Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-13-2003, 08:21 PM   #41
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

<I don't like this!> said Saphira. <We're fine!> <No, we have to go back!> Saphira grabbed Eragon by the shirt again, and carried him back into the cave. <Saphira! Put me down!> just as they were about to step in, Eragon heard an arrow whizzing overhead. <Go Saphira!> he urged. The leapt into the cave and laid her friend down, glaring at him. <Now will you listen to me?< She asked. <Yes, i'm sorry.> eragon said, glad that he had the dragon with him.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 08:28 PM   #42
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
Nyaki and Siuahn both woke with a start as Saphira threw herself inside the cave. On her feet in an instant, Siuahn tried to figure out what had happened. Another arrow flew into the cave, hiting a rock and richocheting off. Nyaki's tail flicked it away the way a horse's tail whips a fly. Looking down at Eragorn. "I should've said something before you left. Can you use that blade of yours?" He shook his head urgently and Siuahn nodded. "Right then, that's what I'll teach you first if we can make it out of here alive... without half the village at our heels. Come on, get on your feet!"

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 08:30 PM   #43
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Eragon slipped his new leggings on, and fastened Zar'roc to his waist. He hoped she wouldn't make him ride. "Where are we going, and how?" he asked.

Old 10-13-2003, 08:36 PM   #44
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Noting the apprehensive look on Eragon's face, Siuahn looked back towards the far end of the cave. There had been another entrance, but she had Nyaki close it up to prevent anyone sneaking in. <Nyaki! Remember tha boulder I had you move when we first cam here?> <Yes... Why?> <Move it! And quickly!> The dragon went to do as she was told quickly, and the grating of stone on stone sent shivers up Siuahn's spine. "Eragon, take Saphira through that tunnel. It will lead you out to the other side. I'll have Nyaki close it up again behind the pair of you. We'll meet you in by dawn at least. Ther will give you a few hours." "What about you and Nyaki?" She took a large piece of wood from the fire and handed it to him, pushing him through the tunnel with a rushed, "She's too big, and I'm not leaving her, now go!" After him and Saphira had disappeared into the darkness, she had Nyaki seal the passage again. The two of them made brief eye contact, and Siuahn's laughter echoed through the cave. <Don't have too much fun.>

Old 10-13-2003, 08:40 PM   #45
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

<Hop on my back!> said Saphira. <Don't worry, i won't go fast, I won't even fly, i just wanted you close by.> she lifted him onto her shoulders. He clung to her neck. <I wonder how long the tunnel is?> he thought. They heard thegrating of stone behind them as she fled the tunnel. They walked for a long time, till finally reached the other side.

Old 10-13-2003, 11:01 PM   #46
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Nyaki's roar shook the mountain, as Siuahn swung up onto her back. Their pursuers had fled in fear, after managing a small attack on the woman. Siuahn slid her broadsword into its sheath over her shoulder. With a powerful stroke of her wings, Nyaki lifted off the ground and wheeled around the mountain, emitting yet another roar. Siuahn slumped in the saddle, nursing her side, where the broken shaft of an arrow jutted. Another had nicked her arm, and she barely felt the blood slowly running down to her fingers. Nyaki made a low whimpering noise as she flew, sensing Siuahn's pain. <Siuahn...> <I'm fine, Nyaki. Keep going. I'm not going to desert Eragon or Saphira.> The dragon snorted frustratedly, sending thin tendrils of smoke from her nostrils. <When we find them, I'm not letting you on your feet. Do you understand me?> <Yes, yes, Nyaki. I understand...> Siuahn kept her mind on other things until they reached the old valley. No one but the dragons knew of it... at least that's what Nyaki said. The Valley of the Dragonkin.

OOC: I think that ought to set everyone up for our meeting. Have fun!

Old 10-14-2003, 06:18 AM   #47
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Banuien stood, her arms folded before the end entrance to the tunnel. She showed not the slightest hint of the anxiety she felt when she heard a loud dragon's roar somewhere deep inside the mountain. Suddenly a dragon with cobalt eyes and deep cerulean scales emerged with her rider from the tunnel. The dragon growled and bared her teeth, but Banuien remained motionless, the rider staring at her uncertainly.

<You are Eragon?> Banuien asked. She didn't wait for a reply. <Come; we must go before Saphira is sighted.> At the sight of Eragon's remaining hesitance, Banuien sighed and pulled up her left sleeve. <I am a dragon rider,> she declared, showing him the silvery mark at the fold of her arm. <Or at least I was; my dragon was slaughtered by Galbatorix. I am a friend of Brom's,> she added urgently. She seemed to think a moment. <I have been alive many years – I do not need a rider's mark to prolong my life;> she flicked back her ebony plait, revealing high, delicate pointed ears – verifying Eragon's suspicions that she was an Elf. <And by my years I have seen evidence that would have me providing you with that sword.> she eyed Eragon pensively. <It is Zar'roc, is it not? I left it in Brom's keeping after I fought in the Battle between the Riders and Galbatorix after my own dragon was killed. I myself received it of Eragon, the first of the dragon riders; he was of my closest friends, but perhaps it is more favourable to the course of history that I did not die of grief at his passing. But that itself is yet to be determined;> She said all this steadily, without showing the slightest hint that she had ever felt any such emotion. <For I was sent to train you and hone your skills as a dragon rider – it shall not be so, young master, if you further refuse to move.> Banuien's last words were so forceful and authoritative that Eragon gave in to her will and followed her into the forest.

