Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-24-2002, 03:32 PM   #21
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Arwen Undomiel

Sorry, but you're all skipping my hairbrush!

I named my microwave "I Named my Hat I Named my Headphones I Named my Bike I Named my Toothbrush I Named my Hairbrush I Named my Compass I Named my Clarinet I Named my Teddy Bear I Named my Dental Floss My Plant's Name is Pippin."

Whew! I think I'm gonna cut & paste from now on.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 04:10 PM   #22
Halley_Brandybuck
Elven Warrior

good lawd... what have I started?

I named my plant "I named my microwave I Named my Hat I Named my Headphones I Named my Bike I Named my Toothbrush I Named my Hairbrush I Named my Compass I Named my Clarinet I Named my Teddy Bear I Named my Dental Floss My Plant's Name is Pippin."

hah! it's a circle now!

I am in search of an MPEG version of the trailer... if anyone finds one, let me know!

Do not meddle in the affairs of females for they are PMS-ing and quick to batter.

"He fears you Aragorn, and what you may become"

Two Towers in 6 months!
Halley_Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 04:53 PM   #23
Glorious Glorfindel
Elven Warrior

i named my shrubbery with purple bits on it "i named my plant I named my microwave I Named my Hat I Named my Headphones I Named my Bike I Named my Toothbrush I Named my Hairbrush I Named my Compass I Named my Clarinet I Named my Teddy Bear I Named my Dental Floss My Plant's Name is Pippin."

Na-chaered palan-diriel
o galadhremmin ennorath
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, si nef aearon!

add a drop of lavander to milk.
leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Glorious Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 05:09 PM   #24
aldesign
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
I contemplated names for the three of them. the Musketeers, I thought. But I could only remember Portos, and Aramos (D'Artagnon doesn't count because he was the fourth).

Porthos, Athos, & Aramis
D'Artagnon was the 4th.

andy
aldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 05:11 PM   #25
galadriel88

Arwen Undomiel

So? I named my Frodo "I Named my Shrubbery with Purple Bits on it I Named my Plant I Named my Microwave I Named my Hat I Named my Headphones I Named my Bike I Named my Toothbrush I Named my Hairbrush I Named my Compass I Named my Clarinet I Named my Teddy Bear I Named my Dental Floss My Plant's Name is Pippin."

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 03-24-2002, 05:32 PM   #26
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Dear Eru! What have you people done?

Hmm, I think I'll re-name my brother "I Named My Frodo I Named my Shrubbery with Purple Bits on it I Named my Plant I Named my Microwave I Named my Hat I Named my Headphones I Named my Bike I Named my Toothbrush I Named my Hairbrush I Named my Compass I Named my Clarinet I Named my Teddy Bear I Named my Dental Floss My Plant's Name is Pippin."

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 05:36 PM   #27
Elf Girl
Lurker

While you were all going on about ridiculisly complicated names (okay, I was too) I was out buying a plant. It is a "good luck bamboo". It lives in a little Chinese-patterned pottery thing. Right now it has three straight stalks and some offshoots, but when it's bigger it will grow in curls and take up lots of space. So... what should I name it? I will think over any suggestions except "I Named my Frodo I Named my Shrubbery with Purple Bits on it I Named my Plant I Named my Microwave I Named my Hat I Named my Headphones I Named my Bike I Named my Toothbrush I Named my Hairbrush I Named my Compass I Named my Clarinet I Named my Teddy Bear I Named my Dental Floss My Plant's Name is Pippin" or anything along those lines.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 06:16 PM   #28
galadriel88

Arwen Undomiel

Call it Bob. Your friends will laugh - guaranteed. They'll all be expecting something from LOTR, or something oriental sounding.

Sooo...

I named my One - Eyed, One - Eared, Purple People Eater (I know that's not all of it, but oh well...) "I named my Brother I Named My Frodo I Named my Shrubbery with Purple Bits on it I Named my Plant I Named my Microwave I Named my Hat I Named my Headphones I Named my Bike I Named my Toothbrush I Named my Hairbrush I Named my Compass I Named my Clarinet I Named my Teddy Bear I Named my Dental Floss My Plant's Name is Pippin."

