Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-15-2003, 11:33 PM   #1
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

"I'm fine, just a little shaken, that demon, I've seen it before, though I do not remember where," Adrian said, pressing her hand to her cheek.

"Are you sure Adrian?" Frodo asked, walking to her side.

"Yes Frodo, I am....although....it scared me....to no end...the way it looked at me....it's comming back, I'm almost positive...and when it does, it'll track me down, and take me with it."
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 12:55 AM   #2
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: By the way, when is the story set? I don't want to say something like "The Road was safe ever since there was a King in Gondor again" if that's out of place.
Moving things along so I can play with other characters...

Nob and Teleri tacitly agreed to spend the night at the Green Dragon. It had been dark for a while and they didn't want to stay on the road any longer. They were tired and hungry.

Everything was quiet as they paid for a room and stabling for their horses.

There was a commotion in the crowded common room. People stood around a young lady, who seemed shaken. Teleri approached a Dwarf, the person standing nearest her. She was carrying her pack with her left hand, and tapped him lightly on the shoulder with her right.

"Excuse me," she said, "What happened here?"
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 10:36 PM   #3
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

I walked into hte inn, paid, and looked around. There was a group of people gathered around a girl who seemed thurougly shaken. I pushed my way through, and helped her up. "You alright?" I asked quietly.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 10:41 PM   #4
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Kauilani rode slowly toward Hobbiton, humming a tune she had not heard in a long time. It was a song her father had sung to her every night when she was little. One her mother had never bothered to sing. Suddenly, the wind seemed to pick up and Lani knew something was wrong. She sped up as she neared Hobbiton.
~~~~~~~~~~
Kauilani dismounted her horse and walked into the normally peacefull town. As she neared an inn, she could hear voices that sounded full of concern and worry. Lani entered the inn and saw many wide-eyed hobbits and one in particular that seemed to have been the victim of.....whatever had happened. She walked up to a dwarf and asked, "What happened here?"
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 01:10 AM   #5
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Vespertilio stared out into a small glade from the cover of the trees that encircled it: there sat two men and one woman around a campfire, speaking softly together. "Cubus," muttered Vespertilio softly, and closing her fist in front of her face she quenched the life of the fire and entered the clearing; there was little conflict; but at the end, when Vespertilio murmured "Fulgere," and the fire sprang alight again, all three humans lay on the forest floor, robbed of blood with looks of terror on their faces. As Vespertilio's hand passed over the fire it grew stronger: satisfied, she took the carcasses and tossed them into the fire.

Vespertilio caught a flicker of movement out the corner of her eye: turning, she saw a large, hairy black tarantula scuttle across a rock; she lifted her crossbow from her side and shot the arachnid, collected the fangs and left.

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 01:27 AM   #6
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

"Excuse me, what happened here?" A young lady asked Hendel.

"I-" He began.

"What happened here?" Another young woman asked him.

"I really don't know," Hendel continued, "From what I could gather a monster of some sort came in here and attacked that Halfling."

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 03:30 AM   #7
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"Thanks," said Teleri, slightly awkward. She hadn't seen the other woman, and didn't mean to harass the Dwarf.

Teleri stepped back, hoping the thing wouldn't come back and attack someone else.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 12-17-2003, 11:09 PM   #8
Aewionen
Elf Lord

"I see, thank you." Kauilani said to the dwarf. She looked around the inn to see if the attacker had left any trace behind, but found nothing. "Must be used to doing this." she whispered to herself. She stood a distance from the young hobbit who had been attacked, seeing if she had been wounded or had recieved some sort of scar. "Nothing but a scar on her cheek..." Kauilani said with a sigh. She went to a corner, away from the commotion. "Why? Why would someone come to the Shire, attack a young girl and then leave without seriously wounding their victim?" Lani stayed in the corner and continued to ponder what had suposedly happened.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)

Last edited by Aewionen : 12-19-2003 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:38 PM   #9
Adrian Baggins

ooc: she did hurt me....I got a cut on my cheek...HELLO!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Old 12-19-2003, 12:45 AM   #10
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

The Hobbit woman wasn't hurt, and the commotion died down. Nob wanted to obtain the necessary supplies, so Teleri quietly handed him the money belt.

"I'll catch up to you in a bit," Teleri said to Nob as he left. She was curious about the attack, and wanted to find out more. From the snippets of conversation she picked up, it didn't seem like an ordinary attacker.
Quote:
Old 12-19-2003, 01:30 AM   #11
Aewionen
Elf Lord

ooc: right...sorry I'll change it.

ic: Kauilani walked over to the dwarf again, "Seems a bit odd doesn't it?" she said as she approached him.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

Old 12-19-2003, 02:04 AM   #12
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Vespertilio's hands were stained with blood as she dropped the eye of Rûthnár – a young dragon that had haunted the Grey Mountains for several decades – into a glass jar. She already had a glass tube in which was contained the venom of a cobra, and a small felt pouch that held the large pincers of the tarantula she had killed the previous night, and now she returned to her Lady's fortress to present to Gilitnalia these components she was sent to retrieve.

Upon the long uncharted path to Gilitnalia's black citadel, Vespertilio encountered a stray horde of orcs, hiding from the daylight in a dank cave: she called one to her service and led him to the stronghold.

~~~~~

"Vespertilio," Gilitnalia hissed as the Vampire entered her chambers. "Have you the ingredients? Show them to me."

Vespertilio bowed and lay the contents she had gathered before her mistress's feet: the spider's fangs – not yet ground, but whole and sharp – the snake's poison in the cell and the dragon eye, still gazing out through the glass.

"Good," whispered Gilitnalia. "You have done well."

"I've more than this," said Vespertilio. "You entreated the fur of a tortured animal?" she raised an eyebrow and smiled evilly; bringing her hand out form behind her back, she dropped an orc's head at Gilitnalia's feet.

Gilitnalia luaghed: hers was a deep, soft cackle that echoed throughout the stone chamber. "You ever were the more elaborate in thought," she remarked. She toughed Vespertilio's face with a long, cold hand; Vespertilio brought her own hand up to Gilitnalia's and kissed her lady's palm.

"Thank you, My Lady," she murmured.

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 02:23 AM   #13
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
ic: Andrith rode swiftly into The Shire, her heart pounding faster then the speed of her horse. What had happened in Lorien after she left? Did the fire kill everything? Was her mom okay? The anxiousness inside of her had entirely wiped her out. She could barely breathe as it was.
The first establishment of civilization she came to was a small tavern, the words 'Green Dragon' printed in green (obviously) on a sign hanging above it.
She jumped off Gilli, and ran inside, Alexiel at her heels. She burst through the door, and faced five hobbits and some others.
"Help! My home, it's being destroyed by...by..." She sighed. "Not like you'll believe me...but it's being destroyed by that purplish-blackish type cloud thingy." She nodded out the window.
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 06:56 PM   #14
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

"Seems a bit odd doesn't it?" One of the ladies asked Hendel.

"Aye, that it does," He replied, "What sort of creature would single out one Hobbit, scare the living daylights out of her, and leave her with naught but a small scar? There's more at work here than it seems..." He wanted to ask young Adrian a few questions, but she was surrounded by people at the moment. He'd wait, let her recover a bit first. In the meantime, might as well make conversation. "I'm Hendel of Erebor, what's your name lass?"

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 09:16 PM   #15
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
Andrith became puzzled as no one even looked at her after her little anouncement. Most of the people in the tavern were surrounding a small little hobbit which she had met once before.
"ADRIAN BAGGINS! YOU BEDAMNED LITTLE HOBBIT!!" Andrith cried, pushing her way through the crowd of people, and lacing her arms around Adrian's neck.
"I storm in here screaming and ranting, yet you still don't see me?! Is this the kind of treatment for a long-time friend oh, short-one?" Andrith asked, smiling at Adrian.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:04 PM   #16
Adrian Baggins

"Yes! That is, how are you Andrith," I said, smiling up at the elf who was nearly choking me.

"LET GO OF MY SISTER SHE-ELF!!" Frodo yelled, slamming hard into Andrith's back and knocking her over. "You alright Adrian?" he asked, helping me keep my balance.

"Yes Frodo," I said before muttering, "Overprotective brothers."

"I heard that!"

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

Old 12-19-2003, 10:21 PM   #17
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

"FRODO BAGGINS!! WHAT IN MORDOR IS YOUR PROBLEM? It is only me, Andrith of Lorien." Andrith replied, as she pulled herself from the ground.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:48 PM   #18
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Asmalinde faded as best she could while in armour into the background until the elf had come bursting in. Now she broke through the happy renunited hobbit group and addressed the girl without preamble. "What has happened? Are you from Lorien? Is the Lady alright?" She asked calmly, but was already making ready to go even as the woman answered.
"We have no time for happy reunions. If the Lady perishes, then so will the rest of us. I ride to Lorien. Find someone to give you a ride back, and bring reinforcements. They will only be killed, but they can help evacuate the woods. Try and get men, though. We have no time for hobbit silliness!" Her eyes softened for a moment, as she added," I know that some of you little fold are worthwhile, but many of you would simply get underfoot.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 12:18 AM   #19
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

The girl mumbled something about "Jeorg.. Vampire... Vespertillo..." I had enough of that, so I calmly asked for her room number, and brought her to her room. I made sure that all the windows were closed, and the door was locked before I left her there, and returned to the scene.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 01:19 AM   #20
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

ooc: hmm? what?

ic: "I believe the lady is fine...my mother, I mean...I do think she survived whatever has happened in Lorien. I can feel her spirit, and it still feels very much alive."