Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-07-2003, 02:56 PM   #21
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Kalile paused for a moment, then volunteered," I might know a place. It won't be very fancy, but a place to bed down for a few hours. Be warned, though," she cautioned,"they won't be the kind of people you two probably know."
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 03:01 PM   #22
Opan
Enting

Opan looked at Kalile closley.....although they had only met she felt safety in her and a sense of loyalty...
She looked at Luthien and then back at Kalile...
''Lead the way my friend'' she said...''I'm sure we can manage the night'' she answered with a little aprihension, after all they had still only met.
Opan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 03:14 PM   #23
Kalile

Kalile put two fingers in her mouth and blew three short, shrill whistles. These was answered by two long whistles, and Kalile grinned. "I hoped they would hear." Two figures appeared out of the shadows. They were both dressed in raggedy clothes, but seemed adequately fed. "What do you need, Kally?" the taller of the two asked. "We need a place to sleep," she answered, indicating the two behind her. The shorter one drew in his breath. "Alright, Kally," he said at last,"if you're sure."
The two strangers led them over the rooftops and through strange places. They actually hadn't gone very far when they arrived. "We're here!" the taller announced softly. "Here" was an abandoned part of the city, where it hit the mountain. In the mountain were innumerable cubby holes of various sizes, full of blankets and quilts. The shorter man said apologetically, "I'm afraid the three of you have to share a bunk tonight. There are some that will fit three. Sorry Kally, but you know the rules. You gotta stay with your guests." "It's fine, Gusta," she answered, and climbed into one of the lower holes. "They're comfortable enough for now. Come on!"
Old 06-07-2003, 04:13 PM   #24
Opan
Enting

Opan looked around the hollow space that they has just inhabited. The wals were a dark brown and an earthy smell filled her nose. She looked toward Kalile who was most comforatble in the surroundings. She was not used to this sort of surrounding, but she had been in many far worse places than this. She slowly climbed into a vacant hole and layed, it swallowed her in evryway physically into a comfort zone that she had not bargained for. Her journay had taken its toll, her eyes were growing ever heavy.
''Kalile......I....I must thank..Thank you...." she slurred as her eyes slowly slide shut instanly and she began to fall into sleep.

As she swirled into a mental depth of her mind she beagin her dream or some may say preminition over again, the vivid pictures were as clear each night as the month before it, but a change had began a change in the dream that she had not expected.
Old 06-07-2003, 06:00 PM   #25
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien had been quiet throughout their entire walk. She was loking around, observing her surroundings. Now that they had arrived to Kalile's suggestion for shelter, she spoke.

"I've seen worse," she said to herself, looking around.

She slid into a vacant hole and lay her head back. She had traveled long that day and was weary. Anywhere she could have layed her head would have appeared inviting. As she lay in her hole, she wondered where she was. However, her weariness overtook her and she faded out of consciousness and into a deep sleep.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Indril Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 06:59 PM   #26
Kalile

Hours or minutes later, Kalile awoke. Someone was outside! She tensed in the darkness, ready for anything...
"Kally!"

"Gusto?"

"Listen, Kally. There is a group headed this way. They carry swords and shields, and have an evil smell. You three have to get out of here. We know that they are searching for you, and we are all in grave danger. If you don't go... our people are in danger."
Kalile tried to reason. "Just how large is this group?"
Gusto's whisper was breathless with fear. "They outnumber us by a lot. This group knows that nothing in this part of the city is watched. Someone could march a bloody army in here and go unnoticed. That is how we manage here."
"You're right. We should go," Kalile answered nervously
Gusto sighed heavily," I would not ask you to go, but there are children here, and sick ones that cannot fight."
"I understand Gusto."
Old 06-07-2003, 09:42 PM   #27
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien awoke with a start. She looked around. There was a foul smell in the air.

"Something is afoot," she said.

Making sure that none of her belongings were left behind, she went to find the small elf and Opan. Something told her that they must move on. Soon, she came upon Kalile, the small elf.

