Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2002, 02:06 PM   #41
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I would choose Middle Earth, or Discworld, or Velgarth, or the David Eddings world that the Belgariad takes place in or even an alternate universe to this world. However, since I haven't seen any convinient doorways that open into those worlds I'll be content with making up my own world, the one that I first made up when I was five and that has refused to leave my head.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 02:58 AM   #42
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Well, I'd want to be a Hitchhiker roaming the Galaxy with Ford, Arthur, Trillian, Zaphod. I'd be Random. This, of course would all be before 'the end' (I'll leave it at that for those of you who haven't read the whole hitchhiker series by Douglass Adams)

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Katt_knome_hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 11:05 AM   #43
Faeirex
Hobbit

Location: A place inside my head, where none but myself dare go.
I'd choose...

Apart from the inconvenience of carbon-based lifeform eating thread falling every couple of weeks, I could totally deal with living on Pern. Dragons, dragons, dragons...

Thread appears to be the only hazard there, everything else is wonderful. No pollution, no cities of any sort, gathers (basically a Fete) every Sunday, Dragons, fire lizards, horse racing, lots and lots of music etc.

It's a life I think I could really enjoy.
Hmmmm, better start building that spaceship...

~Fae
Am becoming disenchanted with palantir guy. Refuses to send me photo, except of one v. large eyeball. Says he is shy but I rather suspect he is fat, or perhaps hairy. Have heard some v. bad stories about palantir relationships. Should probably cool it for a while.

Well, wouldn't you know, palantir guy turned out to be Dark Lord of Mordor. Just my luck. Could have been worse, I guess. Sauron not far or hairy, just disembodied force of evil. Must go now, have to raise massive demon army to scourge the earth. Also, have manicure appointment. Is no easy task keeping nails pointy.

Am tired of climbing up and down eight million stairs just to taunt Gandalf. Should have imprisoned him in easy-access dungeon where could taunt more effectively, and would not have to wait until after breakfast.

Have crossed orcs with goblin men in caverns below Isengard. V. tedious experience as orcs and goblin men most reluctant to breed, even with dinner and flowers. Next time will try something easier, such as breeding goblins and cheerleaders to create super-perky army that can travel by day and will not complain about pink uniforms.

Did not know when decided to make demon army for Sauron that would be so darn messy. Curse my decision to be Saruman the White. Should have decided to be Saruman the Muddy Brown, or Saruman the Faintly Greenish. White just shows all the slime.
Faeirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 01:28 PM   #44
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Faeirex
Apart from the inconvenience of carbon-based lifeform eating thread falling every couple of weeks, I could totally deal with living on Pern. Dragons, dragons, dragons...

Thread appears to be the only hazard there, everything else is wonderful. No pollution, no cities of any sort, gathers (basically a Fete) every Sunday, Dragons, fire lizards, horse racing, lots and lots of music etc.

It's a life I think I could really enjoy.
Hmmmm, better start building that spaceship...

~Fae
Faeirex, I totally agree w/ u. PERN ALL THE WAY!!!! I get to impress a dragon!!! can I come w/ u in your spaceship???!!!!!
LOD
I am Morwen, Lady of Darkness.

Her head was bowed,
from all the tears and pain,
but she would rise again
Lady of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 05:01 PM   #45
Polkat
Enting

Location: yateley which is a small and rather boring town in england!
i don't know

pern's pretty cool but what about the starwars universe?

[i am allowed to talk about that on this forum?]

just to be safe i'll move swiftly on.........or if that fails i'd like to live in tortal please. but only if i'm gifted. would feel ripped off if i had no magic powers.
Old 05-30-2002, 06:19 PM   #46
Laredith
Enting

Man! You people have read way more than me! I've just read LotR, Hitchhikers Guide, I've seen StarWars, and CON! *goes out to the library to get more books*
Laredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 04:30 AM   #47
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Good question!

Well, let's see now . . .

1) Middle Earth w/ Frodo
2) Harry Potter Universe
3) Earthsea
4) Middle Earth without Frodo
5) Star Wars
6) Hitchhiker's Guide

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 11:49 AM   #48
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

I am living in my dream world. I just saw my fav. movie for the 1000000000000th time. HEHEHEHE PERN!!!!!!!!(not movie) only 12 more days of school!!!!!! I still choose pern. I don't care that it'll take 15 years to get there. I wanna go!!*starts to cry*(sorry about that *grins shyly*)
HWHEHEHEHEHEHEEH
LOD
I am Morwen, Lady of Darkness.

Her head was bowed,
from all the tears and pain,
but she would rise again
Lady of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 09:24 PM   #49
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

If I had a one way trip to the universe of my choice...

