Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-16-2003, 06:21 AM   #21
Vortûriel
Sapling

Chapter 11 assignment

oops!

Last edited by Vortûriel : 05-16-2003 at 06:22 AM.
Vortûriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 01:23 PM   #22
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Well, I am very happy to see you Vortûriel. Your chapter will be waiting for you on its assigned date. I just worried about those that hadn't been to the forum for so long, maybe missing their assignment date. We have already had to re-assign two chapters, and I am pretty sure that chapter 8 will be re-assigned, unless Zavron turns up.

But, again, good to see you, and to know that you are looking forward to it. So am I.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 05:19 PM   #23
Attalus
Swan-Knight of Dol Amroth

Put me in, coach, I'm ready to play, today, look at me, I can be Chapter 8. (Apologies)
Old 05-16-2003, 05:51 PM   #24
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus

Put me in, coach, I'm ready to play, today, look at me, I can be Chapter 8. (Apologies)
Go get'm tiger. 1 more week.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 06-02-2003, 07:34 PM   #25
Diamond of Long Cleeve
Elf Lord

Just to confirm, I am still here and intending to introduce chapter 9.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:57 PM   #26
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Diamond of Long Cleeve
Just to confirm, I am still here and intending to introduce chapter 9.
Very good Diamond of Long Cleeve.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 06-02-2003, 11:57 PM   #27
Attalus
Swan-Knight of Dol Amroth

Yay, Diamond of Long Cleeve. I just went through Chapter 9 this weekend, and I am glad it is you, not me. But I am looking forward to reading your post very much!!!
Old 06-11-2003, 01:16 PM   #28
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

I'm still doing mine!

"Of The Ruin Of Doriath"
Old 06-11-2003, 06:35 PM   #29
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Finrod Felagund
I'm still doing mine!

"Of The Ruin Of Doriath"
Thanks Finrod.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 07-29-2003, 11:46 AM   #30
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Well, Vortûriel has not as of yet posted her chapter which was due today. We will wait at least today to see if she does. I can only think that something has come up for her, because she was very eager to do this.

If it is not posted by tomorrow morning, we will need a volunteer to keep the project moving.

I will unstick chapter 10, but you may still post to it.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 07-30-2003, 12:13 AM   #31
Maedhros
The Tall

Quote:
If it is not posted by tomorrow morning, we will need a volunteer to keep the project moving.
If she doesn't volunteer, I will do it then.
If I do it, I would ask the never ending question that is: Why the man in the Moon came down too soon?
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:
A native or inhabitant of America.
A citizen of the United States.

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.

Last edited by Maedhros : 07-30-2003 at 12:14 AM.
Maedhros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 12:19 AM   #32
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Maedhros
If she doesn't volunteer, I will do it then.
If I do it, I would ask the never ending question that is: Why the man in the Moon came down too soon?
Okay Maedhros. Let me know when you can have it ready. Will you need a day or two?

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 07-30-2003, 07:01 PM   #33
Maedhros
The Tall

I will work on it today and tomorrow, and it will be posted hopefully tomorrow.
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:48 PM   #34
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Maedhros
I will work on it today and tomorrow, and it will be posted hopefully tomorrow.
Okay. Thanks a lot.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 07-31-2003, 08:32 PM   #35
Maedhros
The Tall

It is done, but you will have to edit the name of the thread because I accidentally posted chapter 10 and it is 11.
As a noun American is:

1. The United States.

Old 07-31-2003, 09:01 PM   #36
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

No problem.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 08-18-2003, 08:11 AM   #37
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

I have decided that I must give up one of my chapter assignments. Although neither one is due until December or so, I do not have the time to do the research for both. I had previously researched the chapter of Beren and Luthien, and foolishly did so in a note book instead of on the computer. I lost the notebook, and I just do not have the time to do it all over again.

I think this is one of the most important chapters in the book, and would like someone to take it that can do it justice.

I still hope to do "Of The Coming Of Men Into The West" and present it. But, the chapter of Beren and Luthien would take much time again since it is refered to in just about every HoMe book there is.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I know there must be someone out there that would love to do this chapter. Please post here, and let me know.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 08-21-2003, 02:08 PM   #38
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
I have decided that I must give up one of my chapter assignments. Although neither one is due until December or so, I do not have the time to do the research for both. I had previously researched the chapter of Beren and Luthien, and foolishly did so in a note book instead of on the computer. I lost the notebook, and I just do not have the time to do it all over again.

I think this is one of the most important chapters in the book, and would like someone to take it that can do it justice.

I still hope to do "Of The Coming Of Men Into The West" and present it. But, the chapter of Beren and Luthien would take much time again since it is refered to in just about every HoMe book there is.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I know there must be someone out there that would love to do this chapter. Please post here, and let me know.
I don't think I'll be able to do Beren & Luthien. I'll be very bussy when its time comes, but since we're late with chapter 12 "Of Men" and Inderjit hasn't been around in some weeks, I've begun working on it. I'm almost done with it so I'll post it in some hours if you have no problem.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:19 PM   #39
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat middle
I don't think I'll be able to do Beren & Luthien. I'll be very bussy when its time comes, but since we're late with chapter 12 "Of Men" and Inderjit hasn't been around in some weeks, I've begun working on it. I'm almost done with it so I'll post it in some hours if you have no problem.
Thanks FM. It does seem as though the project is starting to have some problems, but expected, for sure. Thanks for your help. Looking forward to you introduction.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 08-22-2003, 09:24 PM   #40
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Also, Chapter 13 has been re-assigned to azalea, since she so graciously voluteered to take it on. Thanks azalea

Unless Inderjet shows up for Chapter 14, it will be available for re-assignment to anyone interested.

Travel and Tourism Guide