Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:00 PM   #21
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Actually, it was kind of thrilling, but the dentist looked at the X-rays, then in my mouth, and then gave the following face:

Apparently, my teeth are quite clean, and wisdom teeth are no problem because I was born without them, but the other evidence suggests the presence of extra-terrestrial genes in me.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:01 AM   #22
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
So, apparently I have to pay an accompanist $140 a month to come to one of my voice lessons a week, and then to practice with him once a week. So about $500 extra a semester.

I love how I had all of the information I needed up front, about what being a music major was going to cost. Also how coordinated the voice program is. Yeah. These people have their program together. Not.

Argh. I'm just stressed out and wound up from the deluge of things I'm having to learn/memorize/figure out all at once. I'm also worried about how I'm going to find a job that'll work around my schedule, plus paying for school. I don't want to have to take out $30,000 in student loans to graduate.

I know. I have it amazingly good. I'm just wound up to my limit right about now.
Just keep on researching the possibilities! I'm sure you'll find something you can work with sooner or later! (allthough it is indeed very frustrating if it gets to be later)
Good luck! (and perhaps the fact that it is the same everywhere can give you some comfort?)

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 08-29-2007, 06:03 AM   #23
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Actually, it was kind of thrilling, but the dentist looked at the X-rays, then in my mouth, and then gave the following face:

Apparently, my teeth are quite clean, and wisdom teeth are no problem because I was born without them, but the other evidence suggests the presence of extra-terrestrial genes in me.
extra-terrestrial genes? Why so?

NB: who thought of that annoying 90 seconds rule?

Old 08-29-2007, 09:21 PM   #24
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
extra-terrestrial genes? Why so?

NB: who thought of that annoying 90 seconds rule?
The teeth, Mari, the teeth.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:34 AM   #25
Mari
Elf Lady

Still don't get it, but that's okay. I'm rather... well I wouldn't want to say stupid, but that is what I am, so I'll just say it: I'm rather stupid. You heard that!? I SAID STUPID! S T U P I D STUPIDO BAKA IDIOOT! Got enough of it now? Yeah? Good! So do I!
Phew, glad to have that out of my system

Speaking of teeth, my last wisdomtooth keeps surfacing and then being covered by flesh again. If I wanted the torture of new teeth breaking through the flesh to repeat itself, I would go back to my 1 year old self. Which I did not, so I don't like it! Make up your mind stupid tooth! In or out.
Seriously, where is the wisdom in that thing?
By the way, I have 3 wisdomteeth doing their job and I'm still not very wise. Makes you wonder how unwise I was before those three surfaced, doesn't it?

Old 08-30-2007, 05:36 AM   #26
Mari
Elf Lady

*finally got a grip on herself*
My sincere apologies for the previous somewhat incoherent post.
Lot of stress: trying to get my mother a present for her 50th birthday, but she allready has everything.
Only 1 day left...

Old 08-30-2007, 08:15 AM   #27
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Shop Mari! Shop! Good luck with that... remember, you can never go wrong with a good CD ^_^.

My mini-vent is that I can't join up with my church's morning choir again, because the rehearsals are on Thursday, and I already have a voice studio, choir, voice lesson, and then have to work with my accompanist every single Thursday. Adding another choir might be too much, AND someone needs to go home and take care of the dog.

Considering that the rest of my family wants to be in the choir, and that I kind of have a bunch of other musical things I can do that they can't, it makes sense for me to just not rejoin.

Ah well.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:50 AM   #28
Mari
Elf Lady

speaking of choirs, still looking for a new one. But limited it to two.
I think I'll check them out next week.
Ah and got my mother a present! Took some time and trouble, but it's done!
I needed to ask my grandmother to help finance the BIG plan though.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:01 PM   #29
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Is it so hard to get a book? Is it REALLY needing to be this hard?

I've been trying to get my hands on a diction book for the past week and a half. I special ordered it on Saturday and was told it would be in by Wednesday (and the special shipping cost extra). Well, it's Friday and I still don't have my damn book.

No one can lend me one because they either need it to study, aren't sure where theirs is, or don't have one of that particular text. I've tried students, a couple of students who have taken the class recently, and I've even tried asking all of my teachers who have anything to do with voice.

I have 63 pages of reading to do, all of it in condensed format explaining complex rules for the IPA diction and Italian diction rules, I have a test on Wednesday of next week covering that material, I needed the text as of a week ago, and I can't get my hands on it.

