Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-11-2003, 11:13 PM   #41
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Seth found himself flat on the ground, seeing stars.
"You jerk!" Kalile was trying not to cry with built up tension. "People's lives are at stake here! And you scared me to death! I'm wandering, and someone casts an illusion, when I finally see through it, I'm lost and alone, and now..."

Seth sat back up, and was making an admirable effort to keep a straight face. "YOU?!?" Kalile shouted, and tackled her friend, half laughing, half trying to kill him.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 11:38 PM   #42
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I was trying my best to keep a straight face on at my friends emotional outburst and failing wonderfully. Kalile finally put two and two together and realized it was me.

"It's you!" SHe tackled me, or at least tried to tackle me, and i fell back down laughing.

"Well, who else would it have been? Celeborn and Galadriel?" I grabbed her and set her upright. I was still smiling.

"Arrg! I dunno! It could have been for all that i'm aware of! And anyway, I'm still lost!" She was apperently very vexed and sighed.

"No. Actually, you're not. Follow me." I led the way stooping to avoid low (for me at least) branches. Being as tall as i am does have some draw backs as was as advantages. In no time i led her to her dock where her very worried comrades were all very startled to see my hulking frame loom up over them. Arrows were notched and weapons were drawn.

"Uh, Kalile. A little help please. I dont want to have to slice my way through this!" They were all ment for me.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 01:07 AM   #43
Kalile

"Whoops!" Kalile stepped out in front of Seth. "This is one of my best friends, Seth. I have no idea what his last name is, but don't worry. You can trust him with you life. I have, and more than once." Everyone was still suspicious, but at least they put their weapons away. "Seth found me when I was...lost." Kalile decided not to say that it was Seth who was resposible for getting her lost in the first place.
Wait... when did he learn to do magic?
Old 06-12-2003, 09:13 AM   #44
Opan
Enting

Opan looked at Seth and felt surges of energy flick through him, she sensed that magik had just been put to use.
Although Kalile seemed close tot he new character that had joined Opan felt somehting that could not be seen, somthing unsettled and not at all right.
he was never in the dreams
She looked at the rest and back at Seth, no one seemed to be troubled like she was
''So what now, we travel the river or stay'' Opan seemed a little more distnat now, she had a lot to think about.
Opan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 10:49 AM   #45
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Unexpectedly, Fimbren suddenly leaned over to Seth and whispered, "You have power young one, be careful how you use it. Power is dangerous, I know..."
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 12:30 PM   #46
Kalile

Kalile's quick ears caught the whisper, and she sighed.

Will someone please tell me what is going on!
Old 06-12-2003, 01:12 PM   #47
Opan
Enting

Opan made her way up the short bank and linked her arm into Fimbrens while he whispered.
''Take knowledge from the wise"she leant in and smiled.
Opan looked at Fimbren and whispered in and Ancient Elvish "He is not of our kind, i feel he is a sly learner''
She looked into his eyes and then turned to the river.
"Are we staying my friends"
Old 06-12-2003, 02:52 PM   #48
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Young? Well, not by human standards. Are you guys trying to make me the bad guy or something?

Once Kalile has put her friends fear aside, some one asked by what route shall we go. All of a sudden an elf leaned in and told me to use my magik wisely for it was dangerous. As if i had to be reminded. Another sheelf linked arms with him and told me to take the advice. She whispered into his ear in ancient elvish, i smiled. They have no idea just how true those words were. She looked into my eyes and held me. I smiled calmly.

Two can play those tricks. for now we dispersed for a short break for their runing. i slipped up behind the curious woman whose name was Opan.

I slipped up behind her and whispered into her ear also in Ancient elvish, "careful, looks can be deciving. Even elves can be fooled. Dreams are not alway as they apear to be. Search beyond what you have seen." she turned around to look me in the eyes again we stayed looking at each other for a while, then i slipped back to camp.

"Where have you been you old goose?" Kalile grinned her cheeky little grin that i have become so used to.

"Around and about. It is not the concern of you little miss smarty elf." I pulled myself up in an immitation of Elrond. Kalile fell over laughing. I was hopeing to help these people around me. As i read their energy flows. Strong people, whose quest i just barged in on.

I wore my casual grin. They have no idea just how fast i can pick up on things.

Last edited by The last sane person : 06-12-2003 at 11:50 PM.
Old 06-12-2003, 04:15 PM   #49
Kalile

"Well, the other elves must think I'm a fine person! Mixing with people of... dubious lifestyles, and now you." Kalile sighed. "I'm just glad the dark elves are finally cleared out of Lorien. That was a pain. Now I won't have to sneak around like a criminal. Which, I guess I am, but still."

Both of them fell silent, remembering another quest.
Finally, Seth spoke. "I guess we should go and see about where we're going."
"Shall we?" They strode off back to the others, arm in arm. Needless to say, the others were rather surprised to see a very tall and rather formidible human walking and laughing with a midget elf.
Old 06-12-2003, 05:24 PM   #50
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien had stayed quiet throughout Seth's introduction. Now the task was at hand, to take the river or not.

"It is all up to you, Opan. I am not sure where we are going and I only have a vauge idea as to why we're going there. Perhaps you can clear a few things up before we make the desicion as to where we travel next," she said.

After she said this, she eyed the new-comer. She wasn't quick to trust anyone and was usually inclined to kill than to befriend, but a strange feeling told her to give him a chance.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Indril Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 05:40 PM   #51
Opan
Enting

Opan looked at Luthien and back at the group, she was still aback from Seths comeback. She looked at Fimbren and smiled although he sensed slight anxeity in her face.
''Luthein my companion is right" Opan said quietly. She looked around the group and settled on Seth.
"We must sort our affairs out before we travel on" she said with confidence and ina tone which suggested she wanted more information about the newcomer.
"Kalile, i am sure we have gained another formibale friend, but you must tell us more about him" she smiled.
"You must tell us your story" she glanced at Seth inquizatively.

The group was slightly still for a period untill the tension was cut by Kaliles familiar voice. They all gathered around talking gently about their next move and about Seths travels.

Opan slipped over to Fimbren and begun to tell of Seths knowledge for the Ancient Elvish Language that few knew, Few except those brought up ont he tongue which still was a very limited about.
"He knows more than we can say" she whispered whilst looking in the at the group
"we shal soon know the story Opan, we shall know" Fimbren had his usual sultry look.
they re joined the group to find out more about the newcomer
Old 06-13-2003, 06:57 PM   #52
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
Myanduri felt a little out of place in the group. She didn't know any of these people and no one seemed to want to let her in on their quest. She was dying to find this out, but stayed quiet. Especially when this newcomer showed up. He seemed to be the focus of everyone's attenion. And now she had to deal with the fact that she was half elvish. I hate elves. I can't believe I'm one of those arrogant nitwits. They're so aloof. Why did I have to have elf blood? I hate these guys. I guess it's just poetic justice that I end up being an elf. Then an interseting thought presented itself to Myanduri. I wonder how old I am. ON that note, I wonder if I can do magic... She went off and sat by herself thinking about elves... and the one called Fimbren...

ooc: I don't know where that came from, so please don't hurt me. It's just a little suggestion to make things a bit more interesting...

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 07:21 PM   #53
Kalile

Ooc: We won't hurt you! We like you!

Ic: A hand touched Myanduri's shoulder. Kalile stood there, smiling. "We were in kind of a rush, so forgive my fellow travelers. They have much to think about. I would like a proper introduction, though, if you don't mind. My name is Kalile Alako, the Wind Wanderer," she bowed regally, waiting to see what the girl thought of her.
A flash of silver shone from the forest, taking the shape of an unusually large wolf with amber eyes.
"Why, hello, Windrunner! It's been long," she said as the wolf padded over, "this is Warrl, the Kyree." Warrl turned his amber eyes on the girl.
<Greetings, Elven disliker.>
<Do not worry> he added< Wind Wanderer cannot hear me if I do not wish her to. And I can't read all of your thoughts, it's just that that one is attatched to strong emotions, and is foremost in your mind right now.>
Old 06-13-2003, 09:47 PM   #54
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Sheesh!

I wore my aloof smile on my face even when the whole little group had their eyes trained on me.

"You must tell us your story." I noticed Opan was still very shaken by my little remark. I held her eyes and did not let them go, power flickered in an invisible line between us and grew taught. She tried to break through my mental barrier. I let her get close enough to touch it but then wrentched the line and threw the power that i was saving and her own back at her.

I had saved my own energy and drank hers like i would drink a tankard of ale. She nearly stumbled but instead linked arms with Fimbren and leaned on him. She was even more shaken and slighly tired, I still wore my aloof smile and looked as if nothing had happened.

"Oh? Must I tell you my story? My story is long and shall come when time is apropriet. I go where Kalile goes, If you do not want my power with you then i shall leave." I was having more fun than i should playing with them like this. But something about elves just makes me want to fool with them. Although my comment to her earlier was no joke. Well, nor was this one either. I was not quiet pleased with telling strangers my story. Hell, even Kalile had one hell of a time trying to drag it out of me.

I felt two members of the group look at me even more intently than the rest. The young assasin elf and the half elf. I went to go stand by them and observe them while the rest were getting their things together. The assasin was particularly amusing to me as she was trying desperatly to put up this icey cold barrier, I made a small hole in it and was merrily reading away. Letting her know i was there the whole time.

Last edited by The last sane person : 06-13-2003 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:17 AM   #55
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

The new-comer was playing mind-games with Luthien, which made her realize the extent of his power.

"You are wise beyond comprehension," said Luthien, looking over to Seth, who had sat down beside her. "Do you often enjoy tapping into the minds of others or is it a new habit that you've decided to practice with me?"

She raised her eyebrows and awaited his response.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Indril Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 01:03 AM   #56
Kalile

Oh, no, Sane's messing with the elves again! Kalile could feel the unmistakable feel of Seth, mingled with the less familiar, and less happy, elves.
"Hold on a moment, please," Kalile said to the girl beside her, and turned.

<You're not making any friends here, Seth!> Kalile projected with all her might. Her close friendship with Seth allowed her to do this, though it took more effort than she could often be bothered with. <If you want them to trust you, stop it! They don't know you like I do, and won't put up with you. Elves can be hellish when angered, if you didn't notice by now! I would have thought Lorien would have warned you. >
That was a lot of effort just to spare these elves' feelings she thought grumpily, and went back to talking with Myanduri.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:49 AM   #57
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I had nearly doubled over with laughter. First Luthien twirled around to face me then Kalile moodily barked at me.

<No. I am choosey about whom I choose to grace with my presence in their heads. I only go for those who pose a threat or to those who would seem an interesting expenditure of time. You prove to be the latter. > I smiled at her amazed expression. I should not have let her know I was doing this; I could easily have hidden myself so she would never have known but as I said, I like to fool around with elves. I continued, <you need not fear me. If I want to have done damage, I would have. > I left and directed my attention to Kalile.

<It does not matter whether or not they trust me. It would be nice if they did but, even if they don’t I will see to it that no harm comes their way. And no, Lorien proved nothing to me. Just that Galadriel has some power in that infernal water pitcher of hers. You should know that, Kalile. And if these elves choose to get smarmy with me…I am afraid that they will have to get acquainted with the sharp end of my blade!!>

After seeing the shocked look on her face I added, <But even if these particular people get snooty with me I will desist on harming them. > She gave me a frustrated smile and continued to talk to the half elf, who was to be my next target of inquiry. I was testing the powers and capabilities of my new companions to gage them for future reference. Albeit that I was having some fun while doing so!
Old 06-14-2003, 10:44 AM   #58
Opan
Enting

Opan settled on the ground close tot he group half heratidly listening tot he chatter occuring between her companions.
She began to think looking at a clase by bloom on its on int he grass. She began to came simple chants that she once done as a child encloseing the flower in her hands raising them so it was in full bloom then encloseing it and bringing it down so that it wilted and died..she proceeded with this simple process each time making the flower a little more extravigant thant he last. Whilst doing this she caught sight of Myanduri, Opan smiled and it suddenly ocured to her than in all the rush and panick, this newcomer ha not been formaly greeted by her tot he group.
''Come please sit by me" Opan gently greeted her toward her.
They sat together and spoke gently towards each other whilst Opan continued with her mindless spell playing.
"Elves" Myanduri snorted whilst watching
"There is more inyou than you care to expect, i sense it" Opan looked at her softly and then back at her bloom.
"You think" Myanduri said with interest then halted, "Yeah you think" she changed her tone to make herself sound more careless than the last time.
"You were brough to this quest for a reason, as everyone else was, you will learn more about yourself in the journey to come maybe than you care to know" Opan stared at the wilted flower then at Myanduri who was puzzled about what she had just said.

Opan looked around the group as Myanduri though over the qustions she now had swirling thorugh her head and settled again on Seth and Kalie. Energy twisted now round Opans hands and fingers and Seth by now noticed this, his smiled weakened, she had somthing that no non Elven folk could acheive by any means, natural power. She sensed his interest and stopped the flow, there was loyalty towards the group from him, she knew he would not let them down and that he was there for a reaosn too.

There was a look enchanged between them that settled the rough introduction they had towards each other.

So he likes to play with elves does he she laughed to herself.

She spoke to Fimbren about her new views towards the man.
"Still we must keep our wits about us dear opan" he urged.
"I agree, but maybe we should let him clser than we care to do so, i have a feeling that this would denifit us int he long run"
Fimbren looked at Seth and then at Opan.
"If you feel this is what is best then so shall it be"
Old 06-14-2003, 02:18 PM   #59
Kalile

<Stay out of my head, Seth.> Kalile sighed, and Seth laughed.

<No.>

<You are incorrigable. >

<I know.>
Old 06-14-2003, 03:43 PM   #60
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

<If I wasnt i wouldnt be nearly as fun.> I laughed at her and withdrew. I felt Opan playing with a flower useing earth magik.

I sighed. That ws the kind of magik that took ages to figure out. Ages that i did not have. I suddenly had an Idea zing through my head. And that was the answer. Why spend your time learning it when there is one who already knows it and has it stored in their head. Their head that I can sneak into and copy for myself.

But I shook my head, I wasnt about to do that. Not to these people unless it ment life or death. Later, I would test my theory out and with those who did not need the power. I realized i could have done so with the Dark elves but never figured it out until now. Well, If i meet up with one i shall try it out!

< Dont worry Opan, all of the troop shall be safe from me.>

Last edited by The last sane person : 06-19-2003 at 02:19 PM.