Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-22-2003, 03:59 PM   #21
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

For 3 ages Melkor was doomed to be held prisoner in the chamber of Mandos. In these ages many things passed for the rising of the Elves in power.....
Old 12-22-2003, 05:10 PM   #22
Lord Manafirogh
Elven Warrior

Feanor

The Noldor came to valinor and their leader was Finwe.
Finwe wedded Miriel Serinde and she bore a son to Finwe. Curufinwe he was named, wise and mighty in skill, and structure. His mother named him Feanaro “Spirit of fire” because he had a burning flame within himself and was given the Sindarian form of Feanor. His mother gave the strength of many children to feanor that she would have yet bore to Finwe, and she died after Feanor’s birth and was liad in the Gardens of Lorien.
Feanor grew swiftly for the fire was within him. He was tall and masterful in tongue. His eyes piercing bright and his hair Raven-dark.
Great gems Feanor made in Valinor for he had the skill of his mother who was great in threading. Feanor wedded Nerdanel the daughter of Mahtan, a great smith of metal. Much Feanor learned from Mahtan for he was a great smith of metal and stone and Feanor was quick to learn. Some say Feanor surpassed Mahtan.
Seven sons Nerdanel bore to Feanor: Maedhros, Maglor, Celegorm, Caranthir, Curufin, Marod and Amros.
Feanor had a master of craft and he was filled with new thoughts. He wondered how he could put the light of the Blessed trees could be made imperishable. He begun a long labour and summoned all his skill and power and made three silmarils. The inner fire of the Silmarils came from the trees themselves. The simarils could not be touched or be broken by violence within Arda. The Silmarils shone like the starts of Varda and were renowned by many and desired by everyone. Feanor had grown to love this Silmarils and would only let his family hold them. The fate of Arda was locked within this Silmarils.
Lord Manafirogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 09:21 AM   #23
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

this isnt part of the story i just want to add that for all this time i believed Feanor to be the mightiest of the Noldor HE WAS NOT!!!
read page 60 of the silmarillion it clearly states that Feanor was the mightiest in Word and hand meaning he could persuade and get people behind him using his toung and might in hand meaning he could create the greatest works (the silmarils).

Then it says Filgolfin was the STRONGEST,the most steadfast and the most valient. Filgolfin was the greastest warrior of the Noldor.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:05 AM   #24
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul Of the Unchaining of Melkor

Now it came to pass that Melkor, as the Valar had decreed, completed the term of his bondage, dwelling for three ages in the duress of Mandos, alone. At length, as Manwe had promised, he was brought again before the thrones of the of the Valar.
Then he looked upon their glory and their bliss, and envy filled his heart; Then he looked upon the Eldar at the feet of the mighty, and hatred filled him; He looked upon the wealth of great gems and he lusted for the; But he his his thoughts, and postponed his vengence.

So before the feet of Manwe he sued for Pardon and repented for the evil past and said that he would aid the valar in rebuilding all the hurts and would give council within all of his power.
So Melkor was released but under strict watch until he seemed cured of evil. He would give council to the Eldar and it was of great worth. But he was not totally accepted especially by Ulmo and Tulkas. When Melkor past him Tulkas would clench his hands for he saw a darkness welling within Melkor. But for now things were at peace. Then Melkor met Feanor........
Old 12-23-2003, 03:28 PM   #25
Lord Manafirogh
Elven Warrior