Literally, if I don't get my hands on this book it is going to set me back a whole year because I can't take the class again till next fall, I'll have wasted the money spent on the class, and there is no possible way I can pass this test without the book or keep up with the class... and it's an extremely intense class.

DAMMIT. I am so frustrated and angry right now, and I don't know what to do. I'm completely at my wit's end... I can special order one from Amazon, but it wont get here till Wednesday most likely, plus the shipping is $25 to do that.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:38 PM   #30
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

vent - the year we move to Arizona, we get both record colds (plants/trees froze and some died) and record heat

I'm sick o' sweatin'!! It feels like my eyeballs are even sweating! When my son comes home from football practice, his clothes are simply beyond description

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 08-31-2007, 05:16 PM   #31
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an

I'm sick o' sweatin'!! It feels like my eyeballs are even sweating! When my son comes home from football practice, his clothes are simply beyond description
One word my dear Rian: super-freeze, uber-dry deoderant that keeps you comfortable throughout the day, doesn't let a drip of sweat drop, keeps you at the perfect temperature throughout, and makes you feel superior.

but...they haven't made it yet Darn.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 08-31-2007, 06:17 PM   #32
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Ratz!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-01-2007, 06:13 AM   #33
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
Is it so hard to get a book? Is it REALLY needing to be this hard?

I've been trying to get my hands on a diction book for the past week and a half. I special ordered it on Saturday and was told it would be in by Wednesday (and the special shipping cost extra). Well, it's Friday and I still don't have my damn book.

No one can lend me one because they either need it to study, aren't sure where theirs is, or don't have one of that particular text. I've tried students, a couple of students who have taken the class recently, and I've even tried asking all of my teachers who have anything to do with voice.

I have 63 pages of reading to do, all of it in condensed format explaining complex rules for the IPA diction and Italian diction rules, I have a test on Wednesday of next week covering that material, I needed the text as of a week ago, and I can't get my hands on it.

Literally, if I don't get my hands on this book it is going to set me back a whole year because I can't take the class again till next fall, I'll have wasted the money spent on the class, and there is no possible way I can pass this test without the book or keep up with the class... and it's an extremely intense class.

DAMMIT. I am so frustrated and angry right now, and I don't know what to do. I'm completely at my wit's end... I can special order one from Amazon, but it wont get here till Wednesday most likely, plus the shipping is $25 to do that.
I know I'm not supposed to suggest this but... *checks left and right before moving over and whispering:* can't you just download it from internet somewhere?

Old 09-01-2007, 06:15 AM   #34
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
One word my dear Rian: super-freeze, uber-dry deoderant that keeps you comfortable throughout the day, doesn't let a drip of sweat drop, keeps you at the perfect temperature throughout, and makes you feel superior.

but...they haven't made it yet Darn.
Then why do you suggest it?

Old 09-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #35
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
vent - the year we move to Arizona, we get both record colds (plants/trees froze and some died) and record heat

It's really hot here in California too. We're enduring what's supposed to be the hottest days of the year right now . . . there was an article on it in the LA Times . . . and I've been blundering about half asleep all the time.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 09-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #36
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Then why do you suggest it?
Pure Malice

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 09-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #37
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
Pure Malice
You're evil

Old 09-02-2007, 04:11 PM   #38
hectorberlioz

Quote:
You're evil
Mari, now that you're learning The Ways Of Entmoot's Infamous President, you'll make a fine moderator

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 09-04-2007, 07:01 PM   #39
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

It would be nice, you know, that the little moments of luck and progress didn't feel like they'll have to be paid off with several bad lucks and setbacks. It would be nice if things just actually got along for once, not eaten by the big mean wolf behind the next bend. Not a happy camper today, probably won't be tomorrow either, or the day after that. Fne.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #40
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
It would be nice, you know, that the little moments of luck and progress didn't feel like they'll have to be paid off with several bad lucks and setbacks. It would be nice if things just actually got along for once, not eaten by the big mean wolf behind the next bend. Not a happy camper today, probably won't be tomorrow either, or the day after that. Fne.
*huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Entmoot snugglin'*

I'm sorry you're not feeling good.

I have a tiny vent, which is that I was hoping to put up a clip from my voice lesson today, because my voice really popped and I thought, "it'd be great to finally have something really good to put up on Entmoot."

But I think we forgot to turn on the mic. :-/ So not only do I not have the diction corrections my teacher recorded for me, I don't have the clips, or her 'spoken word' advice for correcting my posture, etc. which I was planning to listen to tomorrow so that I could really engage it for my Thursday lesson.

Blech.
Closed Thread