Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-27-1999, 08:16 PM   #21
gdl96

Re: lightsaber duel

dmaul could easily win. just because he is a sith warroir doesnt mean hes not very strong in the force. dmaul was very strong in the force(not as strong as vader, but still strong). dmail would win becuase he spent several years training himself to fight and use his special light saber.
Old 11-02-1999, 01:20 AM   #22
Tai daishar

Darth Maul used the Force in TPM. Don't you remeber when he was backing up, he cleared the floor with barely a wave.
Old 11-02-1999, 10:34 PM   #23
Darth Tater

Whoever just said Darth Maul can't use the force should watch TPM.
Old 11-03-1999, 10:51 PM   #24
dmaul96

That's stupid, stihs are more powerful than jedi. Anyway you cant fight 2 jedi at the same time and not know how to use the force. villen20000 obviously knows nothidng aboput star wars.
Old 11-21-1999, 08:18 AM   #25
Elanor

But Darth Maul could only defeat QG when OW wasn't there, and OW defeated him. Vader versus Luke: In my opinion they are both the chosen one. (and who made that prophecy anyway? it could be wrong) I've heard that this situation comes from King Arthur mythology: Lancelot, the great hero, tries to get the Holy Grail, but he is impure and fails. His son Galahad becomes a greater knight, goes out, and gets the Grail, making L mad. L tries to kill G, but G beats him and saves his life. L decides to be good again and then dies. Sound familiar? Elanor, in whose opinion Obi-Wan would win, but actually they wouldn't fight at all.
Old 11-21-1999, 02:05 PM   #26
whoturnedoutthelightsburt

Yoda would kick all their tired asses
Old 11-27-1999, 02:37 AM   #27
dmaul96

sevwervev

Qui Gonn died not because he was worse than ob1, he died because he was tired as hell. Dmaul should of won the lightsaber match. The only reason ob1 won was because he had one lucky moment. He didn't beat him in the heat of battle. Damul's lightsaber wasn't even open. Dmaul is better than qui gonn and ob1. He should've won against ob1 and qui gonn.
Old 11-27-1999, 05:47 AM   #28
anduin

Just a quick question...

...who were Dmaul and Damul? As for my answer, I would have to agree with whoturnedouthtelightsburt...Yoda.
Old 11-27-1999, 09:33 PM   #29
Gimli the Dwarf

Light is better than Dark

I think that the young Obi Wan would win. After all, He beat D.Maul once, he could probably win again. Besides, Light is better than Dark. The old Obi Wan would be gone in no time. Though in a Sith vs. Sith battle, D.Maul would cream D.Vader.
Old 03-06-2000, 10:10 PM   #30
Elaida

Bringing balance to the Force...

I could be wrong, but bringing balance to the Force doesn't mean bring in more Jedi, neccessarily. There already plenty of light-side users, so to bring balance to the Force, I think there'd need to be more Dark Side users, so by becoming Vader, Anakin is helping to balance out the Force.
Old 05-04-2001, 06:50 PM   #31
easterlinge

Re: Bringing balance to the Force...

"There already plenty of light-side users, so to bring balance to the Force, I think there'd need to be more Dark Side users, so by becoming Vader, Anakin is helping to balance out the Force. "

Or by wiping out most of the Light-siders. That would do it and balance the Force too.
Old 05-10-2001, 10:50 PM   #32
webwizard333

Personally, I think if it was angry (not clam, cool, boring,...) Luke would win. We saw what happened to DV when he got Luke mad in the 3d movie.... Remember, this is a lightsaber duel not a competition for who has more machinery of midichlorians....
Old 05-11-2001, 03:23 AM   #33
Lief Erikson

I think that when a dark Jedi fights a light one, so far as I've seen, the good one has had to use anger to defeat his enemy. Such was the case with both Obi-Wan and Luke Skywalker. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon-Jinn were both together incapable of beating Darth Maul, but then Obi-Wan alone was capable of it when he got mad.

This might not always be the case. For instance, I expect that Yoda could have turned Darth Maul to crud without using anger, but in general this might be so. Using anger can enhance the fighting ability of the warrior.
Old 05-14-2001, 08:15 AM   #34
easterlinge

For the life of me, I cannot imagine Yoda duelling Vader (or anyone for that matter) with a lightsaber. Talk about size discrepancy!! :lol:

Maybe he uses a shorter lighsaber?
Old 05-14-2001, 02:42 PM   #35
Lief Erikson

Oh no, I doubt very highly that he'll be using a lightsaber. I think he's far more likely to use force explosions or something like that. Sending out a destructive wave or the like.
Old 05-18-2001, 08:26 PM   #36
Mace McClain

Yea, that how I see it as well.
Old 05-19-2001, 12:58 AM   #37
Lief Erikson

Yoda dancing around with a miny lightsaber just doesn't really seem to fit. I'm sure that there are many creatures which are strong in the Force which don't have strong enough arms or legs for such things.
Old 08-08-2001, 05:57 PM   #38
Prince Faramir

logically

obi wan would beat all of the fighting jedi. i have reached this conclusion because he both trained darth vader, who murdered most of the jedi's, also he killed a very powerful darth maul. think about it when he goes mad with darth - he breaks his light saber in half. also when qui gonn and obi are fighting him, he is always, always defending himself going backwards!!! and the only way he kills one of them is fighting qui gonn on his own with a double bladed lightsaber.

on the other hand both the emperor and yoda could have kicked any of the fighting jedi's butts, being superior as beings.

the real question is who would have won yoda when about 500 years old, or the emperor in his prime?

hmmmmmmm
Old 08-09-2001, 04:59 PM   #39
webwizard333

Re: logically

Yoda!!!
Old 08-09-2001, 11:41 PM   #40
Prince Faramir

yoda

would have wupped him good. imagine him flying cross the room...be really entertaining