lol. well, for now, bmilde rhas to uhh use my computer! grrr oh well
Old 06-19-2000, 10:28 PM   #23
bmilder

Woohoo!

It's fixed and up and running again!
Old 06-20-2000, 04:14 AM   #24
arynetrek

computer trick

this sounds stupid, but it really works...

if you talk to your computers like you do to people, & if you don't call them "stupid computer" within their hearing, they'll never give you problems. i speak from experience - right now i'm on a year-old laptop that has been dropped at least 4 times, i also have a 4-year-old laptop that's in wonderful condition & an 8?-year-old PC that (if i kept my mother off it) would work great.

we've had a lot of Mac-pushing, so y'all asked for this...

I HAVE THE WORLD'S BEST LAPTOP!
but actually now it's more of a floor-top...

aryne *
Old 06-20-2000, 09:06 PM   #25
Darth Tater

Re: computer trick

I know it souds weird too, but listen to arynetrek, it works.
Old 06-21-2000, 08:24 AM   #26
emilsson

Re: computer trick

My computer screen has an annoying habbit. It whistles.
Old 06-21-2000, 06:31 PM   #27
RKittle

Whining monitors...

My office partner (who's office is actually 2 rooms away) has a monitor that periodically gives off a high-pitched whine.....EEEEEYAAAYYYYEEEEEYAAAAAA

It's awful!
Old 07-03-2000, 08:01 AM   #28
mhomer4

Re: Hi!

'Invest'? Yeah right.
You know the old joke 'Best way to accelerate a Mac: 9.8m/secon squared'? I told it to a 6th form (that's year 12, 17 years old) Physics student, he drew the literal meaning and actually threw his Mac out the window. He told me 'Thanks for that tip you gave me. It's going so fast I can't even see it going because the photon display microprocessor can't handle the masses of input at the speed which increased direcly proportionate to the influx of positive electrons during the gravitationally-excited movement produced when the ' yada yada yada. He seriously thought it was real. Some people are just too stupid. Lusers.
Old 07-03-2000, 09:17 PM   #29
Darth Tater

For future referance, we don't deal too kindly with mac bashers around here.
Old 07-03-2000, 09:58 PM   #30
noldo

Mac rules.
Old 07-04-2000, 12:22 AM   #31
mhomer4

Macs still suck. They haven't had a decent technological advance since the Apple II. And iMacs are modelled after a smegging IRON, dammit. (see PC World, Dumb Terminal)

'Mac rules'. You ever played AOK?
8 ) All hail, king ...

Grow up. Honestly, is it really that important for you to bash a computer. God, let others have their own opinions!!! I see any more of this I'm banning you for 24 hours.
Old 07-04-2000, 10:50 AM   #32
anduin

<---see this, know what it means?

It means that I rule your a$$. Just kidding....that wasn't very nice of me and I'm not setting a very good example. Let me introduce myself, I'm anduin, admin@Entmoot, and owner of a beloved G3. Since no one can actually prove to me that either machine is better than the other, I would prefer that neither be bashed. I don't want to see "Macs suck" or "PCs suck" any more! "PCs rule" or Macs rule" is acceptable.....see Noldo's above post for the correct usage.
Old 07-05-2000, 12:38 AM   #33
mhomer4

Ok...

Despite the total illogicality of it, I'll agree with it.
How about Amigas? They're great. In fact, I'm using one right now. As a doorstop. *cough*
So...
8 ) All hail...
Old 07-05-2000, 02:52 AM   #34
galpsi

Re: Ok...

My current g3 is the only Mac (of four that my wife and I have had) that has behaved very well. (So why keep buying? Kept getting great(??!) second-hand deals.)
Old 07-05-2000, 06:11 PM   #35
etherealunicorn

woes

I sympathize with ya'll's problems. I am still having them, despite the fact that I have been very polite to this dratted electronic paperweight. If I have not been posting much lately, chalk it up to my own computer woes. First the PC, then the phone lines. Between the two of them, I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that having a computer isn't worth the hassle. If it keeps up with this one, I think that we will all go out into the backyard together, so that Mr. PC can be properly introduced to Mr. Pickaxe.
I swear, sometimes the thought becomes extremely attractive.
Just as an afterthought for anyone who has ever been tempted to buy a computer from the Home Shopping Network. Their computers are total garbage and you will be simply throwing money away. Spend it on a good computer. Learn from my example
Peace to you all and thank you for your patience with my slowness recently.
Old 07-06-2000, 12:45 AM   #36
bmilder

Re: woes

Personally I'm not too fond of Macs, although it's true I really haven't used any My main problem with them is that they aren't compatible with anything and it's a pain in the neck