"What's wrong?" she asked her, noticing the look of alarm in her face.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 06-08-2003, 05:43 AM   #28
Opan
Enting

Opan woke from her deep slumber by a hard nudge from Luthien...
''There is somthing afoot, we must go find kalile'' she said.
Opan stared at her for a short while then heaved herself outof the hole were she had had the best sleep in many years.
''Do you know what it is'' opan said as she caught a nose full of the pungant aroma int he air.
She folowed Luthein as she said nothing.
''Kalile mus know'' Opan shouted with growing fear in her, Luthien was a secluded charater at times which Opan found unerving at this time.
They finally reached Kalile who had just parted fromt he men that had brough them to the hiding.
''What is going on Kalile.''
"Whats all this about'' she asked
Old 06-08-2003, 09:28 PM   #29
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
ooc: this is the post where I join up with you. I hope it's not too bad

Myanduri put up with the tendings of the Elves. Even though her feelings for them were anything but pleasant, she endured them and did, after a time, feel much better. She felt revived. Then they began interrogating her.
"Why have you come to the Golden Wood?" asked one of them. "And whence have you come?"
"I hail from Ithilien. I am Myanduri. I have no home, no family, no surname. I have come to the Golden Wood for I am told there is one here who knows all and may tell me my past."
With this comment, the Elf withdrew and whispered among his comrades.
"You seek the Lady of the Wood," he said. "She may help you, and she may not. That is for her to decide. But we shall bring you to her."
And with that, they picked her up and led her to a large open area of the wood. In the middle was a basin of some sort. "Wait here," they said.
It was not long (or perhaps it only seemed so) until a very tall Elf came into the clearing. Myanduri was shocked by her... what was the word?? Yes. Ethereal beauty. She was immaculate. And when she spoke, it was not like words coming out of her mouth, but something was stirring in Myanduri's soul. And although the Elf spoke in elvish, Myanduri knew what she was saying. She took a pitcher, filled it with water from a nearby spring, and pured it into the basin.
"I will tell you from whence you come," said the Elf. "But you must first swear to me an act of service as recompense."
Myanduri was fully under her spell. "Anything," she said. "I will do anything for the knowledge of my fathers."
"Look into the Mirror."

Myanduri stepped up to the basin and looked into it. At first she saw her own reflection, but then it melted into the face of an Elf. The resemblance was striking. He and the human woman with him looked onto the face of a baby. She looked more closely at the baby's face and saw her own. She reeled back in horror. THen she saw a scene of war. She saw the Elf and his wife torn from each other's arms. The Elf was murdered in front of his lover, and the woman was taken away with the men attacking. And then, Myanduri saw herself, the baby, lying on a cobblestone street. She was crying, and it was raining. The images faded.

Myanduri looked up at the Lady of the Wood, tears in her eyes. "Is it true?"
The Lady gave her a sideways glance. "It is," she said in her deep voice.
"Then what is this act of service you require of me, my Lady?"
"They will tell you," said the Lady of the Wood.
And the Lady was gone, as was the basin. Myanduri was in an abandoned part of the city. There were two elves and a short something. She smiled at them nervously.
"Hello."

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 01:57 PM   #30
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien looked in the direction of the voice, unsheathing her dagger in one quick move.

"Who are you?" she asked the stranger, pointing the dagger in her direction. "And do not toy with me for I am fiercest when lied to."
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 06-09-2003, 04:20 PM   #31
Kalile

Gusto jumped slightly, a rare thing. "How did you find your way here?" he asked, slightly panicked,"could you lead others here if needed?"

Kalile was worried. Standing next to her jumpy friend, she cried,"We don't have time! We must go now! Tell us who you are, but make it quick please. We have an army on our tail, and the deaths of many will be on our hands if we don't move it."
Old 06-09-2003, 09:41 PM   #32
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
"I am Myanduri," she said. "In return for telling me of my origins, I promised an act of service to the Lady of the Wood. She sent me here and told me that you would give me more information. How I got here, I do not know."

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 12:51 AM   #33
Kalile

Kalile breathed a sigh of relief, but Gusto still looked unconvinced. "Not to be rude, or anything, but could you, in fact, prove this? Terribly sorry, but it would be inconvenient for me if my people were found by anyone." He stood there, arms folded, waiting for an answer as air fairly crackled with tension.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:59 AM   #34
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Suddenly, out of the shadows a tall figure emerged. All four drew their weapons but a clear ringing voice rang from the newcomer, "Well met Opan, Kalile, Luthien. Hello stranger," he said to Myanduri.

Opan looked closely at this newcomer. Suddenly she laughed, "Fimbren, you had us terrified!"

The tall golden haired elf laughed as he pushed back his green hood. "Sorry Opan dear, I think...quiet!" he suddenly whispered urgently. "Let's go now! A group of soldiers is coming, we must get out of this city!"
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 01:07 PM   #35
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Fimbren was quite a tall elf, and looked like he may prove useful. Luthien wasn't keen on strangers, but there was no time to be picky.

"There's no time to waste," said Luthien. "Let's move!"

Gusto lead them through a series of pathways, until they finally reached a dark forrest. The small lights of torches danced as the army drew nearer.

"You must go into the forest to seek shelter or bring ruin to us all," said Gusto.

Luthien was the first to enter the dark forest, blade in hand. Trees loomed and a dense air hung about. They had been lead by the light of the moon, but now they ould only go by their instincts as the light of the moon was blocked by a thick canopy.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Indril Anarion : 06-10-2003 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:59 PM   #36
Opan
Enting

From sleep to full speed run Opan went into autopiolet not thinking about what she was doing. Fimbren had arrived, she felt safe now.
They all traveled fast through the tree clad forest running from a source unknown to them, but they felt it was nessesary. As they ran Opan noticed markings on Myanduri, markings that she also had been given many years ago, the mark of the Lady. Opan had no time to think, but registering this she carried on behind the rest, but still close by Fimbren.
''It's been a while Fimbren'' She panted as they ran
''Indeed it has, indeed it has'' he replied.
They gave each other a smirk and continued to run, the opposition was hot on their tail.
''Gusto....were are we going'' Opan yelled to the front looking for some sort of guidance.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:22 PM   #37
Kalile

Gusto did not answer for a moment. At last he gasped, "You must go from here. This is beyond my territory. If you head north from here, you will come to the sea. There are docks nearby. Farewell, Kally," he said looking back at her, but she was gone.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:44 PM   #38
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

"Where is Kalile?" asked Luthien, as she panted.

Looking around she was nowhere to be found. Luthien was disppointed that her keen senses had not picked up Kalile's absence sooner.

She looked at Opan and then to Fimbren. Then she looked to the north, where Gusto had directed them.

"Well? Do we go on without her and wait for her by the docks? Or do we stay here and risk getting found by whoever is pursuing us?"
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 06-11-2003, 06:59 PM   #39
Kalile

"Go on," Gusto advised,"Kally knows where the docks are."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kalile, meanwhile, was running with her group. She was a little surprised that they made no sound, but not overly. Gradually, she became aware that the footsteps had stopped, though everyone was still with her. As she thought that, the people's colors became muted, and wrong somehow. Illusion!
Kalile growled. To be fooled by such a thing... her thought was cut short, as was her breath, by something solid. Kalile would have thought it was a tree, but trees don't go "Oof!", nor do they sit down hard.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:17 PM   #40
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: I take it that the "tree" in question is me?

I had found a small band of travelers. One of who I could not mistake, even with her mineut stature. I followed Kalile and the small band she lead. But, I soon heard another group approaching from behind and went to investigate. unsurprisingly enough, a small war band was after them. Knowing Kalile, that wasnt hard to imagine. I rushed ahead in front of them, guessing that they were headed to the docks.

I cast a small spell under my breath to fool with Kalile. As i knew she would, she got through the spell and rammed into me.

"oof."

"Who are you?" She was very starled, and on the verge of fighting with me.

"who do you think?" I was smilling from ear to ear.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote