Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-07-2003, 12:59 PM   #21
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

next part

Name: Oneska (pronounced ohn-esk-a)
Description: golden touched chestnut. two front socks, a right hind coronet. stripe and star. no white on body. slight dappling on haunches. "pulled"mane, swish tail. trim, clean legs. finely built, delicate hooves, ears and muzzle. Arab build (on a slightly larger scale; big enough to carry an outfitted soldier, but none of that plate armor nonsense). hardy and sensitive to cues. a superior mount.
Bio: A relatively balmy temper, but certain conditions make her irritable. Has a tendancy to be very active, though not flighty whatsoever. Taught as a hill horse (to wear a saddle only and obey voice and body cues) by a young girl in a village west of Edoras. She is fond of her human "herd".
unicorn14br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 01:02 PM   #22
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

another

Oneska grimaced in delight, waving her upper lip in ectasy as cool water from a tin bucket sloshed over her whithers and belly. The sun beat down on the dirt-floored court yard of her home stable, and Oneska stood contentedly as the gentle, feather-like touches of the girl's hands removed caked dirt and sweat from her skin.
She plashed her hoof in a puddle by her feet and wagged her head up and down, enjoying the sensation of a straw whisp being rubbed across her rapidly drying coat.
"Gola, Gola, can I brush her?" cried a human foal, toddling rapidly across the yard from the dark door of the human's stable. "You promised..."
The little girl thrust her lip out poutily, threatening a small thundershower if her wishes were not complied with. Golana laughed musically as she reached down for the little girl's hand. She placed the whisp carefully and guided the child's fingers into the right position. She then gently guided the brushy, circular strokes. "Look, how much Ona likes your brushing, Linnet!", Golana said approvingly, stroking Oneska's neck.
Oneska obliged the human foal, sweeping her ears forward and reaching to nuzzle the little girl. Linnet giggled happily and skipped away to watch from a seat on top of a water butt in the corner, not too far away. It is beautiful, Oneska thought, to run with Gentle Hands to far places, to do something that is my greatest pleasure, and then to return to my home barn to be cleaned so carefully and fed so well. How wondrous it is to run like the birds do in the sky. It is joy!
Old 03-07-2003, 01:04 PM   #23
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

there's still more

She affectionately turned and nibbled Gentle Hands's sleeve, looking at the girl with mild molasses eyes. Golana laughed softly and returned the look, tenderly wiping the dirt out of Ona's nostrils and eyes with a soft cloth. "Now you are more beautiful than ever," said Golana, rubbing the finely boned face carefully with the cloth."Beautiful girl," she crooned admiringly. Oneska lipped at Golana's cheek, giving her a horse kiss, and Golana threw her head back, laughing, her blond, windswept hair lose to the small breeze that played through the courtyard.
Behind her, a lanky tow headed young man left the rectangle of darkness that led into the human stable and strode briskly toward them. A woman appeared and stood in the doorway, clutching a faded shawl tightly about her shoulders. "Gola..." said the young man.
"Merik," she said, turning and happily leaning against Oneska's side."What is it?"
"I've received a summons; I must go join the forces at Edoras. I have no mount since Gabesk was lamed, and he was old. Mama says that I must take Oneska. She is the only horse we have who will be fit for this kind of work..." Golana's eyes widened in horror. "No! She is mine! You've no claim to her! She only takes a saddle. You cannot ride her with only a saddle, I've seen you; you nearly fall off! Papa gave her to me and---"
"I must be there in two weeks," he interrupted softly, hating to see his sister hurt. He hugged her strongly, endeavoring to explain,"I wish that there was another way, Gola, you must understand. It is only until I get a soldier's mount, and then she will come home to you. Please train her to take a bit and bridle. She will do anything for you; she loves and trusts you. And you can train her far better than I. I will try as hard as I can to get another horse quickly, but one as well trained as she will be hard to come by. Oneska is calm and will, I think, be level headed in battle. A good horse in battle can save a man's life..."
"But, Merik, I don't want---I can't..." Gola stopped speaking and stared at the ground, a single tear dropping to the packed earth. "I can train her to take a headstall, but I cannot promise that she will take a bit," she said, and turning, she flung herself on Ona and galloped out of the yard, holding back tears with all her might.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:07 PM   #24
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

the last

Oneska was distressed. Gentle Hands was fiercely hugging her around the neck as her tears soaked Ona's mane and whithers. Gola's hands, the hands that had so steadily groomed Oneska earlier, now shook with emotion and barely repressed fury. The unrelenting noon sun beat down upon them, making their shadows small, and increasing their discomfort. Golana stood by her horse, cried out and distraught. Ever sensible, Oneska slow-footed her way to a stand of trees, allowing the girl to lean weakly against her whithers, and nickering encouragingly. When the two reached the dappled shade, Golana collapsed onto the soft grass, curling into a ball to shut out the world. Oneska lay down beside her trying to comfort the best friend she had. She concernedly whuffled into the long blond mane of the girl, and tenderly licked her arm. Anxious and worn out, Golana fell asleep, her head pillowed on Oneska's soft belly.
My poor, sweet Gentle Hands! thought the horse,She weeps and I cannot comfort her. Her pain is too deep yet to be stayed. It will go away eventually, yes, but I will stay. She will know this and we will grow closer for it. But it aches within me to see her so. I love her, and she loves me. I love my Gentle Hands.
Golana stirred, as if hearing this last thought, and whispered,"I love you, too, beautiful girl..." before returning to sleep. Oneska curled her legs aroung the girl protectively.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:25 PM   #25
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

Wingmane heard his master whistle and call his name. Wingmane didn't want to leave his new friends. He heard his master whislte and call again. Wingmane whinneyed a good bye to his new found herd/friends , turned around and galloped away. When Wingmane saw his master he slowed down to a trot. he stopped obediantly infront of his master. "Hey boy,"Darcyn said.

I followed him to the stables were he gently groomed me. he then tacked me up. We left the stables, ready to head out from Edoras, to our home when a gaurd on a large horse cantered over to us. He halted infront of us and spoke to my master. After the gaurd left, I could feel the charnge in my masters mood. When he had before been so happy and carefree, he was now tense and upset. He pressed me into a quick paced gallopo. I could tell that he was destressed and wanted to get home quickly so I went as quickly as I could. Once we reached or home, my master led me to the stables. He gave me a hastey brushing, and some food and water. He ran into the house. I ate my feed quietly and then rested for the night.

The next morning my master came out to my stable. With him he brought his father, whom I rarely saw at the stable. They had on heavy gear. I could feel the difference in my masters weight, when he mounted onto my back. His father rode up to me on his horse, Windhoof. My master rode me around to the front of the house. he again dismounted and went to talk to his mother and little filly. I waited were he left me. He came back and then he mounted again. He pressed me into a trot. I could tell that something was wrong with him, but what I did not know.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 08:43 PM   #26
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

I saw Wingmane. He was mounted, I did not understand. I whinnied in confusion. Wingmane looked up and neighed softly. He did not understand the situation either. I reared to my full height. Although I could feel the fear in Wingmane's owner, he tried not to pat attention to me. I followed Wingmane and saw an army of humans. I stopped and turned, although Wingmane was my friend, I would not risk capture for him. I galloped away, and with a last backward glance, I left sight from Wingmane.
but words are meaningless
in your absence.
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 11:28 PM   #27
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

I whinneyed a farwell to my friend. I understood that Bucephalus had to leave, but I wanted her stay. As Bucephalus had just cantered away from sight, I turned my thoughts to the horses around me. What were they all ding here? And why were there masters clad in heavy gear as well? As I was begining to get worried I saw a mare come and join the group. Her master came and stood beside my master. I looked at the mare. She seemed distressed and upset. I swished my tail, trying to get rid of the flys on my barrel, and flank. It was becoming hot and humid very fast. I shook my head and blinked my eyes. There were flys all around. Stomping the ground, I began to become impatiant. I looked at the horse beside me again. She remained calm, but still looked strangely troubled. I softly nickered to her.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 10:08 PM   #28
entss89
lord of the ents

OOC: im sorry all my fello horses but i can not stay i am allrady in too many rpgs and can not kep up with all of them im sorry!

im a little hobbit short and stout
here is my ring evil without a doubt
when you get me hipped up
here me shout
get me to mordo as quick as you can..

if you like that song then you should visit www.lordoftherings.net!

the ents are coming
the ents are coming
watch out tower of orthanc
for your dark walls shall fall!
sauroman, sauroman
your name is not the white!
for now you are
sauroman of many colors!

a best frind does not stab u in the back...................
they stab u in the front.
entss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 12:50 AM   #29
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

name:gimli
sex:dawrfish horse
bio: old about to die not very good of a horse because he is to short
used to be great now he is just wise
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 03:43 PM   #30
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider Welcome.....

All new horses. I am not an expert on horses and just did this for fun so don't be sur[rised at my knoledge.

ic: Wingmane followed her master away and when I saw them again her master was clad in metal as had recongised once before. they wer war male and I became aware of tension between my new friends. another horse came over for a drink and I decided I would find out what was going on. It seemd when I got to the horses destiny I found myself surrounded by humans and their horses all set for war. Nervous herds nuzzled each other in oain. It was as though they were leaving of to war at that second.
Old 03-09-2003, 03:56 PM   #31
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

ooc: I'm sorry I haven't been on, I had the flu yesterday and I couldn't go on the computer.

ic: I saw Cor and cantered toward her. My ears were set back on my head in confusion. Other horses streamed past me in fear. Cor was soon lost to me in the river of spooked horses. A muscular stallion who was little smaller then me kicked me hard in the ribs and I was strewn from the herds.

