Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-05-2003, 11:38 AM   #21
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Okay, I think I won't take part at the contest. I'm just to confused. Sorry.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:18 PM   #22
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

OOC::: As what I have understood there isn't much to be confused about... it is simply to kill off orcbands. But I presume that we would want to gather our forces and fight together at some point...

I don't know if you have any plot for this rpg, Eowyn, Lady of Rohan.

If not, then perhaps we are currently fighting orcs at the front of Osgilliath? Perhaps some of us are scouts in the wasteland east of the "bridge", and some are prpearing the final defence in the city... just an idea...
Obviously such a setting wouldn't take place during the time when the ring went by... just a normal campaign...

I look at this mostly as a writing practise for battlescenes (need to get better at that) and don't really care that much for plot. But ofcurse, it would bring some interesting turns, relationships and adventures if it were plot, and not all just random fighting... Perhaps there should be a ultimate challenge at the end where all need to fight together... The killing strike of the last "boss" would give 10 OHP (Orc Head Points)

...just a thought...

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 05-06-2003 at 03:44 AM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 03:24 PM   #23
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

considering to take part again
Old 05-05-2003, 05:21 PM   #24
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

Quote:
Originally posted by Arat-Falathion
As what I have understood there isn't much to be confused about... it is simply to kill off orcbands. But I presume that we would want to gather our forces and fight together at some point...

I don't know if you have any plot for this rpg, Eowyn, Lady of Rohan.

If not, then perhaps we are currently fighting orcs at the front of Osgilliath? Perhaps some of us are scouts in the wasteland east of the "bridge", and some are prpearing the final defence in the city... just an idea...
Obviously such a setting wouldn't take place during the time when the ring went by... just a normal campaign...

I look at this mostly as a writing practise for battlescenes (need to get better at that) and don't really care that much for plot. But ofcurse, it would bring some interesting turns, relationships and adventures if it were plot, and not all just random fighting... Perhaps there should be a ultimate challenge at the end where all need to fight together... The killing strike of the last "boss" would give 10 OHP (Orc Head Points)

...just a thought...
No plot.

Eowyn: Arggggg!!!!
Kalile: *panting* must...kill...idiotic...orcs...
Eowyn: We gotta midget elf, a tired one at that...
Imhiriel (sp. sorry!): Get into action, Kalile, if you wanna beat me, I'm in the twenties!!
Eowyn: Hurry up! Im' in the thirties!
Larien: fifties!
Cheater-orc: Sixties!!
Eowyn: If only that dumb easterling, seth, were here. He'd wipe do's orcs out!!
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:16 PM   #25
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
tired?

Kalile didn't deign to answer, her falchion curving in a deadly arc. Fierce joy shone in her eyes and was mirrored by the gleam of her sword, stained red by orc-blood, and redder by the sunset beyond the mountains. A riderless horse rode by, and Kalile swung up onto it, away from slashing orc blades. Now she used bow and sword, rising above the seething mass of bodies, laughing clear above the chaos.

Ooc: I'm using this as a battle-scene practice too. That's why I joined!
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:24 PM   #26
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Gulio was having the time of his life. He was killing orcs left and right, laughing uproarisly (sp?) while doing it. He was in the eighties counting the ones he killed earlier.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:44 PM   #27
Amaranthea
Enting

There was not much more she could do. Her quiver was completely empty; her dagger had long ago been lost, finding it's final home in the skull of her enemy; and although she still had her sword and knives, it was difficult to wield them in such a close environment as she was in. Larien swiftly dodged under the wide errent swing of the Uruk-hai in front of her, and landed a quick jab to it's midsection, taking it's breath away. While it tried to regain it's bearings, she lifted her sword and deftly removed the beast's head.

At one time her companions had been around her; but now, she could not see them through the sea of black and oozing bodies that filled her vision. A gash on her forehead lazily dripped blood down into her eyes, and there it congealed to a thick crust, still further preventing her vision from being clear. The brief lull that came in the fighting gave her the opportunity to hastily wipe her eyes clear of the red crystalline that coated them. Even as she was doing this, Larien half-expected a blow to come at her from behind, but one never came. In fact, she didn't even hear the sounds of conflict anymore. Cautiously looking about her, all she saw in her line of vision was death. Headless orcs littered the battlefield.

"I am certain that my companions were here just a moment ago. Where could they have gone?" she muttered softly. Taking in her surrounding, however, she saw that she was in fact over a mile from where she and her fellowship had been engaged; during the battle she must have gotten seperated from them.

"It is most fortunate that I was not injured." Speaking aloud to herself yet again, Larien shook off the already-fading images of battle and began to walk to where she hoped the group still was. Pausing for one final look at the battlefield, she grinned. "There must be at least 65 orcs there. All headless, too. Hm. Wonder how everyone else did."
Amaranthea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 05:30 AM   #28
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

*Was that my horse, Kalile?*

Telnafaug cocked his head backwards and cackled towards the sky; -A battlecry for strength. The orcs quickly grouped into defensive postures, encircling the elf.

The light, enchanted sabres flickered magicaly in the red light of the morning sunrise. Telnafaug loved these moments before battle, the quiet, yet tense moment just before the first thrust was thrown. He could only smile wickedly, a smile filled with profounded confidense and a promise of death.

The orcs grunted and raised their weapons threateningly, eyeing him evily. Their stare met the wild flickering eyes of the elf, filled with lust of bloodshed.

"Alas!" Telnafaug said wickedly. "Doom is upon you!"

The largest orc, probably the leader of the band, charged in first with his large axe raised above his head, poised to strike. The axe fell into a sideswing as he approached, an arching sweap aimed for Telnafaugs head with all the power the huge goblin creature could muster.

The elf simply dropped under the furious swing and stabbed both sabres into the revealed belly. The momentum of the orc's swing sent the huge goblin in a twisting motion to the ground. The axe flew from his grasp midair, hitting one orc in the head. Both orcs were quite dead before they hit the ground.

Suddenly Telnafaug was upon the other orcs, interweaving between the confused goblins, sabres flickering mesmerizingly in the growing light of dawn. In one moment they saw him, for in the next moment to hit nothing but air and feel the cold steel against their neck.

The orcs were slewn within seconds. A nice add of 8 to his already large account of slaughter, and Hoverstorm added two. Together they had 48 OHP (orc head points) now. A respectable ammount indeed! But more would die by Telnafaugs flashing sabres before twilight were upon Middle Earth this day.

Telnafaug whistled a highpitched piep into the wind. A call for Hoverstorm to return, his swift horse and friend.

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 05-06-2003 at 06:01 AM.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:37 PM   #29
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: not too late I hope. as for my stats....you girls know me well enough.

*then, right when Eowyn had said his name, a huge swirling silver mass of blades burst through....'Twas Seth!!!*

Seth: *merrily slicing any thing resembling an orc* hello all!!

OOC2: I take it I would have about 1000 ohp by now!!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 04:11 PM   #30
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

OOC: LoL The last sane person! I do not doubt your count... Heh! Godlike
Old 05-06-2003, 05:56 PM   #31
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

Quote:
Originally posted by The last sane person
OOC: not too late I hope. as for my stats....you girls know me well enough.

*then, right when Eowyn had said his name, a huge swirling silver mass of blades burst through....'Twas Seth!!!*

Seth: *merrily slicing any thing resembling an orc* hello all!!

OOC2: I take it I would have about 1000 ohp by now!!

Eowyn: *Joyusly* SETH!!!
Kalile: What a pretty little couple!!!
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 06:02 PM   #32
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Telnafaug patted his boot impatiently against the grassy floor, heavily juiced by orcish blood. "Horsie?" He called out hesitatingly. "Horsie, where are you?"

OOC: Me is waiting for Kalile to confirm my suspicions of riding my horse...
Old 05-06-2003, 09:53 PM   #33
Amaranthea
Enting

OOC: Didn't Kalile split from this RP? Or is she still here?

IC:

Straining her ears, Larien could just make out the sounds of combat, the enchanting beat of multiple swords crashing against one another. 'If I can barely hear them'....she thought, 'Then I must be further away from them than I thought.' Sighing, she began to trudge to where she believed them to be, cursing her lack of a horse, and becoming more sure by the moment that she would be desperately behind in her OHP by the time she re-joined them.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:42 PM   #34
Kalile

Ooc:
Quote:
*was that my horse, Kalile?*
Finders keepers! Well, borrowers, anyway. It was handy, and made for a good battle scene.

I'm still here! I couldn't post 'cause of school and my sister's choir concert. sigh.

