Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-22-2003, 11:13 AM   #381
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Tom Bombadil was able to bust into those barrows easily enough, so it has always made sense to me that Elise could too. I just don't want the Hytorax to be too easy to get .
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 07:22 PM   #382
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

*nudge nudge* of course not.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 07:21 AM   #383
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

heh Me is back! Wohoo!
Heh, looks like things are getting confusing again here so with respect for everyone and in an effort not to mess things up to further confusion, I'll delay my posting till things clear up

Oh, and god! I am tired of hearing "Mind the gap!" "Stand clear of the doors!" gagh! Those subway-people talking over the speakers really don't know when to shut up In england that is...
Old 02-25-2003, 03:02 AM   #384
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Great to have you back, Arat-Falathion .

So, what's holding everyone up on posting? If you're concerned about not knowing what's supposed to happen next, I can tell you, but I shouldn't think it should be that much of a problem. The obvious course of action is to discuss briefly Adrian's disappearance and plan some course of action for advancing into the Barrow Downs. Elise's power obviously has already been shown to be strong enough to protect them on the surface of the Barrow Downs, so they should be safe enough going through the top layer.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:14 AM   #385
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Ah! Thanks for clearing things up there Lief
Old 02-26-2003, 05:54 AM   #386
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lief Erikson
So, what's holding everyone up on posting?
I'd say homework, well at least in my case. But now that I have some time between cleaning and homework, I'll post again.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:21 PM   #387
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Quote:
Something leapt from the shadows and a weapon flashed, blocking the pale blade. It was a man- Aasinav.
Damn that guy can write!!! You give me chills Lief

- Falathion
Old 02-27-2003, 06:15 PM   #388
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Elvishfaerie: I doubleposted on the Hytorax thread... that's the *whopsy* , nothing else
Old 02-27-2003, 08:19 PM   #389
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

whopsy indeed...

And just to clarify what went on in my post, in case anyone was confused: While the Barrow Wight was distracted by the others, Aasinav cut it off from the Hytorax, which it was using as a source of power.

I left it open-ended as to what happened to the Barrow Wight once it was cut off - I'll leave it up to Lief as to whether it can still escape, etc.

But now the Hytorax is safely ours.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:26 PM   #390
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I frankly don't care what happens to the Barrow Wight . It's a side character.
Quote:
Damn that guy can write!!! You give me chills Lief
Thanks .

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 02-27-2003 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:55 AM   #391
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Re: A Fellowship like no other?

Row row row your boat gently down the stream
throw the Nazgul overboard
listen to me scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 12:57 AM   #392
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

please tell us we are dying to know

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 01:44 AM   #393
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Legoles, is your posting here just joking around, or do you have a question?
Old 02-28-2003, 12:08 PM   #394
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Ahhh... soon off to Nèred I guess... and I wonder if we'll ever see these strange orcs again... hmm...

The company is sleeping, so I don't wanna be the one to wake up firstly
Old 03-04-2003, 04:07 AM   #395
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Heh, it is funny how things tend to slow down when Lief isn't active, and since Mathron had the last post, who shall then get things on the move again? Hmm... If I understood everything right, we are now heading back to Néred, though I think this part will be so immerced into the Plot Lief has made for the RPG, that he will actually need to participate himself in order to get it right...
What is everyones thought on this?

- Falathion
Old 03-06-2003, 02:13 AM   #396
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I'm actually waiting for Sicirus to post; Gil-Thalion seemed about to notice the camp Athalt and Imarwyn had been staying at(Not necessary, but I don't want to interfere with what other characters are doing as much as possible), and also she was going to notice Aralle in the tree.

And when we do reach Néred (Anyone can post the journey), naturally they will plan some sort of a covert mission to reach the king and free him from his spell.

But yes, after whatever covert mission is decided upon begins, I will have to be posting seriously. And I am still planning to be here as much as I can; it's just that I'm in the middle of the school week right now, so until the week-end it won't be that easy.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 03-06-2003 at 02:14 AM.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:06 AM   #397
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Sicirus, if that's the camp of Athalt and Imarwyn you're at right now than I think you'll have to edit. Athalt and Imarwyn had already left for Néred before your company woke so it can't be them.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:16 PM   #398
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I'm very sorry, Sicirus and Silverstripe, about this little goof-up in understanding. I thought you were going to find the empty camp, not the one with them in it. So you can just change your posts to have them investigating an empty camp, if you want. Because Eärniel's right; we're gone.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:25 PM   #399
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Oh, Soory about that.
Old 03-09-2003, 04:49 AM   #400
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

So nobody wants to write the journey to Néred? I'll do it in a couple more days, if no one else will.

You guys really can do what you like with your characters; I'd imagine things will get more fun after we reach Néred again.

Ah yes, one thing I've been really thinking about lately is the freedom of players to do what they want. I'm concerned that in this RPG some of that freedom might be restricted and a few of you might be uncertain as to what you can or cannot do. My plot isn't very fragile, let me inform you now.

I've had people throw plot elements into my plans before and have been able to compensate. Even though it can be courteous to discuss these plans with the GM first, I'm becoming open to people doing it without even informing me, just so long as they know what they're doing. I just want this RPG to get back on its feet and everyone to loosen up and enjoy it.

Eärniel, you can make Imarwyn summon relations of hers with other plot connections or something to assist Athalt in this crisis. Silverstripe, you can make Aralle fly on ahead to scout out what they'll find in Néred and to spy on Vahatres. Elvishfaerie, you can make Glistenfae meet someone she knew in the past who is now working for the Shadowhand, and create an interesting connection that way.

I'm not saying that you have to do something exciting or particularly outlandish with your character, I'm just trying to say that if it will enhance your enjoyment of the RPG, please do so.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 03-09-2003 at 05:03 AM.