Suddenly, I saw my master running into the clearing, he had armor on. My heart sank... there was only one way to escape him. I took off running, then leaped across the rushing river that blocked my path. I landed with a 'clunk' on the bank. My master stood with his fist raised on the other side. I took off again and fled for the forest.
in your absence.
Old 03-09-2003, 04:05 PM   #32
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: I became confused as men started to grab horses not caring if it were theirs or not so they could follow the lead horse off to war. I panik I heard a whinny of fright and knew one of my friends was in trouble. I ran back towards the river and found Bucephalus running fast away from a human in armour. he seemed frightened and I knew why. I ran over and bucked the human down to the gound. Bucephalus folowed me to the city but stopped when seeing the big crowd off armoured people. I became frightened off being taken to war and having a strange master again.

ooc: By the way I want to have Eowyn as my rider. If thats ok.
Old 03-09-2003, 05:47 PM   #33
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

ooc: I'm sorry i can't participate. I'm too busy with school good luck with ur horsey adventures
Old 03-10-2003, 12:15 PM   #34
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

ooc: Eowyn? Sure. Why Eowyn if you don't like your master?

ic: The forest was dark, and I could hardly see anything, the sound of chanking mail could still be heard but was very vague. A small stream ran through the woods, although tempted to drink, the water seemed suspicious. I turned at the sound of footsteps, but no one was there. I snorted to make myself sound dangerous, I didn't necessarily suceed. It started to rain, and I lay myself down onto the soft forest floor.
in your absence.
Old 03-11-2003, 02:06 PM   #35
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
The men running toward us were spooked. Seeing the beings ordinarily so calm and focused become so afraid, I panicked. I neighed and reared, then galloped as fast as I could to get away from them. I saw Bucephalus disappear into the forest, and followed. It began to rain, and I kept running.
The Calm Ones feared. Disaster must have been at hand, and the further away from it I was, the safer I'd be.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 11:48 PM   #36
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

ic: I saw Anmara run into the forest, I greeted her but fell silent when thunder rolled in the sky.
in your absence.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:03 AM   #37
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Because it is the war in a horses point of view and I have to be in the war to give my point of view right?
Plus it will be interesting.

ic:I bolted off into the forest following my other to friends who were scared of the happenings as well. I heard a scream of a human and found that the villagers were moving out and I lost sight of my two friends. I heard a stream next to me and followed it down. The rain made me shiver uncomfortably as I followed the trail. I finally found my two frtiends huddled towgther looking questiononingly at me and themselves.
We may be in trouble. I said looking back. It looks as though all the humans are leaving even the coults(sp) and mares. Do you think we should follow?
Old 03-12-2003, 12:08 PM   #38
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
I looked at Cor, and softly told her that I didn't know what we should do. I had never had a problem with humans before; my own rider was nice enough. He was very old and didn't ride often, so we'd never had a strong bond, but he wasn't like Cor's old master, either.

These frightened humans were something else altogether. I'd seen them grab the other horses roughly, disregarding all in their fear. I didn't want to be anywhere near humans like that. But the other horses who had been here were my friends, and I wanted to see what had become of them, to find out if they were all right.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 02:39 PM   #39
Lubyla
Princess Lubyla Greenleaf of the Stars

Location: Sitting in a quiet forest, looking at the darkness and the stars...
ooc: I would like to join, please? Here is my character:

Name: Hurricane
Rider: Serenity Indway
Looks: Black, she looks just like the horses of the Nazgul. Always willing for a fight. Her eyes are black as her fur, and the tips of her tail had the same blueish flame as her owner's hair(long story)

I dont know much more about her, so here I am:

ic: I trotted through the fields. We had just gotten here, and been attacked twice. I wandered around a bit looking for other horses, but none seemed to want to talk. Suddenly, Serenity bound over to me, and we were out on our way. "War. Curse it. It is just a repeat of what I saw." I heard her mummble. I knew what she ment. It was long ago, and the same reson she dreses in the Nazgul fasion. As we got to where we were going I could guess, Serenity hopped off. "Stay close to here, I may need you soon." She took off, and I headed for a nearby forest. Gathered there were a few more horses. A pack.It had to be. I never was accepted in a pack. Mostly because I feared them. I stopped a few feet away from this group.

``````````````````````````````
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter
`````````````````````````````
Lubyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 11:04 PM   #40
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

ic: Although I appeared strong, I could be a bit of a scardey-cat at some times, times exactly like this. I kneeled as the newcomer walked into the wood. I whinnied softly. My friends looked at me kneeling there pitifully.
in your absence.