Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-15-2005, 05:48 PM   #461
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I like that SS was trying to save Khamul, that's really sweet! Thanx GW. Me, I'm still plumbing the depths of my brain for good story ideas today...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:27 PM   #462
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

... still plumbing those depths...

Old 08-17-2005, 03:34 PM   #463
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Uhm, isn't it time to move on? I mean move back?

I have typed four pages in the Books thread, all in defence of Our Lord And Captain, Wikkie.
Now I am drained...

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 08-17-2005 at 03:35 PM.
CrazySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 11:39 AM   #464
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

O.k. you guys, here's a list of minor ring powers ideas; it's to help decide who gets what with their new presents from Viv. Earthbound, you around today? Please help us; I don't know about anyone else but I've been really struggling for inspiration lately. Whoever wants to lead the foray down the halls of the cave of gundabad, be my guest. Anyway...

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems...m#friendShield

I like the chameleon power for Viv, since her thing is being a super-burglar anyway. And Mor already got the food (cooking)spell.

Old 08-19-2005, 12:13 PM   #465
CrazySquirrel

I like jumping spell, am I not a Squirrel?
Wikkie, I think should get more mind-concealing power, it will be helpful when dealing with Sau.
But let it all rest for a time. Let everyone discover his new powers gradually as the story progresses.
By the way, I have set the departure time for this evening. So you have to tell us more about the cave, or we shall be gone.

Perhaps you have rescued some items there from Carn Dum? Something from the Angmar Natural History Museum, like stuffed hobbits? That will be an interesting development...
Old 08-19-2005, 12:41 PM   #466
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Yes, good ideas CS, thanx - I have to go now; have an appointment to be at; I'll be back later on today.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:50 AM   #467
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Wow. It's like a graveyard around here lately. Still plumbing the depths, you guys, I'll get my groove back one of these days. We need EB, BB, TD, and Gordis. Where on earth has everyone gone?

Old 08-24-2005, 08:13 AM   #468
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I'm back. What's happened (discussion and RPG-wise)?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 01:27 AM   #469
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Hi, TD! Very, very happy to see you back here on the dark side we've missed you! Your ulterior-motive-havin' Khamul went through some (certainly well-deserved) hell this summer, but things just got a whole lot better for him and for the whole company of Nazgul, as you guys can see by my last post. I really wanted to write something unifying that would put them all back on the same page together again, plus I felt they each needed a mention in one post, as a sort of refresher/summary. Since it's been so freakin' slow around here the last few weeks I was worried about all our characters losing their recogniability from being dormant for so long.

So, everybody cool with it? Now all we have left to wait on is Gordis and EarthBound; I wish Olmer and Last Child of Ungoliant would reappear, too. Butterbeer is pretty resolute about his abdication, but it can't hurt to hope he changes his mind.

Old 08-26-2005, 05:52 AM   #470
CrazySquirrel

Great post, Lotesse!

I have had a writers block recently and the academic year starts, so perhaps I will not be around too much for a week or two now. BUT I AM WITH YOU!

I hope we shall see LCOU and Gor next week... TD is back. All will be fine, I hope.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:08 AM   #471
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Hi, All!

Hello, fellow wraiths, I am back!

I read through the threads and I congratulate you on your Gundabad inspirations.
Hope we will see you back one day, Butterbeer!

Now I post a small piece, following CS´s lead about stuffed hobbits. If I got something wrong, please tell me, I may have missed something.

Cheers,
Gor
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:20 PM   #472
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

GORDIS!!! Wow, thrilled to see you back!

Old 08-26-2005, 12:33 PM   #473
CrazySquirrel

Welcome back, Gor Lily and I are happy!!!

Nice piece about hobbits and maps. Are you going to blackmail our Wikkie?
It is a bit dangerous...

CS
Old 08-26-2005, 01:25 PM   #474
Telcontar_Dunedain

I'm going to post now, but there is a good chance that something I write could be wrong and harmful to the plot and if so just tell me.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 08-26-2005, 05:51 PM   #475
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, that makes a nice change ... ... being able to log on and post without XXX amounts of pm's distacting me to the point where i forget what and where i was going to post to?

..erm .. where was i?

oh yeah ... where to start ... mmm...

good to see it's back on track for you guys .. told you it would be ... (hope that doesn't sound wierd or 'told you so!' or anything... )

you all know my decision ... but all the best... good to see you back Gor and TD.

Ihave no doubt LCOU will be back when he starts posting again ... EB i think might need some gentle coaxing... but curently she has moved and does not have quite the same set-up as previously ( a guess is all!)

TD i wouldn't worry too much about posting - i think we have ALL learnt a good lesson about being a team....

welcome back GOR (and TD) .. boy! that's a relief ... i can finally sign off knowing my friends on here are going to be in for some fun and in a vibrant rpg!

CS: you naughty squirrel! have i upset you?

I never meant to.

Please read your pm's! ... are you gonna join the unholy alliance? you'd be most welcome!

also Gor (who unfortunately does not do PM shame on you! ) and TD if you'd be interested ... (it's getting a good feedback from a diverse range of mooters .. and TD it is not in anyway at odds with a certain friend and fellow rpg mooter of ours... quite the contrary ...)

best all BB.

have fun!
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 02:05 AM   #476
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Where are they actually going? Just so that I have any idea what to post.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:17 AM   #477
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

HI, all! thanks for your greetings.
BB What unholy alliance? Could you send a reference to the thread in question? And I hate PMs, sorry. They take a lot of time quite unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
I'm going to post now, but there is a good chance that something I write could be wrong and harmful to the plot and if so just tell me.
Well I was absent as well, TD , but I did read the thread. Strange that you are not aware that Khamul was discovered, punished cruelly by Wikkie and has no access to the Palantir anymore. Goth carries it - wrapped and muted forever. And then, Wikkie just announced we are going back to Mordor!

Moreover, I do hope that Khamul doesnt know that Wikkie knows where is the Shire.

CS, NOOOO I am not going top blackmail Wikkie. I am not that crazy yet. (nothing personal, o Squirrel )

GW et al.,
If I may give some directions:
According to the Unfinished Tales, the time is at the very end of August, just like Real Life! We have "failed" to find the Shire in the Vales of Anduin , so we are returning home to Mordor, or so we think. By 15.09 we must pass Carrock, Lorien and return to the Field of Celebrant. But a BIG surprise awaits us there - Messengers from the VERY ANGRY SAU. Perhaps Mouth of Sau himself?
The messenger will threaten us and send us to Saruman.
Then Book 2 will begin!!!!
Gor
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:09 AM   #478
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
HI, all! thanks for your greetings.
BB What unholy alliance? Could you send a reference to the thread in question? And I hate PMs, sorry. They take a lot of time quite unnecessary.

Well I was absent as well, TD , but I did read the thread. Strange that you are not aware that Khamul was discovered, punished cruelly by Wikkie and has no access to the Palantir anymore. Goth carries it - wrapped and muted forever. And then, Wikkie just announced we are going back to Mordor!

Moreover, I do hope that Khamul doesnt know that Wikkie knows where is the Shire.

CS, NOOOO I am not going top blackmail Wikkie. I am not that crazy yet. (nothing personal, o Squirrel )

GW et al.,
If I may give some directions:
According to the Unfinished Tales, the time is at the very end of August, just like Real Life! We have "failed" to find the Shire in the Vales of Anduin , so we are returning home to Mordor, or so we think. By 15.09 we must pass Carrock, Lorien and return to the Field of Celebrant. But a BIG surprise awaits us there - Messengers from the VERY ANGRY SAU. Perhaps Mouth of Sau himself?
The messenger will threaten us and send us to Saruman.
Then Book 2 will begin!!!!
Gor
Thanks. will try to post accordingly.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 04:14 PM   #479
Telcontar_Dunedain

Okay, what do you want me to change my post to say? I will try and catch up and read the threads, but I'm off for another week on Monday, but I'll do my best.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:46 PM   #480
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Hi, TD! Have you had a chance to read the threads yet?