Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2006, 08:08 PM   #21
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Elves and humans are in most of my fanasty

Callas- warg like creature that is bigger and faster than a horse

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:57 AM   #22
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Giants

At the begining of time there were 13 giants. They were guardians of the north, the south , the east, the west, fire, water, air, ground, wood, three orbs and the other giants.

(Lord-protects the other giants.)
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King

Last edited by strider8 : 05-01-2006 at 02:12 PM.
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:26 AM   #23
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Here's one idea I forgot to mention-my first real creature creation!

Skolisklairs: Man-height lizard-like creatures, who move with incredible agility and grace. Some say that they are the Iari on earth.

And some evil guys to round it out...
Liskhar (goblins): These are ugly, four-to-five-foot scaled creatures. They usually fight unarmed, and can twist out of practically any grip. (think Grey Man from Wheel of Time) They usually keep to the jungles, and race through the forest canopy, pouncing on prey below.

Leekhar: Basically man-sized snakes.

Orcs: The most evil and powerful of the Dark Races, they are a corruption of humans. All orcs are cunning and brutal, and they possess a fierce wrath.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #24
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider8
Bird-People (idea)
When I was a kid I invented a nation of bird ninjas. You know like the ninja turtles only they were birds.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:13 AM   #25
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
When I was a kid I invented a nation of bird ninjas. You know like the ninja turtles only they were birds.
That has given me an idea. A group of humans in giant bird form.

They were part of a spaceshuttle and they were investigating a new planet, when they were sucked in by a giant purple blob. When they woke up they were giant birds.
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
Old 05-23-2006, 01:24 PM   #26
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Juicy Thread

This is certainly a juicy thread for me. I write Fantasy as a hobby. Instead of just using standard characters I am one who invents my own. I will discribe them only breifly here, but I have written rather lenthy texts on each one.

Motins - People somewhat like Ents but similar in hieght to humans. The men are quite human looking with vivid green hair and long arms and legs. The women are very tree-like. They can look like anything from an Apple to an Oak. Larger races of Motins are refered to as 'Green Bloods. In many cutures they are a slave race.

Gumsas - These are the Dwarves of my realm. Both sexes are bearded, they are small in stature and have very adundant hair. This is where all similarity with the familar Dwarf ends. They can generate electricity with thier bodies and shock people.

Sherals - Large sentient beings that look like thunderclouds to the casual eye. They can affect the weather.

Dramiac peoples - Also called the Antlered peoples. They resemble Deer, Elk, Moose, etc. but they have an upright posture and a large intelligent brain. They are the dominant race on many continents.

Just call me Oakie
Huorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:44 PM   #27
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
I just weave tales in my head but here's a few of the races I use:

Elves(Not new):

Basicly good for the most part, but realy wimpy.

Humans(What do you think?):

Can be sorta good, but they have a real meen streak

Dwarves(Not new):

I go with a cross between Tolkien dwarves and Lewis dwarves, incredably good at everthing but relations with anything bigger. (And they're short)

Flying lawn gnomes(Sorta new):

Hehehe, this popped up on Runescape amongst my sisters buddy list, I like the idea... BEWARE THE FLYING LAWN GNOMES!!!

Dragons(Not new):

Big, flameing, hard to kill, lizards basicly... As for intellagence they are greedy but a long life gets them alot of knowleage, they do talk...

Varying names(I made it up and I can't figure out a good name):

Nearly invicable and tend to be good, nearly the only way to kill one is by decapatation...

Shapeshifter(I made up this kind, but the name has been used):

They are made up a thousands of free floating cells and every cell works independent, they can arange themselves in shapes of any sort within their imagenation and can see and think with every cell at the same time, very hard to kill.
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:31 PM   #28
me9996
Ring-smith

And more I use in my storys(I'm a little worried about the length of puting this in with my prevous post:

Shadow...things(Made up):

Sorta like the shapeshifters but can't shape shift and are just shadowy... things...

Half-Bees(Made up):

Well, they're sorta a cross between humans and bees, they look like humans exept an exoskeliton that looks like armor and an bee-like abdomin.
As with bees they build hives and live in groops like bees with a queen and such... Oh, and they're human sized not bee sized.

Half-wasps(Made up):

The nemecis of the half-bees, they are a cross between wasps and humans and are a little more on the bug side of this.

Werwolves(I didn't make this up):

You know what a werwolf is, don't you?

Half-dragons(Made this up):

Sorta a cross between a dragon and... something else... it's sorta a big humanoid lizzard...

Ice elves(Made up):

Elves that got frozen and lived, but their core body tempature has lowered alot and they got a bit of a mean streak...

Feaires(Didn't make up):

Little foot-tall sprites that just annoy everbody most of the time but don't meen any harm, most of the time...

Rimers(Made up):

They are basicly human but always talk in rhymes...
They are devided into 3 groops: The limrikains; The Ridders; and The poetts.

Gnomes(Didn't make up but took from lawn gnomes):

All they want is to be left alone and not used as lawn gnomes...

Black dragons(Didn't make up):

Identical to normal dragons but tend to be evil alot more.

(That's it for now I think)
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!

Old 06-14-2006, 06:31 PM   #29
Curubethion

One last one...
Shadowlords: A corruption of elves, they are masters of hiding in the shadow. They are adept at causing terror and dissension among people, and can even order weakminded people around. They often serve as assassins for darkness. Shadowlords seem elven, but they always go around cloaked and hooded. Some think this is because light weakens them.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 06-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #30
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

I have traditional and then not so traditional creatures in my story.

Tradional:
The very rare elf in my wolrd
dragons
faeries
Pixies

Not so traditional:
Firebreathing bird like creatures-sentient
wolf men
reptilian men

Warlocks and wizards and sorcerror and sorcerresses. Mystical niights etc.

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Last edited by The Telcontarion : 06-18-2006 at 11:05 AM.
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:03 AM   #31
strider8
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by me9996
Half-Bees(Made up):

Well, they're sorta a cross between humans and bees, they look like humans exept an exoskeliton that looks like armor and an bee-like abdomin.
As with bees they build hives and live in groops like bees with a queen and such... Oh, and they're human sized not bee sized.

Half-wasps(Made up):

The nemecis of the half-bees, they are a cross between wasps and humans and are a little more on the bug side of this.

Half-dragons(Made this up):

Sorta a cross between a dragon and... something else... it's sorta a big humanoid lizzard...

Bee-people (half-bees)

Wasp-people (half-wasps)

Dragon/lizard-people (half dragons)

Old 06-18-2006, 09:37 AM   #32
me9996
Ring-smith

Did someone else come up with those things by thouse names or were you sugjesting new names?
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!

Old 06-18-2006, 11:09 AM   #33
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Quote:
Originally Posted by me9996
Did someone else come up with those things by thouse names or were you sugjesting new names?
I think he was just abbreviating things for you; pretty much saying you where a bit long winded in your discription. You not gonna take that from him are you; fiiiiiighhhhtt!!!! (I love startin s***t!!!)

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:56 PM   #34
me9996
Ring-smith

Hmm... Well, I like the long-winded discriptions, it shows what they are.

If I didn't you might think half-bees were bee sized, and all sorts of other stuff.

I don't like leaveing stuff to other peoples imagenations, in fact I offen make up the stuff that would be replaced first!

But no hard fealings
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!

Old 06-18-2006, 08:46 PM   #35
Huorn
Elven Warrior

I think the Half Bees and Half Wasps are very creative. They are not anymore far out that the deer people in my story. I like seeing something original like this.

What might be fun would be to start an RP thread in here where we could play some of our own made up creatures- as long as we don't make them too god-mody. For example, I would not bring in a Sheral-the cloud thing from my book. It just would not work in an interactive RPG.

Just call me Oakie

Last edited by Huorn : 06-18-2006 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:16 PM   #36
Acalewia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
That gave me an idea:
Egrets- Creatures that look like humans with eagle like wings. Are very honor driven and tradional

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 06-18-2006, 09:27 PM   #37
me9996
Ring-smith

Thanks... I think that would be diffacolt with my critters because most of the neat ones that I like are very very hard to kill and all the others I don't want to play...

To stay on topic:

Chitter(Made up):

Smart squirels who dislike Humans, they have been known to turn Humans into squirels in order to show them what it's like to be a squirel.
(Note: Chitter is both the singular and the plural)

Champions(Made up):

These are actuly part of that spease -the one that needs to be kills by decapatation- but have toughened themselves to the point that they feel nothing... Exept the want to kill their enemys...

Giant bunnys(Made up):

Normaly peaceful, these bunnys will attack if provoked...
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!

Old 06-18-2006, 10:55 PM   #38
Curubethion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia
That gave me an idea:
Egrets- Creatures that look like humans with eagle like wings. Are very honor driven and tradional
[voice of reality ]An egret is a type of heron[/voice of reality ]

But that's an awesome idea.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:10 AM   #39
Huorn
Elven Warrior

My son made up somthing similar to that called Avions with great white wings. They live on a planet of ice and they have blue hair.

Just call me Oakie
Old 06-19-2006, 05:02 PM   #40
Acalewia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curubethion
[voice of reality ]An egret is a type of heron[/voice of reality ]

But that's an awesome idea.
Damn, I thought that sounded familar
In that case, Egren.