Last edited by galadriel88 : 03-24-2002 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-24-2002, 06:42 PM   #29
Elf Girl
Lurker

Bob. Uh-huh. I think Bob is a bit of an overused name.
Old 03-24-2002, 06:52 PM   #30
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

So name it Bob backwards - that would be boB. Betcha people don't overuse that one!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 07:08 PM   #31
Elf Girl
Lurker

I could, but boB sounds the same as Bob.
Old 03-25-2002, 02:57 AM   #32
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

I have a table named Bob.

I named my cat "I named my one-eyed, one eared, flying purple people eater I named my Brother I Named My Frodo I Named my Shrubbery with Purple Bits on it I Named my Plant I Named my Microwave I Named my Hat I Named my Headphones I Named my Bike I Named my Toothbrush I Named my Hairbrush I Named my Compass I Named my Clarinet I Named my Teddy Bear I Named my Dental Floss My Plant's Name is Pippin."
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 04:03 AM   #33
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I don't have a table named Bob, by the way.

But I named my stapler "I named my cat I named my one-eyed, one eared, flying purple people eater I named my Brother I
Named My Frodo I Named my Shrubbery with Purple Bits on it I Named my Plant I Named my Microwave
I Named my Hat I Named my Headphones I Named my Bike I Named my Toothbrush I Named my Hairbrush I Named my Compass I Named my Clarinet I Named my Teddy Bear I Named my Dental Floss My Plant's Name is Pippin."

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 09:52 AM   #34
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

I named my computer "I named my stapler I named my cat I named my one-eyed, one eared, flying purple people eater I named my Brother I
Named My Frodo I Named my Shrubbery with Purple Bits on it I Named my Plant I Named my Microwave
I Named my Hat I Named my Headphones I Named my Bike I Named my Toothbrush I Named my Hairbrush I Named my Compass I Named my Clarinet I Named my Teddy Bear I Named my Dental Floss My Plant's Name is Pippin."

This is getting really weird. By the way boB isn't the same as Bob. You could accent the syllables differently. Oh well. Name is BobboB.

Rosie
He snatches the moons from out of the sky.
RosieCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 12:05 PM   #35
galadriel88

Arwen Undomiel

I named my Oscar "I Named my Computer I Named my Stapler I Named my Cat I Named my One-Eyed, One-Eared, Flying Purple People Eater I Named my Brother I Named My Frodo I Named my Shrubbery with Purple Bits on it I Named my Plant I Named my Microwave I Named my Hat I Named my Headphones I Named my Bike I Named my Toothbrush I Named my Hairbrush I Named my Compass I Named my Clarinet I Named my Teddy Bear I Named my Dental Floss My Plant's Name is Pippin."

On a sidenote: I've always wondered, does this name: "One-Eyed, One-Eared, Flying Purple People Eater" mean it eats purple people or that it's purple itself?

Old 03-25-2002, 02:21 PM   #36
Elf Girl
Lurker

I named my pencil "I Named my Oscar I Named my Computer I Named my Stapler I Named my Cat I Named my One-Eyed, One-Eared, Flying Purple People Eater I Named my Brother I Named My Frodo I Named my Shrubbery with Purple Bits on it I Named my Plant I Named my Microwave I Named my Hat I Named my Headphones I Named my Bike I Named my Toothbrush I Named my Hairbrush I Named my Compass I Named my Clarinet I Named my Teddy Bear I Named my Dental Floss My Plant's Name is Pippin."
Old 03-25-2002, 04:55 PM   #37
Nibs
Head Hollara

I named my bloated pygmy cousin's belly button I named my pencil I Named my Oscar I Named my Computer I Named my Stapler I Named my Cat I Named my One-Eyed, One-Eared, Flying Purple People Eater I Named my Brother I Named My Frodo I Named my Shrubbery with Purple Bits on it I Named my Plant I Named my Microwave I Named my Hat I Named my Headphones I Named my Bike I Named my Toothbrush I Named my Hairbrush I Named my Compass I Named my Clarinet I Named my Teddy Bear I Named my Dental Floss My Plant's Name is Pippin.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 05:41 PM   #38
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

I'd call it "The White Tree of Gondor" or Nimloth or Laurelin or Telperion or some other famous tree.

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Nazgûl Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 06:09 PM   #39
Brimvalir
Elven Warrior

Treebeard Naming

I think I will name my next cat Gandalf

All that is gold does not glitter nor are all those who wander lost......
Brimvalir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 07:04 PM   #40
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Nazgûl Queen
I'd call it "The White Tree of Gondor" or Nimloth or Laurelin or Telperion or some other famous tree.
Good idea. Nimloth, I think.