Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-16-2005, 04:12 PM   #381
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, i am generally either a producer, exec producer or production manager ... but since i am not likely to be investing just at this momment and can't be director (would love to direct a real remake ... 15 hours at the least! - good idea) ... perhaps i could offer my services as a second, third or fourth unit director? ... or in production management .. i can get you plenty of very experienced UK broadcast and film crew ... and no one gets on the old blower and sorts out messes and sources kit and crew, catering and sparkies for a good price better than me! (well there's bound to be someone ... but you get the idea!).

Perhaps the most important call you need to make Hector, judging by the first trilogy shot though ... would be a really first rate and well tolkien read afficionado to do the screen play!

Exec producer would be the most fun though!

best BB

p.s you shooting it film or HD?
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:39 PM   #382
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
well, i am generally either a producer, exec producer or production manager ... but since i am not likely to be investing just at this momment and can't be director (would love to direct a real remake ... 15 hours at the least! - good idea) ... perhaps i could offer my services as a second, third or fourth unit director? ... or in production management .. i can get you plenty of very experienced UK broadcast and film crew ... and no one gets on the old blower and sorts out messes and sources kit and crew, catering and sparkies for a good price better than me! (well there's bound to be someone ... but you get the idea!).

Perhaps the most important call you need to make Hector, judging by the first trilogy shot though ... would be a really first rate and well tolkien read afficionado to do the screen play!

Exec producer would be the most fun though!

best BB

p.s you shooting it film or HD?
*drools*
Connexions, you say?
Hired! You can be my assistant director

I have Azalea doing the movie synopsis, and she has done a very good job so far.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 04:05 PM   #383
Lenya
Elentári

This is so exciting! And yes, if there is no other job for me, I'll even be a secretary. Anything for new LotR movies.
Lenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 12:08 AM   #384
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

I'll be official random Relient K and Switchfoot fan, willing to take on the Count in an intellectual origins debate.
Why remake LOTR? We oughta just make Assasin's Shadow RPG into a movie !
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:16 PM   #385
Embladyne
Honourary Elitist Inklette

What's the current list of Mooters and their positions? I haven't checked this thread in what seems like ages.

I looked back through this thread to find the list I thought had been there at one time, but, alas, it is no more, or never was. Or I didn't see it.

My DA page
Embladyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:54 PM   #386
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curubethion
I'll be official random Relient K and Switchfoot fan, willing to take on the Count in an intellectual origins debate.
Why remake LOTR? We oughta just make Assasin's Shadow RPG into a movie !
that would be an awesome movie, when i get a digital camcorder, lets get together and make it....in CLAYMATION!!
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 04:26 PM   #387
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
that would be an awesome movie, when i get a digital camcorder, lets get together and make it....in CLAYMATION!!
Yes!! We totally need another thread for this! But first we'd better finish it.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:01 AM   #388
clep_web
Hobbit

If no one has taken this spot so far, I'll offer myself for the movie art and poster designing department

Some time later and a few dead wolf packs...

"What did I tell you, Mr.Pippin?" said Sam, sheathing his sword. "Wolves won't get him. That was an eye-opener, and no doubt. Nearly singed the hair off my head!"
clep_web is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:49 AM   #389
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
Arwen Undomiel Ok.... I think I'm being un-original...

(This has probably been said before but I don't wanna have to read the entire thread again.......)
The new movie(s) (I think) Should be at least 2-3 hours each. There should be about 7-8 of them (my friend has a st of lotr books like this... they made me drool...) and we should also do the Sil and Hobbit alnd all that Jazz.... I should be getting a job this summer.... *hopefull look*

Oh come on you guys, at least chuckle at my dream a little bit!

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Elanor's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:29 PM   #390
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Aw heck, ok, people, hired

there's a list of crew people on page 13 I believe.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:45 PM   #391
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Arwen Undomiel

Yes! A reply! We can discuss this at the conventions..... *hopefull look*

Old 06-01-2006, 11:19 AM   #392
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

I could be a writer because i have plenty of ideas that should be in it.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:13 AM   #393
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Arwen Undomiel

That sounds good!

Old 07-07-2006, 09:29 PM   #394
azalea
Long lost mooter

Here is what I had done when this was first started:

Entmoot LotR screenplay: original draft

We open at the Ivy Bush w/ the Gaffer and other hobbits discussing Bilbo and Frodo. The interior is dim but cheerful, wood paneled walls, a fire in the hearth, most of the several hobbits present are sitting around a couple of tables, all involved in the conversation at hand. Include the dialogue as written in the book. Gaffer should come off as grandfatherly, but not too old, more middle-aged, but somewhat craggy and rough around the edges. His lines need to come off especially well: well paced but natural

Cut to field in late afternoon/ dusk. Dwarves in cart going up to Bag End singing, followed by Gandalf. They pass the gate, which has on it the No Admittance sign. They unload the stuff as hobbit children look on. One says “G for Grand!” in response to the G on the packages being unloaded. Bilbo gives pennies to them, Gandalf tells them to go, and the door abruptly closes. Cut to inside, and Bilbo and Gandalf’s conversation plays out as in the book, using the descriptions and actions given.

Cut to an exploding firework, we hear the noise of the party crowd, pan down; they are all drinking and enjoying the display. Then show the dragon firework as it is described in the book, ending with a shot of Bilbo calling, “That’s the sign for dinner!”

Cut to inside the tent, pan around showing hobbits eating as they finish their meals, then we hear mutterings of “here comes the speech,” etc. [ad lib]
Include Bilbo’s speech in its entirety (including the young hobbit “orchestra,” etc., as described in the book). As it nears its conclusion, the camera pans around to show the bored hobbit faces, then the flash of light as Bilbo disappears. The camera moves around to capture the ensuing confusion, capturing their reactions, and stops on Frodo, our first view of him, as described in the book.

Cut to Bilbo going back to Bag End, getting ready, putting ring in back pocket.
Include Gandalf and Bilbo’s conversation as described in the book. The packet drops to the floor, Gandalf retrieves it. Close up on Bilbo’s face, linger on change from anger to relief. He seems to age slightly as he sings, then turns and goes out with the three dwarves, they walk away from the camera at an angle down the path. The camera pull back to show Gandalf watching them go.

Cut to Frodo coming into the darkness of Bag End (as described in book).

Cut to next day – hobbits lined up at Bag End with wheelbarrows, etc. Camera moves down long line of hobbits as we hear the hum of their murmuring; fairly quickly the camera moves into the door of Bag End to reveal all the activity therein: relatives sorting through packages, Merry helping them find what’s been left to them. This is all shown as a fairly loud, chaotic process so the audience gets a feel for being there.
Focus in on the exchange with Otho and Lobelia, ending with “You’re a Brandybuck!” as they exit, and the ensuing lines between Merry and Frodo from the book. Then we hear a loud knocking. They look up and we see Gandalf appear in the window. We then see their conversation as described in the book.
Gandalf leaves, then fade out.

That was where I had ended, with a note of more to come. Alas, it never did, as I became too busy to proceed with the next part.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:27 AM   #395
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Arwen Undomiel

Sweet! We have progress! I'm sorry about being so AWOL... but I'm back now! I really like the script. Defineately lots of potential! I really like keeping to the book. *thumbs up*

WHat's next?

Old 01-03-2007, 06:49 PM   #396
azalea
Long lost mooter

Well, I think I had posted on a previous page that I was giving up my scriptwriting job since I can't devote as much time to mooting anymore. I wish I could go ahead and do the next part, but maybe it would be more fun for everyone to write it together.

My hope is that whoever participates in that will keep to the book as well, making it a true fan's script, made by those who want to see the book dramatized. Those who feel the inclination and have the time could come on here and collaborate on it, maybe using my beginning as a guideline. Have fun, and maybe I can join in every now and then!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #397
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Keep up the good work, y'all!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:37 PM   #398
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Arwen Undomiel

Yay! Any help whenever it can be spared is most apreciated! I have recently joined musical theater at school and a bunch of my friends write fan-fic. I'll try and get one of them to join.... then we'll have another mooter ( ) and another writer! (I hope...)

Old 01-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #399
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

We can take on Rian, SGH, and get back Jersey Devil for advisers, to make sure everything is satisfactory.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:05 AM   #400
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Arwen Undomiel

If they want to, that would be great!

(And If I ever meet any of you I think I'll make cookies, in addition to whatever else I'm donateing to the movie.)