Feanor meets Melkor

Feanor knew little of Melkor and cared not. He had heard of the tidings in Beleriand and cared little of the tidings of the Valar.
Melkor desired to brake the friendship of the Valar with the Eldar. So he started slowly to created lies concerning the sons of Finwe. He spread rumours that Fingolfin and his sons were plotting to usurp the leadership of Finwe and the elder line of Feanor. Also he spread lies that the valar desired the silmarils were at their command.
Feanor had already started speaking out in public concerning the Noldor and their flight to Beleriand. There was great unrest in Terion and Finwe called all hes lords before him. Fingolfin was had rushed to Finwe and ask “what right has he to speak for our people has if he was king?” Even has Fingolfin his half brother spoke Feanor walked in.Fully armed with his high helm and his Mighty sword and he spoke.
“So it is, even as I guessed, My half-brother would be before me with my father and take thy due place!” Then he drew his sword out and turned to Fingolfin and at length spoke.
“Get thee gone, and take thy due place!”
Fingolfin bowed to Finwe and left from the chamber. Even then Feanor fallowed him and stopped Fingolfin and drew his bright sword and pointed it at Fingolfins breast and said;
“See half-brother! This is sharper then thy tongue. Try but once more more to usurp my lace and love of my father, and maybe it will red the noldor of one who seeks to be master of thralls.”
Many saw this and Feanor was brought before Mandos and banished for twelve years from Tirion.
Feanor left Tirion with his sons and Finwe too went with him and they made a strong hold in the hills and the silmarils were locked in a chamber of iron. The lies of Melkor had worked and fingolfin took charge of the noldor in Tirion.
Learning of the deeds of Melkor, Tulkas searched for him in vain. At length Melkor came to the hill of Formenos and spoke with feanor before his doors. Melkor spoke to and told him how his words had come true and how feanor was banished unjustly. Then Melkor offered his aid to Feanor. So close was Feanor to accepting his offer but Melkor added:
“Here is a strong place, and well guarded; but think not that the Silmarils will lie safe in any treasure within the realm of the Valar!”
Melkors cunning overreached his aim. His words touched too deep and awoked a fierce fire. Feanor looked upon Melkor with his eyes and pierced the mind of Melkor and saw the lust he had for the silmarils. Then hate came over Feanor and he cursed Melkor and bade him be gone saying;
“Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!”
Then he slammed the door of his house in the face of the mightiest of all the dwellers in Ea.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:58 PM   #26
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

Then Melkor departed in shame, for he was himself in peril, and he saw not this time yet for revenge; but his heart was black with anger. And Finwe was filled with great fear, and with haste he sent messengers to Manwe in Valmar.

Now the Valar were in council fearing the lenghthening of the shadows and another rise of Melkor. At once Orome and Tulkas sprang up, but even as they set out in persuit messengers told them that Melkor had fled through the Calacirya, and from the hill of Tuna the Elves had seen him pass in wrath as a thundercloud.

Thus Melkor had departed from Valinor, and for a while the two trees shone again unshadowed, and the land was filled with light. But the Valar sought in vain for tidings of their enemy; and as a cloud far off that looms ever higher, borne upon a slow cold wind, a doubt now marred the joy of all the dwellers in Aman, dreading they knew not what evil that mmight yet come.
Old 12-23-2003, 04:14 PM   #27
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul The darkening of Valinor

When Manwe heard of the tidings of Melkors departure, he believed Melkor would return to his old fortresses of the North and so Orome and Tulkas went that way with all haste. But it was for no purpose as Melkor had passed away in secret behind them to the south. Melkor was still a Valar and could shape change or walk unclad like his brethren, though that power he was soon to lose forever.

Thus unseen he came to the dark region of Avathar. This was a desolate and cold wasteland where the shadows of the mountains were deepest and thickest in the world; and there in Avathar, the secret and unknown, Ungoliant made her abode. The Eldar knew not whence she came; but some have said that in ages long before she descended from the darkness that lies about Arda, when Melkor first looked down in envy upon the kingdom of Manwe, and at the beginning she was one of those corrupted to his service. But she had disowned her Master, desiring to be her mistress of her own lust, taking all things to herself to feed her emptiness; and she fled to the south, escaping assaults of the Valar and the Hunters of Orome, for their vigilance had ever been to the North, and the south was long unheeded.
Old 12-23-2003, 04:43 PM   #28
Galdor the tall
Hobbit

durin the deathless

while the eldar grew in power in Valinor the dwarfs awoke in the mountains and they took Durin the Deathless as their lord. While the elfs prospered in the presents of the valar, the dwarfs of middle earth fought wars against melkor. Durin the daethless had three kingdoms norgrod,belegost and the greatest of all Khazadum the greatest city of stone ever. The dwarfs in arda were strong and stout they could weald anything as there arm strenght was tremendous. They made the strongest armour out of mithril, this mithril was like silver but stronger than iron. Morgoth could not overthrow the king of the dwarfs as he had great armies clad in mithril. But this mithril could only be found in the depths of khazadum.The dwarfs wore evil looking masks to scare there enemies, they were evil to look upon. AND FOR THE RECORD ZEAUR IS FINGOLFIN AND I AM DURIN THERE HAS BEEN A SLIGHT CHANGE. Belegost and nogrod were part of beleriand