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 09-14-2005 at 05:04 AM.
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 07:28 AM   #48
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:I've been gone a day and you post all that?! I'll post some background then go to the valley of the dragonkin.

IC:
<Cream! Hurry up will you?> I screamed in my mind. <I don't see why I should your village knows of, and yet they do nothing to stop my exsitence.> Camnete thought to me rather cockily. <Will you tell me the stroy of how you found my again please?> <Very well. I was walking along the frozen riverwhen I stumbled over a white rock. I thought it was a frozen stone so I brought it home. My father knew that it was really a dragons egg but that you were dead because your egg was frozen. I belized him so I kept you in the cold so ?I wouldn't defrost you and make the stone less pretty. You hatched 3 days later and I got a silver mark on my left hand.> <I like that stor...> A crash and a crunch is heard nearby. <Cream what was that?> <I don't know I was hoping you wuold.> More crashes. <Perhaps we should leave Terin.> "Girl! we have you surrounded! Come out! We won't hurt you we only want the dragon!" A strange man in black was yelling at Terin. <Terin?> <Yes?> <I do believe it is time to put to use what we have been praticing.> <I think you are right. Lets go!> Camnete allowed her to step on his foot and then he lifted her up. A flash of smoke and one of the few trees that could servive these harsh climates went up. It reviled(sp?) many men. <Cream! We're out numbered!> Sudenly an arrow wizzed past Camnete's head and struck Terin in her side. <Terin! Don't worry I'm taking us were we will be safe!>
later...
<Terin, wake up. We are in The Valley of the Dragonkin.><Camnete? Is that you? I can't see. Hold me I'm so cold.> Camnete let out a scream that brought sevral people and their dragons running.

OOC:I'm counting on you guys to save me. I like dramatic entrances, did I do a good job?
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 07:41 AM   #49
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Banuien heard somewhere in the distance a piercing scream: the voice belonged to a dragon, male, about three leagues away. She turned to Eragor and Saphira.

<Come on,> she urged them; she felt Saphira pick her up gently with her teeth and seat her on her back, and they swiftly made towards the source of the screaming.

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-15-2003 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:06 AM   #50
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

OOC: This isn't going to be a legitimate post... (Sorry Pip! lol I know how you hate that.) I only have so much time before my dad wakes up. Sneaky sneaky. Anywho, I'm going to be setting up a little discussion thread, so that we can all talk about that's going on in there. I don't know about you guys (and gals) but I can get might confused... very easily. (Just ask Fim.) Hope you all don't mind. See ya later today... 'er my time anyway. Love ya all!

-Akai-

^--- As Pip has so affectionately named me ^_^ hehe, bye!

Old 10-14-2003, 05:11 PM   #51
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

yrp!

Eragon could barely breathe, he felt faint. An elf stood before him, speaking to him. His head swam. 'Brom knows an elf?' he thought. He stared as she sat beside him on HIS dragon! "I-I've never net an elf before." he said blankly. Saphira leapt into the air, though not too high. Eragon shreiked, though tried to keep his dignity. The elf conformed her body to the movements of Saphira as he bounced clumsily. They landed by another dragon and a girl, who seemed ingured.

Old 10-14-2003, 06:59 PM   #52
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn shifted her weight suddenly to keep herself from sliding out of Nyaki's saddle as the dragon took an abrupt turn. A scream had rent the air only moments before, making her head ring. <What was that?> Siuahn asked groggily, removing her hand from her side. <A dragon...> Suddenly Siuahn sat up, tense and alert. <Sapihira? Is it her?> <No. Another one... Too upset to talk... I doubt that my voice is even breaking through to him.> Siuahn allowed herself to relax a bit. <It must be something awful to have him so distressed... I can almost feel it from here...> <It's his rider... She's injured.> <Another one?! Hurry, Nyaki. Go with all speed that you possess. If she is hurt, we must do what we can. Remember, our numbers grow smaller.> Nyaki gave a few powerful strokes with her wings, sending the pair of them hurtling over the valley in search for the source of the scream. <They're not dwindling, Siuahn. They're growing. Or can't you count?> <Oh hush, just keep going... Wait, I think I see Saphira...> Nyaki let out a low rumble and swept in low. Siuahn could see the dragon's blue scales glinting with every movement she made. <Then they are safe...>

OOC: Don't know what I'm doing! Bwahahaha

Old 10-14-2003, 07:28 PM   #53
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
<Terin!! You can't die! You just can't! You've never seen my river!> <Cream? Tell me about again. The river, I mean.> <Of course I will. Then you can come with me to see it. It's sparkly blue and runs all year. Unlike your river that gets frozen all the time...Terin? I thikn there's someone coming. Look they'll help you you'll get bet...Terin?> "Dragon stand aside! I'm going to help her. My name is Banuien, I have elvish medicine." <If you hurt her Elf I will kill you!> "Relax you are one of the more temperamental dragons aren't you?" Banuien said as removed the arrow and cleaned the wound. "Don't worry Banuien will take of everything. And she is a dragonrider she will be strong." Siuahn said because Eragon was just standing there staring.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 08:22 PM   #54
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn looked up at the white dragon, with a sympathetic smile on her face. <What's does she call you?> She raised her hand tentatively to stroke his nose, making sure it was allowed. Banuien was busying herself helping the wounded young woman, and Eragon was still standing around, gazing at everyone in turn. <Siuahn! Get over here and lay down, right now. You're hurt.> <Nyaki, stop worrying yourself. Your scales will lose their shine if you don't.> The dragon stomped her foot irritatedly. <I don't care about my scales. If you die, who will I have to keep safe?> Siuahn grimaced at the tone in Nyaki's voice. If she died, so would the dragon, it was inevitable. Carefully sitting down on the ground, Siuahn motioned for Nyaki and the other dragon to do the same. Nyaki curled up beind her Rider, letting the woman use her as back rest, and laid her head in Siuahn's lap. <I'll be fine, Nyaki. Don't worry...> <I can't help but do anything else...>

Old 10-14-2003, 09:41 PM   #55
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"Siuahn! You're safe!" said Eragon, happy to see the only face that was somewhat familiar. "You're hurt," he said, examining her wound. "Here, let me help." he said bending over her. Someone tried to stop him, "I'm not useless! Brom taught me something," he snapped, searching his mind for the right word. "Waise heill!" he said holding his gedwey ignasia over the wound. The silver mark glowed as the skin slowly covered the gash. He stood, looking at the staring people. "Like I say, I'm not usless." Eragon shrugged.

Old 10-14-2003, 09:51 PM   #56
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn smiled gratefully at him. "I'm glad to see you got here all right. I trust Banuien kept you out of too much trouble, eh Eragon?" She sat up a little and peered over the elf's shoulder. "Anyone know where she came from? Or who she is?" <Her name is Terin...> Siuahn's heard swivled quickly to eye the white dragon. <And you are?> <Camnete. Who are you?> Siuahn indicated the elf leaning over Terin. <That's Banuien... The man beside me is Eragon, and I am Siuahn. The blue dragon, well I'm sure you alread know both their names, but one she is Saphira, and this one behind me is Nyaki...> Camnete stared at them all cautiously, his eyes evaluating them. No one said anything for a while, and the silence grew awkward and tension-filled.

Old 10-14-2003, 09:59 PM   #57
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

three months the dragon hatched....
<The saddle is ready> thought Raven with satisfaction. Her dragon saddle was many layered leather, with silver trappings, turqouise stones, and silver stirrups. The straps, were thrice layered leather songs.
<Here we go.> She put the saddle on her dragon, and climbed up.<Let us go Glenadrin>

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 10:05 PM   #58
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

A man's voice broke the silence. "Ah, Eragon, I see my friend Banuien kept you well!" Brom placed his hand on Eragon's shoulder. "Brom? What next? You are friends with elves, speak in my head, appear out of no where!" Eragon said, though he was happy to see his friend. "I used magic Brom! I healed Suiahn's wound!" Eragon said happily looking for approval. A serious expression came on Brom's worn face. "You really shouldn't do that, Eragon. You are young, and don't know what magic can do!" This upset Eragon, 'Why isn't he happy for me?' "Some magic can kill you, draining all your strength. Magic takes alot of energy. Did you not feel tired after healing that wound?" he asked. "Yes, I thought it was just because I was worn out." Eragon replied. "Some magic, like trying to bring people from the dead-" Eragon looked amazed. "Yes, it is possible, but it would kill you." He stood quiet. <Brom is right> said Saphira. Eragon threw her a glance. "How did you get here?" He asked. "I have my ways," Brom smiled, turning to Banuien. "Thank you my friend." he said.

Old 10-14-2003, 11:58 PM   #59
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Banuien smiled and embraced Brom. "It is wonderful to see you again," she exclaimed. She took a strip of beige linen from a pouch at her side, and, squeezing the dew of a long citrus-smelling leaf onto the fabric, bound Terin’s shoulder tightly. She observed Brom and Eragon for several moments, and seeing the hurt look in Eragon's eyes that had sprung when Brom had chided him, said gently:

"It is noteworthy that he managed to heal a wound with so little training in magick," she told Brom. "Not many could have done such, not to mention the energy that remains in him. Not without the proper training." She studied Eragon’s fair face for a few more instants. "And it is my thought," she mused, "that if you are willing to teach him such enchantment and spellcraft, the blame is, in fact, largely owed to you."

Banuien smiled at Eragon and bowed. "I praise your talent in these magicks," she said. "But do bear in mind, carelessness often leads to terrible ends. You would not wish your training to be cut off before it is begun, would you?" she added with a half-smile.

S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
i Elestel i en tulia me
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-19-2003 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:00 AM   #60
zone
Elven Warrior

Hey Pip should i join this rpg?