1)Middle Earth in the second age-the lotr/silmarillion.
2)The marvel universe-marval comics
3)That galaxy far, far away- Star wars.
4)A world that couldn't possibly exist -the Belgariad.
5)Narnia-circa the beginning of the Magician's Nephew.

You're smart people-why don't you try and figure out my reasons.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:01 PM   #50
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Arda (LOTR), Star Wars Galaxy (Probably Coruscant or Naboo), Narnia (I don't care! I want to live there! Cookie trees... yum! I'd take candy and plant them at random areas and watch my trees grow ), and Harry Potter's Universe.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 03:23 PM   #51
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Quote:
Originally posted by Claenoic
Arda (LOTR), Star Wars Galaxy (Probably Coruscant or Naboo), Narnia (I don't care! I want to live there! Cookie trees... yum! I'd take candy and plant them at random areas and watch my trees grow ), and Harry Potter's Universe.
Star Wars most definately cool, think that I'd follow the Rouges around though.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 08:33 AM   #52
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

I haven't really read much but I believe nobody has yet mentioned the lands of The Wheel of Time?
Old 07-07-2002, 02:38 AM   #53
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
My first choice would be Middle Earth, then Star Wars, or in the land from' Popular Myth Conceptions' and the other books.

In Middle Earth:I would live in the Shire in the summer/spring and in the fall/winter I would live in Rivendell. I would wander everywhere Gandalf, Frodo,Strider etc. did. I would learn at least one elvish language fluently, visit Fangorn, Bombadil, and Galadriel(if the elves and everyone never left and it just stayed nice like that the whole time;apart from the occasional quest of course).

In Star Wars: I would go to Luke's Jedi academy, and learn from him(He's my fav character now).In my spare time I would do crazy stuff with Han and Chewie.

The other one(I don't want to retype all that): Sign on as Aahz's apprentice, find a dragon as cute as Gleep is, and get myself one of those war unicorns!

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 08:54 PM   #54
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

i would go to middle earth, i don't ceer about any evil charicters, and anyways, lots of evil has been driven out of middle earth! i would have to go back to its achent history though, not just to it now... you know, to all of the other places on the other side of the world as it is now (tolkiens books was in its imaginary tim line of anchent history). i really wont to go soooooooo badly! it would be so much fun! can any body send me there? if my sister reads this by some odd chance and can get me to the third age of middle earth, then i promise that i will never come back! i would just happily marry sam before rose dose, or after she dies, and never see you or any body else again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! i want to go:

send me to middle earth! now i want to go even more then i did before! *tear, sob*

SAMY, I LOVE YOU, COME VISIT ME SOE TIME, OR I'LL TRY TO FIND YOU!!!

I LOVE YOU SAM!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 09:59 PM   #55
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

middle earth middle earth middle earth!!!! before after and during the war of the ring, cuz i would want to fight! and legolas.

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 08:53 PM   #56
Khadrane
Elf Lord

Middle-Earth for me too!

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 02:29 PM   #57
Reumandar
Elven Warrior

Location: The Land of Fire and Ice ('Tis a country You will never guess it)
I would choose Middle Earth, Narnia and the Star Wars world. In Middle Earth I wouldn't mind being a Human, Elf, or Dwarf (there all cool) and in any time. In Narnia I would like to be a Human in any of the times exept for the end (last battle bit,cuz' it would be all over). In the Star Wars world it would be cool to be a Jedi Knight cuz' their awsome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then Thorondor bore up Glorfindel's
body out of the abyss, and they buried
him in a mound of stones beside the
pass; and a green turf came there, and
yellow flowers bloomed upon it amid the
barrenness of stone, until the world
was changed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh Potter you Rotter, Oh what have you done
Your killing off the students, you think it's good fun
Reumandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 02:54 AM   #58
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
My brother ("Gollum") would like to live in ME also. He says that he would live in Rohan, [as a common citizen] and he would travel all over Middle Earth.

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 04:43 AM   #59
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

I'd like to live in Arda, in Ithilien as a southern ranger, I think (a little bit of a Hethlin influence rubbing off there?... ) Or maybe Methuen (Ghatti's Tale anyone?), that kind of suspended state of technology their in is rather appealing. Hard to say wether I'd rather be ghatti or human though...
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 03:11 AM   #60
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I think I would like to be a hitchhiker with access to all these universes, worlds times etc. That would be fun, and it would give me the option of returning to earth if I wanted to. I wouldn't want to live in any other universe if it meant I was permenately seperated from my family and friends here on this world.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote