Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 04:07 PM   #421
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

We did start, the thread is called 'Return of the TLA' but you still can join if you want too. We only just started.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:20 PM   #422
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Confusticate and bebother all those new arrivals! But seriously, I'm suprised at the popularity that the new TLA is getting. But it's also starting to really bug me. Don't get me wrong, I think all these new arrivals are a good thing. And if you remember back into the mists of time, I did drop in without an invitation. But... oh I don't know anymore. Give me a bit of time to get my thoughts back together again.

EDIT: Hey! 300th post!

EDIT: And Gandgirl had better come back, or else WiseWizard will steal her part!

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!

Last edited by Claenoic : 08-28-2002 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:34 AM   #423
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I know what you mean, Claenoic. Part of me wants to just keep it with the originals. But I also like bringing new people and thus new ideas in, so...
KATT! There is always room for you! (You're small, anyway...like me. Just kiddding..) Please come in. If you still want to be all the evil parts, you can. But join. Now.

-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 08-29-2002, 04:00 AM   #424
Earniel

On one hand new arrivals are good, new ideas and such. All I ask of them is decent typing skills and that they pay attention to the storyline and maybe the polite question if they can join. That's not too much to ask I think.(I know, I'm old fashioned ) On the other hand I think we veteran TLA'ers have grown so used to one another that it takes time to adjust to new-comers. Let's face it, it's the downside of our popularitiy: we have fans. But we'll live.

Maybe Nazgul Queen can put in her first post on the 'Return of the TLA' something like: "NOTE: New posters, please do not post directly in this thread unannounced but go first here [link to this thread]" It might solve some tension.
Old 08-29-2002, 01:20 PM   #425
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

I think we should require everyone who wants to join to read the WHOLE transcript of TLA. No, that would take years. I wouldn't make anyone suffer that torture. But introductions on this thread are a great idea...it would be nice to know who everyone is.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Old 08-29-2002, 01:33 PM   #426
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf
Yeah, Tano, your name doesn't point directly to Tolkien, unlike mine. But people wandering around in grey cloaks and latex ears just doesn't make sense yet.
sorry!

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 08-29-2002, 02:05 PM   #427
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Reading the transcript of TLA doesn't take ages. Just hours. I agree new posters are good but only if they know what it is they're posting on. It's not the end of the world if there are a few little slips out of the pre tolkien part of our lives that we are talking about. If I remember correctly it's only Hannah who's is specifically said to be unobbsessed in this. It never said if the rest of us are. It would make sense for at least a few of us to be already obsessed.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 08-29-2002, 02:40 PM   #428
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
I have a problem with joining. I don't remember what it was like before I was a tolkineite. Now What?

I can come in later as someone evil, can't I? Do I really have to join immeadatly? I'm confuzzled.

EDIT: PS: Any newbies want the edited version of the Lord of the Cell Phone? Post your e-mails here and I'll send it to you.

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."

Last edited by Katt_knome_hobbit : 08-29-2002 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-29-2002, 03:04 PM   #429
Nibs
Head Hollara

I was around for the first one, but the aim of this one eludes me...

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Old 08-29-2002, 03:16 PM   #430
Christiana
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Christiana
katt,email me the story please!

cawilka@hotmail.com

(Christiana Arourna Wanted In Little Known Arda)
u-hoo!

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 08-30-2002, 03:14 AM   #431
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by Katt_knome_hobbit

EDIT: PS: Any newbies want the edited version of the Lord of the Cell Phone? Post your e-mails here and I'll send it to you.
Hey, I dunno if I ever asked and am too lazy to check...but if you could send it to me too it would be appreciated

jewelfalcon@yahoo.com

Thanks!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 08-30-2002, 02:02 PM   #432
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Quote:
Originally posted by Nibs
I was around for the first one, but the aim of this one eludes me...
The aim is...to parodize the Hobbit and to further our counselor, Miriam's knowledge of Middle Earth. So far, anyway. There will be other aims...we just haven't had those strokes of genius yet.

P.S. Katt...would you mind sending me the first 2 books again? I lost them...woops. My email is elfinactress@aol.com , but you knew that.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)

Last edited by Renille : 08-30-2002 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-30-2002, 05:58 PM   #433
Claenoic

Ugh... throat... hurts... Well actually... yeah, it feels more comfortable with the original TLA than with newcomers. What I really want from the newbies is a good sense of humor, good punctuation/spelling/grammar (sp?), sound knowledge of The Hobbit, and a good bit of dedication (on the last one, after about 4 pages many TLAs dropped out.). Lets call it the GGSG rules. My terms though. Comments?

EDIT: Katt, please tell me what kind of program you used with my files, because whatever you did, it isn't going very well with my computer. Or you could not tell me, copy the whole story, paste it to the e-mail, and ship it off to me.... I REALLY want to see it. It's taiya118@hotmail.com

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!

Last edited by Claenoic : 08-30-2002 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-30-2002, 07:45 PM   #434
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Dose anyone have any sugestions to who i could be in that TLA returns thread? I really wont to play, but I don't know who.

Could you please send me the edited version thingy who ever is doing it? I don't know how to make my email clickabe, but you can send it to Samwise89@juno.com, or Samwiselover2008@aol.com (Lover not lvr, like it is here)

Sorry, I fill colerfull right now!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!

Last edited by samwiselvr2008 : 08-30-2002 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:51 PM   #435
Christiana
Elf Lord

o-kaay,im pming elf girl.

Old 08-31-2002, 03:16 AM   #436
Earniel

Quote:
Originally posted by samwiselvr2008
Dose anyone have any sugestions to who i could be in that TLA returns thread? I really wont to play, but I don't know who.
If you read the TLA you'll see that the players used first their 'normal' screenpersonality as mooters. Only later on we slipped into the roles of the characters of LOTR.

This RPG is placed before that, so before we all got too Tolkien-high and had to be send to a shrink. So we entered as ourselves and used our real names. Off course any one may already be a Tolkien fan, we're just a little more normal. This is the tale how we got obsessed.

As for characters to play. Claenoic and Elf Girl (if she shows up, come on Gandgirl!) have the parts of Bilbo and Gandalf. They got these parts in the last RPG, so they can keep them. The rest is as of now still without a 'Hobbit' character. Except for Renille who has set her heart already on the part of Thorin without really using his name. And for WiseWizard who is our other Gandalf. Every other character from 'The Hobbit' is as yet unclaimed. So you can choose the role that fits you best. You don't have to choose right away. You can choose a 'Hobbit' character on any part of the way. Off course you don't have to choose a role. In the TLA there were several that kept posting as their own character until the very end. Every one decides for her (because the majority here is female) self.

I would suggest to every new poster to read the 'Tolkien Lovers Anonymous' thread (or Katt's edited version). I know it's long, but you'll get a better feeling of how the minds of the veteran TLA-ers work and you'll feel much more comfortable posting here.

I hope that clears some things up.
Old 08-31-2002, 03:39 AM   #437
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Hey... when did Earniel become a mod? Did I miss something?
Old 08-31-2002, 04:00 PM   #438
Claenoic

Earniel? What have you not told us? You can tell us, we're friends of yours.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Cheers!
Old 08-31-2002, 04:08 PM   #439
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Those terms sound great, Claenoilbo.
I am still working on getting the story up on my website. I have to convert it to html, you see, and I barely have enough computer time to keep up with the moot at the moment. I'll post here as soon as it's up, I promise.
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 08-31-2002, 10:24 PM   #440
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Uh, I have an idea for me going on, but are we doing the Smaugetts, or can I be Smaug?

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Closed Thread