Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-26-2001, 05:16 PM   #21
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

wasn't gil-galad "burnt to death" by Sauron?

the force is very dynamic while "magic" in tolkien's world is more subtle

Saruman would be a master of the Jedi mind trick
"beware the Voice of Saruman"

as far a maul and gandalf, there are many force powers not seen in the movies they are in the books and games so It would not be so easy to kill maul.

BUT it would be cool to see Glamdring VS. a lightsaber

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 07:09 PM   #22
Gloer
Sapling

What a piece of childish conversation! I love it!

My dad is better than yours -style... heh... reigns here.
(Ok. A few exceptions)

Sauron vs. Palpatine

Hmmm. Unfortunately Sauron is a loser here since Palpatine simply blasts the whole Middle-Earth out of existance with his Death Star!
Anyone recall that!

Maybe the Emperor is Morgoth who got cast out to the void that is the space or galaxy in Star Wars! WOW!
Or then he became the Dark Side of the Force!? He possesses Senator Palpatine and beginns his quest for ultimate domination anew!

Hey I like this mix... Mayby Gollum and Yoda are related?
Gloer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 08:56 PM   #23
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

*/chuckles.

Ok... Sauron versus Darth Sidious

Well... Sidious can shoot purplish lightning bolts out of his hand and kill people (unfortunately, it seems that a normal strength human can withstand multiple direct hits from this particular attack). He can also corrupt other humans, but only if they 'go over to the dark side'. His main power comess from the massive political body, the Empire.

Sauron can kill the High King of the Elves, and the king of the Numenoreans in Exile. By burning them to death. With his hands. And he lived to tell about it. his main strength came from the ring, which allowed him to control the minds of several millions of people, including nine of the most powerful mumans on the planet.

All things considered. Sauron.

Gandalf versus Darth maul is sort of a strange comparison. I'm going to go with a closer one:

Gandalf Versus Qui Gon Jinn

Qui Gon is a Jedi master. He can use telekinesis, telepathy, and his force powers allow him greater than usual strength, stamina, speed and agility. In addition to this, he is prescient. Also fairly nifty with a lightsaber.

Gandalf is an Istari. He is quite a gifted telepath, he can create and reshape things in his surroundings, and he has superhuman strength, stamina, speed, and agility. He is able to defend himself from attack through magical means, and respond in the same way.

Qui Gon is killed by a Sith of unknown race. This creature is approximately seven or eight feet tall, and has force abilities similar to, or perhaps stronger than, those mentioned with Qui Gon. It weilds a double bladed light saber. He kills qui gon after the pair is isolated behind some sort of force field, and after doing so, is still strong enough to take on a younger jedi.

Gandalf is killed by a balrog. This creature is perhaps as tall as eighteen. It likely has wings. It's magical (subcreative) abilities are possibly less poetent than gandalfs's, however, it has the ability to chreate and manipulate fire and shadow. It wields a burning sword in one hand, and a milti-thong whip in the other. It is killed by gandalf, but manages to inflict enough damage that he dies shortly thereafter.

Gandalf versus Qui Gon, most likely: Gandalf

Darth Maul versus The Balrog, all things considered: The Balrog

Ok... here's a few more.

Darth Vader versus the Witch King

Darth Vader was once a man, Anakin Skywalker. He became Vader after he (reportedly) fell into a lava pit of some kind. He has a machine suit, which makes him quite strong, but he is easily killed in the end (due to his damaged body). He is an incredibly gifted telekinetic, and has the aforementioned ability to predict the future. He fights with a lightsaber, but does not appear to be terribly skilled (and he is limited physically).

The Witch King was also once a man, although we don't know who. He became the Lord of The Nazgul after recieving a ring from sauron. He has the power of fear, as well as control over weaker minds, and he seems to be able to destroy objects using magic. His weapons are a Mace, a Sword, and a Knife, which through black magic turns the wounded victim into a wraith under his control. He is incredibly strong, and almost impervious to physical attack.

I can't decide. If the witch king can be wounded by a lightsaber, I would tend to say that Vader would win. If vader was wounded with a Morgul Dagger, the witch king would win. There is also the problem of whether onr not vader can be considered a Man or an Ex-Man.

All things considered, most likely The Witch King

Earendil versus Han Solo

Earendil: The greatest mariner ever. Has a ship, Vingilot, capable of going into space. Has posession of a silmaril. Possibly fights with a bow, possibly with a sword/spear.

Han Solo: Great pilot. Thinks he's the greatest. Has a ship, The Milennium Falcon, capable of hyperspace travel. Weapons include some really nice heavy blaster cannons.

All things considered: Han Solo

Gollum versus JarJar

JarJar is annoying, possibly pretty strong but to clumsy to do anything. Has some awful dumb luck.

Gollum is strong, fast, and pretty smart. He also knows how to sneak around and get the jump on someone.

A tough call, but most likely Gollum. JarJar just isn't a killer.

Heheh. Middle Earth Rocks.
Old 12-04-2001, 03:35 PM   #24
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Quote:
Sauron can kill the High King of the Elves, and the king of the Numenoreans in Exile. By burning them to death. With his hands. And he lived to tell about it. his main strength came from the ring, which allowed him to control the minds of several millions of people, including nine of the most powerful mumans on the planet.
Where does it say this?