Last edited by Galdor the tall : 12-23-2003 at 06:12 PM.
Galdor the tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 09:06 AM   #29
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul The dying of the light

So Melkor found Ungoliant and he was pleased with her might. She had an emptiness inside her for violence and destruction and Melkor saw this and said,''If thou should follow me into the Kingdom of kings and overthrow their light i would grant you what your heart desires'' Melkor said this as a shameless lie but his powers of deciet were too great for Ungoliant to see through.

About them she wove a web of darkness; an Unlight, in which things to be seemed no more, and which eyes could not pierce, for it was void.

Now it was a time of festival, as Melkor knew well. Though all tides were at the will of the Valar, and in Valinor there was no winter or death, none the less they dwelt in the kingdom of Arda; and here they gather the children of Iluvatar and they eat and drin, and gather the fruits from yavanna, which under Eru they were made. And in that very hour of happiness and light Melkor and Ungoliant came hastening over the fields of Valinor, as the shadow of a great, black cloud upon the wind fleets over the sunlit earth; and they came before the green mound of Ezellohar. Then the Unlight of Ungoliant rose up even to the roots of the Trees, and Melkor sprang upon the mound; and with his black spear he smote each Tree to its core, wounding them deep, and their sap poured forth as if it were their blood, and was spilled upon the ground. But Ungoliant sucked it up, and going from Tree to Tree she set her black beak to their wounds and, till they were drained; and the poison of death that was in her went into their tissues and withered them, root, branch, and leaf; and they died. And still she thirsted, and going to the wells of Varda she drank them dry; but Ungoliant belched forth black vapurs as she drank, and swelled to a shape so vast and hideous that Melkor was afraid.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:49 AM   #30
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

So the great darkness fell upon Valinor and with it came a nameless horror. No song of the Valar or Eldar could contain all the grief and terror that then befell. For it was indeed made by malice out of light, and it had power to pierce the eye, and to enter the heart and mind, and strangle the very will.

Then the persuit was begun; and the earth shook from the host of Orome, and a fire that was stricken from the hooves of Nahar was the first light that returned to Valinor. But soon as they came close to the cloud of Ungoliant they became blinded with dismay and fear and they were scattered and never returned.

Tulkas was caught in the black nets and stood powerless and beat the air in vain. But when the darkness had passed it was too late: Melkor had gone whither he would, and his vengence was acheived.
Old 12-26-2003, 03:52 PM   #31
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul The return of the dark lord

Now with Ungoliant by his side Melkor hastened North to the holds of Formenos. All fled from the dark terror that surrounded them. Melkor came before the great iron doors of Feanors hold and there stood Finwe alone did he not flee from the horror of darkness and high above his held he held a mighty glittering sword. He would not allow Melkor to pass. So Melkor laughed a terrible laugh and the earth shook but still Finwe stood strong and declared that the only way Melkor would gain entry to Formenos would be to slay him so Melkor said,’ So be it’ and smote Finwe with his spear slaying him. He then broke the doors and raided the hordes and treasures above all seizing the Silmarils. Even though contained in a crystal shell the light from them seared his hand and they were marred black.

These he hid deep within his cloaks from Ungoliant who would have consumed them or attacked Melkor for them.

So with his booty Melkor and Ungoliant left Valinor by the way of the Helcaraxe the ‘grinding ice’ and entered northern Beleriand. Here he returned to his old fortress of Angband and delved anew the vast, underground vaults and dungeons. Ungoliant was given all she desired and was contented. She wove her web of Darkness around the borders of Melkors kingdom and any that strayed into it would be consumed in a mindless terror or chased by imaginary demons. Above Angband, Melkor reared Thangorodrim, the terrible three-peaked mountain of slag and ash. It continually spewed forth foul fumes and poisonous smoke which clouded the North and defiled the lands around Angband. Within the depths of his Fortress, Melkor unearthed his Balrog legions and Gothmog, a mighty maiar demon was their captain. His Orc armies were once again breeding at a frightening pace and Angband was swollen with them. He armed them with black iron and steel and their helms were forged into forms of twisted beasts and monsters. Melkors war machine would be driven by the iron fist of the Orc. War would soon be coming to Beleriand, but little did he know that their saviours would swiftly come from the west in the form of the Noldor elves.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:39 PM   #32
Lord Manafirogh
Elven Warrior

flight of the noldor

Feanor was called in the ring of doom and Manwe said:
"Wilt thou grant Yavanna the Silmarils?"
There was long silence and Feanor said no word. Tulkas urged Feanor to speak but still Feanor made no answer. Then at last Feanor said
“The silmarils are a part of my heart and breaking them would break my heart and hinder my spirit but…..”
Then he was interrupted by a messenger from Formenos. He brought evil tidings from Formenos. A great shadow had passed there and Melkor was seen there. He came to the house of feanor and slew Finwe for he would not stand and watch Melkor take the Silmarils.
Then Feanor rose and he cursed Melkor and named him Morgoth, the Black foe of the World. By this name was Melkor was known ever after. Feanor left the halls for his father was dearer to him then the Light of Valinor or any jewel his hands made.
Feanor urged his people to take up arms and retrive what was theirs for he was a master of words. Fierce were his words and proud, filled with anger and pride. Feanor claimed the Kingship of the Noldor. Long he spoke and urged the Noldor to be free and rule great realms in Beleriand. Then Feanor swore a terrible oath. He called his seven sons and they bowed before him and drew their swords. They swore to pursue with vengeance any that kept the silmarils be he elf, man, demon, or any creature, great or small, good or evil. Manwe was called has a witness and he should curse any that broke the oath.
At length Feanor prevailed and the most part of the Noldor assembled and were eager to find new lands and walk upon Beleriand again and its beauty. Fingolfin also came for he did not wish to leave his people behind and betray his father. Also he too wanted revenge but he did not show it. Finarfin spoke softy and he did not wish to leave Valinor.
Even as Feanor marched out of the gates of Terion a messenger came from Manwe and he said:
“Go not forth for the hour is evil. It is against the Valars will and no aid will the Valar lend you but neither will they hinder you in this, for with free will you came and with freely you shall depart.”
Then Feanor sent this message to Manwe.
“If Feanor cannot defeat Morgoth then he at least will delay not to assail him, and not sit in grief. Such hurt will I do to the foe of the Valar that even the mightiest in the ring of doom shall wonder to hear it. Yea, in the end they shall fallow me. FAREWELL!!”
In that hour the voice of feanor grew so great that even the messenger of the valar bowed to him as one fully answered. So the march went on an the. Feanor led them northward for his purpose was to fallow Morgoth.
To Alqualonde he went to seek the help of the Teleri for they were great craftsmen of ships and they loved the sea. Feanor need their ships to cross the sea and reach Beleriand. But the teleri loved theirs ships like feanor loved the silmarils and he understood them and seeked their help and building ships but he had no time to wait for the building of 30 ships. For he need many to take all his people. There was one other path. Through the terror of the Helcaraxe. Cruel hills of ice. None but the valar and Ungolian had dared to cross the Helcaraxe but Feanor left with no choise ordered his people to cross the Helcaraxe and said farwell to the Teleri. Great suffering they had and Turgon lost his wife in the crossing but at length they came finally in Beleriand and came to the land which later was to be called Hithlum.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:59 PM   #33
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul The breath of War

The spies of Morgoth had long forseen the host of the Noldor across the Helcaraxe and Morgoth was struck by the sheer amount of Eldar that had come he had a brief fear that his hosts would not prevail against them. But as he looked upon his legions he was filled with confidence. He then delved deep into the earth and uncovered terrible monsters that were put into his service. Flying monsters like giant bats were given harnesses and upon them rode many Orcs with bows and spears. So his spies informed Morgoth of his enemies move into Hithlum and his Leuitenants wished to attack now while they were contained within the walls of the Ered Wethrin. Morgoth listened and opened the gates of Angband and unleashed 3 great hosts of Orcs armed with great spears and axes as Morgoth had seen the weapons of Feanor and had copied their image for his own legions. However he did not unleash his full strenght he kept back his Balrogs, Wolves and Ogrilokis (giant bats) and reserves of Orcs incase his 3 armies were totally destroyed.

So across the Ard-Galen they came in din raiment so as to not draw attention. They came to the foothills of the Ered Wethrin were they were seen by the Eldar look outs. Horns were blown and the elves drew arms with Feanor at the very front. The Orc captains ordered the charge and the first battle of the war of the jewels began.....
Old 12-27-2003, 07:53 AM   #34
Lord Manafirogh
Elven Warrior

The battle under Stars

The noldor were surprised by the sudden attack upon them and they had just made camps when the horns blew and the Noldor rose to answer the challenge of their enemy. By surprise the Noldor were taken, none the less they were swift to respond for they had the greatest of the Elfs among themselves. Feanor and his sons were there, Maedros, Maglor, Celegorm, Curanthir, Curufin, Amrod and Amras.
Fingolfin had his two sons and his young daughter was there, Fingon, Turgon and Aredhel.
Finarfin was there too for he couldn’t live in valinor without his sons and his daughter, Finrod, Oradreth, Angrod, Aegnor and Galadriel.
Feanor assembled his people quickly and ordered for scouts to see the strength Morgoth had brought before them. Great formations Feanor made and archers he had at the back line supporting the front line where he himself was in the center of it. He was filled with anger and still had the light of aman in his eyes, so did all the noldor. And they were fierce and had long terrible swords made by Mahtan and some by Feanor himself who was thought to be the greatest craftsmen in Beleriand. He took a company with the most loyal elfs he had. He took Amras and Amrod under his wing for they were young and he feared they would careless and be slain in battle.
Meglor went with Curanthir and they were in charge of the archers who also had terrible long swords but were highly skilled with their bows.
Curufin went with Celegorm and they marched on Feanors left side.
Fingolfin took his own people and hes eyes shone for the light of the valar was still in his eyes. And he great armour he bore, glad in silver and he carried Ringil that glittered like ice. High helms the noldor wore and Feanor was clad in white and he carried the banner of the house of Finwe.
Turgon was weary for his wife had died but he was filled with malice and anger. Few dared to approach him. At that time it is said his eyes were burning with white flame and he would soon unleash his anger on the dreadful creatures of Morgoth.
Finarfin took his own people but wished not to fight but his son Finrod convinced him, for Fingon and Maedros were close friends. So the two fought together and it is said they were untouchable in battle and none dared to face them face to face, save only the highest of the host of Morgoth.
Feanor had Fingolfin on his right and Fingon and Meadros on his left. Near Meadros stood Turgon and behind Turgons host stood Curufin the dark. Archers were hidden behind hills and tress but Feanor wished to fight on flat land and he looked upon the host of Morgoth and he smiled for he knew he could not lose. But he knew too well this was only a small host from the north. Like a black cloud they moved and Feanor finally order to march forward and meet them finally head on for that’s how he wished to fight. The horns blew and the first battle of the Silmarils begun.
Old 12-27-2003, 11:12 AM   #35
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

The Orcs were hit with a tremendous volly of arrows which came down like a rain storm and many were either killed or punctured for the arrow heads pierced their shoddy armour.

Regardless they recklassly threw themselves upon the spears of the Noldor and Feanor would break rank to rush into a band of Orcs by himself. This assault steadily gained more force like a slowly rising storm and the frontline of Spearmen were driven back, to this Feanor was in a rage for he did not wish to lose ground but he had not choice. Then the Orc arrows came like a black cloud and many of the Noldor were struck down.

Then suddenly a horn blew from the right flank and there came Fingolfin and his host on horseback and they rode down hundreds of Orcs who scattered before the great steeds of the Eldar. Now the ranks of the Orcs were broken the the Noldor rose up with Feanor at their head he charged deep into their formations splitting them wide, Orcs were slain in heaps but that was but the first host. Meadhros cried out to his father to fall back and regroup but he would not listen, he charged into the solid black mass of the second host and the Eldar followed. There a savage battle ensued and many Elves were needlessly slain for Feanor fought like a crazed warrior and the Orcs were dismayed.
Old 12-27-2003, 02:28 PM   #36
Lord Manafirogh
Elven Warrior

The victory was swift but Feanor wasnt happy for he lost many elves mostly from his own house. He rushed foward too quickly with out the aid of Turgons and Fingolfins host. Feanor ordered for the scattered orcs to be chased and slain. So the small parts of orcs running in dismay were hunted down by the host of Fingolfin and Turgon.
Later Feanor made camps and there was peace for many years and few of the host of Moroght returned to Agaband.
Now in Mithrim dwelt Grey-elves, and the noldor met them with gladness. From the Grey-elves Feanor learned of the power of Thingol and he wished to meet and hold counsil with him for he knew him, for his father had told him many things about him. Finarfin also desired to meet him. Then word came to the eleves of Beleriand of the great deeds of thier mighty kindred. They were filled with hope by the coming of the Noldor and many follwed Fingolfin and Feanor.
Feanor then set to visit Menegroth and with him came Fingolfin and Finarfin for he could claim close friendship with Thingol since Finarfins wife was Earwen Olwe daughter. With Feanor went few loyal Elves and they came secretly to menegroth and Turgon and Fingon were left in charge until their return.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:30 PM   #37
Lord Manafirogh
Elven Warrior

The gathering

Finally Feanor came before Thingol. Feanor wished to make an alliance with Thingol for he knew he had a great army and Feanor need his strength to defeat Morgoth and take the silmarils back. Finarfin spoke mostly and he told Thingol what had happened. He told Thingol why they had come to Beleriand and how Morgoth with the aid of Ungolian had destroyed the trees of Valinor. Then Feanor spoke of the silmarils and that they held the light of the trees and how morgoth slew Finwe and took the silmarils. Then Thingol was grieved and Melian the Maia (his wife was touched and grieved also). Then Feanor said:
“My lord we must make an Alliance if we have any chance of defeating Morgoth, after he has destroyed the Noldor he will come after your people for he wishes to be King of Beleriand and to stop him we must work together and make alliances with Men and Dwarfs for they too will have the same doom as us.”
Thingol was proud and wise. Then he spoke. “Your wars do not concern me. Morgoth however is indeed my enemy and yours also but I do not have war with morgoth and my people are safe as far as they stay under the halls of Menegroth.”
Feanor added, “My lord if we do not make alliances we have no chance of overthrowing the dark lord. His might is greater then three Menegroth’s put together. Its is assential we make alliances. Your kin will be slaughter then your own people will suffer afterwards. We must act my Lord.”
Long they spoke and Finarfin begged they made alliances for he saw the danger that came from the north. Then finally Thingol said. “I will summon the lord of the dwarfs and we shall discuss this situation then.”
A messenger was sent to Khazad-dum and long it took for Durin lord of the dwarfs to come to Menegroth and during that time Feanor taught many elves from Menegroth how to make great jewels and make marvellous shields and swords. And he learned their tongue and many new things himself.
Durin arrived at the forty and six days from the day Feanor had arrived.
He was clad in marvellous shining mithril and a long helm that shone from distance and Feanor himself was marvelled at the crafting the dwarfs bore. During carried his axe on his back and it was long and terrible, it reached from Durins neck to his feet and the axe covered his back for it was massive. With Durin came Azhagal high lord of Belegost and he was clad in a mithril coat and bore and axe in his back and a long knife in his side. Proud was Durin and weird to the eyes of the elves. Feanor had not seen a dwarf before in his life but had a feeling he would get on with Durin.
Then he feanor spoke to Durin and said “Welcome Durin, lord of Khaad-dum. I am Feanor son of Finwe and King of the Noldor. I’m not sure if you have heard of my kin but I am glad to finally meet you”
Then Durin spoke and his voice was deep and proud.
“I too I’m glad to meet you son of Finwe, High king of the Noldor. I have been told I am here for council regarding the our foe”
Old 12-28-2003, 05:34 PM   #38
Lord Manafirogh
Elven Warrior

The Allaince

Then the council of the alliance was held. And in the huge table sat Thingol in a big chair and next to him sat Melian his wife. On the other end sat Feanor and on his right Fingolfin and on his left sat Finarfin. Durin sat not far away from Fingolfin and next to him was Azhagal. Long they debated and long they sat there discussing the situation and Feanor explained the situation clearly and he was mighty in words but Thingol was too proud and he could see that Feanor could only be using him. Durin said hes people did not want war but he was Feanor told him there was no other way but to fight for Moroght would crash them either way. Then Durin was agreed to aid the Elves and welcome elves to take shelter at desperate times under his halls. And he said he expected the same from the noldor. Feanor asked for hands crafts of the dwarfs to build swords shields and high helms for the Noldor and their own people for he saw and knew they were highly skilled in craft. He promised Durin payment in jewls of and in return he would aid Durin at times of need. So the alliance with Elves and men was made and Durin was named elf-friend. The alliance with Thingol and Durin partly existed for Durins men had helped him build Menegroth and they were happy with the payments. However Thingol would not agree to make a alliance. Long Feanor and Fingolfin and Finarfin spoke with him and reminded him of the friend ship Thingol had with their father. Melian was more convinced and asked her husband to consider the alliance for there might come a time when even Thingol would need the aid of the Noldor. Then he finally said;
“I am not happy to go to war but the doors of my house are open to Finarfina and I will aid him and his people. Of Feanor its another matter for he has a war of the silmarils and that is not a matter which concerns my people.”
Then Feanor answered. “My lord the fate of the silmarils is inside those Silmarils and dark will be the hour has long as Morgoth has them and dwells in the north plotting how he will rid us all.”
After long hours of debate and argument Thingol agreed to make an oath that he would aid the Noldor and the people of Feanor and Durin he also made alliance with. This alliance indeed raised the moral of the people of Thingol and the Noldor. The dwarfs were also happy to have the Noldor on their side for they had heard of the deeds the Noldor had in Beleriand. Feanor had achieved what he wanted and he dwelled in Menegroth for a while and asked for the help of the dwarfs to build his new strong hold which would later be decided where it would be.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:31 PM   #39
Galdor the tall
Hobbit

Tom Bombadil the realms of Durin

Durin the Deathless ruled three realms Nogrod, Belegost and Khazad-dum the greatest realm of the dwarfs. In Belegost ruled Azaghal Durins eldest son reknown for his tremendoes strenght and a great warrior in combat against Morgoth. In the realm Nogrod ruled Dain the fierce he was the younger son but wise and fair he ruled the smithie city of Nogrod most of the Traffic of Beleriand went on there and it was heavily protected by the Rhino riders of Dain. The Dwarfs rode no horses but they rode Rhino's but the Rhino's where few and not many roamed around Beleriand of late.
Galdor the tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 11:32 AM   #40
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

The spies of Morgoth had journeyed deep into Beleriand and they saw the great amount of forces at work there. Feanor had constructed a league of armies, The Noldor, The Grey-Elves and a new race of stunted people from the mountains.

Morgoth had in secret been building his own forces from the inside and his spies had captured many prisoners to work in the mines of the North, he had forced the elven prisoners to work in his humungous smithys constructing armour for his troops, but it was crafted in a dark manner with sharp spikes and black iron.

Morgoths armies were becoming too large for his Fortress of Angband so he stretched his Empire into the east and made another stronghold in the ruins of Utumno the pit. Now Morgoths plan for the destruction of Beleriand were becoming complete.His foes had only ever encountered his Orc soldiers, they knew nothing of Balrogs or War Trolls, Ogrilokies or winged Nazgul. Also in the time of the forging of the Alliances in the South, Morgoth had devised his greatest weapon yet in the flow of a great river of flame deep within the earth. This was a Dragon. A great reptilian monster with scales harder than steel, its teeth were like yellow swords, its claws like black spears. Its eyes alone were dreadful enough to paralyse even the most steadfast warrior but its flame could melt mountains. Morgoth was contented with this Beast and named it Glaurung, father of Dragons and after him came many smaller beasts of fire which followed Glaurungs path.