FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-10-1999, 03:50 AM   #21
anduin

Oops.....

I didn't mean my father...I meant my boyfriend :P

Old 11-11-1999, 12:42 AM   #22
The One Ring

Re: Oops.....

Darth Tater, did you say you lived in Boston? That's interesting, because so do I.... galadriel1, I've hiked around (and over) Mount Greylock and the surrounding Berkshires.

Old 11-11-1999, 12:45 AM   #23
Jaro

Where I went..

I went to some state park in Northern Indiana.. I can't remember the name of it offhand.. Beaver Creek, maybe? Did Blair Witch make you think twice about camping?

Old 11-11-1999, 02:46 AM   #24
anduin

Blair Witch

It might have, but my friend warned me ahead of time, and I made a conscious effort to make light of the movie, which in turn ruined it for me :P Oh well, at least I don't have trouble sleeping in the woods!!

Old 11-11-1999, 02:54 AM   #25
anduin

Spider Sniffing....

Has anyone ever gone spider sniffing? I thought it was a load of ****, until I tried it myself. What you do is, take a flashlight and hold the butt of it between your eyes, but on your forehead. Then aim the beam of light anywhere you think a spider might be, say in some grass or leaves. You have to be about 10 feet away, for best results. The light reflects off their eyes, kinda like a cat, but looks like a very small emerald. Literally, it looks like a gemstone, lying in the grass. Then you can walk up to it and see if it is a BIG'NE!! Very cool, I promise.

Old 11-11-1999, 05:18 AM   #26
galadriel1

Spiders?

Oooo! No way, Jose! Why would you want to go looking for those? ((shivers))

Old 11-11-1999, 12:58 PM   #27
anduin

Re: Spiders?

I like spiders. It is strange though, I am scared to death of them if they are in my house, but not outside....go figure!!

Old 11-11-1999, 10:23 PM   #28
Hernalt

(Hernalt shows up with what he was supposed to bring, when he was supposed to, and where he was supposed to. He suddenly realizes he forgot his toothbrush.)

Old 11-11-1999, 11:20 PM   #29
anduin

Re: ...

That's okay, you can borrow mine :P

Old 11-12-1999, 12:41 AM   #30
DarthNut

I don't camp.

Old 11-12-1999, 01:30 AM   #31
anduin

Why not Darth Nut?

Old 11-12-1999, 07:33 AM   #32
Elrond

Yeah, why not?

Old 11-14-1999, 04:10 PM   #33
galadriel1

Hi all

I`ve been doing a bit of hikng over the weekend so I've been busy. Heading out this afternoon for a couple more days. What fun! Went down to Ohiopyle State Park not too far from the W Va. border. There are some nce trails and spectacular falls. Probably about a 25 foot drop give or take a few feet. It`s the first time the Falls have been open to the public to kayak on so they had a huge kayak competition/race. People came from all over. I was talking to a bunch that was up from the Carolinas. Everyone was so nice. It was like a huge family reunion or something. I hope they do it next year again. It was wild watching them shoot over the Falls. There`s a short section of rapids right before the Falls that gets you going and then shoots you out over the Falls. Some didn`t fare too well. Kept the rescue crews busy. The observation decks were packed. It looks like a lot of fun. I don`t know if I`d have the nerve to do it, thugh. Any white water rafters or kayakers in this group? Hey Hernalt! You didn`t bring enough cupcakes and twnkies! Go get some more! hehehe. Just teasin'. And what do ya need a toothbrush for? Rough it like the rest of us! :-) DarthNut: eyer gone campng? You shoud try it. It`s a lot of fun! Come along with us - you`ll have a good time. Well, gotta get started. Take care everyone.

Old 11-22-1999, 12:37 AM   #34
Elanor

Re: Hi all

I go camping abt 3 times a year, not so much as G, but I like it! Except it rains so much in my home state (OR), that you have to stay in your tent. And hiking in the mud can be fun for short times, but gets old pretty fast. The forests are so beautiful though, wet or dry! Right now I'm at college, so I don't get out much. And it's snowing outside. Elanorthehobbit

Old 11-22-1999, 12:43 AM   #35
anduin

It's snowing there right now?

I love to camp in the snow...it is very quiet, and usually there are no other people around. However, I haven't done in it in awhile....

Old 11-22-1999, 05:23 PM   #36
galadriel1

Re: Elanor

Actually, I don`t do much camping these days, mostly just some hiking! Where in Oregon are you? My friend, Cheef, from some of the other ezboards, is also from Oregon. It`s snowing there? Cool! We`re having unseasonably warm weather here in PA. It`s supposed to be up to 70 today! Is this world screwed up or what? It should be snowing by now!

Old 11-22-1999, 05:25 PM   #37
MerloMo

Re: Elanor

Let's go camping

Old 11-22-1999, 05:31 PM   #38
galadriel1

Snow

Anduin: Isn`t it fun to camp out in the snow? Especially if you have someone warm to cuddle with! :-) I love when it`s right at dusk. I love the lighting at that time especially during winter. It`s beautiful to sit and watch the day fade into night and then watch the stars come out!

Old 11-23-1999, 01:44 AM   #39
Elanor

Re: Snow

I'm from Portland, and it only snows there about twice a year, on average. But right now I'm in Utah, where it snows a lot. Great hikes, though.

Old 11-23-1999, 03:27 AM   #40
anduin

Gabby

I love the way it looks when there's snow on the ground, especially if there is a full moon. Notice how you don't even need a flashlight? Yeah, the stars are great too, the way the sky is so clear because of the cold. aaahh...snow camping