Since TPM, Palantine has always confused me, when did he learn how to shoot lighting bolts? He's not a Jedi in TPM, he would be too old to learn after he become chancellor. I believe you got your Palatine/Sidous confused Wayfarer.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 05:27 PM   #25
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Palpatine, not palantine, wasn't it?

An yes, they were the same person. Senator Palpatine was secretly Darth Sidious (the elder sith) , and when he became Emperor Palpatine he forsook the Sidious persona altogether.

The lord of the rings... the council of Elrond, I believe, gandalf quotes Isildur on the ring:

"It missith, perhaps, the heat of it's master's hand, which was black and yet burned like fire, and so were Gil-Galad and Elendil destroyed."

Good enough for you?
Old 12-04-2001, 06:41 PM   #26
Comic Book Guy

You didn't need to be aggressive, sorry if you took my post in an offensive way.
Old 12-04-2001, 07:01 PM   #27
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

*/chuckles.

That wasn't agressive at all.

Perhaps Inolondil could tell you about the time I lost my temper and flamed him. Agressive enough to make a balrog blanch.
Old 12-04-2001, 07:02 PM   #28
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

By the By. I'm extremely hard to offend. Don't worry about it.
Old 12-17-2001, 03:37 AM   #29
bombcar
Hobbit

Sauron vs emperor

Sauron had better control of his servants than palpitine did (Darth Vader repents), but the ringwraiths never even consider it, so overall, I think Sauron had the more power (it was an actual mind control power that makes a Jedi Mind Trick look like a TV commercial.
bombcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 05:57 AM   #30
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

hey comic book guy

wayfarer was not being aggressive

he just has a biting wit

you will DEFINATELY know when he goes off on you

to wayfarer

i don't recall the race of Darth Maul ( or his sister shopping mall) but i "BELIEVE" it starts with an "X"

BUT DARTH MAUL IS NOT SEVEN FEET TALL

he is actually rather short

ray park is a short man look at the duels and the photo shots
Quote:
Well... Sidious can shoot purplish lightning bolts out of his hand and kill people (unfortunately, it seems that a normal strength human can withstand multiple direct hits from this particular attack).
sorry my young padawan as i stated earlier there are more powers to jedi that what is seen in the movies

the books and games which are sancationed by lucas delve into far greater detail

luke was far from a NORMAL human AND do not forget that the emperor was torturing him before the coup de grace

recall the the line something like " now young skywalker time to die" then the emperor really lit him up and daddy skywalker saved his ass

Quote:
He fights with a lightsaber, but does not appear to be terribly skilled (and he is limited physically).
COME ON he fought with obi won on the death star
he did not win because ben dropped his body as a sacrifice before vader's blade even touched him but they were going toe to toe for awhile

when he fought luke on bespin he began fight him with one hand while stupid ass luke was using two ( sorry luke was an idiot) he came to save his friends not face vader and there is a scene in empire where he could have jetted BUT NO he continued after him
in jedi until he threatened leia they seemed fairly equal

i think we might have to wait until episode III

to really see what vader can do though

as far as the falcon and the deathstar i "THINK" ( yes sometimes i do) these are more one on one duels

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Old 12-17-2001, 05:04 PM   #31
Comic Book Guy

I believe Darth Mauls race is called Zabrak, theres a member of the Jedi Council of the same race. In the TPM Dvd extras it shows some concept art featuring Darth Vader and a member of the Jedi Council dueling, Lucas speaks of how energitic and skilled the Jedis and Siths are, its not exactly canon though.
Old 12-18-2001, 01:27 PM   #32
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

thanks

I said "X" but it should have been "Z"

'Dern Helm"

Old 01-05-2002, 12:26 AM   #33
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

Frodo vs. R2D2

"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 05:35 AM   #34
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

ROTFLMHO

That is funny. LOL

'Dern Helm"

Old 01-05-2002, 05:38 AM   #35
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

I'm gonna post something in the LOTR forum about this.

'Dern Helm"

Old 01-06-2002, 11:09 PM   #36
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Quote:
Originally posted by CardenIAntauraNauco
Frodo vs. R2D2

Frodo. no R2. No Frodo.

Yeah. Frodo would certainly win.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 12:07 AM   #37
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

Sauron vs. an Ewok
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 06:54 PM   #38
Alethes
Enting

Hmmm...I wonder who would win that one?
-Proverbs 22:11
Alethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 11:44 PM   #39
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

The ewok, of course!!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:55 AM   #40
Naugrim
Hobbit

Uhhh... let's see... how bout Chewie vs. Legolas (tree-loving Wookiee bowman vs. tree-loving Sindar bowman)? Let's make it duel at ten paces ( we're gonna see elven arms and legs strewn across the floor if we make it mano-a-mano).

Some other ideas:

Treebeard vs. an AT-AT

Glaurung vs. an AT-AT

Smaug vs. an Imperator class Star Destroyer

Vingilot vs. the Death Star

Hobbits vs. Ewoks

Movie Leia vs. Movie Arwen

Novel Leia vs. Novel Arwen

Flying Nazgul vs. Rogue Squadron (trimmed down to 9 to even the odds-- using the latest Stackpole/Alston roster)
Naugrim is offline   Reply With Quote