Ic: A magnificent horse bore down upon Larien, and the rider hoisted her up behind her while in full gallop. As they neared the battlefield again, more orcs surged around this new target. Kalile stood, sword and knife drawn, and leapt from the saddle, literally on top of the orcs. The horse, seeing a clear path to its master, trotted over with Larien.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:11 AM   #35
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Quote:
Originally posted by Arat-Falathion
OOC: LoL The last sane person! I do not doubt your count... Heh! Godlike
OOC: Godlike indeed!! Got to go!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 06:43 AM   #36
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Suddenly hoverstorm came rushing out over the top of the grassy hilltop ahead. The beautiful brown horse showing its muscleplay in its eager gallop. What seemed strange to the elf however, was the fair elven maiden on top of the steed.

Hoverstorm stopped suddenly, nose to nose with his master, tramping an orc-corpse into the muddy ground, juiced by the orcish blood. Telnafaug patted its forehead warmly, showing his thankfullness with a friendly smile.

"So, you did nice catch today Hoverstorm" Telnafaug said with a chuckle. "It isn't every day one gets elven maidens riding ones back!"

Larien replied with a kick in his shoulder for his humors. "Jump up so we can get back to those orcs. Their amounts only seem to increese as we slay them down!" Telnafaug nodded grimly. "I have assumed that already. Some wizard summoning them?"

"All is speculation at this point!" Larien replied.

Telnafaug jumped in front of the maiden and bade for Hoverstorm to turn up the hillside again. The eager horse hated the orcs no less then its riders, they didn't need to ask him twise.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:14 AM   #37
Kalile

On foot now, Kalile stood at the top of the hill, looking down. As the horse approached, she found what she was looking for.
"There!" spotting the horse, she turned. "So he's yours! He helped me out of a tight spot, and I thank you both. You think there's a magician too? There's his tent."
The elf maid pointed a finger rather stained with blood in the direction of the orc camp. "We've never bothered to go near there, but there's his tent." The finger settled on a tent no different from the dozens of others, brown and ramshakle.
"See, it's the one with the banner and the silver writing on it."

The others looked, and blinked. There were only brown tents to be seen.
"Don't you see it? Alright then," she nodded, and hoisted the other elf maid off of the horse. "Will you carry me to the camp? I will put an arrow through the tent, and the wizard as well. I need you to keep the orcs from me, and the horse going quickly. Will you?"
Old 05-08-2003, 08:24 AM   #38
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

"I doubt a wizard will be there, so close to the battle field. It must be an illusion spell or some other trick. Wizards always keep a safe distance to the danger. That is their way!" Telnafaug sat alone on his horse now, both maidens looking up at him, countless orcs were surrounding them and tightening in around them.

"If a wizard of this strong summoning dwell in that tent, then he would never die to your feathered arrow anyway I'm afraid. So close to the battlefield he would be on his guard. Probably surrounded by countless blocking and shielding spells that would dismiss your arrow easily, perhaps even bring it straight back from where it came..." Telnafaug sighed and looked towards the orctents, and the brown and silver tent among them, far down the tundra.

There were atleast 1 hour's walk just to get to the tents, and even though Hoverstorm would speed the distance faster then that, the whole tundra was swarming with orcs. They could never hope to reach the tents before dusk and night took them.

Now, in the sunlight they were far superior to the goblin army, but when the light would fade, so would much of that superiority. Telnafaug knew that, and so did the others. And yet another question constantly rang as a chime through the elven head. How long would his endurance last? How long could he keep on slaying orcs before tiering? How far would he go?

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 05-08-2003 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:12 AM   #39
Amaranthea
Enting

"Our only option is to go directly through them, I'm afraid." Larien said, thinking much the same thing that Telnafaug was. "Especially if the wizard is as strong as you fear. Our best chance of getting through would be in formation and complete agreement as to what we should do. Stranger," Larien turned to Kalile, considering her as she spoke, "Are you able to shoot flaming arrows?"

"Yes, but I don't see..." Kalile stopped, as suddenly the idea of Larien's plan revealed itself to her.

"Then I suggest you get in a position to start shooting those tents. Let's kill as many of them as we can that way."
Old 05-08-2003, 11:53 AM   #40
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

"But if there is a wizard summoning these foul creatures, then shooting those tents and killing the orcs inside would help little to our victory. If orcs are in the tents, that means they are not on the battlefield. A good thing for our sake." The two others nodded, fully understanding.

"We do not want to arouse more enemies right now then nessesary." Telnafaug added, looking around him. Orcs spitting curses at them as they approached. A fight they couldn't possibly escape was upon them. This would indeed be a fight at the edge of a knife. The huge number of orcs against three. They couldn't afford any mistakes!