of masculine heaven! ) So I really would like to be what I picked.

Gwaimer, I was using the word Rohirrim as a description of the men of Rohan. How about "the wife of one of the Rohirrim". Does that suit you better?
Old 04-15-2003, 07:18 PM   #46
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i would obviously be a dwarf of the lonely mountain. I think an axe would be cool and im very greedy
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 07:25 AM   #47
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Lin, After all's said and done....I like being a housewife! (provided my husband is a chunk of masculine heaven! ) So I really would like to be what I picked.
But would want to still be a housewife if you were in ME? Wouldn't you want to be something very fantastical, considering the place you would be in?
Old 04-16-2003, 01:59 PM   #48
azalea
Long lost mooter

I'd be a hobbit, a Fallohide. Most definately.
BUT if I were a "man," I'd probably be the wife of a Beorning.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:47 PM   #49
Elf Girl
Lurker

If I were of the Atani, which I'm not, I would most likely be one of the Numenoreans.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:57 PM   #50
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Poor afro elf. I do believe you specifically said that you weren't asking what everybody would /like/ to be, but what they are in fact the most like.

As much as I hate to admit it, I would most likely be a Noldor. I'm smart and hungry for knowledge- sometimes too much for my own good. I'm also pretty nasty at times, although like Maedhros and Maglor I usually regret it. Sometimes. I'm very skilled with language and art. I'm sometimes contemplative and sometimes hot-tempered. Once I say I'm going to do something, I try to do it even if I may not want to.

Have I mentioned I hate Feanor?
Old 04-16-2003, 04:26 PM   #51
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen
But would want to still be a housewife if you were in ME? Wouldn't you want to be something very fantastical, considering the place you would be in?
Something fantastical? It has been a long time since I thought like that! Hmmmmm, I'd really really like to be Goldberry...a fantastical wife. Not even human either! Very daring for me!

I still like the idea of Bree....Maybe I could be Butterbur's eldest daughter,( let's say he has no sons) so I would inherit the family business. I'd have my pick of several "elgible" bachelors.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:07 PM   #52
miss_poet
Enting

Arwen Undomiel Elf

I would be an elf. I am as graceful and as beautiful as the spring flowers blooming from the ground. I dance with the trees and I run in the valley. The echoes call my name and sing to me. The moon shines down upon my face as if to greet me into the night. I am on with the springs in the forest. I am part of the pools of water in the rain. I capture the hearts of many and I am still know today.
As I look into the sky and sit and watch the stars I think of you. I wonder if you remember me the way I was or the way I am now. I know I will always keep a place for you in my heart. Even though the shadows fall and the darkness enters you will always be with me. I remember one thing about you. Your eyes. I used to look in them like pools of blue water. I could stare at them forever like the dark blue sky on a cloudy night. As I sit here still watching the stars I think of you, but the one thing I remember is your eyes.
miss_poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 06:07 PM   #53
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

It would be cool to be a ranger of the Dúnedain, but I can't see me as one. However, I can see myself as a Gondorian. Unlike the rangers who live in the wilderness, the people of Gondor live in cities, which suits me quite well.
The Gondorians are helpful and they never lie. I'm proud to say that this goes for me as well. Ok, ok I'm not perfect but most of the time I'm helpful and I'm not in the habit of lying, not everyday
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 06:20 PM   #54
Orion
Enting

I think I´d be most like a human. I wouldn´t be a hobbit, because I don´t have careless enough attitude to life, and I´m not an elf, because lol, I´m just lacking the wisdom that most elves seem to have, and I´m not "greedy" enough to be a dwarf.. so that leaves the race of men. The strong sense of responsibility and the seriousness fit to me.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:18 PM   #55
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

. Poor afro elf. I do believe you specifically said that you weren't asking what everybody would /like/ to be, but what they are in fact the most like

Yeah, even you listed Noldor when the question was limited to Hobbit or Human.

I do argree with your assesment of yourself.

Maybe Dunedain for you.

considering Bombadillo's quote

Quote:
would be a man of Esgaroth Upon the Long Lake. A nice sort of suburban culture there, and right on the shining waters of the Running River. (and not far from the dwarves of the Lonely Mountain or the Elvenking's hall in Mirkwood

and Jonathan's

Quote:
It would be cool to be a ranger of the Dúnedain, but I can't see me as one. However, I can see myself as a Gondorian. Unlike the rangers who live in the wilderness, the people of Gondor live in cities, which suits me quite well.
I would might be one from this culture who likes to travel( my intitial Ranger leaning) and learn. Lake town is close to The Elves and Faramir mentions that some Gondorians visit Elves still.

Though I like to travel, I am not wood worthy, so that kills my ranger leanings.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 10:59 PM   #56
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
Okay I AM an elf. There is no possible way I could be anything else. I mean you can't change you race and I'm already an elf so . . .
I know you asked most like but I can't change who I am!

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Aralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 11:01 PM   #57
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
OKay if you really want to know. i'd be Rohhirim cause I'm always with the horses and I love the outdoors and riding.

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Aralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 11:04 PM   #58
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Quote:
Originally posted by afro-elf
[BYeah, even you listed Noldor when the question was limited to Hobbit or Human. [/B]
LOL! I'm horrible, aren't I?

Using LOTR Hobbits and humans, I'd say I'm most like a Gondorian. A lover of lore, like faramir, but with denethor's bad attitude sometimes.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:10 PM   #59
azalea
Long lost mooter

I for one WAS answering AE's question -- I am most like to a Fallohide hobbit. If we're talking about taking our life as we live it now and plunking it in the third age, I guess I'd probably be a woman from the outlying area around Minas Tirith, if I were a "man." (But as far as the lifestyle I prefer, it would still be like a Beorning, but I'm more like Goldberry in demeanor).
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 07:54 PM   #60
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
I'm more like Goldberry in demeanor
Too bad you're married with kids.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote