Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-13-2004, 09:12 PM   #41
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Hey, cool Chrys! I added it to the character bios at the beginning.

Now we just need Valandil's character information.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 12:39 AM   #42
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

What if the Ents of the forest were actually Entwives? To non-Ents who had not seen both together, the mistake is certainly possible. This could work unless it messes up any other ideas Legoles might have had for them.

We could do a future plotline for them. Like Pansy could mention something to Pippin, and he would remember what Treebeard said. So what do you think Legoles and everyone?
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 03-14-2004, 02:41 AM   #43
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Sweet. I'll be gone most of next week, so godmod away! Rorin doesn't say much, anyways.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 05:13 AM   #44
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

No worries, check the recap when you get back and you'll be all set.

Good luck!
Quote:
Old 03-14-2004, 09:17 PM   #45
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

How about both ents and entwives? Whoo queen of comprimise!

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:35 AM   #46
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Sure! (Hail the Queen.)

Where did the Ents come from? Are they another race of Ents Treebeard didn't know about?

I was thinking the Entwives could be the ones that were driven from the Brown Lands. They could have met up with the other group of Ents.
Quote:
Old 03-23-2004, 11:30 AM   #47
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

OK, I threw a new twist into the scene at Dunharrow!

And Nurv, here's my character summary for your update:

Name: Celebreg
Race: Men - Numenorean descent
Height: 6'-6"
Occupation: In the service of King Elessar, under his father, who is the Warden of Arnor

General Description: tall, slender, dark brown hair and gray eyes
Clothes / Weapons: varies by time and place - comfortable with most weapons of the time, usually carries a sword - when traveling, often wears gray cloak of the Northern Dunedain, with rayed star for a brooch
Skills: tracking, riding, fighting (pers combat + strategy & tactics), construction, administration

Short Bio: One of the 'Gray Company' of Rangers who rode with Halbarad to meet Aragorn in Rohan, along with his father and one of his brothers. His father is now 'Warden of Arnor' - in charge of re-building the old northern kingdom. Celebreg is third oldest among his brothers, so sees little prospect of 'inheriting' his father's station - and feels the need to distinguish himself otherwise. Still un-married, not unusual for a Ranger of his age.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!

Last edited by Valandil : 03-24-2004 at 04:38 AM.
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 12:03 PM   #48
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Name: Faligorn
Race: Men part Numenorean
Height: 5'-10"

General Description: very long brown hair and brown eyes, fairly tall, healthy complexion, looks regal
Clothes / Weapons: Silver and Steel armour, long black cloak with hood, carries 2 long swords, 4 short knives, 2 daggers (in boots) and a bow and quiver of arrows
Skills: skilled at many things, accomplished warrior, diplomat, tracker

Short Bio: Son of Feregon, who fought in War of the Ring, always rides with his personal guard, of 10 men, Azgarron, his lietenant, Ninphal, his messenger, and the 8 captains of Lebennin Legion of the Royal Gondorian Army, he rides a large black horse named Firefoot

thought it was about time i posted a proper bio of my character!!
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 10:38 PM   #49
Aewionen
Elf Lord

sorry I havent been on in a while, my computer wouldn't work. I hate to say this (because this RPG is really good!!) but I'm gonna have to drop out. sorry! I will probably read it though Bye!
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)

Last edited by Aewionen : 03-24-2004 at 04:02 PM.
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 05:38 PM   #50
Valandil

Theoden

Hi Nurvi... thanks for posting again... sorry I forgot to get to it yesterday (pre-occupied with my 'Fall of Numenor' posts... reading them?)

(EDIT: oh - you can post a bit more if you like - speak for the orphans, name them, etc)

Say... your boxy-box is full - so I sentcha an email! Also put this in the 'Messages' thread, but don't think you saw it.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 03-25-2004, 05:42 PM   #51
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

question for valandil:

my character is 2nd council to king elessar, would it b possible that you and me would know each other, when you finally make it to our group?
Old 03-25-2004, 05:42 PM   #52
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Eep! I'll clean out my litte- PM box.

This is the first place I read your message. It's nice to see people using the discussion thread.

I completely love your ideas about the orphans. We can play them together. Actually, I think it would be better if we did it that way - I already have a lot of characters, and if we shared there would be more flow and continuity to the story.

What should we name them? You're good at stuff like that, do you want to come up with some good Rohirrim names? (I liked your backstory btw.)

Where do they want to go? Maybe we could take them to Minas Tirith.
Quote:
Old 03-25-2004, 05:49 PM   #53
Valandil

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel

I completely love your ideas about the orphans. We can play them together. Actually, I think it would be better if we did it that way - I already have a lot of characters, and if we shared there would be more flow and continuity to the story.

What should we name them? You're good at stuff like that, do you want to come up with some good Rohirrim names? (I liked your backstory btw.)

Where do they want to go? Maybe we could take them to Minas Tirith.
Orphans: OK - I'll work on some 'Rohirrim' names... as I see it, they could either go to Minas Tirith, try to settle in either Ithilien, back home in the Westfold, or up around Annuminas (those 'land grants' I mentioned)... OR, if we figure out a way to make them useful... maybe they just stay in the adventure for some reason. Whatever.

What were you referring to: my 'backstory'?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 03-25-2004, 05:52 PM   #54
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

Quote:
Originally posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
question for valandil:

my character is 2nd council to king elessar, would it b possible that you and me would know each other, when you finally make it to our group?
u must have missed my question, val
just bringing it back up
Old 03-25-2004, 05:53 PM   #55
Valandil

Quote:
question for valandil:

Yes... I was thinking about that lately, and meaning to ask YOU about it... if you're Second (is 'Consul' a better word?) to King Elessar, that means you've passed either Faramir or Imrahil, right? And you didn't even fight in the War yourself? Hmmm... my character wonders if you're 'putting on airs'!

Seriously, I wonder if it would be a bit more realistic for him to be 'stepped-down' a bit socially. That was sort of why I made Celebreg a third son... he feels he's got to prove himself, plus, he's 'expendable' enough that he can go galavanting around the countryside... royal / noble parents were more particular about their first-borns in that regard... had to preserve the heir who was next in line to whatever title.

Just something you may want to think about. I'm willing to go with whatever though.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 03-25-2004, 05:57 PM   #56
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I agree Val. As a general RPG rule, I feel the story is more intersting if people have to "work their way up".

At least nobody is having those ridiculous "No, my sword is larger, see?" discussions.

About the orphans Val, all your ideas sound good.
Quote:
Old 03-25-2004, 05:58 PM   #57
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

i only say 2nd counsel as lebennin is near to Minas Tirith, but obviously i wouldnt be above farmir, who is steward, and prince of ithilien

but i am too young to have played an active part in the war, i was one of the kids still at minas tirith when pippin and gandalf came, just sort of shooting orcs from the battlements with bow and arrow

although my father feregon fell in war of ring, at battle of cormallen field, outside black gate, that is when i became lord of lebennin

EDIT: but i think my people are a bit stepped down socially anyway, as lebennin is mainly farming area, isn't it?

Last edited by Last Child of Ungoliant : 03-25-2004 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:00 PM   #58
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

That all sounds fine to me. Maybe Valandil will think of the appropriate title for that. (Sorry to delegate so much, you're just the appendix expert! )

Maybe you could just say that you're one of King Elessar's councillors? You would hold the same sort of rank as say, the Lord of Lossarnach.
Quote:
Old 03-26-2004, 06:35 AM   #59
Valandil

Quote:
i only say 2nd counsel as lebennin is near to Minas Tirith, but obviously i wouldnt be above farmir, who is steward, and prince of ithilien

but i am too young to have played an active part in the war, i was one of the kids still at minas tirith when pippin and gandalf came, just sort of shooting orcs from the battlements with bow and arrow

although my father feregon fell in war of ring, at battle of cormallen field, outside black gate, that is when i became lord of lebennin

EDIT: but i think my people are a bit stepped down socially anyway, as lebennin is mainly farming area, isn't it?
Hmmm... again, wonder if you'd want to re-think who you are. For one, Prince Imrahil of Dol Amroth would have been VERY high in the counsel of Elessar. For another, if you're actually the Lord of Lebennin, you might be derelict in your duty to be running around the country on a matter like this... with position comes responsibility - and I think the responsibilities of the Lord of one of Gondor's provinces would be quite demanding. All the more so for the King's #2 man. Any chance of being a 2nd or 3rd son? Or a 'dis-inherited' son? Wrongfully accused / shamed / whatever??

For nomenclature, I think either 'consul' or 'councillor' is more appropriate to describe a person - but, sorry Nurv, I'm not sure what the best Gondorian term would be.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 03-28-2004, 07:09 AM   #60
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Not sure eh Val? It must not be in the Appendicies... or is it..?

What do you think Chrys? I hope you don't feel that Valandil and I are picking on you. We certainly don't have that intent.
Quote: