Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-27-2000, 09:50 PM   #41
Hobbit Hood

Re: I know this is an OLD thread,

Tee Hee! (BTW Sorry about the "Rangergirl" crack, I was just kidding, but you ain't no Hobbit!)

Old 09-27-2000, 11:14 PM   #42
RovingTurtle

Well im very turtle like in nature and I tend to rove quite a bit

Old 09-27-2000, 11:18 PM   #43
DayStar2002

my name... honestly... that is the name my BF likes... thats all

Old 09-28-2000, 03:07 AM   #44
Niffiwan

Came from my favorite character in the game Star Control III; Colony Manager Niffiwan (race: Spathi).
Instead of using the picture of a Spathi that they have in SC3, I used the picture in SC2 which I think looks better for this occasion; hence, my "self-photo".
I posted on a few Star Control boards with this username before I posted here, and I didn't feel like changing it.

Old 09-28-2000, 03:10 AM   #45
Niffiwan

Re: ...

If anyone's wondering, the reason my self-photo and signature didn't show up in that message was because I didn's sign up when I wrote it.

Old 09-28-2000, 01:00 PM   #46
Hobbit Hood

Someone had to overthrow the Dwarven Economic Oppressors!

The Shire will be free!

But until that day, I must needs wear a disguise, and so HOBBIT HOOD was born!

Old 09-28-2000, 01:03 PM   #47
Saruman Brokenwhite

Bah! Dwarves, hobbits!

You will all be my thralls!

<laughter style="maniacal">AAAAHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!</laughter>

Old 09-28-2000, 06:43 PM   #48
dunedain lady

LOL I love the "html"!

Old 09-28-2000, 10:19 PM   #49
Legolas

Go ahead. Guess. I dare you.

Anyone figured it out yet?

Legolas

Old 09-29-2000, 11:33 PM   #50
GlaurungTheGold

i'll give you all three guesses!

the name sounds familiar, legolas, but i can's quite place it.... was it a monty python character by any chance?

Old 09-30-2000, 01:02 AM   #51
Shanamir Duntak

lol...
I didn't chose my name... My father Reagan, gave it to me at birth. My mother I don't remember, she died in the great black plague.

Old 09-30-2000, 02:48 AM   #52
RovingTurtle

Gil = scary multi personalities

Old 09-30-2000, 03:28 PM   #53
Xivigg

my User name came from my favorite npc from Vampire the masquarade

Old 09-30-2000, 05:49 PM   #54
noldo

I got my username checking the character files on several LotR-sites. Some characters, like Gildor and Galadriel, were of this Elven race called Noldor. I didn't want a character name so I took "noldo", the singular form of Noldor.

And no, I hadn't read the Sil yet.

Old 09-30-2000, 07:28 PM   #55
ArwenUndomiel02

mine's a bit obvious i think, but besides being from Lotr, Galadriel24 gave it to me when i was helping on Lothlorien(www.ltgw.cjb.net). Plus, i like it!

Old 10-02-2000, 11:09 AM   #56
Shanamir Duntak

Personnaly, I don't like username with numbers in it. I tried to take Shanamir when registering but it was already taken. Instead of adding a number, I prefered to add a last name.

Old 10-08-2000, 12:49 PM   #57
donut dunker

mine basically came from dunkin donuts

Old 10-08-2000, 01:30 PM   #58
anduin

It's the COPS....everyone RUN, hide the pipeweed!!!

Welcome to Entmoot.

Old 10-09-2000, 02:16 PM   #59
X Rogue

My username is fairly obvious from my sigpicture below....Rogue from the Xmen comics. I got the name because I belong to an online gaming clan (also on ezboard) called the Xmen, to which I was introduced by my hubby. He plays as Gambit, so I was inducted as Rogue because they are together in the comics. Or were at that time anyway. I don't think this is entirely fair as the Gambit character is Cajun and hubby is not-but I am part cajun myself. However I have a policy that while I like the anonimity of the net, I must at least present as female. Ooops, sorry for the babble.

Old 10-09-2000, 07:51 PM   #60
SarahStar

My current very boring, supremely non-creative username came into being for a very specific reason.

My old AOL SN, which I came up with when I very first got on the internet and so didn't know any better, consisted of my initials and a nickname which I have since outgrown. (It was sort of a joke nickname anyway. And hideously misspelled. We thought it was cute at the time. ::shudder:: )

Now, as I am sure everyone here has noticed, people tend to choose abbreviated forms of usernames/screen names/whatever to use in conversation. I got really, really tired of being called "SET" or "Set". "Starz" was even worse. ::shudder:: I will answer to two things: either my actual name, Sarah, or the callsign of my most-used sim character, Star. (The name "Star" is also my sort of all-purpose, can't-think-of-anything-better, and I'm-already-used-to-responding-to-it RPG name.) Therefore, when I needed a general EZBoard username in order to start a message board for my Star Wars RPG group, I simply stuck together the two names I wouldn't mind being called.

Now, of course, I keep being called "SarahStar". It just figures. At least it's better than "Starz" as it doesn't make me look illiterate.