Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-10-2005, 03:42 AM   #501
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Chrys will be back soon, but I'm not sure where he is. I think he may have had a lot of studying to do over the summer.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:36 PM   #502
Telcontar_Dunedain

BUMP.
Lotesse, Gor. Perhaps Serenoli would be interested in joining us.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 02-27-2006, 02:03 PM   #503
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

How ironic! I was thinking the same thing last night, but you know what you guys? Let's give it a little time before jump-starting this RPG again, shall we? At least a week. I feel everyone needs a bit of an emotional healing time and stuff like that from the "Of Wraiths" RPG. Let's not forget this Fellowship, but we need a bit more time before rebounding back into the same-themed sort of RPG with some of the same co-writers, know what I mean? But there are a few writers from "Of Wraiths" that I have in mind to invite over here, after a decent interval of time has passed.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:23 PM   #504
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Can't y'all help out in the Lyrd for while until that is finished which it will be as soon as Sam has come home from the Grey Havens. But there is a long way to go until then. So your help would be very much appreciated.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:27 PM   #505
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

No, Grey Wolf, sorry but I personally am off RPGs until our Fellowship is restarted, and besides, I have no idea where to even begin to write in Lyrds anymore! It requires a HUGE, huge, HUGE amount of back-reading to jump in there at the end of the Lyrds and contribute anything that'll make any sense or coincide with the other stuff.

Old 02-27-2006, 03:30 PM   #506
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

OK. Do I have to be wraith in order to help out in the restart? Could I add my Kree shapeshifting spirits and Shree-Krynn vampires?

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-27-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #507
Telcontar_Dunedain

Probably. Weren't you part of it before it stopped.

Old 02-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #508
Telcontar_Dunedain

Chrys, would you be interested to rejoin when we restart?

Old 02-27-2006, 03:50 PM   #509
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Probably. Weren't you part of it before it stopped.
Yeah, I was. Then I joined "Of...". Does Fellowship have an end? Or is going on indefinitely?
Old 02-27-2006, 03:55 PM   #510
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

quote, GW " Do I have to be wraith in order to help out in the restart? Could I add my Kree shapeshifting spirits and Shree-Krynn vampires? "

answer:

Grey Wolf, are these vampires and shape-shifting creatures in the Lord of the Rings books anywhere? Because if not, then no. Remember, you were Mor - our RPG is very easy to go back and read even if you only read like five or six pages, because we never really did huge, long long posts like in Of Wraiths, or Lyrds. You can go back & see what you were; that would be what you continue to play. I really do not think we need to have non-LotR concepts in our already established Fellowship of the Ringwraiths, which was designed to follow the Nine during the timeperiod of the first book of the trilogy, exclusively. I just don't recall ever having read anything about Shree-krynn or shapeshifters in Lord of the Rings, anywhere.

Last edited by Lotesse : 02-27-2006 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:58 PM   #511
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Sorry, there'll be no such thing added. Promise.

Will this do as a beginning of a rekindling of Fellowship?
Old 02-27-2006, 04:02 PM   #512
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Also, Grey Wolf et al involved in or interested in re-starting or rejoining Fellowship here, can we all observe a week's pause before jumping back in here? Out of respect for the closure of Of Wraiths, and to let us all come back at our own pace? When we restart this RPG, I really personally want it to be taken seriously, and done right, not carelessly. This RPG happens to be special to me, as well. Let's not get ahead of ourselves already, O.K.? Let's give it a week at least before we try and restart this RPG, and then when we come together to do so, we can discuss and greet one another and so forth, here in this thread, before we recommence. Thanks in advance for being understanding about this.

Old 02-27-2006, 04:12 PM   #513
Telcontar_Dunedain

Of course Lotesse. I think that'd probably be best.

Old 02-27-2006, 07:12 PM   #514
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Ok. we can take it easy.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:48 PM   #515
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Well, you guys, Crazy Squirrel and Gordis have both thrown in the towel on us, so it is down to me, TD, and Grey Wolf to continue carrying the torch here. Everyone swore they wouldn't let this one die, but unless we can get new players on a par with the two women who have left us, we are in trouble. Chrys was an original member; Chrys? Are you interested in coming back to us? I PMed Butterbeer to plead with him to rejoin, but... we'll see. I invited CAB, a new mooter who posts really insightful and interesting theories and ideas in Entmoot, I await a rsponse there, too. TD, did you PM some people, too? We cannot, and should not, play Crazy Squirrel's and Gordis' Nazgul; it would be sacriligios (oh MAN I cannot spell that friggin' word; tried five times) and out of respect for the two writers and their characters, we should not even consider it. Which leaves us with the problem of how to replace those two Nazgul, without creating a weird rift in the RPG to date. If anyone has any original and believeable ideas as to how to write this, and how to get the two Nazgul characters replaced with new writer/players, please let us all know. I, for one, am stumped.

Definitely, this will be a new RPG, running off the basic framework of its previos set-up. It can work, if enough people are genuinely interested and excited about it, but if it's just going to be me, TD, and Grey Wolf, I have my doubts. It will be so much fun, if we COULD restart and continue here, though. I KNEW this would happen; I KNEW that "Of Wraiths" would signal the end of "Fellowship." Somebody, you guys, prove me wrong. Let's try and get this story going again, with new twists and new flavour, new writers and new RPG friendships.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:59 AM   #516
Telcontar_Dunedain

No, Lotesse, I haven't PMed anyone yet, but I will do. ONe thing we do ask is taht before joining you can read through the whole RPG. I will also be doing this as I can't remember that much of what was happening.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:48 AM   #517
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

If Gordis comes here, I'll be ecstatic. If she comes back to the Fellowship, AND Crazy Squirrel comes back, well then there's nothing that could measure my own personal potential joy at such an event. I hope she, or both shes, come back, 'cause then we really could restart this RPG like it was supposed to be written, all along. It will not be the Fellowship without them, sad to say but that's the truth, it is. Know what I'm saying, TD? How can we go on, without them? Without Gordis and Crazy Squirrel here, it is not the Fellowship of the Ringwriths. A partial fellowship carries the torch, but we need all of us to do this RPG right.

Old 03-14-2006, 01:28 AM   #518
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Sacrilegious

That's how it is spelled. I am not sure if I am really welcomed here, but I might join.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:47 AM   #519
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Are you kidding? As far as I am concerned, you are so welcome here it's not even funny. I am waiting to see if maybe Gordis will come back here, and I wait on Crazy Squirrel, too, but I'm sure they'd sanction your joining us in a heartbeat! Anyway it's not up to them anymore, since they chose to desert me & Telcontar Dunedain, Deserters!!

o.k. lemee calm down. Yes, Shah, I will definitely welcome you here but first you must read all the story to date, and if you have any questions at all about our story as it is to this point, please ask away right here, and TD and I will be more than happy to answer questions and stuff. If it sounds still like something you are really interested in, remember - this is Nazguls only, the good guys would be random &/or disposable - you would be taking on the worthy dark mantle of a Nazgul, one of the Fellowship of the Ringwraiths themselves. We leave Crazy Squirrel's and Gordis' Nazgul alone, out of respect for them and because like I said it would be sacrilegious if we f**ked with their Nazzies. We still wait eagerly and hpefully for them to come back.

Let me know tomorrow what you think, and who you fancy playing, etcetera! I really look forward to this.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:12 PM   #520
Telcontar_Dunedain

I've PMed Gor and am waiting for her to get back to me. CS seemed pretty definite that she was leaving when I PMed her the last time she was on. And yes Shah, you are most welcome.