Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2002, 05:46 PM   #21
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Yawn. This is only a message board. It is not to be taken so searously. If a thread gets closed, no big deal, go on with life.
I still say that if you arn't happy with the way people act, go somewhere else. Even with all the Communist nations in the world, I don't believe any country forces someone to post on a message board.
Old 05-25-2002, 06:05 PM   #22
Lady Midnight
Elven Warrior

Location: only after 11pm and in an altered state of conciousness
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Tater
You're never gonna listen to reason, are you? You're gonna keep going at this until we say you were right and we were wrong, or until we ban you. Well, guess which one ain't gonna happen.

You wouldn't look like a troll if you had just left it when your thread got closed. But no, you had to repost the thread, a clear violation of the rules. I'll repost what I already showed ya:

"spamming/flooding (posting the same messages over and over again or in multiple forums)" is not permitted. "Advertising other sites is not allowed either, except for in one designated thread. If it pertains to the discussion, you can post a link; we just don't want you to start a thread merely to advertise your site, since this clutters up the board." (A link is given to that thread in the actual document.) "The administrators and moderators of Entmoot reserve the right to close/edit/delete any post made on this board."

Why did I threaten you with a 24 hour ban? It's quite simple really, if you posted that thread again I was going to give you a 24 hour ban! Would you rather have had me do it without any warning?

If you keep saying you're planning on breaking the rules, we'll have to consider a pre-emptive ban to avoid a big fiasco, which, from the way you talk, it sounds like your planning! Now, you want to stop sounding like a troll? Drop the subject! Learn to move on! Accept that you were wrong! Accept that the administration has control over the rules, not you! Quite frankly, grow up!
I think you have misunderstood things somewhat. I am not saying that it was wrong to lock my thread. I'm merely trying to explain where I'm comming from, why I broke the rules in the first place. I just feel that this could've been handled better. Why is that so hard to understand?

If you had just taken the trouble to tell me privately and politely that you were intending to ban me that would've been really nice and I would've appreciated and accepted it.

I never said I was intending on breaking the rules again. I never intended to in the first place. I'm just trying to express my somewhat unconventional way of looking at things. Clearly you're not understanding it. Ah well maybe I'm expecting too much on that front. It can be a little difficult for people to get to grips with.

As for whether I'm a Troll or not just remember that I'm not the one who's flaming people here. Not once have I repaid in kind despite the fact that some of what you've said to me is nothing less than attrocious.

If I'm a Troll it is probably because you are turning me into one. I don't want that to happen and neither do you. Please desist.

As you pointed out earlier I have over 100 posts. I have only ever been pulled up about anything twice since I joined this board. Most of the time I've been pretty well behaved. So, if I was planning on breaking the rules don't you think I would've done this a lot more often before now?

I have accepted I was wrong. I've even apologised. I have no wish to habour resentment for you or any of the other mods and Admin here. So I'm trying to find some common ground where we can agree and to get everything off my chest. That's all I'm trying to do. Why are you having trouble understanding this?

If I may make a suggestion. Since it is unlikely, given that I tend not to respond well to being flamed, particularly by the very people who are supposed to uphold Board Policy, we are unlikely to ever see eye to eye. OTOH I seemed to respond better to Ben's way of handling things. If (and believe me right now it's a very big if) I decide I want to stay here and if he is willing, maybe it might be better if I just deal with him in future and have nothing to do with the other mods and admin. Excepting Sister Golden Hair of course she seems reasonable.

It's not that I have anything against you. It's just that I don't think you klnow how to handle an eccentric like myself. So I think it's probably better if you don't try and have someone else do it instead.

Mod of Mirkwood forum at:
http://pub28.ezboard.com/bmiddleearth99434

Self Proclaimed Lady Of General Messages, Minx of the 'Moot and semi-retired Official Flirt Of The Slipstream, Discipula Lenta and Warrior Priestess of the Wayists. Queen of Dramatic Tension in many RPs.

In the process of setting up a new SF/Fantasy based fanzine. I want Fanfic, short stories, poetry, filks, reviews, artwork, anything you've got really but most of all IDEAS!!!!. You write it I'll take a look at it.

At the moment I can't pay for submissions but all contributors will recieve a complimentary copy and I am confident that I will be able to pay one day.

Please PM me if you have anything.

Never but never buy a computer from TIME. If you want to know why please ask.

Andromeda fans check out:

http://www.slipstreambbs.com/
Old 05-25-2002, 06:06 PM   #23
Ben
Retired Ent

Thanks for acknowledging me. I'm glad someone appreciates my approach, even if they can't spell .

Tater, do you realize that no one even told her it was advertising until I brought it up in her complaint thread?

My concerns are that insufficient/incorrect information was given to her regarding the rules she had broken, and most importantly, flaming remarks from certain staff members.

However, I do take umbrage at your remark, LM, that you can freely ignore the rules. We can't make an exception for you, no matter what's going on in your personal life. Another administrator informs me that you used another personal excuse to protest another staff decision several months earlier. We just don't operate that way. Our rules are fairly basic and concise, but we do take them seriously.

I value constructive criticism, but please be aware that openly flaunting the rules is not going to come without penalty. Also, we like to deal with these issues in private.

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Old 05-25-2002, 06:12 PM   #24
Lady Midnight
Elven Warrior

Location: only after 11pm and in an altered state of conciousness
Quote:
Originally posted by emplynx
Yawn. This is only a message board. It is not to be taken so searously. If a thread gets closed, no big deal, go on with life.
I still say that if you arn't happy with the way people act, go somewhere else. Even with all the Communist nations in the world, I don't believe any country forces someone to post on a message board.
Sorry. It's just that I'm a very over-sensitive person who cares a bit more than she should about what other people say about her.

I really need to get a thicker skin.

I'd quite like to be here if it's all the same to you. I'm simply trying to find a way that someone with my bizzarre outlook on things can fit in without having to become someone else.

Smilies all round cos I think people need them here.

Mod of Mirkwood forum at:
http://pub28.ezboard.com/bmiddleearth99434

Self Proclaimed Lady Of General Messages, Minx of the 'Moot and semi-retired Official Flirt Of The Slipstream, Discipula Lenta and Warrior Priestess of the Wayists. Queen of Dramatic Tension in many RPs.

In the process of setting up a new SF/Fantasy based fanzine. I want Fanfic, short stories, poetry, filks, reviews, artwork, anything you've got really but most of all IDEAS!!!!. You write it I'll take a look at it.

At the moment I can't pay for submissions but all contributors will recieve a complimentary copy and I am confident that I will be able to pay one day.

Please PM me if you have anything.

Never but never buy a computer from TIME. If you want to know why please ask.

Andromeda fans check out:

http://www.slipstreambbs.com/
Old 05-25-2002, 06:17 PM   #25
Ben
Retired Ent

Strawberry is quite right in that nothing will be solved by this thread. We have decided to close it. Please do not start any more threads on this topic, and if anyone feels the need to continue the discussion, please do it via private communication.

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Old 05-25-2002, 06:18 PM   #26
Darth Tater
The man

LM, You can't just choose which admins you want to deal with! We all run the board! You don't like me, please leave. You're like a drug user who gets arrested for posession and expects to get off because she didn't know marijuana was illegal. Or, she wants to be read her miranda rights a second time. You were informed of one reason the thread was closed, IMO it was enough. Plus your miranda rights are right there, right before you click "agree", we don't need to tell you them again. Please, just drop it, and if you hate this place so much, leave, no one's gonna stop you.
Closed Thread