Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote Game - Part 10

The previous thread can be found here. For the new thread, the same rules apply as before.

Basically, you take a quote and remove every second letter, and put a slash between words, and punctuation marks. A solution must include all words solved correctly and the correct speaker identified. Whoever solves the last element, be it quote, speaker, or both, posts the next one. It is not necessary for the one solving to say who it is said to, anything about the context, or what book it's found in.

Example: "I/_i_l/_i_e/_o_/a/_a_e/,/_n_/I/_h_l_/c_l_/y_u/_t_n_."

Answer: "I will give you a name, and I shall call you Sting." Bilbo Baggins (from The Hobbit)

Anything from the books: The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion, or Unfinished Tales is fair game. No movie quotes.

Suggestions for posting:
Some gamers find this method best, fastest, easiest and most accurate. When you've found your quote, type it all in without blanks, simply using the '/' instead of a space, as well as before and after each punctuation mark. Just after a punctuation mark can be a convenient place for a carriage return, if the spacing looks good. After typing, check for spelling and to see that all the words are correct. Then go through and replace every other letter with an underscore '_' - this goes quickly if you use the 'forward arrow' key to advance, use the 'delete' key and then add the underscore where the letter was.

Oh - and we try our best to solve the quotes without looking them up. However, if the one who posted the quote is away or not responding, a player may look up an attempted full solution to see if it was correct before moving on and posting the next quote.

It's Midge's turn to post a quote.